Home
Really hope this is a wake up call for companies to move supply chains out of China and into other countries. I have no faith it will happen however. They seemed to be ok with them stealing all the intellectual property.
to say nothing about slave labor and work camps
Originally Posted by elelbean
Really hope this is a wake up call for companies to move supply chains out of China and into other countries. I have no faith it will happen however. They seemed to be ok with them stealing all the intellectual property.

Maybe.

maybe not.

Corporations are driven by profit, and rightly so it would seem.

If their bean counters say they'll do better if they can weather the storm and rebuild with Chinese plants, instead of incurring the costs to move tooling and find trained labor, they're staying in China.

Moving a factory is no small thing.

Geno
As long as their merchandise can be sourced 0.1% cheaper in China, that's where it will come from.

China is stealing intellectual property? No big deal. Slave labor? Ditto.

Multinational companies care about one thing - their bottom line.
That's the sad part. Profit over country and countrymen
Our big industrialists are great patriots and will most certainly move production back home. Even if it means they will make less money.

Either that or they would sell their mother for a tax break..........
They have been moving back by the hundreds for a few months. Trump has informed them they will die on the vine. I heard about 50 came back in one day a week or two ago.

It's amazing what cutting off profits with tariffs can do for a company's patriotism.

Corporations aren't jingoistic.

corporations are set up to make a profit and return dividends to the corporate owners (shareholders in most cases)

Geno
Originally Posted by jaguartx
They have been moving back by the hundreds for a few months. Trump has informed them they will die on the vine. I heard about 50 came back in one day a week or two ago.

Have the factories been moved back yet? Or are these companies that can source material/product from other less evil countries and maybe even domestically?

Which companies? Do you have a list so we can know who to support?

Geno
The companies were moving out due to the cabal who were making China the new world kingpin.

We lost 67,000 mfg co under Zero. Many went to China. Remember GE leader, zeros bud, being appointed by Zero to keep US businesses going? Iirc, Jeffery inmelt or such. 3 mo later he moved their corporate offices and a lot of mfg to China.

Like the Avian and Swine flu scares this will blow over and business as usual will prevail.

Unless some sort or kind of Strategic Drug Reserves are mandated it will be business as usual.

Jmo
They may not be coming back here,however, they are leaving China. This has been going on for a year. The outbreak in Wuhan certainly isn’t going to be helpful to the Chicoms. I expect it to speed up the process .
GreggH
The companies were moving out due to the cabal who were making China the new world kingpin.

Which companies?

Geno
No, because if they had any brains it would have never happened in the first place
People bitch about there being no jobs. Bitch about poor wages.

Also bitch about the stock market going down.

Sweat shops and poor wages are good for the stock market.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/01/trump-ordered-us-firms-to-ditch-china-but-many-already-have.html

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/M...nufacturing-exodus-as-50-companies-leave

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...ging-most-jobs-back-to-america/36438051/

This is why the left and DNC fought tooth and nail to stop Trumps USMCA TRADE DEAL. THEY HAD SOLD US OUT TO CHINA.

As I said before, Feinstein and Piglosi sold out for millions a long time ago. Bill sold out for Chinagate. Hunter Biden sold out for Joe for a $1 billion deal. Hillary had open computers for them. She wasnt hacked. She sold us out on purpose. That's why she had to bleach 33,000 emails. Trump has the goods on her. That's why he said shed be in jail. That's why she said if that bastard won they would all hang. Feinstein knew for 20 years her office mgr was a spy. Said he was a driver.

Public reaction to this one is at a pretty bad level, it is only going to get worse. This is much much more intense then past snafu's by the Chinese Communists. They know it , that is why they are trying to and failing at the spin. No one believes them.
Cheap labor will win the day
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/01/trump-ordered-us-firms-to-ditch-china-but-many-already-have.html

This is why the left and DNC fought tooth and nail to stop Trumps USMCA TRADE DEAL. THEY HAD SOLD US OUT TO CHINA.

As I said before, Feinstein and Piglosi sold out for millions a long time ago. Bill sold out for Chinagate. Hunter Biden sold out for Joe for a $1 billion deal. Hillary had open computers for them. She wasnt hacked. She sold us out on purpose. That's why she had to bleach 33,000 emails. Trump has the goods on her. That's why he said shed be in jail. That's why she said if that bastard won they would all hang. Feinstein knew for 20 years her office mgr was a spy. Said he was a driver.

Thanks for the links.

Geno
Yes. Nixon did us no favor vis a vis China.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Like the Avian and Swine flu scares this will blow over and business as usual will prevail.

Unless some sort or kind of Strategic Drug Reserves are mandated it will be business as usual.

Jmo

Yup. Pretty much.
Many rhinos had sold out also. It's why so many Rs dropped out of 2016 house race. Trump let the crooks out. There are too many to prosecute all. Horse face, shifty, schumer etc are sold out.

Difference is, some were responsible for deaths of US citizens and or servicemen. They wont walk away from this.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Our big industrialists are great patriots and will most certainly move production back home. Even if it means they will make less money.

Either that or they would sell their mother for a tax break..........

My guess is, you run your cattle business as efficiently as you can.

Or do you feed em corn alla the time, and give the cows a year break between calves, to recover and enjoy some stress free cow time?

With a vet on site 24/7, case they get indigestion?

Or would you sell your mother for more calves, popped out faster?

Ain't nothin wrong with runnin an efficient business.
Unless they had good reason, why would they want to change the trade arrangements? It would only mean costs would go up and that would be political suicide for a government to try that on. Money is probably stronger than fear,
Cheap/slave labor isn't the only reason companies went to China. There's EPA regulations, OSHA regulations, union labor demands, burocratic red tape, high taxes, etc.,etc.
They might leave China but I doubt many come back here
Sweat shops and poor wages are good for the stock market.

whaddya mean...those wages fetch the best monkey and bat meat money can buy
Men have forgotten how to do what's right.
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Cheap/slave labor isn't the only reason companies went to China. There's EPA regulations, OSHA regulations, union labor demands, burocratic red tape, high taxes, etc.,etc.

+1. There has been a lot of movement to India in the past few months. Indian Prime minister met with Trump a few months ago. They are smarter then the Chinese and are not warmongers. It will be very very interesting.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Men have forgotten how to do what's right.

That's what happens when men turn from God. Tyranny, Babylon babble prevails and civilizations fail. That's why the communists seek to destroy family and religion and squeeze people into being cogs or slaves that drive their wealth.

As Ben Franklin said "....if you can keep it."

In 9 years there I saw no slave labor.

Did have unscrupulous contractors that worked those who came in off of the rice fields without permits and wouldn’t pay them, not totally unlike some contractors here.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

+1. There has been a lot of movement to India in the past few months. Indian Prime minister met with Trump a few months ago. They are smarter then the Chinese and are not warmongers. It will be very very interesting.

They are not smarter than the Chinese.
This has been an eye opener.

Just as Beretta had to move their mfg to the US to build weapons for our military, based on security concerns, antibiotics and such do impact national security. And supply chain issues have shown just how vulnerable the whole system is. At least that cat’s out of the bag.

So, national security concerns could “Trump” cheap labor concerns.

We’ll see how that plays out, national interests vs global interests, Globalists vs Nationalists.

DF
If they don’t then they/we truly deserve our fate.

Lowyers. Companies have to hire stupid suckers and then have to pay them for life when they get injured sliding down in the schiett they crapped on the bathroom floor, etc. They get sued if they fire the stupid pukes before they get hurt or if they wont work.

There was a reason Shakespear made his remark about lowyers, and at that time he only had an inkling.

We are paying out the ass for not having picked our own cotton.

Lowyers. Companies have to hire stupid suckers and then have to pay them for life when they get injured sliding down in the schiett they crapped on the bathroom floor, etc. They get sued if they fire the stupid pukes before they get hurt or if they wont work.

There was a reason Shakespear made his remark about lowyers, and at that time he only had an inkling.

You talking about ‘Black Lawyers ‘ ?

In 9 years there I saw no slave labor.

Did have unscrupulous contractors that worked those who came in off of the rice fields without permits and wouldn’t pay them, not totally unlike some contractors here.

Golly, if you work someone and don't pay them, that's kinda like slave labor. Did you visit the prison workshops? How about the Uyger (sp?) concentration camps?
Buddy of mine deals with the production side of a mid sized business that sells cabinets. Chinese factory started [bleep] with them about 3 years ago, making demands for minimum order size, demanding higher prices right before shipment was slotted to leave China etc ..
He went to Vietnam, found them to be very appeasing, moved production there about 6mos later after equipment was set up and ready, and says quality is better and no more B.S.

You talking about ‘Black Lawyers ‘ ?

Discernment, OT. A statement can refer to more than one thing. I could have thrown in crooked dimocraps too, but didnt want to confuse folks like, uh, never mind. wink
Will the EPA back off some of the craziness so that products needed to make things can be used in America?

It already started during the trade war.

China threatening to withhold medication during this current scare didn't help their cause either.

Don't even go there. I have been in IT for 40 years, I have never ever seen a Chinee that can code .

Don't even go there. I have been in IT for 40 years, I have never ever seen a Chinee that can code .

I have.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

I have.

How big a sample size did you deal with?
Never happen. Chinese labor is far too cheap. And will only get cheaper with this.
Originally Posted by 700LH
Will the EPA back off some of the craziness so that products needed to make things can be used in America?

Trump has cut a lot of govt crap and red tape designed to run cos out of the US. Hes fixing to cut more.
There is always another China. Ask the Japs
Originally Posted by chesterwy
Never happen. Chinese labor is far too cheap. And will only get cheaper with this.

Price of doing business there has really gone up plus you lose intellectual properties. Vietnam is cheaper as is probably India.
Old elk you are correct in the abilities of the Indian people. A large very well educated under employed group of people. Don’t think for one minute our companies aren’t drooling to expand there. Trump is going to use them to cock block the Chinese. And the Indians are more than willing to grab the opportunities.
GreggH

I will go there hossfly. I worked with many to the point of all of it being done in-house.

Ya reckon them Chinese hackers are hiring Indians and Pakistanis to do their international hacking for them ? What say ?

You know not of what you speak concerning those folks. But I will say that the Indians and Pakis are stellar at it.
Originally Posted by GreggH
Old elk you are correct in the abilities of the Indian people. A large very well educated under employed group of people. Don’t think for one minute our companies aren’t drooling to expand there. Trump is going to use them to cock block the Chinese. And the Indians are more than willing to grab the opportunities.
GreggH

Most all third world nations’ people are more than willing to grab first world opportunities.

Jus sayin.

I have.

But it's still a whole number greater than zero.

I have.

One might ask you the same and at what locations and for what duration.

Your sample size appears to be micro in scope.

I will go there hossfly. I worked with many to the point of all of it being done in-house.

Ya reckon them Chinese hackers are hiring Indians and Pakistanis to do their international hacking for them ? What say ?

You know not of what you speak concerning those folks. But I will say that the Indians and Pakis are stellar at it.

LOL. You lost your argument right there. Hackers LMFAO

DumbAZZ look at the development teams of Google,Apple and any other large software company and count the Indians on their development staff vs Chinese. Go ahead and get back to me. You do not know who you are arguing with HOSSFLY.

I have.

One might ask you the same and at what locations and for what duration.

Your sample size appears to be micro in scope.

How would you know ?

I have.

But it's still a whole number greater than zero.

What languages were they fluent in ? How long ago and for what application?

DumbAZZ look at the development teams of Google,Apple and any other large software company and count the Indians on their development staff vs Chinese. Go ahead and get back to me. You do not know who you are arguing with HOSSFLY.

I’m back to you,
Google, Apple, etc. you reckon that security is an issue with the Chinese maybe and as it applies to visas, intellectual security?

Doesn’t mean that the Chinese can’t do the job or are not capable. Put another way you don’t know what you don’t know and that’s being kind.

Yours is a very small view. I do know that I’m arguing with a pompous assed know it all red neck.
nerd alert

laugh
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
nerd alert

laugh

Could be. Could well be.

I’m back to you,
Google, Apple, etc. you reckon that security is an issue with the Chinese maybe and as it applies to visas, intellectual security?

Doesn’t mean that the Chinese can’t do the job or are not capable. Put another way you don’t know what you don’t know and that’s being kind.

Yours is a very small view. I do know that I’m arguing with a pompous assed know it all red neck.

I

Thats why they steal our intellectual property and technology because they are smarter then us? Eh?

You have no idea of who you are arguing with , no idea of my qualifications or experiences to make the statements I have made but I am spot on and you are dead wrong.

You best STFU and listen and stop typing.
Low labor cost production has been fleeing China for more than 5 years as labor costs in China started escalating. Textiles, shoes, that sort of stuff started moving to "new" cheap labor areas such as Bangladesh and Vietnam.

The tariffs introduced a level of uncertainty into the supply chains that nobody had ever accounted for in their production costing spreadsheets. Now this corona thing. Two black swan events in less than two years.

The move to China, 30 years ago, started with some low costs manufacturers, and then it became fashionable. It would not surprise me if the new fashion will become "supply chain hardening", where companies no longer allow any country (or even region) to dominate / control their supply chain. It would be the logical strategic next "in" thing to do.

I’m back to you,

I

Thats why they steal our intellectual property and technology because they are smarter then us? Eh?

You have no idea of who you are arguing with , no idea of my qualifications or experiences to make the statements I have made but I am spot on and you are dead wrong.

You best STFU and listen and stop typing.

Typical bullscchhitt artist who throws his hands in the air and exclaims “I won”. You have a field of view about as wide as a 10x 20mm leupold.

Tell me, do you think that your beloveds, the Indians, don’t steal intellectual property? You can answer in Urdu if it’ll make it easier for you as you are no doubt most fluent in it ?
Originally Posted by Dutch
Low labor cost production has been fleeing China for more than 5 years as labor costs in China started escalating. Textiles, shoes, that sort of stuff started moving to "new" cheap labor areas such as Bangladesh and Vietnam.

The tariffs introduced a level of uncertainty into the supply chains that nobody had ever accounted for in their production costing spreadsheets. Now this corona thing. Two black swan events in less than two years.

The move to China, 30 years ago, started with some low costs manufacturers, and then it became fashionable. It would not surprise me if the new fashion will become "supply chain hardening", where companies no longer allow any country (or even region) to dominate / control their supply chain. It would be the logical strategic next "in" thing to do.

Ding Ding we have a winner. China is not running a spin campaign for nothing, they have a lot on the line with this last fiasco. China themselves are investing in other countries .
Trump has told them, either they move themselves back or he will.
Originally Posted by Dutch

Ding Ding we have a winner. China is not running a spin campaign for nothing, they have a lot on the line with this last fiasco. China themselves are investing in other countries .

It’s called the “China First “ policy. Apparently we managed to learn something from them.

Tell us about India, how many times you’ve been there, how long of a duration did you stay, rotational or in country full time?
Typical bullscchhitt artist who throws his hands in the air and exclaims “I won”. You have a field of view about as wide as a 10x 20mm leupold.

Tell me, do you think that your beloveds, the Indians, don’t steal intellectual property? You can answer in Urdu if it’ll make it easier for you as you are no doubt most fluent in it ?

You know nothing about me absolutely nothing and it speaks volumes about you to even infer you do. Yeah I am arguing with a Bullchitt artist and I should know better then to argue with a slug.

You lost when you said Pakistan and India in the same breath in your first crap infested statement. If you knew anything you would know the animosity that exists between those 2 groups.

I have worked with Development teams from 4 continents for starters numbering thousands of developers. . I have a very firm grasp on what quality code is and is not and who gets things done. I will go no further with this argument.

You know nothing about me absolutely nothing and it speaks volumes about you to even infer you do. Yeah I am arguing with a Bullchitt artist and I should know better then to argue with a slug.

You lost when you said Pakistan and India in the same breath in your first crap infested statement. If you knew anything you would know the animosity that exists between those 2 groups.

I have worked with Development teams from 4 continents for starters numbering thousands of developers. . I have a very firm grasp on what quality code is and is not and who gets things done. I will go no further with this argument.

Yet more hands in the air and “ I won”.

When it comes to coding and programming you’re cutting the Pakistanis short by a long shot. No one implied that they don’t have animosity towards each other. I’ve worked in both countries.

You might have a firm grasp on “code” but small else I’d offer in your behalf.

You seem incapable of answering simple, direct questions. I guess I should get a chinaman or paki to code it such that you could politely answer but doubt that you’re capable to do so.
Too computer nerds fighting over which schithole holes schit better......

When it comes to coding and programming you’re cutting the Pakistanis short by a long shot. No one implied that they don’t have animosity towards each other. I’ve worked in both countries.

You seem incapable of answering simple, direct questions. I guess I should get a chinaman or paki to code it such that you could politely answer but doubt that you’re capable to do so.

I never implied they could not code where did I say that? They developed a nuclear program and didn't need scientists stealing secrets out of Los Alamos to accomplish that, although they had some Russian help. Indians have a similar program.

I will return answers in the same spirit as the questions asked. I am short and sweet on my answers, always have been. Furthermore I very rarely if ever go into depth about my life and work on a internet site for a lot of different and good reasons .

Have a good evening. This conversation has gone on too long .

I never implied they could not code where did I say that? They developed a nuclear program and didn't need scientists stealing secrets out of Los Alamos to accomplish that, although they had some Russian help. Indians have a similar program.

I will return answers in the same spirit as the questions asked. I am short and sweet on my answers, always have been. Furthermore I very rarely if ever go into depth about my life and work on a internet site for a lot of different and good reasons .

Have a good evening. This conversation has gone on too long .

Top secret, no doubt but you say so much for one who doesn’t talk much about himself. Your answers haven’t been short nor sweet, btw and that spirit you mentioned is a shared one.

You, too, enjoy your evening,, wrapped in your sari.
Grins
Originally Posted by jackmountain

You’ve been to both places, no doubt ?

You summed it up nicely. Now, what is anyone going to do about it. The only hope we have is that Mr. Trump gets re-elected and maybe he will go after hillary and bill for being the trailer trash they are.

kwg
Originally Posted by kwg020

You summed it up nicely. Now, what is anyone going to do about it. The only hope we have is that Mr. Trump gets re-elected and maybe he will go after hillary and bill for being the trailer trash they are.

kwg

If Biden gets elected status quo remains the same. He will have a TPP signed before anyone can blink an eye.

kwg

Waiting on Mr. Barr.
If the powers which be gave a damn about America,...they never would have moved them out in the first place.

Don't hold your breath while you wait for the people in charge to make your world proper.

They're the ones that fugged it up,....and they knew that it was going to fug it up when they did it.

True, but corporations that are not focused on profit, don’t last long.
And Americans are buying china stuff, cause it’s cheaper, if not far cheaper, thanUSA made.

Just saying, these are true.
If the jobs have to be in a cheap labor country, I’d much rather see them in Brazil, Columbia or Mexico than China. May help our immigration problem and I’d much rather see friendly countries benefit from the economic impact rather than an oppressive, dangerous, communist state.

Which of course, is why *you've* never shopped at Walmart, or Amazon, or bought a foreign car.

You can tell which one is lying by a quick glance at the noses.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
If the powers which be gave a damn about America,...they never would have moved them out in the first place.

Don't hold your breath while you wait for the people in charge to make your world proper.

They're the ones that fugged it up,....and they knew that it was going to fug it up when they did it.

This,,and amen, which is why they did it.

kwg

Waiting on Mr. Barr.

You failed to connect the damned dots, damnit, OT. wink

March madness. Its being done.
Originally Posted by Bristoe

This,,and amen, which is why they did it.

This is how the Rothschilds made their vast fortunes all you goyim suckers.
Originally Posted by Stickfight

You can tell which one is lying by a quick glance at the noses.

You nose not what you nose.
There are people keeping note as we debate this on what is working and what is not. They already recognize and are considering options for improving disease surveillance te provide more timely warnings of potential threats and studying what we know and how we acquired that knowledge about these emerging diseases. There's a lot of money in that knowledge.

Covid 19 is not just costing our economy a lot of money, it's hitting the same way everywhere. International competition requires we along with everyone else either learn from this or suffer from what the ignorance costs us. If you think Pharma is not looking at this with an eye towards trying to figure out how to be the first out with tests and vaccines you are being very short sighted. Not only are they doing that, they are also creating an threat to us and the rest of the world by trying to find ways to obtain samples to work with faster and moving the samples to their labs.

This is basic business 101. Diversify supply and do not get single sourced. Know what's important to know before the competition does. Create plan to make those things happen.
FYI, .10/hour ain't slave wages, they are being paid!
Originally Posted by GreggH
GreggH

And English is a common language in India, per years of British colonial presence. So, many Indians speak English, well sort of... wink.

Don't sell them short on smarts. Their top tier, IMO, would match Chinese top tier. Both nations have some exceptionally bright people.

DF
© 24hourcampfire