Home
No one killed this time....

https://m.mysanantonio.com/neighbor...-on-video-15050441.php#item-85307-tbla-5
Again over by Houston, The Woodlands is an upscale area

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ch...odlands-plead-for-help-with-14885278.php
Those hogs need a dose of this...

Uber eats, freshness right to your door.
[Linked Image from sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com]
No pigs have been here since the transient bunch came thru last June! 😕 And those were the first in years.

Would really like an old sow to walk thru with about 1/2 dozen 20 lb shoats. They would look ever so nice on the freezer shelf.

Edit, I did see a big ol’ lone black boar up on neighbors place a mile up the road while wifey was in hospital. But thats about it.
Had this boar show up a day or so ago.

I need to give him a pill. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Yup, he needs murderin’.

Just a question....

why doesn't the TX governor get the National Guard to do arerial gunnery on these hogs ?

They have the tools & manpower.....just a thought ?
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Just a question....

why doesn't the TX governor get the National Guard to do arerial gunnery on these hogs ?

That would be a huge waste of money and a huge overstep of government on private property.

I sure wouldn't want some 19 year old national guardsman using an M-60 on hogs in a pasture where my cattle, or myself are.

Just a thought........

I would think they could be a bit more precise than that using an M16 style ?
LOL!

Difference between cattle and hogs?

You just don’t lead em as much!

Cows that run are pigs!

Cows that don’t run are well disciplined pigs!

😆

Just a question....

They do just that on military and federal land, its just not that effective. They stay under cover fairly well.

I think year before last, they popped around 500 on camp bullis from the air. It just feeds the survivors.

Again.....if there are that dammm many & getting out of control......

Go one step above & beyond......no ?
I study the subject, and do my part of killin them, I really believe the only solution is poison with the salt

well hell.......our Governor put a $50 a head on every coyote killed in Utah
Hell back in the days of the Huey, the NG was flyin’ some kinds drug intervention here in the neighborhood. Busted an old azz woman other side of Wilbarger creek for growing a garden full of okra!!! No schidt! Poor old azz woman was like older than dirt. Lived alone.

They became dubbed "The Okra Police"!
Hey, one day it will be like Florida. Hogs, Black Bear, and Pythons, will force everyone to need a Big Bore pistol or 45/70 just to take the trash to the street.
Apparently only times pigs become a real issue is when they invade a new suburban neighborhood.

Then, the 4th Estate gets a lot of milage out of their stories.
They do aerial hog hunting in certain places during the winter here. There's an outfit in Bardwell that hunts but needs lots of acres to hunt. The farmers and ranchers go together and pay to have them clear the hogs out. They also take people up to hunt with them but at $1600 per person it isn't for the average guy. At least they were doing that in 2015 when we moved from that area. They sometimes get 1500 or more per hunt. They're so prolific it still doesn't make a dent in the populations.

well hell.......our Governor put a $50 a head on every coyote killed in Utah

Bounties are usually a joke.

They don't work. Still got coyotes, don't you? wink

The answer to the hog problem is a poison or disease that targets them.

They have both. The problem is the collateral damage those cause.

I would love to be the guy that invents a poison that kills feral hogs without risk of killing everything else that's in the area.

I'd be a rich man if I did. (They have way more qualified folks than me working on that 'round the clock)
The #1 threat to agricultural activity in this area is urban sprawl from the great Marxist whore on the banks of the Colorado river about 30 miles upstream! Pigs ain’t got schidt on them!
They brought in the chopper and gunners over by one of our places a couple months ago due to the clamor of some farmers. Flew out a bunch of acres and killed 33 pigs. No telling what the price per pig was to the taxpayers for that little foray. Our place is less than 4 miles from the area they gunned and I shot up a sounder there less than two weeks later.

I don’t think the aerial gunning thing pencils out on pigs.

There’s no easy answer until they get a poison or something worked out. Until then, unless they are just really thick, if you’ll just go shoot them up they’ll relocate for a while. One place I have that borders a creek that is a travel corridor for pigs I can count on shooting a sounder up every three weeks to a month. That’s about how long it generally takes for a new bunch to move in and set up shop. If everyone that bitched about them carried a rifle in the truck and shot them up when they saw them they’d stay on the run.
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

that's what I'd like to do some day.......^^^^^^^

looks like a hoot.........seen one outfit in TX that does charters on chopper....about $2K

https://www.helicopterpighunting.com/
you when your shooting from the chopper you don't lead them you aim behind them.
Not hunting hogs, but netting deer. The net "gunner" in the one chopper is the nephew of the chef at the assisted living facility where wife was for a while last year. He lost a foot and got pretty banged up bad. But he is doing much better.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ki...503-c4464e31-646c-4331-8349-8a0b75774a5c

Just an fyi.
You folks can keep them, thank you.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
you when your shooting from the chopper you don't lead them you aim behind them.

When gunning coyotes from a chopper, I'd try and aim for their nose.

The shot wasn't far. 40 yards or so on avg.

But, if I'd aimed behind them, I would have missed by a mile.

I filmed this one for awhile to show everyone a POV view of what gunning out of chopper on coyotes is like... Shot him after I put the camera down. (I couldn't film and shoot at the same time.. wink )

now.........that's kool ^^^^^^^^^^^
Roger's right about the point of aim on hogs in most cases though.

I was gunning out of an R-22 chopper, and it could fly slow enough to parallel a coyote.

The big 4 or 5 passenger choppers most use to gun hogs can't fly that slow, and actually outrun the hog, so you have to aim behind them.

Point of aim all depends on your airspeed. wink
I live about ten miles from the Woodlands. I’ve seen them many times driving through there. The landscaping is always fuuucked up. I bet they have hell with the golf courses there.

now.........that's kool ^^^^^^^^^^^

It was pretty fun.

Flew 3 times on that outing and killed a 120 some-odd coyotes.

Still, I have to wonder about the cost effectiveness. It was pretty expensive per coyote.
I think they are here to stay like axis deer and pythons
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Had this boar show up a day or so ago.

I need to give him a pill. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

LMAO.
The pig in that first video would have been a lot easier to handle with its throat cut!
Jerry
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I understand the pig has contacted the ACLU and that they have procured an attorney to file charges on behalf of the pig against the city PD and FD for excessive use of force during the arrest...

Apparently this pig is a first cousin of Maxwell Pig from the Geico commercials.

Know a rancher in southern Oklahoma that runs cattle and does aerial spraying and burns from a helicopter.
He owns 2 Bell Jet Ranger helicopters that he keeps in a hangar behind his house.

Landowners will request him come fly their places to kill hogs and coyotes.
Charges them $900.00 an hour to kill hogs.

His guys use 12 ga 00 buck which he buys by the pallet.
Says a long shot will be 35 yards.

He's killed 2 or 3 himself with a pistol while flying the bird.
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
I think they are here to stay like axis deer and pythons

Haven’t seen any pythons yet. But I brought home Mediterranean geckos in my boxes of stuff out of my office when I retired. They seem to do well here. Cats find em delish!
No way to kill hogs out. They are well adapted to feral living. Rocky or swamps, no difference, except they get bigger in woods and swamps.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
The #1 threat to agricultural activity in this area is urban sprawl from the great Marxist whore on the banks of the Colorado river about 30 miles upstream! Pigs ain’t got schidt on them!

Well said,

But to limit "growth" is very Anti-American. Especially to the private property folks there in TX and elsewhere.

Folks want to move to Austin, San Ant, etc..........we gotta have land to sell to them............and the rif raf that mows their yards and cleans their houses too!

You know..............all us Californios are just dying to live in TX. grin

Geno

PS, we be movin' to MT and ID in droves too! shocked
If a feral hog of such a tasty size was inside MY fence, there would be no need to call the cops or animal control, I'd have it ALL under control and in the freezer right quick!

Also, just where are the cops going to put little piggie? IN the back seat of their cruiser?
C’mon! Geno! What you waitin’ on??? Go to SF and get RG and bring him too!!!
C’mon! Geno! What you waitin’ on??? Go to SF and get RG and bring him too!!!

I'd be tempted..............................if I could move a few million acres of "MY" public land with me to plop down in my backyard! grin

Geno

PS, it would be "YOUR" public land too, and about a gajillion other Texicans would want on it so's they could give up their leases. eek
As seen from the air, the speed and stamina of feral hogs is impressive.

I've wondered about that. I've heard that pigs can't sweat. How do they get rid of the heat generated by that exertion.
Originally Posted by websterparish47

I've wondered about that. I've heard that pigs can't sweat. How do they get rid of the heat generated by that exertion.

They have to have water. That’s why we have so many on our lease, big year round creek.
Originally Posted by websterparish47

You run 'em far enough in warm weather and they fall over dead.
Hogs and other critters here'bouts use the creeks as critter highways. Closer to a creek, the likelier you are to see a critter in the burbs & city.
At least the dad took on the pig. We've caught em too. Its not a big deal.

Personal responsibility. Kill em if they bother you. If not move on.

The fact that folks are afraid of pigs is what bothers me the most.....
Hell back in the days of the Huey, the NG was flyin’ some kinds drug intervention here in the neighborhood. Busted an old azz woman other side of Wilbarger creek for growing a garden full of okra!!! No schidt! Poor old azz woman was like older than dirt. Lived alone.

They became dubbed "The Okra Police"!

I remember reading about that.
I shot a big sow once that was with 7 piglets. The little ones got confused with mom being on the ground so they just ran in a circle. I got 6 out of the 7. #7 got away because I ran out of ammo with my 7mm Mag.

It was like a carnival game. smile

Just a question....

Then land owners couldn’t charge 300$ a day hunts😗
Some losing money on crops. Others making money selling hog hunts. Solution? Declare the hogs crop deprodaters (sp) and have the hunt sellers pay for neighbors damages.
Hey, one day it will be like Florida. Hogs, Black Bear, and Pythons, will force everyone to need a Big Bore pistol or 45/70 just to take the trash to the street.

You forgot the cougars also.
Originally Posted by gritsnfishin1

we have lots of cougars already.

21 year olds? grin
Originally Posted by EdM

21 year olds? grin

shes a kitten
Originally Posted by viking

Just a question....

Then land owners couldn’t charge 300$ a day hunts😗

Helicopter included ?
Originally Posted by HTDUCK

I'd like to know he he did that. It takes two hands to fly.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

I believe Barbarian Dan gave instructions on shooting an M16 at folks in rice paddies whilst piloting a helicopter in another thread just this week.
Originally Posted by TheKid

I believe Barbarian Dan gave instructions on shooting an M16 at folks in rice paddies whilst piloting a helicopter in another thread just this week.

One thing is sure.............if something needs done there are humans that will figure out how to do it.

DD seems like that type of human!

Geno
Free hogs, come to Texas!!!
50+ billlion a year - and no limit.

WTH are they requiring a hunting license? Pigs are an out-of-control vermin!
Originally Posted by mark shubert
50+ billlion a year - and no limit.

WTH are they requiring a hunting license? Pigs are an out-of-control vermin!

don't need a hunting license to kill them in tx.
Landowners in TX can kill them without a license for crop depredation. If your hunting them for sport or to harvest the meat, you’ll need a TX Hunting license. It would be like hunting exotics in TX. You don’t need a tag, but you still need a hunting license.
Originally Posted by TheKid

Most folks don’t have DD’s combat flying experience. I would imagine he’s the rare exception to the rule. If DD said he’s done it, I’ll damn sure take his word for it !
We bought our Lake House in South Alabama 4 years ago. The first year I shot 4 hogs...this last year 58...they're like frikken' kudzu...
Originally Posted by rainshot
They do aerial hog hunting in certain places during the winter here. There's an outfit in Bardwell that hunts but needs lots of acres to hunt. The farmers and ranchers go together and pay to have them clear the hogs out. They also take people up to hunt with them but at $1600 per person it isn't for the average guy. At least they were doing that in 2015 when we moved from that area. They sometimes get 1500 or more per hunt. They're so prolific it still doesn't make a dent in the populations.

There’s an outfitter north of the Ranch aways that does that in Stonewall and Kent counties. I think he charges $750 per hour and supplies the weapon and ammo at that price!
LOL!

Difference between cattle and hogs?

You just don’t lead em as much!

Cows that run are pigs!

Cows that don’t run are well disciplined pigs!

😆

LOL. Good one Bob!

Unfortunately, cows are too expensive to shoot right now. 🤠
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Landowners in TX can kill them without a license for crop depredation. If your hunting them for sport or to harvest the meat, you’ll need a TX Hunting license. It would be like hunting exotics in TX. You don’t need a tag, but you still need a hunting license.

well on the hog hunt coming up they said you don't need the license, but can't shoot anything else. the law was changed this yr no hunting license needed to kill hogs.
I know of one helicopter service charging a $400 deposit for possible clean up of heli. Seems some folks can’t cope with the flying and vomit. $400 may be too cheap. Choot em all. Like most vermin, once you have em, you got to em.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

well on the hog hunt coming up they said you don't need the license, but can't shoot anything else. the law was changed this yr no hunting license needed to kill hogs.

Haven’t heard about that change to the law yet Roger. I’d sure want to check with the Game Warden before you did something like that. If it’s not law yet, or if the outfitter just said that, I’d absolutely want to make sure. If he’s wrong, the cost of the ticket you might get would surely be more than the cost of a Resident Hunting License. Which I think is only $30 bucks or so ? I always buy a Super Combo for Fishing and Hunting.
It’s only $68 bucks.
Roger, looks like you are correct. I just looked it up on TX Parks & Wildlife Hunting Regulations Website:

https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdoor-annual/hunting/nongame-and-other-species

“Feral Hogs and Coyotes
Hunter Education requirements apply.
No hunting license is required to hunt feral hogs on private
property with landowner authorization.

A resident or non-resident hunting license is not required to hunt depredating coyotes on private property with landowner authorization.
Transportation and release of live feral hogs is unlawful, unless in compliance with Texas Animal Health Commission (TAHC) regulations. The TAHC regulates the movement of feral swine for disease-control purposes. For more information please call TAHC at (800) 550-8242 or visit the Texas Animal Health Commission website.”

Looks like it only applies if your on private property with the landowner’s permission.

Figured you had to do that anyway, what with all the 2-legged vermin around.
Damn pigs, what are we gonna do??????
Originally Posted by hanco
Damn pigs, what are we gonna do??????
BBQ
© 24hourcampfire