Home
Posted By: T_O_M coronavirus story .. squashed? - 02/19/20
I've been watching the coronavirus page John Hopkins university maintains.

A couple days ago it showed 15 people in the US confirmed. Yesterday that was 29. There was a story about 14 people from the Diamond Princess cruise ship who had initially been symptom-free being flown to the US mainland to complete their quarantine time. According to the story, they were transferred to a facility near Kansas City, MO.

Today the John Hopkins page shows 15 in the US and I can find no reference to those other 14 transferred to KC in the news articles. Some mention of part of them being sent to Travis AFB but that was not their final stop as of yesterday. For some reason, the story seems to have been squashed.

Something smells wrong. For the first time, I'm actually a bit concerned because it looks like our government is covering up parts of the story.
Here's an article about one of them. He lives in a town 12 miles from me. He's at Travis. I don't know him personally but I recognize him from his place of work where we shop regularly.

FAIRFIELD, Calif. — A Buhl man has swapped his quarantined room on a Princess Cruise ship for a quarantined room at the Travis Air Force Base Inn.

Tim Pond, who left in January for a two-week cruise to Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Vietnam, has spent the past two weeks under quarantine in Tokyo Bay with 4,000 others on the Diamond Princess.

On Sunday, U.S. authorities evacuated 300 Americans from the cruise ship and sent them to the California airbase. The travelers will be quarantined for another two weeks, Pond said.

After the 9½-hour flight, passengers were assigned rooms at the airbase hotel. Pond’s room has a balcony where he can walk 20 steps in one direction, he said.

He joked with others Monday on Facebook about the possibility of him getting lost in his new hotel room compared with his tiny cabin on the cruise ship.

After several days, those quarantined might be allowed outside.

“The first 2 days we’re confined to quarters,” Pond said. “I think after that we’ll be allowed limited walks outdoors but it will still be 6 feet away from anyone else to avoid close contact.”

At least 355 passengers on the Diamond Princess have contracted the coronavirus and 14 of the evacuees airlifted to the U.S. have tested positive for the disease, according to reports.

Now that he is back in the U.S., Pond says he is getting more anxious about returning home. His parents are taking care of his dog, Skye, and his job at WinCo Foods is waiting for him.
What about the bitches that lied so they could fly, and tested positive, y’all see that story?
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
What about the bitches that lied so they could fly, and tested positive, y’all see that story?
If anyone gets sick because of them, they should be charged with assault, then murder if the person dies. Of course proving anything could be a trick.
Theres thousands quarantined in the usa. THOUSANDS
Originally Posted by T_O_M
I've been watching the coronavirus page John Hopkins university maintains.

A couple days ago it showed 15 people in the US confirmed. Yesterday that was 29. There was a story about 14 people from the Diamond Princess cruise ship who had initially been symptom-free being flown to the US mainland to complete their quarantine time. According to the story, they were transferred to a facility near Kansas City, MO.

Today the John Hopkins page shows 15 in the US and I can find no reference to those other 14 transferred to KC in the news articles. Some mention of part of them being sent to Travis AFB but that was not their final stop as of yesterday. For some reason, the story seems to have been squashed.

Something smells wrong. For the first time, I'm actually a bit concerned because it looks like our government is covering up parts of the story.

The count is based upon where they were at the time of diagnosis. The 14 you are asking about are counted int he Japanese total because that's there the DP was at the time of diagnosis.
Originally Posted by Musicianized

Really?

Do you have a source for this?
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Really?

Do you have a source for this?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/corona...r-self-quarantined-americans-11582108203

There is almost a media blackout about it.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/02...getting-care-in-nebraska-not-california/

The American passengers diagnosed with coronavirus infection who were evacuated from a Japanese-based cruise ship are getting specialized care at a Nebraska hospital and are not part of the large quarantine at Fairfield’s Travis Air Force Base, military officials said Monday.

Those 13 individuals — among the 328 U.S. passengers of the Diamond Princess cruise ship, docked in Yokohama, Japan – were flown to the 20-bed National Quarantine Unit at the University of Nebraska Medical Center Medicine. So far, they are showing only mild symptoms of the disease. One sicker person is getting a higher level of care at the hospital’s Biocontainment Unit, which cared for Ebola patients in 2014.

Should these people count as being infected in Japan? or the US?
I'm not subscribed to the WSJ..... does the article talk about "fast tracking" a new type of vaccine?
Originally Posted by Squidge

The American passengers diagnosed with coronavirus infection who were evacuated from a Japanese-based cruise ship are getting specialized care at a Nebraska hospital and are not part of the large quarantine at Fairfield’s Travis Air Force Base, military officials said Monday.

Those 13 individuals — among the 328 U.S. passengers of the Diamond Princess cruise ship, docked in Yokohama, Japan – were flown to the 20-bed National Quarantine Unit at the University of Nebraska Medical Center Medicine. So far, they are showing only mild symptoms of the disease. One sicker person is getting a higher level of care at the hospital’s Biocontainment Unit, which cared for Ebola patients in 2014.

They shouldn't be counted twice.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Squidge

They shouldn't be counted twice.

Agreed. They were on the US map last night but no longer show up in Nebraska.
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
I'm not subscribed to the WSJ..... does the article talk about "fast tracking" a new type of vaccine?

I dunno Im not subscribed either lol.
My son is a nurse in Seattle. He's wondering why everyone's so afraid of corona but totally nonchalant about the flu that kills 20k every year in the US alone. People don't get vaccinated and don't seem to worry about that. This is no more contagious and so far no more deadly than the flu.
Exactly!

Every year there's another virus originating somewhere in Asia that brings us another flu season.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
My son is a nurse in Seattle. He's wondering why everyone's so afraid of corona but totally nonchalant about the flu that kills 20k every year in the US alone. People don't get vaccinated and don't seem to worry about that. This is no more contagious and so far no more deadly than the flu.

Numbers so far state it’s about two orders of magnitude more deadly than the flu. And I got the shot, even though it’s pretty much a dud this year.
It's a lot more deadly. The percentage of people who die from the flu is way lower than the Coronavirus. Thus far, the flu is far more prevalent in the US and there are more deaths, but what people are scared of is the Coronavirus getting a good foothold here. There is an argument to be made that many of the deaths in China and elsewhere are due to much poorer healthcare, but the facts are the Coronavirus is much more deadly.

"The virus is proving to be far more contagious than the flu, having spread from 300 people in mid-January to more than 75,700 as of Thursday morning."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/19/hos...-outbreak-to-become-global-pandemic.html

Again..

Flu mortality rate .01%

Coronavirus mortality rate 2.3%

More contagious than the flu and 230 times more deadly.
Mortality rates are said to be highest among asians.
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Mortality rates are said to be highest amoung asians.

Thats really odd considering that it's spreading in ASIA!
So I found this from just a few hours ago. Looks like some good info. Says Carona is 20x more deadly than the flew ( not 200x)

Some good compartmentalized info for quick lookup but a very thorough look at numbers etc....

anyhoo - From LiveScience

Have to wonder a few things.
  • How much vitamin C is in typical Chinese diets
  • What role does smoking and air pollution play in vulnerability

Originally Posted by kenjs1
So I found this from just a few hours ago. Looks like some good info. Says Carona is 20x more deadly than the flew ( not 200x)

Some good compartmentalized info for quick lookup but a very thorough look at numbers etc....

anyhoo - From LiveScience

Have to wonder a few things.
  • How much vitamin C is in typical Chinese diets
  • What role does smoking and air pollution play in vulnerability

I'd say the average Chinese person is getting more vitamin C in their diet than the average American. Lots of fresh veggies of many different sorts. Stuff that wouldn't even be considered food by 90% of the population there, but somehow makes for good eats. Ditto on the types of fruit widely available there. Sure there aren't that many types of apples around, but the selection of tropical fruits is so much greater.

Air pollution is of course much worse in China, and the percentage of the population that smokes is much higher as well.
The Chinese are heavy smokers. Plus, Wuhan is famous for it's air pollution. Is it any surprise that a respiratory disease is killing their already damaged lungs?
Something like 30% of Chinese smoke and tobacco provides from 7 to 10% of the government's revenue. China's the worlds largest grower of tobacco. With that kind of money at stake, they're not going to discourage it's use.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
I just read that 2 of the passengers on that cruise ship in Japan have died. They were both Japanese in their 80's. There are now 621 cases among the 3700 people who were on board. A bunch of the Americans are now at Travis AFB under quarantine.
The Chinese are heavy smokers. Plus, Wuhan is famous for it's air pollution. Is it any surprise that a respiratory disease is killing their already damaged lungs?
Something like 30% of Chinese smoke and tobacco provides from 7 to 10% of the government's revenue. China's the worlds largest grower of tobacco. With that kind of money at stake, they're not going to discourage it's use.

The USA will soon be like that too. With EPA rollbacks and suspension of clean air and water regulations, Look out China, HERE WE COME!
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

The USA will soon be like that too. With EPA rollbacks and suspension of clean air and water regulations, Look out China, HERE WE COME!

You're a stupid mf'er.
Originally Posted by mirage243

You're a stupid mf'er.

No, I'm spot on. You are the guy that is stupid. You think there will be no consequences of what Trump has done to air and water regulations? Where do you get that idea? Do you remember that the USA was like back in the 60s and 70s and the trends that were on going at the time? Are you really willing go give back that progress and much more? I guess so.
The latest numbers are 15 confirmed cases in the US with another 15 people quarantined and under observation from the cruise ship. No deaths here.

Realistically, they need population control also and their own government knows it.

You're a stupid mf'er.

No, I'm spot on. You are the guy that is stupid. You think there will be no consequences of what Trump has done to air and water regulations? Where do you get that idea? Do you remember that the USA was like back in the 60s and 70s and the trends that were on going at the time? Are you really willing go give back that progress and much more? I guess so.

Is that what you call last night’s Democrap debate”?progress? 😳😆
Here's some information on Coronavirus you can trust.

https://healthblog.uofmhealth.org/wellness-prevention/2019-novel-coronavirus-should-you-be-worried

You're a stupid mf'er.

lmao LA use to look like that in the 70s.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

You're a stupid mf'er.

Is that what you call last night’s Democrap debate”?progress? 😳😆

Sorry, didn't see it. I don't watch that kind of crap. But back to the questions I asked you. What do you think? You down with much worse water and air quality? All good with you and yours?
Site a source that shows our air quality receding.
Originally Posted by Raeford
Site a source that shows our air quality receding.

In other words you also refuse to respond directly to my questions. The answers make you look pretty foolish also, don't they? Admit it, you have a very real denial problem.

There are dozens of sources. Google it yourself. Here are a few and you can follow up with reading some of the primary literature they discuss.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/06/19/climate/us-air-pollution-trump.html
https://www.epa.gov/clean-air-act-overview/air-pollution-current-and-future-challenges
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...er-years-improvements-report/2499356001/
https://apnews.com/d3515b79af1246d08f7978f026c9092b
https://www.hrw.org/news/2019/10/25/study-finds-deterioration-us-air-quality
Our government covering up the truth??!! Preposterous.
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Our government covering up the truth??!! Preposterous.

[Linked Image from media2.giphy.com]

"The virus is proving to be far more contagious than the flu, having spread from 300 people in mid-January to more than 75,700 as of Thursday morning.".

So, 75,000 new Corona virus infections in the past month, versus, 5,000,000 to 7,000,000 new flu infections in the U.S. over the same period. Recall that in the 2017-2018 Flu season, there were almost as many flu deaths in the U.S.(+61,000) as total Corona infections to-date. If you pick thru the details, CDC classified the U.S. Flu infection rate ABOVE the EPIDEMIC level for 16 consecutive weeks during the 2017-2018 flu season. And the world still turns...

CDC 2019-2020 U.S. Flu Estimates to-date...

CDC Flu Past History...
They just brought 4 of 5 Corona virus carriers into Spokane for treatment in isolation. We're getting an ear full on local news tonight about how the hospital has been training for years for this, etc. They highlight the technology involved, etc.

All it takes is one slip in procedure, or a slip in containment and they've tapped a new hot spot. What about the maintenance on the HEPA air systems? A work order for some filter changes comes in and the maintenance guy who just got out of prison and working at the hospital under preference due to some special category goes in pulls the filter puts it in the trash, installs a new one and promptly goes to lunch. It makes me wonder sometimes about these situations.

Why not treat them all in one containment unit, in one state, one base, hospital etc? Why do we need to transport them spearing them evenly all over the entire country? Seems like undue risk to me.
Originally Posted by BigNate
Why not treat them all in one containment unit, in one state, one base, hospital etc? Why do we need to transport them spearing them evenly all over the entire country? Seems like undue risk to me.

Why, you don't want the virus to be spread evenly to the whole USA, so we can suffer together? You an anti-globalist too, I suppose.
Originally Posted by BigNate
They just brought 4 of 5 Corona virus carriers into Spokane for treatment in isolation. We're getting an ear full on local news tonight about how the hospital has been training for years for this, etc. They highlight the technology involved, etc.

All it takes is one slip in procedure, or a slip in containment and they've tapped a new hot spot. What about the maintenance on the HEPA air systems? A work order for some filter changes comes in and the maintenance guy who just got out of prison and working at the hospital under preference due to some special category goes in pulls the filter puts it in the trash, installs a new one and promptly goes to lunch. It makes me wonder sometimes about these situations.

Indeed. Almost like they were spread across the whole of the country for some reason...
Originally Posted by Orion2000

"The virus is proving to be far more contagious than the flu, having spread from 300 people in mid-January to more than 75,700 as of Thursday morning.".

So, 75,000 new Corona virus infections in the past month, versus, 5,000,000 to 7,000,000 new flu infections in the U.S. over the same period. Recall that in the 2017-2018 Flu season, there were almost as many flu deaths in the U.S.(+61,000) as total Corona infections to-date. If you pick thru the details, CDC classified the U.S. Flu infection rate ABOVE the EPIDEMIC level for 16 consecutive weeks during the 2017-2018 flu season. And the world still turns...

CDC 2019-2020 U.S. Flu Estimates to-date...

CDC Flu Past History...

Thats because flu is widespread.

When the coronavirus is widespread it will be worse.

World will still be turning but you might not be on it.
© 24hourcampfire