Home
Posted By: Mannlicher Training who for what? - 02/13/20
For the past few days, and right now, an old Huey helicopter painted dull yellow, the engines painted red, has been circling Biscayne Bay between I 195 and the 79th street causeway here in Miami. It then swoops low, just above the water, and two or three divers jump out.
The helicopter then leaves, circles a few times, and then flys low, hovers and retrieves the divers. Then repeats a few more times.
Posted By: Borchardt Re: Training who for what? - 02/13/20
Nadler and Schiff for brains training to do assault on Mar-a-Lago to gather evidence for Impeachathon.
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Nadler and Schiff for brains training to do assault on Mar-a-Lago to gather evidence for Impeachathon.

LOL

Schitt For Brains Schiff would sink straight to the bottom from all the rocks in his head. Nadler would beach like a bloated dead whale.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Training who for what? - 02/13/20
Sounds like they're training for jumping out of a helicopter into the water, followed by retrieval.
Posted By: horse1 Re: Training who for what? - 02/13/20
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Nadler would beach like a bloated dead whale.

If by some miracle of physics he became fully submerged, I wonder how big the flippers would have to be to keep him under? The ballast belt/vest would certainly be impressive.

Originally Posted by smokepole
Sounds like they're training for jumping out of a helicopter into the water, followed by retrieval.

#Baywatch?
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Training who for what? - 02/13/20
The BP is still using Huey's (albeit being phased out).

Maybe they are training how to jump on wetback's heads while their swimming.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Training who for what? - 02/13/20

Insightful!
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: Training who for what? - 02/13/20
Probably Coast Guard swimmers training.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Training who for what? - 02/13/20

Laughing, yeah, well duh. It’s not an agency, the’ copter is old and unmarked. I just find this an odd thing.
Training who for what?
Posted By: smokepole Re: Training who for what? - 02/13/20
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Insightful!

Nothing gets by me.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Training who for what? - 02/13/20
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
For the past few days, and right now, an old Huey helicopter painted dull yellow, the engines painted red, has been circling Biscayne Bay between I 195 and the 79th street causeway here in Miami. It then swoops low, just above the water, and two or three divers jump out.
The helicopter then leaves, circles a few times, and then flys low, hovers and retrieves the divers. Then repeats a few more times.

You’re just paranoid.

Posted By: gunner500 Re: Training who for what? - 02/13/20
................................continued BS waste of tax payer dollars, spend it or we cant get a match next year! crazy
Posted By: joken2 Re: Training who for what? - 02/13/20

No idea why the old Huey and paint scheme but maybe it's a repeat of this from back in 2011?

Coast Guard and NOAA conduct diver emergency training

Well that could explain the weirdly painted helicopter, if it were NOAA. There they have a presence here in Miami. In each case I could observe, the divers jumped separately, and were retrieved separately. This was happening about a quarter mile from my condo building. With the binoculars, I had a good view. Not good cough to read the tail numbers on the helicopter though.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Training who for what? - 02/13/20
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't watching you. laugh
Posted By: Capt_Craig Re: Training who for what? - 02/13/20
Sam,
The Canadian military uses helicopters with those colors to do search and rescue missions (CH 146 Griffons), as do a number of other countries. Might be some snowbirds down here participating in some SAR training. I was over that way today for the boat show, but didn’t notice the helicopter. Another thought might be a private company or SAR group doing some product or training demonstration going along with the boat show. If I see the copter I’ll try to get some info on it.

At least it’s not a black helicopter. 😉
Capt, it was an old ‘copter, but fully rigged for SAR. Lights, winch, and very well handled. I noted that his hover attitude kept the spray away from the folks in the water. Very rapid extractions as well. Impressive to watch, but I have no clue as to what entity was involved.

Edit: Capt, you have identified the helicopter. I thought it was a Huey, and it kinda is. Mystery solved. Thanks.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Training who for what? - 02/13/20
It's Miami Dade certifying their dive guys for chopper jumps.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Training who for what? - 02/13/20
Mannlicher: Paranoia is NOT good for ones soul!
It'll be alright.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Training who for what? - 02/14/20
Originally Posted by local_dirt

It is definitely a Canadian helicopter
Posted By: smarquez Re: Training who for what? - 02/14/20

It is definitely a Canadian helicopter

Canadian marked? I don't think Canada has it's own copter. Is it French made?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Training who for what? - 02/14/20
Aren't there a few Great Lakes between here and Canada where they could conduct the same training?

Seems like a long way to schlep a chopper, several divers, and all that equipment just to make sure the divers get some salt water up their snout. Lol. smile
Aren't there a few Great Lakes between here and Canada where they could conduct the same training?

Seems like a long way to schlep a chopper, several divers, and all that equipment just to make sure the divers get some salt water up their snout. Lol. smile

Those lakes might be a little cold right now.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

It's 2412.77 nautical miles from the Canadian border to Miami. lol.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Training who for what? - 02/14/20
Helocasting.
Posted By: las Re: Training who for what? - 02/14/20

It ain't good if you bounce/splat hitting the "water". 'Tis the season for training, not so much for implementing that training up north.
Posted By: reivertom Re: Training who for what? - 02/14/20
I'll take a wild guess here and say they just might be training for a water rescue......I know, it's a stretch.....
Originally Posted by las

It ain't good if you bounce/splat hitting the "water". 'Tis the season for training, not so much for implementing that training up north.

I say again:

Posted By: johnw Re: Training who for what? - 02/15/20
Originally Posted by Capt_Craig
Sam,
The Canadian military uses helicopters with those colors to do search and rescue missions (CH 146 Griffons), as do a number of other countries. Might be some snowbirds down here participating in some SAR training. I was over that way today for the boat show, but didn’t notice the helicopter. Another thought might be a private company or SAR group doing some product or training demonstration going along with the boat show. If I see the copter I’ll try to get some info on it.

At least it’s not a black helicopter. 😉

???
[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]
Posted By: Barryt Re: Training who for what? - 02/15/20
Kinda hard to do up here in Canada right now, ........jumping out of a chopper would only get you a "splat!" instead of a "splash"! we have hard water up here right now!!
© 24hourcampfire