Home
Posted By: Redneck G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
He's basically warning about a "run" on all banks.. Advises taking yer cash outta the banks and stashing it...

Consensus - valid or not? Or just adding to the fear factor??

IMHO, the latter applies. You?
Posted By: KFWA Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
I don't know how you define a run but I was at the bank on Saturday and asked the teller, she told me they had heavy traffic of people getting cash
Posted By: shaman Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
Mister Beck's "Mercury Theatre" is a nod to the radio program that broadcast "The War of the Worlds" in 1937. It claims to be the intersection of information and entertainment. I'd say that says it all.
Posted By: Calvin Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
Who knows. Beck has certainly had his kook moments. But a broke clock is right a few times a day.
He needs a tin foil hat.
People are trying their best to create mass hysteria. The sad thing is too many people are buying into it. Make sure you guys have plenty of toilet paper..!!!
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
People are trying their best to create mass hysteria. The sad thing is too many people are buying into it. Make sure you guys have plenty of toilet paper..!!!

Maybe that's why folks are pulling cash out?
Glen Beck hasn't been valid since the 1990's- - - - -maybe longer than that!
Jerry
Posted By: Potsy Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
I pulled a grand out the other day. Not much, but if we need it, we have it, and I’ve not kept a “gun show stash” in a while if we don’t.

I did shuffle some money from checking (where we do everything) to savings (where we do nothing but move money out to checking) just because I figure if security crashes, our savings account might be a bit harder for thieves to get to.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
Long been a believer in having cash available

Banks closed on Sunday’s but you can still post bail on Sunday 🤷🏻‍♂️

Only been warranted once, but that’s enough

Daughters bf, knocked her cell phone out of her hand & broke it while she was trying to call mom to come get her.

Figured it was time for a daddy visit.

Poor lil fella called my wife later telling her if I ever came back he was calling the law

She said he got real quiet when she told him, he always leaves me w bail money

Always good to have some cash around if you have folks you love
Posted By: horse1 Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
Only reason there'd be a run on cash @ the bank would be if electronic payment systems crashed.

I'm not saying that's not part of this manufactured crisis' plan, either.
I loaned a lifetime friend 2k to spring one of his friends from jail on Sunday. Got it back Monday evening with $50 extra. Didn't ask for it, the dude just appreciated it.
Yes, keep some cash around. It can be real handy.
Posted By: Whiptail Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20

We may need all that cash to wipe with which is all it may be worth when the government is finished.
Posted By: 40O Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
Those days are past. I use online pay for just about everything. Even at stores. You think businesses are going to stop taking debit/visa? That's about the same time they stop taking cash and start bartering. Think your gold is good? Can't eat gold, drink good, or whip you see with it. By the time businesses stop taking cards we'll be in a barter system and you'll be needing a big wheelbarrow to haul your chickens, booze, and bullets to the market to trade with.

Which is not to say you shouldn't always have a little cash laying around. Never know when someone is going to start selling nice hunting rifles dirt cheap, cash only. Remember the last scare? How many offers did you get to trade a nice hunting rifle/shotgun for a pos cheapass ar15?

Redistribution of the wealth isn't a once in awhile legislative thing, it's an everyday occurance for the stupid.

Be safe out there and don't buy stupid.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
I mean why? Sure, you need to keep some cash about if electronic stuff fails so that you can buy groceries and the like. But if the electronic stuff fails, things like house payments, car payments, and just about everything else you make monthly payments on will be down too. Of course, you couldn’t even buy groceries with cash at most stores nowadays if there was some sort of system wide electronic failure.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
What good is a pickup load of cash, when the economy is tanked, and there's nothing in stores to buy?

This fugtard panic needs to stop. Don't participate.
Posted By: nealglen37 Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
The only reason they once had run on banks in the 1920's is the money was not backed by the fed, now at least 90% up to 100,000 is insured. If you don't trust the government, then you don't trust the dollar that it backs.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
What good is a pickup load of cash, when the economy is tanked, and there's nothing in stores to buy?

PREZACTLY!!!
Pretty sure it was 1934 when we dropped the gold standard.

I haven't hear that Beck monologue, but I would tend to disagree.

If you want to cause problems in your community, and deal with a small local bank then pulling a bunch of cash out is a great way to do that..

I wouldn't have much respect for someone of that ilk.

Personally I like cash as a transaction medium, but I get the feeling most on the campfire could do pretty well under a barter system. Technical know how is a pretty good skill in times of trouble...all the more reason Bloomberg/Clinton/DNC are out of touch.
They love people that they can scare.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
People are just entirely too willing to be convinced that the end is here. It's engrained in pop culture promoted by the boob tube.

Geeze...just stay calm.
Posted By: jbmi Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
Just got back from my CU, asked them how's business with all the BS going on, they said SLOW, had all the money on hand that I needed.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
Oh yeah: and Glen Beck is an idiot.
Posted By: 16bore Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
Glenn just looking for we-toldja-so’s...
Posted By: dassa Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
Originally Posted by jbmi
Just got back from my CU, asked them how's business with all the BS going on, they said SLOW, had all the money on hand that I needed.

That's cool! My bank limits me to what I have in my account. I need a lot more than that.
I never realized how dependent I've become on plastic until I got 100 miles from home on a 300-mile business trip, low on gas, and discovered I had left my billfold at home. There was no way I could have even gotten any money wired to me- - - - -no photo ID! Fortunately, I did have my cell phone- - - - -daughter drove up with the billfold in the middle of the night! Now I keep $100.00 in cash in the locked glove box. Also got a spare 9MM under the back seat!
Jerry
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
Originally Posted by RiverRider

He's insane.

Don't know what drove him insane, but something did.

Probably liberals. grin
cash becomes less important because you have fewer family owned businesses. The small business owner can take cash. may larger companies will or won't take cash, to much temptation for salaried workers pocketing much of it.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Jerry

^^^THIS^^^ Glen Beck makes Sean Hannity look legitimate..........lol. No different from the liberal news media, in that they love a good crisis.
Posted By: reivertom Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
If it gets that bad, cash will be worthless pretty soon anyway. It's not backed with gold like it was n the 1930s.
Posted By: boatammo Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
22lr won't be
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Long been a believer in having cash available

Banks closed on Sunday’s but you can still post bail on Sunday 🤷🏻‍♂️

Only been warranted once, but that’s enough

Daughters bf, knocked her cell phone out of her hand & broke it while she was trying to call mom to come get her.

Figured it was time for a daddy visit.

Poor lil fella called my wife later telling her if I ever came back he was calling the law

She said he got real quiet when she told him, he always leaves me w bail money

Always good to have some cash around if you have folks you love
Hahaha, that's great Randy!
Posted By: Redneck Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Jerry

^^^THIS^^^ Glen Beck makes Sean Hannity look legitimate..........lol. No different from the liberal news media, in that they love a good crisis.
Agreed... But that's why I asked the original question.... I figured I was right... laugh
limited to $2500, was told had to come back for the rest.
Posted By: las Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
I was in Friday putting a check in.. No one else there. Maybe they were out of cash.

Heck, they will just print more.

Still a good idea to keep a few real bucks on hand.

Haven't watched Beck since shortly after he sobered up. smile
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
Originally Posted by RiverRider

He's insane.

Don't know what drove him insane, but something did.

Probably liberals. grin

Maybe, but is running any sales on that gold he pushes?
Posted By: DougD Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
That would do it.
Glen is a neurotic nut. He comes around about every six months to claim "The sky is falling" for one reason, or another.
Todays apocalyptic warning, "Get your cash from the bank." And I'll bet his sidekick Stu agrees with him 100 percent. They always agree.
I don't take him too seriously.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
Two comments. I was shopping yesterday when the power went out for about a half hour. The store people said that they could not do anything. I told them that I had cash. The reply was that they could not record anything. Duh! When the power returned, people were told that it would take about a half hour for the credit card processing system to be back online, but that they could take cash. People were scrambling to find cash. P.S. My Verizon phone had service the entire time.

Second, I was at my bank today and the branch manager told me that there had been no run on cash, but that they had received word that the national office was sending more cash to its branches.
If you were in a big chain shop they may chase for a short term, but not long. If they used cash long term everyone would want a cut, the delivery driver, the stocker, the person who checks people out. After that the people who take cash to the bank would be robbed.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
Nobody is going to want to take any cash unless it's a crispy new bill.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
You money isn't held in cash anyway. It's just numbers in a computer's memory.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20

Us all saying that won’t change a thing . It’ll persist and cash ain’t trash by any measure and at any time.

Jmo, Rbb.
I used to catch his show before he went weird.
Isnt he a shill for one of those Gold purchasing companies? See,s they ran a commercial often.
Posted By: Teal Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
If it really hits the fan, cash is useless. Can't eat it and it doesn't cure the bug.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Nobody is going to want to take any cash unless it's a crispy new bill.

Send me all of your old, wrinkled ones. I’m collecting those.
Originally Posted by teal
If it really hits the fan, cash is useless. Can't eat it and it doesn't cure the bug.

Heh.
Posted By: 700LH Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
Beck, just another nutcase talking head feeding the panic,
Posted By: Milwroad Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
When will the nonsense stop? It is not just us little guys though scrambling for cash. Last week the treasury market almost collapsed as there were way more sellers than buyers. Federal Reserve had to enter as a buyer. Those with cool heads will make a lot of money taking advantage of this hysteria. This will pass and order restored. Much better off investing in stocks that took a hit than toilet paper.
Originally Posted by 700LH

At one time he did have a really good research team. That was his high point.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
"They" say that a lot of folks could not raise $400.00 in an emergency.
So, who is taking all the cash out of banks?
Posted By: jaguartx Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
I never realized how dependent I've become on plastic until I got 100 miles from home on a 300-mile business trip, low on gas, and discovered I had left my billfold at home. There was no way I could have even gotten any money wired to me- - - - -no photo ID! Fortunately, I did have my cell phone- - - - -daughter drove up with the billfold in the middle of the night! Now I keep $100.00 in cash in the locked glove box. Also got a spare 9MM under the back seat!
Jerry

Yep, you can almost always get cash with a 9mm. grin
Originally Posted by Redneck
He's basically warning about a "run" on all banks.. Advises taking yer cash outta the banks and stashing it...

Not valid.

Our banks are in great shape. Fed announced they will provide "all the liquidity needed".

Friday Fed announced 700 billion in quantitative easing.

This is not a financial crisis.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Not valid.

Our banks are in great shape. Fed announced they will provide "all the liquidity needed".

Friday Fed announced 700 billion in quantitative easing.

This is not a financial crisis.

You are dead center correct.
Originally Posted by TBREW401
"They" say that a lot of folks could not raise $400.00 in an emergency.
So, who is taking all the cash out of banks?

Loans ?
Posted By: 5sdad Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
People are trying their best to create mass hysteria....

And a great number of them are attempting to do it on here.
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20

Glen Beck is just trying to use this crisis to fleece his listeners into filling "his pockets" with gold, from the ad revenue and commissions he receives from the gold sponsors to his radio program.
Posted By: memtb Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/16/20

Glenn Beck has been right more than he’s been wrong. He was talking of A Caliphate years before it actually happened, just to name one thing. Banks are presently limiting money withdrawals in some places, as I type this! memtb
Originally Posted by 700LH

PREZACTLY !!!
I always think of Jim Jones, when someone brings up Glen Beck.....wearing those dark Ray bans and rambling incoherently on his microphone while his followers cry and blubber while drinking the poisoned kool-aid.

Like someone else said, at some point, something in his brain snapped. I seriously think it had a lot to do with the fame he gained in a short period of time.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/17/20
Jerry

Listening to anything Glen Beck says requires putting your BS filter setting on hi-gain.
Posted By: JRaw Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/17/20
Back before he disappeared from cable news, I remember thinking that his mannerisms, speech techniques, feigned outrage, and other nonverbal cues were identical to Rachel Maddow.

And you never saw them together. Hmmmmm....
Posted By: local_dirt Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/17/20
Jerry

I do listen to him occasionally in the evening between 6 and 7 pm when he's on, If I'm still in the truck by that time a day.. It is hard to forget his laying on the floor routine, though.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/17/20
I always like to have some cash around. One time I took the kids to a thing at the zoo. They had a credit card line about 200 yards long and a cash line with none in it. We walked past everyone else and did the cash line. I couldn't believe that out of all those people no one else had cash.

I probably will go pull out a couple of grand. Drs told my to quarantine the whole house so it might be handy to have more cash around if this lasts a while. I could leave some on the step and the neighbors will go get stuff.

I've got to get all the immunosuppressants and steroids out of my system. Its after 1:00 am and I'm wide awake from pain so I think it must be clearing out. Struggling not to take some prednisone.

Bb
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/17/20
Good gawd Glenn F'ing Beck!
Posted By: RayF Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/17/20
Food for thought:

1. Banks operate using fractional reserves, so they only have to hold 10% of what they claim they have in our collective balances.

2. The theory that going from our current methods of debit and credit cards to armageddon is just as whackadoodle as believing we’re heading to armageddon at all. Is the potential of banks temporarily stopping all lines of credit (i.e. bank holiday) that unfathomable?

3. Given the behavior of people buying TP, are we saying a run on the bank absolutely won’t happen if a bank holiday occurs?

Remember Greece.
Posted By: bhemry Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/17/20
Food for thought:

1. Banks operate using fractional reserves, so they only have to hold 10% of what they claim they have in our collective balances.

What I heard Glenn Beck saying yesterday that concerned him was that they just changed this to 0%.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/17/20
Originally Posted by memtb

Banks are presently limiting money withdrawals in some places, as I type this! memtb

I'd be interested in seeing a source for this, as I haven't heard/read that anywhere yet.
Posted By: cfran Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/17/20

Guys like Beck should be fired for stirring the pot and causing civil unrest. Can’t imagine there are people stupid enough to listen to this ass hat.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/17/20
Originally Posted by bhemry
Food for thought:

What I heard Glenn Beck saying yesterday that concerned him was that they just changed this to 0%.

Glenn Beck is a very valuable source of information and not at all a BS artist. His understanding of the banking system is unparalleled, wonderful of him to share it.
Posted By: memtb Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/17/20

Can’t find it now....probably should have “not” believed or repeated, what I read on the internet! mad
Posted By: cfran Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/17/20
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by bhemry
Food for thought:

Glenn Beck is a very valuable source of information and not at all a BS artist. So brave of him to talk about this. His understanding of the banking system is unparalleled, wonderful of him to share it.

Really? Are you a regular listener of his programming? He’s never a valuable source of info, in fact by you saying as much tells me everything I need to know about you. Carry on.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/17/20
Originally Posted by cfran
Really? Are you a regular listener of his programming?

No and no.
Posted By: RayF Re: G. Beck, valid or not? - 03/17/20
Originally Posted by cfran
Really? Are you a regular listener of his programming?

Never listened to his podcast. Saw his show a few times when he was on Fox. I don’t put much stock in any media talking head, but he lost what little attention I paid him when he started crying on the air. Despite that, however, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

The point of my post is: With everything we’ve witnessed in the past few weeks, is a run on the bank that unimaginable?
© 24hourcampfire