Home
Went to join Planet Fitness this afternoon .

Was handed an I-pad info. needed - name, address, date of birth, home phone, cell phone, bank account routing number, account number, bank card number , expiration date, 3 digit CVC card verification number, Email , employer , 2 emergency contact names numbers,

I had to agree to all the terms but never heard or saw the terms or i couldn't precede .

Erased bank info. , email , and fake phone number i gave them handed fat girl the I-pad - told her it was too intrusive .

Asked if I could just pay in full for a one year membership -NO .

Asked how can I join without giving bank info. ? YOU CAN'T .

Three more things they'd have 100% of my information SS# , fingerprint , mugshot . LAF .

Some fishychitt going on with an operation like that - makes zero sense .

And the SPECIAL OFFER came out to 4X'$ what the Ad stated . .

Looked around while sitting there in amazement that all these man-bun boys and girls dole this info. out freely . And people wonder how their credit and banking gets ripped off .

Where I sat with the I-pad [interrogation-pad] was 6 tables w/4chairs each table - over half the seats contained man-buns/honeybuns looking at their phones - appearing to be trying to lay down in the small aluminum chair .

Flarduh -yeah- FunnyChitt i tell ya...
Ok.
I joined Planet Fatness a few years ago and they just let me in.
Back to your recliner and bag of 'tato chips!

-Jake
Ol mike: They sell yourshit!
I recently received a summons for jury duty and refused to give those sons of bitches and daughters of whores at the district court my home phone number, cell phone number and my E-mail address!
His honor was miffed but I stood fast.
DO NOT give YOUR social security number or contact information to ANYONE!
PERIOD!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
In all seriousness. I had the same issue with them.

Talk to a manager, they will set it up for you and let you pay by cash/check. At least you did when I was using it.

-Jake
I've been a Gold's Gym member for years, can't recall 'em asking for all of that. All they got on me is a credit card that has pretty good fraud protection.
No way would I give that amount of personal data.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I've been a Gold's Gym member for years, can't recall 'em asking for all of that. All they got on me is a credit card that has pretty good fraud protection.

I'm a Gold member now - membership expires soon . Planet is a 1/4 - 1/3 mile from me and cheaper [i thought] - Golds is 4 miles .
Golds has never turned down a check for a years membership VarmintGuy is likely right - they're doing something with all that information they insist on getting .

Bocajnala , piss on that place - didn't like what i saw in there anyway .
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Was handed an I-pad info. needed - name, address, date of birth, home phone, cell phone, bank account routing number, account number, bank card number , expiration date, 3 digit CVC card verification number, Email , employer , 2 emergency contact names numbers,

I had to agree to all the terms but never heard or saw the terms or i couldn't precede .

Erased bank info. , email , and fake phone number i gave them handed fat girl the I-pad - told her it was too intrusive .

Three more things they'd have 100% of my information SS# , fingerprint , mugshot . LAF .

Looked around while sitting there in amazement that all these man-bun boys and girls dole this info. out freely . And people wonder how their credit and banking gets ripped off .

Where I sat with the I-pad [interrogation-pad] was 6 tables w/4chairs each table - over half the seats contained man-buns/honeybuns looking at their phones - appearing to be trying to lay down in the small aluminum chair .

I experienced the same thing a few years ago and also offered cash in advance which they refused.
Told them I was the wrong demographic, they were looking for indoctrinated retards from their own generation.
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter

I experienced the same thing a few years ago and also offered cash in advance which they refused.
Told them I was the wrong demographic, they were looking for indoctrinated retards from their own generation.

HAHAAHAA laugh
Originally Posted by rlott

shocked

They have plenty of members and more joining all the time. laugh laugh
Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by rlott

shocked

They have plenty of members and more joining all the time. laugh laugh

Don't be a dik .
I've belonged to Planet Fitness for three years, don't remember having to give all that info. Membership is $10.00/month deducted from my bank account. Don't believe they offer other than the monthly membership.
Everybody wants all your info so they can sell it.
They want your soul!
I work at a gym and we ask for almost the same amount of info. The reason they ask for all of it and a social is so the gym can collect the money owed if you default on payment. I'm sure a lot of the larger franchises sell personal info though. We will allow people to pay in full or go month to month without providing a SSN. The planet fitness near us only takes bank account info and will not take c/c's. Credit card #'s change all the time, most people bank account #'s don't so it's easier for them to collect the monthly dues.
ol Mike....without getting into too many details....learn to live in today's world or punch out, buddy. I don't know about you, but I'll be 72 in June... still work a full-time, real job (not a Walmart greeter or some such)...this digital world is not that hard, the fuggin snowlflakes get by... adapt or die...
It's the 21st century. Virtually all of my bills and all of my income from 3 different sources are automatically deposited or drafted from my checking account. My federal taxes will be automatically drafted on 4/15/20, and my state tax refund will be deposited any day now. Lots of people have access to your stuff already.

FWIW my wife and I both joined PF yesterday too. The gym we've been using is costing us about $300/year each. I've been writing a check once/year. Now we're paying $10/month for each of us automatically drafted from my bank account on the 17th of each month. I CAN pay cash each month if i bring it in by the 10th, but I'll just let them hit my checking account. It is a lot easier for them to be able to deduct from your bank each month than have to deal with collecting monthly payments from every member. In order to get in for $10/month they have to cut expenses somewhere. I'm sure you can find a gym that will let you pay yearly, but expect to pay 2X or 3X as much.
We road trip a lot and I will use a gym probably 1/week. I have never been refused cash payment for a "guest membership" for a day or a month. Crossfit Boxes will welcome you w/ open arms. If you have room in your house investigate the efficiency of a home gym. We have a treadmill, elliptical and a bike as well as free weights, kettlebells and rings. Privacy issues are important and I would guess that the manager in charge of the bottom line will accept cash, check or money order.

Hint, get a Nordic Track treadmill and a few kettlebells and become a monster.grin

mike r
Originally Posted by gunswizard
I've belonged to Planet Fitness for three years, don't remember having to give all that info. Membership is $10.00/month deducted from my bank account. Don't believe they offer other than the monthly membership.

To deduct from your bank account they need a routing number or authorization for a reoccurring "ACH" transfer, similar to direct deposit. (Usually requires a cancelled check to set up, which has the routing number on it....

Likewise Sirius/XM offers low rates but will not take a one time payment for the best deals...

Either they sell your info, or get better credit terms if they can show recurring revenue.(card on file with pre authorization)

Ever hear the stories about trying to quit Bally's fitness? Sometimes it's cheaper (in terms off hassle) to buy a welder and build your own equipment. Or go Rocky III style and lift logs....
I was a Planet fitness member for years. Zero problems.
I'm a member at a small town gym owned by the local hospital. Pay by the month, by check. Didn't have to give near that kind of information, but then most of the big wigs know me from our school days.
I would guess that 95% of businesses sell your info when they have the opportunity. Everything with the customer loyalty numbers, discount points, etc, is geared toward collecting, analyzing and selling your information so they can sell / up-sell you more stuff...
Originally Posted by gunswizard

How can they deduct from your bank account if you didn't give them your bank information?
Never set foot in a gym in my life. Run near my house or in the mountains 2-3x a week. Lift weights in the comfort of my own home 3x a week. Bought all my weight crap on craigslist cheap. Only guy in better shape than me at work is a competitive bodybuilder that has won shows. But he uses "stuff" to get like he is.

Point being, gyms not necessary, as LVMIKER said.

I wouldn't mind the eye candy a gym has to offer tho... grin
Boomers are funny, stay home in your chair eating chips and screaming at Fox News.
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

PERIOD!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I echo that first sentence..
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

Likewise Sirius/XM offers low rates but will not take a one time payment for the best deals......
Well, sometimes they do... It's how my wife pays for her SiriusXM service after she negotiates for the next year.. Usually gets it by 50% or better off.. Sends a check. Done.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

grin
Originally Posted by lvmiker

Hint, get a Nordic Track treadmill and a few kettlebells and become a monster.grin

mike r

And/Or get a couple of 4x4 posts and a piece of pipe from Home Depot and build yourself a pull up bar setup out in the yard somewhere. Then get some "resistance bands" aka giant rubber bands from Amazon. I gotta do the latter because I have allowed myself to become too out of shape at this point to do a pull up and need the giant rubber bands to help me out. I quit working out about 7 years ago due to injury and am back on the ground floor.

I learned from my days of going to the gym that guys with big guts can lay on their backs and bench press a lot of weight.....but can't do a pull up.....and guys who can do a few pull ups don't have fat guts.

CAUTION! In the unlikely event that anyone tries this.....you need to work into it carefully or you will eff up your elbows with tendonitis. That is where the giant rubber bands come in again.

This is gonna be my strategery.
planest fitness has a bunch of employees that are dumb

I'm doing a project away from home and just joined a planet fitness as a guest - paid for 3 months - $30 with my debit card and a phone number - no forms to fill out, none of that stuff.

They gave me an access card and when the time expires, the card won't scan any more.

Do NOT give the SSN, actually I belive it's illegal to require it when you aren't the government. As for requiring bank accounts, thta's the way things work now adays, it's more reliable for them to get auto-transfers than checks or cash.
The Planet Fitness business model depends on vast amounts of people signing up for the auto-draft option at the low $10 monthly fee. Why? Because most people, even if they aren't actively going to the gym, won't cancel it if it's just $10 a month. For their $10, they have the option to start "going back to the gym" at any time they choose. For every 100 people that join a PF branch, I bet less than 20 attend regularly for any length of time. But those other 80 are likely to let that $10 auto-draft keep rolling. It is good for those members who choose to come regularly, as they get a real bargain.

BTW, the local PF branch here allows you to pay monthly with no contract for a medium-ish rate, pay with a year-long auto-draft contract for the best rate, or pay for the whole year up front for a pretty decent rate.
Yeah every spring 'bikini season' we get a laugh at all the new members who're ''gonna get myself in shape'' .
One day they're there next day they're gone .
They never asked for my SS# ...

Let's see, you are in business and take CC's

Name: check
Address: check
CC number, with bank verification, expiration date, CVC number: check
You want to be able to contact your customer in case of questions: address, phone and e-mail: check
Your are running a gym for example: Your customer has a heart attack: emergency contact numbers would be something most are willing to supply.

You have SS, other insurance, a credit card, electricity, sewage, water, etc . It's already all out there and there are those willing to pay to have it. But you go on and think you are protecting your private info.

Why do you think you get phishing e-mails and phone calls?

And you were surprised you entered a modern day, full on exercise establishment and saw a man bun or two? Amazing and seriously funny chit!!!!

Yup, they can FO wanting that much info, same thing I told nice old hygienist lady at the dentist office the other day when she wanted to take my blood pressure, I have a doc for that, this is being too damn nosey and intrusive, plus, I don't need to hear the dentist whining at me about my smokeless tobacco later either, she smiled and put her cuff? up I never heard a word about my Cope after cleaning/check up this time.
It sucks this time of year with all the new year resolution people - but they'll be gone by end of March

I go around 8:30 at night and I don't have to wait for any machine.
Originally Posted by gunner500
Yup, they can FO wanting that much info, same thing I told nice old hygienist lady at the dentist office the other day when she wanted to take my blood pressure, I have a doc for that, this is being too damn nosey and intrusive, plus, I don't need to hear the dentist whining at me about my smokeless tobacco later either, she smiled and put her cuff? up I never heard a word about my Cope after cleaning/check up this time.

A Dentists office is staffed by health care professionals. As such and the fact many are walking around with unrecognized BP issues, by asking they are doing nothing more than possibly giving someone advance warning of other possible serious health issues. In addition, if at sometime you need anesthesia, a responsible dentist will not put you under without it. If for nothing more than malpractice issues. In fact, while you are under, everyone in the room will know what it is on a second by second reading.

But hey, it's your BP. Put in a dip, sit back and feel secure you kept it from that the nice old hygienist lady.

The old folks boogie is a hooooot......
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

PERIOD!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I echo that first sentence..

i'll go along with the SS number. However, how do you get a repair or barrel job back to the customer without their contact info? How do they send it to you without yours? How do I know I can trust you with all my contact info? You punch my guns serial numbers into some book the BATF can retrieve at a later date?
Originally Posted by battue

A Dentists office is staffed by health care professionals. As such and the fact many are walking around with unrecognized BP issues, by asking they are doing nothing more than possibly giving someone advance warning of other possible serious health issues. In addition, if at sometime you need anesthesia, a responsible dentist will not put you under without it. If for nothing more than malpractice issues. In fact, while you are under, everyone in the room will know what it is on a second by second reading.

But hey, it's your BP. Put in a dip, sit back and feel secure you kept it from that the nice old hygienist lady.

The old folks boogie is a hooooot......

They just recently started that practice, lipstick that pig all you want, your advice works well for an 80 year old.
There is a reason they recently started doing so, and the reasons are what I mentioned. Dentists are health care professionals, they operate, yes operate, on your mouth. They don't deal in lipstick. They often cause bleeding, and as such their patients past and current BP is relevant to their practice. Any medications their patients are on is relevant. Especially those related to bleeding and why they ask for a medication listing. You are acting like some of them. Not all, but some..

Addition: None below 80 YO's have BP issues? None below 80 have unnoticed heart issues that may be reveled by their BP?
There are places to live if one wants to avoid having others know their numbers.

Most of them are in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Somali anyone????

Post on here with your home computer? Someone knows exactly where you are sitting...Next to a window or walk outside? The eye in the sky can take your picture....
Wasn't it Planet Fitness that decided they were woke and you could use any locker room you wanted, regardless of whats between your legs?

Your customer has a heart attack: emergency contact numbers would be something most are willing to supply.

In that case the only contact number they should be interested in calling is: 911
Planet Fatness DOES have pizza though...

Let's see, you are in business and take CC's

Name: check
Address: check
CC number, with bank verification, expiration date, CVC number: check
You want to be able to contact your customer in case of questions: address, phone and e-mail: check
Your are running a gym for example: Your customer has a heart attack: emergency contact numbers would be something most are willing to supply.

You have SS, other insurance, a credit card, electricity, sewage, water, etc . It's already all out there and there are those willing to pay to have it. But you go on and think you are protecting your private info.

Why do you think you get phishing e-mails and phone calls?

And you were surprised you entered a modern day, full on exercise establishment and saw a man bun or two? Amazing and seriously funny chit!!!!

If someone decides they don't want to dole out all of their banking details that's up to them .
A business is for making money - turning a profit IMO , if someone wants to pay cash/check/cc/money order /etc. - i'll except their money .
I've never been asked by power company/water/sewer/cable or any other utility company for bank account numbers . I don't think i use my SS# on 4473 form although i'll repeat PF didn't ask for my SS# . .
There comes a time when asking for personal info. when they could just take a check or cash and stay out of my business , that point was PF yesterday .
Go right ahead and hand yours out all you want - very progressive of you to join into -modern times- LAF you're totally mod man .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went into an office supply place a while back picked up a ink cartridge went to counter with cash . You want to put that on your store card -NO- just pay cash , ok what's your email - gave her some extremely long BS email then a fake phone number . She finally figured out both were BS she said will you stop wasting my time - i said no you're wasting my time . She told me it was for my receipt if i wanted a receipt she needed the info. - i said if the cartridge doesn't work i'll bring it back- lay it on the counter get another and walk out the door . As the door closed behind me .
Originally Posted by benchman
Planet Fatness DOES have pizza though...

There was a 2 gallon pretty painted bucket on the counter full of Tootsie Rolls - yes serious . And to look at the man-buns & honeybuns girls in there they must go through a lot of them . LAF...
Originally Posted by RJL53

Your customer has a heart attack: emergency contact numbers would be something most are willing to supply.

In that case the only contact number they should be interested in calling is: 911

Noooo!!!! That would be the first, however they have that. Then maybe the form should ask for unauthorized permission to call 911? "Damn it, stick your tongue back in and give me a yes or no." Only to ensure ones privacy is protected. Ehhhh?

However, most would want family members informed. While those contact numbers will be asked for it would be nothing more than a formality. One will not be refused, if one answered in the negative. It would be noted denied and the application processed.
i
Went into an office supply place a while back picked up a ink cartridge went to counter with cash . You want to put that on your store card -NO- just pay cash , ok what's your email - gave her some extremely long BS email then a fake phone number . She finally figured out both were BS she said will you stop wasting my time - i said no you're wasting my time . She told me it was for my receipt if i wanted a receipt she needed the info. - i said if the cartridge doesn't work i'll bring it back- lay it on the counter get another and walk out the door . As the door closed behind me .

Woopee, another bad ass campfire member, you bought an ink cartridge and paid with cash. And you are full of [bleep]. You pay cash for an ink cartridge you don't have to write anything down. Real or fake. Buy a car or house and sometime in the process your bad ass will cough up info.....Over and out, you are now wasting mine.

i

Another bad ass campfire member, you bought an ink cartridge and paid with cash. And you are full of [bleep]. You pay cash, you don't have to write anything down. Real or fake.....Over and out, you are now wasting mine.

Are you drunk or just stupid ?
Where did i say i had to write something down ?
It's common for stores to ask ''do you want to put that on your XYZ card'' even though you have visable cash in hand . Asking that is an intro to getting you to get a charge card for that business be it lowes depot clothing stores gas stations .

Where are you from ?
Originally Posted by slumlord
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

grin

You just got yourself 7 full day suspension on my IGNORE LIST Mister ! ! ! smile

I remember that old Carvey skit - funny stuff .

Ok, my mistake. But you still submitted to her request for info..info you didn't have to give. Fake or real, which was the point..Genius...

By now for real....Einstein.....
i

Woopee, another bad ass campfire member, you bought an ink cartridge and paid with cash. And you are full of [bleep]. You pay cash for an ink cartridge you don't have to write anything down. Real or fake. Buy a car or house and sometime in the process your bad ass will cough up info.....Over and out, you are now wasting mine.

Yes, there are plenty here, and most of our blood pressure is fine until we must endure another old liberal yankee trying to tell us exactly what we NEED and DONT need to be doing.

Ok, my mistake. But you still submitted to her request for info..info you didn't have to give. Fake or real, which was the point..Genius...

By now for real....Einstein.....

No dumbass - i was purposely wasting her time since she wasted mine .

Stop posting and you'll be able to stop saying ''my mistake'' smile
I was born in 1947 and have noticed that things have changed a little in the past 73 years. Some of those things are better, some worse. Unless you live in a cave and shop at underground swap meets you will be forced to encounter the realities of life in 2020. Having a clerk who actually gets up in the morning and goes to work ask me the questions that she is instructed to do does not raise my blood pressure nor does a blood pressure check at the dentist.

Get out of bed in the morning with a positive mental attitude and the annoying vagaries of modern life get put in the very small space they deserve. As far as personal privacy issues are concerned, be aware and cautious while realizing that privacy is a thing of the past, simple fact, live w/ it or let it ruin your day.

Or take your rifle to the deep wood and live off the landgrin

mike r
They never asked for my SS# ...

You, myself & a couple of others know that, but like most threads, 3/4 of the people do not read, or can not comprehend, exactly what you wrote, before launching their halfassed views &/or opinions !

I would have boogied out of there too.
i

Yes, there are plenty here, and most of our blood pressure is fine until we must endure another old liberal yankee trying to tell us exactly what we NEED and DONT need to be doing.

You are still in the game gunner. I just love the "old liberal yankee" line. Another example of how you are clueless and incapable of an original comeback.

Anyway, I wish you Oklahoma people would stop sucking off the government tit when it comes to health care. So few of you, around 4million, and you suck out 4.4Billion in health care alone. Maybe you all should join a gym....

"Human services is by far the largest grant category both nationwide and in Oklahoma, at $4.4 billion. These grants are designed to ensure that Americans have access to health and nutrition needs and a large range of services meeting special needs of parts of the population. Most of these grants go to state agencies, which then distribute funding to eligible Oklahomans or to those who provide service to them. The Medicaid health program for low-income populations is the largest grant ($3.1 billion). This program is administered by the Oklahoma Health Care Authority. Most of the money goes to doctors, hospitals, nursing homes, and other health care providers. The other large human services grants are:"

How about farm subsidies?????
Yeah every spring 'bikini season' we get a laugh at all the new members who're ''gonna get myself in shape'' .
One day they're there next day they're gone .

My bikini fits fine just the way I am. Don't need no damn Gym. smile

I refused to join them for the same reason. I agreed to pay cash, they would not allow it.
In more than a few years going to the gym, Old Yankee, that I am, I've watched more than a few get fatter by the year.

Looked around while sitting there in amazement that all these man-bun boys

Don't forget the ones that wear tights under their shorts.

mike r

That reminds me of a thread a few years ago about a poster who hiked the Grand Canyon while carrying kettlebells.
I was born in 1947 and have noticed that things have changed a little in the past 73 years. Some of those things are better, some worse. Unless you live in a cave and shop at underground swap meets you will be forced to encounter the realities of life in 2020. Having a clerk who actually gets up in the morning and goes to work ask me the questions that she is instructed to do does not raise my blood pressure nor does a blood pressure check at the dentist.

Get out of bed in the morning with a positive mental attitude and the annoying vagaries of modern life get put in the very small space they deserve. As far as personal privacy issues are concerned, be aware and cautious while realizing that privacy is a thing of the past, simple fact, live w/ it or let it ruin your day.

mike r

Well said. I would add, that you are likely on camera, like it or not, dozens of times every single day.
Originally Posted by kellory
[
Well said. I would add, that you are likely on camera, like it or not, dozens of times every single day.

What is going on behind your computer. where is it going and to whom when they want it? They already know where it originates, key words send out flags and If one thinks the capability to take a picture while you type isn't there you are naive. Not saying they are taking pics, but they can if they ever decide to include the capability. Even with only the first two, they can quickly get the third and from there they can get it all. Your BP numbers don't even make the list of what they look at.

mike r

LOL Mike, anyone can see a well designed, very telegraphed sucker punch coming, meaning, the dentist is in bed with the doctor. who is in bed with the pharmacy. who is in bed with the insurance companies, they all will NEVER pass an opportunity to fu-k you hard, well, and often, anyone of them sniff out a problem, the rest are notified, and it's going to COST you, of course we need them, docs and drugs can be lifesaving, the population may be less half today without them, BUT, we can and will provide you treatment and life as long as you have insurance or can can afford it. crazy

I've not had any problems from any, but have heard financial wrecking horror stories, from something as accidental as a child getting snake bit, they, like banks and ins co's sending you chit in the mail daily have become to intrusive and nosey.

The 5 or 6 banks I deal with, send me statements each month, leave me alone, insurance co's, send me my damn bill once a year, leave me alone! they could all take a lesson from the electricity company. grin

And, your last line may become a reality for all of us someday ; ]
i

You are still in the game gunner. I just love the "old liberal yankee" line. Another example of how you are clueless and incapable of an original comeback.

Anyway, I wish you Oklahoma people would stop sucking off the government tit when it comes to health care. So few of you, around 4million, and you suck out 4.4Billion in health care alone. Maybe you all should join a gym....

"Human services is by far the largest grant category both nationwide and in Oklahoma, at $4.4 billion. These grants are designed to ensure that Americans have access to health and nutrition needs and a large range of services meeting special needs of parts of the population. Most of these grants go to state agencies, which then distribute funding to eligible Oklahomans or to those who provide service to them. The Medicaid health program for low-income populations is the largest grant ($3.1 billion). This program is administered by the Oklahoma Health Care Authority. Most of the money goes to doctors, hospitals, nursing homes, and other health care providers. The other large human services grants are:"

You poor old pitiful liberals remain a hoot, guess I hit an exposed nerve causing you to run out and retrieve information about my state, you sound like another used to be pecker head from up your way that loved slamming the South, bless your heart.

The last year I worked hard was '06, I sent in 225K
Sent in 80K last year on idle
Maybe my taxes are offsetting some of the lard asses here in Oklahoma, not my problem, none of my business.

Subsidies? never took or ask for them, I farm for a hobby, it's not the real job I worked for 30 years, plus, it's not the tax payers responsibility to pay for something I'm too stupid to run without help, I absorb all costs and/or profits.

Tell ya what gramps, you just keep swillin' that prune juice, rocking that "just for men," and cruising chicks 60 years you jr. at the club, they probably get a chuckle from your efforts, as do I.

ps, hope you got some last night

mike r

LOL Mike, anyone can see a well designed, very telegraphed sucker punch coming, meaning, the dentist is in bed with the doctor. who is in bed with the pharmacy. who is in bed with the insurance companies, they all will NEVER pass an opportunity to fu-k you hard, well, and often, anyone of them sniff out a problem, the rest are notified, and it's going to COST you, of course we need them, docs and drugs can be lifesaving, the population may be less half today without them, BUT, we can and will provide you treatment and life as long as you have insurance or can can afford it. crazy

I've not had any problems from any, but have heard financial wrecking horror stories, from something as accidental as a child getting snake bit, they, like banks and ins co's sending you chit in the mail daily have become to intrusive and nosey.

The 5 or 6 banks I deal with, send me statements each month, leave me alone, insurance co's, send me my damn bill once a year, leave me alone! they could all take a lesson from the electricity company. grin

And, your last line may become a reality for all of us someday ; ]

Why you old Liberal Oklahomian!!!! Sounds like you were a vote for Obama Care. Almost word for word out of his playbook....The truth comes out. Now go check your BP!!!!

In addition after seeing your other post:

I never questioned what you made. Never said you took farm subsidies. What are you worried about? And you considering yourself a Southern boy is hilaruious. Now, your Obama care Act did go South, so you do have that. Embrace it for what that is worth. Odd also that you would be concerned about my sex life. Very odd.....Is that an Okie thing.....however, most definitely liberal, they like to stick their nose in others private life....

Bragging about pulling in-excuse me, make that sending in-225K when working and 80K on idle and fretting about health care. Obama thought the same. Bernie must surely be in your thoughts....

And it keeps adding up. You trying to make fun of my age and all. Another extreme liberal doctrine of if you get old, you should die and not be a burden on the rest of us....

But, I'll give you a tip. Better than even chance you cant keep up....

The first month I joined PF they started double deducting from my bank account and kept doing it for a few months. The manager was apologetic, got it fixed, and gave me a free month but it did let me know the hazard of letting them do direct withdrawals. I guess writing a check is kind of the same thing but it does feel safer.
Go outside and do stuff ya lazy POS

Gyms. Phhppt.
One of the ways those gyms maintain their low rates is they don't have to worry about billing and collections.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
One of the ways those gyms maintain their low rates is they don't have to worry about billing and collections.

The ones here are right in the heart of major square foot rental costs, and it takes some big enrollment numbers to make a profit at $10 per month.
The best way I have found for getting them to stop asking me to set up direct withdrawal for payment is to ask them for their company's bank routing numbers and I will deposit into their account for them.

They don't like to give out that info for some reason.

Geno
Last I checked, the fellas in the joint get pretty beefed up and they don't have no Planet Fitness equipment.

That reminds me, time to go sit on the stationary bike and rotate some pedals. Cost me a whole $20 and that went to the dog rescue place as that's where I ran across the person selling it. Cleaning out mom's estate and they were going to donate it anyway.

Geno
I see gyms as necessary in the way they were in the day, where people after specialised results( say bodybuilding or whatever) need the range of specialised and expensive equipment.

People going to these flashy new lifestyle gyms just to lose weight nowadays are basically saying I can't get off my ass or control my eating and need someone to transfer their overhead business costs to me whilst I still have to get off my ass and learn to control my eating myself anyway.

My advice for low level gym use is stay at home and occasionally: Walk. Run. Jump Rope. Hike. Pedal a bike. buy second hand weights. Or even lift a 20lb rock in your garden up and down. You put ten dollars in your pocket every workout and I guarantee that ten dollars will still be right there at the end. Its real mandrake the magician level stuff. Especially for millenials- how to get results without losing money.
KarlSG,

Folks my age can join and the insurance pays for it. We get to meet new friends.
Ringman, cant argue with the social aspect.
see em allover whaddya do in there

some kinda outer space thing
i

You poor old pitiful liberals remain a hoot, guess I hit an exposed nerve causing you to run out and retrieve information about my state, you sound like another used to be pecker head from up your way that loved slamming the South, bless your heart.

The last year I worked hard was '06, I sent in 225K
Sent in 80K last year on idle
Maybe my taxes are offsetting some of the lard asses here in Oklahoma, not my problem, none of my business.

Subsidies? never took or ask for them, I farm for a hobby, it's not the real job I worked for 30 years, plus, it's not the tax payers responsibility to pay for something I'm too stupid to run without help, I absorb all costs and/or profits.

Tell ya what gramps, you just keep swillin' that prune juice, rocking that "just for men," and cruising chicks 60 years you jr. at the club, they probably get a chuckle from your efforts, as do I.

ps, hope you got some last night

gunner, laughing. You made my morning. Dealing with a bank on a refi right now whose name relates to "pursue". I only deal with them when I have to. Never go looking for cash-outs. They can't tax you on equity, unless of course you're behind enemy lines in NY when you die. Thankfully, this time wasn't painful because I knew exactly what to expect and how to deal with it.

Ya know, it's a funny thing. If Bernie does ever get elected (at maybe 112 yo), those Bernie Bro liberals are gonna actually have to do something he's never even done - get a job. Because when it all shakes out, his endless freebees wouldn't sink a good kayak.
© 24hourcampfire