Home
So sad...........especially when you can't even name the country you live in....loved the girl who asked:
"shouldn't they have taught this in school?"....well, duh.......but teaching about diversity is much more important.
I could get 98% of em. The world. Even most of the ‘stans’ the island nations too. I don’t really need boundaries either to get very close. I was in geospatial and remote sensing for over 10 years though.

Also had a giant Cold War era globe my grandparents gave me. It was made in the 60s,

I yell obscenities at the TV when they do these things and the Jesse Waters on location spots too. I always wonder if these are cherry picked or are people just this damn stupid.
This was the last time Kimmel was even remotely funny.

ROFL, but still so sad. Most of them will know their new world invented pronouns for gender sensitive peoples, though.
Pretty darn sad .

Told this before telling it again .
Worked with a 35yr. old guy , 53 yr. guy and his 25yr. old son -none of them knew a word of the ' pledge of allegiance ' or ' star spangled banner ' . Common stuff in this part of flarduh .

Friend in biloxi explained it to me he said he learned a lot when his dad was stationed in san diego,ca. then when they transferred to keesler in biloxi his education came to an end . He went to school in orange grove/north gulfport .
He said all the teachers did during class was try and keep the blacks under control many days they never opened a book .

The dumb them down program is working great .
Originally Posted by ol_mike

He said all the teachers did during class was try and keep the blacks under control many days they never opened a book .

BINGO!!
Show me Prussia!

😉
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Show me Prussia!

😉

yes! or show them a map of Africa and ask them to show you Rhodesia and Tanganyika
Originally Posted by kid0917
Show me Prussia!

😉

yes! or show them a map of Africa and ask them to show you Rhodesia and Tanganyika

Tanganyika! Well there used to be a few Prussians there!!! 😊.
Show me Prussia!

😉

INDEED! laugh reading a book now "Campfires in Africa" Pre- WWI Americans and Brits safari in Africa, they traveled by German steamer. good read; I will send it to you when done if you have some spare time to spend reading...
.... and they are allowed to vote !!
Both of my grandfathers were conscripts for the Prussian Army.
Show me Prussia!

😉

INDEED! laugh reading a book now "Campfires in Africa" Pre- WWI Americans and Brits safari in Africa, they traveled by German steamer. good read; I will send it to you when done if you have some spare time to spend reading...

Somewhere around here I have a copy of "The Adventures of Mimi and Toutou!” Highly recommend!

https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/mimi-and-toutous-big-adventure-the-bizarre-battle-of-lake-tanganyika_giles-foden/536588/item/2942964/?mkwid=%7cdm&pcrid=395931190724&pkw=&pmt=&slid=&plc=&pgrid=83211845752&ptaid=pla-838337053911&gclid=Cj0KCQiA4sjyBRC5ARIsAEHsELE7frOKL7K3uZm_gQckAUlAnE8XJDxzsPrkWqdg2uLwS8OSGhqlyg8aAiHdEALw_wcB#isbn=1400075262&idiq=2942964

Or

https://www.abebooks.com/9781400075263/Mimi-Toutous-Big-Adventure-Bizarre-1400075262/plp
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
.... and they are allowed to vote !!

Good ole low/no information voters . smile
Prussia! The only country destroyed by the United Nations because it was deemed too dangerous to exist!

"Prussia existed de jure until its formal abolition by the Allied Control Council Enactment No. 46 of 25 February 1947."
When I was a child around the dinner table my father would quiz us on Geography—Capitals of States and shapes of countries and such. I got in a lot of trouble in school correcting teachers—most of then knew squat about the subject and that was more than 60 years ago.
Every time I see something like this, I always wonder how many people are interviewed to find the idiots. Surely you’d think that 8 outta 10 could at least find most of the big countries.
I couldn’t point out different countries in Eastern Europe or Africa without the borders drawn, but Western Europe and North America, Australia, most of Asia, come on now.
But it’s pretty obvious that most of today’s high school and college graduates have far less education than folks from 20 or 30 years ago. I’ve long said that schools are becoming more indoctrination enters than education.
Governments always take on a life of their own, ours is no exception. Educated people are a threat to an all powerful government. It’s up to you as a parent to make sure your kids are learning the things they need to know. Most parents don’t take the time, and it starts a vicious cycle, each generation dumber than the last.
7mm
Originally Posted by kkahmann
When I was a child around the dinner table my father would quiz us on Geography—Capitals of States and shapes of countries and such. I got in a lot of trouble in school correcting teachers—most of then knew squat about the subject and that was more than 60 years ago.

My teachers usually told my parents they had to study to stay ahead of me on history. Several of my high school teachers loaned me books out of their own collections.
When I was in the Army, the guys in the shop would quiz one another on state capitals and things like that at break time. I won’t say I’d get them all, but I’ll bet dollars to donuts I’d get at least 45 outta the 57! grin
7mm
When I was in 9th grade, we had to learn all the African countries. The test was to be handed a map of Africa and fill it in. I had no idea how I would ever do it. My mom had me trace out the map and I think we made copies somewhere. I practiced filling it in until I got it right....over and over. Wound up getting 100 and none of the other smart kids in the classed passed at all and the test had to be redone. They tried to memorize the map looking at it most likely. One of my proudest academic moments and all credit goes to Mom.

I might could find Egypt and South Africa today.......might! laugh

The U.S? Yeah I can find that!
Show me Prussia!

😉

Word

Or Shrangri-La😀
When the schools were integrated, standards for advancement and graduation had to gradually be abandoned, otherwise blacks wouldn't advance and graduate, and that would be racist. Can't have that. Parents that actually want their kids to have an education nowadays had best motivate them such as to make it into Advanced Placement classes. Those are about the only classes where actual learning takes place ... at least at about the level the schools used to uphold prior to integration.
We had to memorize the presidents in order in 5th grade.

My black buddy always called Harry Truman- Harry Turner

Ok fuggit.....Turner.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
When the schools were integrated, standards for advancement and graduation had to gradually be abandoned, otherwise blacks wouldn't advance and graduate, and that would be racist. Can't have that. Parents that actually want their kids to have an education nowadays had best motivate them such as to make it into Advanced Placement classes. Those are about the only classes where actual learning takes place ... at least at about the level the schools used to uphold prior to integration.

Teachers of non AP classes spend 50% or more of their time trying to get the blacks to sit down and shut up.
This in rural midwest town.

AP classes gets em away from some of the crap.
But liberal teachers and the stoopidity in the halls/lunch room..........it has a negative effect.

Was bad when my kids in school, only gotten worse.
Yet with all the gov programs and other, the same problem exists a decade later.
Young black males not graduating.

Now the schools are bringing in exchange students, some International baccalaureate crap.
Those kids take AP and have a lounge where they don't have to be around the blacks.
Amazing how they get "protected" from the joys of diversity.
LOL, 22 forms of the verb "to be"

8th grade.

No memorize, no pass English.

Sunk many a darkie.

Bet they could name all the NBA teams though.
Every kid in my fifth grade class could have named 40 countries, at least. Sad to see the educational system go into the septic tank.
Originally Posted by hookeye

Teachers of non AP classes spend 50% or more of their time trying to get the blacks to sit down and shut up.
This in rural midwest town.

Bingo. This is absolutely the case.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Every kid in my fifth grade class could have named 40 countries, at least. Sad to see the educational system go into the septic tank.

Standards had to be abandoned. Otherwise it would be racist.

The Plessy ruling had it right. Brown v was pure hogwash, legally speaking, pushed through by radical Bolsheviks in our legal/government system. Were it not for Brown v, our schools would still be like you describe.
That is not sad. Sad is looking at a map of the US and not be ableg to fill in or point out at least five states. No, not sad...sickening.
I'm not real good with geography but come on man that was ridiculous. I'm a white guy in America, I could care less about the schitholes of the world so it limited my desire to want to know anything about them. I could name 20 or so.
I had to learn the names and locations of all the countries of the world back in 7th grade. To make it relevant and easier to memorize I looked up what hunting opportunities they offered or had been known for. It was a bit of a challenge as many countries changed names during the 70's and the political upheavals shut down a lot of opportunities but it got me through the subject with flying colors.
"Name a country... ANY country..." Shameful that they could not at least point out the U.S. of A. ... But then again, in Hollywood ... Whadda ya expect ?
Originally Posted by slumlord

I yell obscenities at the TV when they do these things and the Jesse Waters on location spots too. I always wonder if these are cherry picked or are people just this damn stupid.

Sadly, They really are that STUPID!
© 24hourcampfire