Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Cheap/slave labor isn't the only reason companies went to China. There's EPA regulations, OSHA regulations, union labor demands, burocratic red tape, high taxes, etc.,etc.
They might leave China but I doubt many come back here

+1. There has been a lot of movement to India in the past few months. Indian Prime minister met with Trump a few months ago. They are smarter then the Chinese and are not warmongers. It will be very very interesting.

They are not smarter than the Chinese.

Don't even go there. I have been in IT for 40 years, I have never ever seen a Chinee that can code .

I will go there hossfly. I worked with many to the point of all of it being done in-house.

Ya reckon them Chinese hackers are hiring Indians and Pakistanis to do their international hacking for them ? What say ?

You know not of what you speak concerning those folks. But I will say that the Indians and Pakis are stellar at it.

LOL. You lost your argument right there. Hackers LMFAO

DumbAZZ look at the development teams of Google,Apple and any other large software company and count the Indians on their development staff vs Chinese. Go ahead and get back to me. You do not know who you are arguing with HOSSFLY.

I’m back to you,
Google, Apple, etc. you reckon that security is an issue with the Chinese maybe and as it applies to visas, intellectual security?

Doesn’t mean that the Chinese can’t do the job or are not capable. Put another way you don’t know what you don’t know and that’s being kind.

Yours is a very small view. I do know that I’m arguing with a pompous assed know it all red neck.

I

Thats why they steal our intellectual property and technology because they are smarter then us? Eh?

You have no idea of who you are arguing with , no idea of my qualifications or experiences to make the statements I have made but I am spot on and you are dead wrong.

You best STFU and listen and stop typing.

Typical bullscchhitt artist who throws his hands in the air and exclaims “I won”. You have a field of view about as wide as a 10x 20mm leupold.

Tell me, do you think that your beloveds, the Indians, don’t steal intellectual property? You can answer in Urdu if it’ll make it easier for you as you are no doubt most fluent in it ?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Dutch
Low labor cost production has been fleeing China for more than 5 years as labor costs in China started escalating. Textiles, shoes, that sort of stuff started moving to "new" cheap labor areas such as Bangladesh and Vietnam.

The tariffs introduced a level of uncertainty into the supply chains that nobody had ever accounted for in their production costing spreadsheets. Now this corona thing. Two black swan events in less than two years.

The move to China, 30 years ago, started with some low costs manufacturers, and then it became fashionable. It would not surprise me if the new fashion will become "supply chain hardening", where companies no longer allow any country (or even region) to dominate / control their supply chain. It would be the logical strategic next "in" thing to do.

Ding Ding we have a winner. China is not running a spin campaign for nothing, they have a lot on the line with this last fiasco. China themselves are investing in other countries .

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Trump has told them, either they move themselves back or he will.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Dutch
Low labor cost production has been fleeing China for more than 5 years as labor costs in China started escalating. Textiles, shoes, that sort of stuff started moving to "new" cheap labor areas such as Bangladesh and Vietnam.

The tariffs introduced a level of uncertainty into the supply chains that nobody had ever accounted for in their production costing spreadsheets. Now this corona thing. Two black swan events in less than two years.

The move to China, 30 years ago, started with some low costs manufacturers, and then it became fashionable. It would not surprise me if the new fashion will become "supply chain hardening", where companies no longer allow any country (or even region) to dominate / control their supply chain. It would be the logical strategic next "in" thing to do.

Ding Ding we have a winner. China is not running a spin campaign for nothing, they have a lot on the line with this last fiasco. China themselves are investing in other countries .

It’s called the “China First “ policy. Apparently we managed to learn something from them.

Tell us about India, how many times you’ve been there, how long of a duration did you stay, rotational or in country full time?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Typical bullscchhitt artist who throws his hands in the air and exclaims “I won”. You have a field of view about as wide as a 10x 20mm leupold.

Tell me, do you think that your beloveds, the Indians, don’t steal intellectual property? You can answer in Urdu if it’ll make it easier for you as you are no doubt most fluent in it ?

You know nothing about me absolutely nothing and it speaks volumes about you to even infer you do. Yeah I am arguing with a Bullchitt artist and I should know better then to argue with a slug.

You lost when you said Pakistan and India in the same breath in your first crap infested statement. If you knew anything you would know the animosity that exists between those 2 groups.

I have worked with Development teams from 4 continents for starters numbering thousands of developers. . I have a very firm grasp on what quality code is and is not and who gets things done. I will go no further with this argument.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

You know nothing about me absolutely nothing and it speaks volumes about you to even infer you do. Yeah I am arguing with a Bullchitt artist and I should know better then to argue with a slug.

You lost when you said Pakistan and India in the same breath in your first crap infested statement. If you knew anything you would know the animosity that exists between those 2 groups.

I have worked with Development teams from 4 continents for starters numbering thousands of developers. . I have a very firm grasp on what quality code is and is not and who gets things done. I will go no further with this argument.

Yet more hands in the air and “ I won”.

When it comes to coding and programming you’re cutting the Pakistanis short by a long shot. No one implied that they don’t have animosity towards each other. I’ve worked in both countries.

You might have a firm grasp on “code” but small else I’d offer in your behalf.

You seem incapable of answering simple, direct questions. I guess I should get a chinaman or paki to code it such that you could politely answer but doubt that you’re capable to do so.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Too computer nerds fighting over which schithole holes schit better......

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

When it comes to coding and programming you’re cutting the Pakistanis short by a long shot. No one implied that they don’t have animosity towards each other. I’ve worked in both countries.

You seem incapable of answering simple, direct questions. I guess I should get a chinaman or paki to code it such that you could politely answer but doubt that you’re capable to do so.

I never implied they could not code where did I say that? They developed a nuclear program and didn't need scientists stealing secrets out of Los Alamos to accomplish that, although they had some Russian help. Indians have a similar program.

I will return answers in the same spirit as the questions asked. I am short and sweet on my answers, always have been. Furthermore I very rarely if ever go into depth about my life and work on a internet site for a lot of different and good reasons .

Have a good evening. This conversation has gone on too long .

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I never implied they could not code where did I say that? They developed a nuclear program and didn't need scientists stealing secrets out of Los Alamos to accomplish that, although they had some Russian help. Indians have a similar program.

I will return answers in the same spirit as the questions asked. I am short and sweet on my answers, always have been. Furthermore I very rarely if ever go into depth about my life and work on a internet site for a lot of different and good reasons .

Have a good evening. This conversation has gone on too long .

Top secret, no doubt but you say so much for one who doesn’t talk much about himself. Your answers haven’t been short nor sweet, btw and that spirit you mentioned is a shared one.

You, too, enjoy your evening,, wrapped in your sari.
Grins

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jackmountain

You’ve been to both places, no doubt ?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/01/trump-ordered-us-firms-to-ditch-china-but-many-already-have.html

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/M...nufacturing-exodus-as-50-companies-leave

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...ging-most-jobs-back-to-america/36438051/

This is why the left and DNC fought tooth and nail to stop Trumps USMCA TRADE DEAL. THEY HAD SOLD US OUT TO CHINA.

As I said before, Feinstein and Piglosi sold out for millions a long time ago. Bill sold out for Chinagate. Hunter Biden sold out for Joe for a $1 billion deal. Hillary had open computers for them. She wasnt hacked. She sold us out on purpose. That's why she had to bleach 33,000 emails. Trump has the goods on her. That's why he said shed be in jail. That's why she said if that bastard won they would all hang. Feinstein knew for 20 years her office mgr was a spy. Said he was a driver.

You summed it up nicely. Now, what is anyone going to do about it. The only hope we have is that Mr. Trump gets re-elected and maybe he will go after hillary and bill for being the trailer trash they are.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by kwg020
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/01/trump-ordered-us-firms-to-ditch-china-but-many-already-have.html

This is why the left and DNC fought tooth and nail to stop Trumps USMCA TRADE DEAL. THEY HAD SOLD US OUT TO CHINA.

As I said before, Feinstein and Piglosi sold out for millions a long time ago. Bill sold out for Chinagate. Hunter Biden sold out for Joe for a $1 billion deal. Hillary had open computers for them. She wasnt hacked. She sold us out on purpose. That's why she had to bleach 33,000 emails. Trump has the goods on her. That's why he said shed be in jail. That's why she said if that bastard won they would all hang. Feinstein knew for 20 years her office mgr was a spy. Said he was a driver.

You summed it up nicely. Now, what is anyone going to do about it. The only hope we have is that Mr. Trump gets re-elected and maybe he will go after hillary and bill for being the trailer trash they are.

kwg

If Biden gets elected status quo remains the same. He will have a TPP signed before anyone can blink an eye.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

kwg

Waiting on Mr. Barr.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
If the powers which be gave a damn about America,...they never would have moved them out in the first place.

Don't hold your breath while you wait for the people in charge to make your world proper.

They're the ones that fugged it up,....and they knew that it was going to fug it up when they did it.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by elelbean
That's the sad part. Profit over country and countrymen

True, but corporations that are not focused on profit, don’t last long.
And Americans are buying china stuff, cause it’s cheaper, if not far cheaper, thanUSA made.

Just saying, these are true.

NRA Patron
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If the jobs have to be in a cheap labor country, I’d much rather see them in Brazil, Columbia or Mexico than China. May help our immigration problem and I’d much rather see friendly countries benefit from the economic impact rather than an oppressive, dangerous, communist state.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by elelbean
That's the sad part. Profit over country and countrymen

Which of course, is why *you've* never shopped at Walmart, or Amazon, or bought a foreign car.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain

You can tell which one is lying by a quick glance at the noses.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe
If the powers which be gave a damn about America,...they never would have moved them out in the first place.

Don't hold your breath while you wait for the people in charge to make your world proper.

They're the ones that fugged it up,....and they knew that it was going to fug it up when they did it.

This,,and amen, which is why they did it.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

kwg

Waiting on Mr. Barr.

You failed to connect the damned dots, damnit, OT. wink

March madness. Its being done.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (160user, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 117LBS, 12344mag, 69 invisible), 2,630 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,387
Posts18,527,654
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.