Home
Does anyone actually know a person infected with this virus? Not a cousin of a friend, or the second cousin of a friend of the kid who cuts your grass, etc. Do you actually know a friend or a relative that has it and been confirmed by a doctor?
50,000 people in my company 100+ countries, 6 continents.

Zero cases.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Who do you know....... - 03/14/20
None, but a few of my buds have Modelo.
I've been asking the same thing of people.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Who do you know....... - 03/14/20
Not one phuggin person.....and I know a LOT of people.
Posted By: hanco Re: Who do you know....... - 03/14/20
No people at all!
Posted By: 79S Re: Who do you know....... - 03/14/20
Zero, and I have several friends in the epicenter of Washington state.. meanwhile you have people saying it irresponsible not to take this serious etc.. Me I'm like wtf ever man, it's all news media hype trying to destroy Trump. People will say no it isn't, but every time trump does something, the left shows up to argue what he has done. Example travel ban from Europe, democrat members of Congress were pissed he did it. Now look at the Europeans countries are pissed to. So again just how serious is it? If it's truly as bad as they say those countries would all be on board with travel bans..
Posted By: Squidge Re: Who do you know....... - 03/14/20
How many people do you know that have been tested for it?
Posted By: 79S Re: Who do you know....... - 03/14/20
The one that's going to push people over the edge is travel within the United States.. once that happens ph ckers be like ah chit, trump has the queen. Checkmate, then this corona virus will go the way of everything else the left has tried. Again if this is truly that horrible people will be for domestic travel bans as well.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Who do you know....... - 03/15/20
Originally Posted by 79S
once that happens ph ckers be like ah chit, trump has the queen

ARE YOU RUNNING A FEVER?
Posted By: KU_Geo Re: Who do you know....... - 03/15/20
Acquaintance of mine tested positive Thursday. But I only know of two people who have actually been tested. Neither traveled internationally in the last 6 months. Batting .500 as of now...
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by 79S

ARE YOU RUNNING A FEVER?

Here's not right today.

He's running a fever for something:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ue-donald-trump-coronavirus#Post14662465
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Who do you know....... - 03/15/20
Originally Posted by jaguartx
None, but a few of my buds have Modelo.

Picked up some Sammy and Guiness yesterday. Holed up now, except maybe for fishing trips or range "business". China Doll has pak choi, turnips, and spinach in the ground; some's up already.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Who do you know....... - 03/15/20
Nobody I know has it. But somebody at the plant next door has tested positive.
So my whole town might get slammed.
Posted By: elkcountry Re: Who do you know....... - 03/15/20
My boss and the engineering manager just returned from the Toronto area. Made a stop at a customer's site to check up on them and were informed that 1 person in the office tested positive for COVID19. Now they are back home and are not allowed to return to the facility until they are tested. I believe it takes a few days for results so it will be a while before we see them again!

Wife's company has instituted a work from home policy for at least 2 months and rumor has it up to 5 months!!
She actually works from home a day or two a week so not that big for her as she is much more productive anyway.

Wish I could work from home!

Elk Country
Posted By: TnBigBore Re: Who do you know....... - 03/15/20
Originally Posted by Squidge

Bingo. There are people with around just about all of you nearly guaranteed. Give it a week or two.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Who do you know....... - 03/15/20
I feel like chit, but the weather changed and that's always messed me up.
Chronic sinus BS.
The ol lady had some bug 2 weeks ago.
I didn't get it.
Bad chow did me in for 24 hrs, not bad but kinda figured (didn't taste right).
Always joke about eh cafeteria at work.....wasn't overly funny yesterday wink
Posted By: 79S Re: Who do you know....... - 03/15/20
Originally Posted by 79S

ARE YOU RUNNING A FEVER?

No you silly goose.... it will be check ph ucking mate by trump.. he will out the entire left on this hyped up outbreak.. I know you aren't the brightest, but China has how many people ???? Okay I will answer 1.4 billion maw ph uckers.. total cases in China 80,844.. you think as congested/over populated that country is their would be more than 80k cases.. but I digress, in the next couple weeks the wheels on this phoney/overhyped virus will fall off..

Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by 79S

ARE YOU RUNNING A FEVER?

Here's not right today.

He's running a fever for something:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ue-donald-trump-coronavirus#Post14662465

Stop staring at Barry's dick you ph ucking meat gazing weirdo Jesus..
Right now place to be is the Virgin Islands
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Does anyone actually know a person infected with this virus? Not a cousin of a friend, or the second cousin of a friend of the kid who cuts your grass, etc. Do you actually know a friend or a relative that has it and been confirmed by a doctor?

Nope. Don't know anyone who has it. Must be fake.
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Who do you know....... - 03/15/20
Only 5 bottles left in my 6 pack still have fresh lime to disinfect the mouths on them though I'll make it through. Thank you for your concern
MB
Posted By: rem141r Re: Who do you know....... - 03/15/20
just wait a couple weeks.
In hindsight, some the implied claims of this thread are sad.
I don't know anyone who has tested positive, but we all know a bunch of folks who have it. It's more widespread than toilet paper shortages.
Posted By: kamo_gari Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20

Yes, about a dozen of my wife's friends and work associates have tested positive. Several are hospitalized. All are in NYC, and mostly in Manhattan. Very glad we decided to cancel all of her NYC work gigs from early March on. Very glad.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
Really good friends have Negra Modelo.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
Don't know anybody personally, but seven medical workers at the hospital where my wife works have tested positive. Also, somebody that works at the office where my wife's personal Physician works tested positive,..so that office has been shut down. Honestly, I'm getting fairly nervous about the whole situation.

The way I see it,...if they don't come up with a test that can quickly identify those with the virus and get them isolated, it's going to be rough.

Right now, the hospital has people all over it with some type of flu like sickness, but they can't determine who has what until they've been in the general population of the hospital for a couple of days waiting on test results. I'm sure the same situation exists at many hospitals.

It's a real bad time to be working in the medical profession.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
None zero. We have quite a bit of family between Portland and Seattle but none of them or their friends have got it yet.
Posted By: Nebraska Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
The dad of a friend of mine was the first Corona victim in NE. Very sad news for him and his family...........
Posted By: kevinJ Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
My brother.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
Had an inmate at work for a while. Had him isolated in the infirmary but then moved him to another prison with a negative pressure cell in their infirmary. Now a week plus later they tell us about it. Now that the news has a hold of the info. Nice of them to protect the employees at a 2000 man camp. I am semi retired so I called in taking six months of time off for the place to cool off...... or blow up in a quarantine. How the state of Misery will handle that, I don't know? Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Posted By: Blackbat242 Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
My cousin Patty was just released from the hospital - Denver Co. area - she DID have Covid.

I had visited with her, my cousin Danette, and my aunt Florence when I was in Boulder for work in early Feb this year.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
Originally Posted by Squidge

I dont even know anyone who has the flu. Trump may save 20,000 to 50,000 with the flu.
Posted By: JRaw Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
My neighbors moved last summer. Their 12 year old son has tested positive, though currently asymptomatic.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
Guys, something I dont understand is so many saying the H1N1 under Zero was a whole lot worse. Some 60 million in the US contracted it, there were 275,000 hospitalizations and 12,500 deaths.

Yet, I never heard of countries having a shortage of respirators, sick drs and nurses, inadequate hospital space or rationing of care. Anywhere.

So, how is it so many say it was worse?
Posted By: jk16 Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
Guys, something I dont understand is so many saying the H1N1 under Zero was a whole lot worse. Some 60 million in the US contracted it, there were 275,000 hospitalizations and 12,500 deaths.

Yet, I never heard of countries having a shortage of respirators, sick drs and nurses, inadequate hospital space or rationing of care. Anywhere.

Heck , I never really heard much of ANYTHING in the.mainstream news about it in 2009. It was handled in the media like it was just another form of the Flu.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
I know 3 who are positive. They are also the only ones I know that have been tested.

Not sure how accurate this site is. I'm skeptical of most numbers but it's likely as true as any...... At the time I'm typing this the US is showing ~31,000 MORE confirmed cases than the next closest country....it's not always good to be #1.

The numbers that keep getting me is the ratio of deaths to recovered.....2,229 deaths, 3,238 recovered (again at the time I'm typing). I'm assuming that a much larger number are going to recover, but the time it takes to recover and be cleared looks to be a BIG deal to me.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Posted By: RickcNY Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
Thankfully no one
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I know 3 who are positive. They are also the only ones I know that have been tested.

Not sure how accurate this site is. I'm skeptical of most numbers but it's likely as true as any...... At the time I'm typing this the US is showing ~31,000 MORE confirmed cases than the next closest country....it's not always good to be #1.

The numbers that keep getting me is the ratio of deaths to recovered.....2,229 deaths, 3,238 recovered (again at the time I'm typing). I'm assuming that a much larger number are going to recover, but the time it takes to recover and be cleared looks to be a BIG deal to me.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

It is all dependent upon reporting. There is not a single doubt in my mind that Chicoms are vastly under reporting their COVID situation. To say the US (or others) is accurate in the reporting, is hopeful, but doubtful.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20

I personally know one, an old family friend, 77 year old retired school teacher and the only confirmed case in our county so far. The only reason I know it was him is because a sister of his told it on Facebook asking for prayers but then soon deleted the post after other family members objected to his identity being revealed to the public.
Posted By: agazain Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
Three friends, a family in England.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
I don’t know anyone that has contracted this
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
Originally Posted by joken2

I personally know one, an old family friend, 77 year old retired school teacher and the only confirmed case in our county so far. The only reason I know it was him is because a sister of his told it on Facebook asking for prayers but then soon deleted the post after other family members objected to his identity being revealed to the public.

While I can understand families not wanting publicity, I also believe that it's important that you know whether or not you've been in contact with someone that has it.
Posted By: Crockettnj Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20

two friends, their spouses, and both have 2 children. 2 of the children arent showing symptoms, but i included them because we all figure its inevitable. of those 2 families, they described it as a really bad flu... "a bad 10 days, but 3 or 4 really sucked". All were in excellent to decent health prior, no hospital stays, and except fo the 2 kids mentioned are well on the road to mend.

a 9th is a friend, though no longer close in the least, who is on a vent. 50 yo, weight and other health issues.
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
There is no one in my circle of family and friends that has it that I am aware of.
I fully expect to get it. My wife works in healthcare and though they have cut her hours 90something %, i figure we were exposed.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20

Originally Posted by JamesJr

While I can understand families not wanting publicity, I also believe that it's important that you know whether or not you've been in contact with someone that has it.

I agree for the most part but HiPAA generally does not permit without patient permission. The claim is that medical professionals will interview patient as to who he has been in close contact with and where he has been then go from there.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
Wife's aunt and uncle are fairly certain they had it. All the symptoms and put them down and out for 10 days or so. They are late 50's or early 60's and in great shape. They are active in CrossFit. For whatever reason they didn't get tested so no confirmation at this time.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20

I agree for the most part but HiPAA generally does not permit without patient permission. The claim is that medical professionals will interview patient as to who he has been in close contact with and where he has been then go from there.

Yeah, it's a tough call. If I were suffering from a disease, I would not want the world to know. However, I feel that if I had infected some people, they should have the right to know, so they can get medical treatment. It all relies on everyone being honest...............and that's not always how people are.
Yes, my good friend and gunshow buddy Mike is in a Milwaukee hospital fighting for his life from the virus. He's been on a ventilator and in an induced coma for over a week now. Got a bad phone call last night, now Mike is going into kidney failure and they don't give him much time. Mike had some other complications, diabetes for one, and I'm sure that didn't help him at all. Mike is also a campfire member but I can't recall his user name at the moment. Knowing one is enough!
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
Yes, my good friend and gunshow buddy Mike is in a Milwaukee hospital fighting for his life from the virus. He's been on a ventilator and in an induced coma for over a week now. Got a bad phone call last night, now Mike is going into kidney failure and they don't give him much time. Mike had some other complications, diabetes for one, and I'm sure that didn't help him at all. Mike is also a campfire member but I can't recall his user name at the moment. Knowing one is enough!

Hope your friend pulls through
Sorry to say, doesn't sound like it. But truly hoping he does too!
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
Neighbor;only 4 houses away. She is 79, in hospital in isolation. Her boyfriend is 86.
One would say; that's close to home
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Neighbor;only 4 houses away. She is 79, in hospital in isolation. Her boyfriend is 86.
One would say; that's close to home

Not a favorable age bracket for recovery
Posted By: RAS Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
Two people.

My friend in Chicago was told he probably had it while visiting ER. All the symptoms. No test. Felt bad for 2 days then got better. Still in quarantine, but 100%.

My friend’s wife downstate in Michigan got it. They are both doctors. She is doing well. Again, a two day bug then mandatory wait time.
Posted By: hanco Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
Not a damn person.
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson

Sorry to hear. Hoping and praying for the best.

Pre existing conditions and general cardio fitness are shiping up to be the 2 biggest predictors for outcome.
Posted By: RAS Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
Again fellas.

There are 80 somethings out there beating this thing like it’s cool. Then there are perfectly healthy younger people who have a rough go, but those numbers are small.

This isn’t something to play with, but your chances of dying from rona are very small. Can happen, yes. But highly unlikely.

If you are careful about staying clean and not touching your face, as well as avoiding sick sneezing people, you have a much greater chance of dying in a car accident IMO.
Posted By: benchman Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
Nobody.
Posted By: BamBam Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
My superintendent has it the other superintendence wife has it my foreman has it he gave it to his wife and one laborer that’s out of seven guys in the crew. Two laborers a dock builder and myself did not contract. We We’re working up in Manhattan 63rd and York Avenue ,buy all the hospitals, Sloan Kettering and so forth damn hotspot. I left on the 12th I befriended a nurse up there and she said if I can get the hell out of the city which I did one week earlier than those guys. They into it for 10 days now my superintendent is having a little tough time with it he’s 64 and my other superintendence wife is having lung issues and she’s only 43 no respirator yet. I consider myself very lucky , So far.I live in rural Pennsylvania I’ve been in my house since the 12th of this month, my doc said I’m good to go.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20

No, not yet.
Posted By: fgold767 Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
No one I know.
No one I know.

My curiosity causes me to ask, how was it passed to these people? I guess its hard to tell at this point?

I'm "essential" and my job takes me into nursing facilities and other medical customers. I really don't want it or bring it home and doing my best to take all precautions. My primary doc told me to be very wary of the nursing homes. He also thinks gas stations, convenience stores could be vectors.

Screw the flu
I don't know anybody that has it. In fact, the county I live in doesn't have one single case of it. ZERO cases.
Posted By: utah708 Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
The father of a dear friend and colleague died from it night before last.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
I live in a 6 square mile suburb of Seattle with 20,000 people, 34 cases of COVID-19.
We have 3 grocery stores, so that is ~ 11 cases per grocery store.

I hunt in a small town in MT where there are no cases within 100 miles.
They have 1 grocery stores for 100 miles around.
Posted By: Mathsr Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
I live in a county that has about 75k people in it and a University with about 20K students a lot of which are still in town. The first case in the county was reported last night.
My aunt passed away from complications Monday night. She was almost 90, in poor health, and lived in NYC

I live in a 6600 square mile county with 68000 people with 0 confirmed cases so know of no one here with it.
Friends just down the road a couple miles have all tested positive. Got it from their niece’s wedding a week ago. Their niece is a nurse and required hospitalization for a couple of days. Friends had low grade fever and didn’t feel well for 3-4 days and now getting better.
Posted By: KenMi Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
Just don't take ibuprofen if you feel symptoms coming on. Doctors are saying that it kick starts this crazy thing into viral pneumonia, which is the deadly complication.
Weird cause that is fine to take with a normal flu.
They are saying those that don't take Advil do much better.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
One of my nieces. She works in an x-ray office.
Posted By: huntinaz Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20

I think those Flu mortality numbers are actually low, but, from what I am seeing locally, the patients that are requiring hospitalization are presenting with severe symptoms and disease progression at a much higher rate than with influenza. I work at the largest hospital in northern AZ and well over half of our total critical care capacity is full of Covid or Covid rule outs. Almost all of these patients in ICU have severe ARDS requiring full support. I have never ever seen this much influenza causing this severe disease at one time. Never have we had to convert beds to ICU beds for influenza overflow. Never had twenty plus influenza patients all on vents at once for influenza. This has all cropped up in the last 7-10 days.

Reported numbers are lagging for sure. This is definitely killing people. I think/hope it is less virulent than influenza but even at a total mortality rate of 1.5% that’s way above the rate of typical influenza and that’s how it’s presenting. Given the rate this escalated locally there’s every reason to suspect it will get worse before it gets better

It’s not just ventilators that are a concern, we’re running out of drugs quickly. As this becomes more prevalent space, vents, drugs, and as hospital personnel start getting sick that’s gonna make things worse as well

It appears the Phoenix area is faring far better so far which is a good sign, we’re kind of isolated here in Northern AZ but drug shortages affect everyone and that’s coming down the pike

More good news is that so far the data on kids is holding up here, it’s not killing them

The severe patients are mostly people over 55 but there are some standouts

This is not a fabricated conspiracy by the left. This bug can be nasty. Overall mortality is low. But if you’re one of the unlucky ones then it’s a real bad deal
Posted By: huntinaz Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
And so far I don’t know anyone personally that has it
Posted By: 1minute Re: Who do you know....... - 03/29/20
Just the folks that the media thinks I should care about. No one at all locally.
One of my reports at work had a son confirmed on Friday.
3 people have been sent home with High Temps but the company is not passing on any more information.
HR was in NY on Tuesday last and returned to work Wed to be sent home by the company lawyers Thursday and she was back at work on Friday??????
I do not work directly with these people who are on different floors than I but there are a lot of questions being asked by other employees and not answered.
The business has a Government Priority Level contract and is staying open.
Originally Posted by KenMi
Just don't take ibuprofen if you feel symptoms coming on. Doctors are saying that it kick starts this crazy thing into viral pneumonia, which is the deadly complication.
Weird cause that is fine to take with a normal flu.
They are saying those that don't take Advil do much better.

stop perpetuating a lie, WHO and many other medical professionals agree that the rumor had zero backing.
This guy I know his brother-in-law had it. His description of it has everyone I have related it to have a OMG reaction.
He said it was like having GLASS SHARDS in your lungs.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Who do you know....... - 03/30/20

Yeah, it's a tough call. If I were suffering from a disease, I would not want the world to know.

It wouldn't make any difference to me.

I assume that everybody has it.
Posted By: cfran Re: Who do you know....... - 03/30/20
Not yet thankfully!
Posted By: EdM Re: Who do you know....... - 03/30/20
Not yet.
Posted By: Steve_in_OR Re: Who do you know....... - 03/30/20
Not a single person, thankfully.
Steve
Posted By: Romulus Re: Who do you know....... - 03/30/20
There's more fear globally, Lies of death and statistic but very little harm.
Posted By: kingston Re: Who do you know....... - 03/30/20
Originally Posted by Romulus
There's more fear globally, Lies of death and statistic but very little harm.

SMFH
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Who do you know....... - 03/30/20
Originally Posted by 1minute
Just the folks that the media thinks I should care about. No one at all locally.

Any cases in your county yet 1minute?

None down here as of this past Wed according to our little local paper.

Geno
Posted By: Lennie Re: Who do you know....... - 03/30/20
Wife and I have a friend in ICU and two other friends at home with virus. Thus far, no deaths of friends.

I do have friends who have health issues. If they were to get the bug, I would be afraid for them.

I would suspect there is a high probability that a forum member may have the bug and not know it. Known cases are just the tip of the iceberg.
© 24hourcampfire