Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
He's basically warning about a "run" on all banks.. Advises taking yer cash outta the banks and stashing it...

Consensus - valid or not? Or just adding to the fear factor??

IMHO, the latter applies. You?

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know how you define a run but I was at the bank on Saturday and asked the teller, she told me they had heavy traffic of people getting cash

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mister Beck's "Mercury Theatre" is a nod to the radio program that broadcast "The War of the Worlds" in 1937. It claims to be the intersection of information and entertainment. I'd say that says it all.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Who knows. Beck has certainly had his kook moments. But a broke clock is right a few times a day.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
He needs a tin foil hat.

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
People are trying their best to create mass hysteria. The sad thing is too many people are buying into it. Make sure you guys have plenty of toilet paper..!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
People are trying their best to create mass hysteria. The sad thing is too many people are buying into it. Make sure you guys have plenty of toilet paper..!!!

Maybe that's why folks are pulling cash out?

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Glen Beck hasn't been valid since the 1990's- - - - -maybe longer than that!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
I pulled a grand out the other day. Not much, but if we need it, we have it, and I’ve not kept a “gun show stash” in a while if we don’t.

I did shuffle some money from checking (where we do everything) to savings (where we do nothing but move money out to checking) just because I figure if security crashes, our savings account might be a bit harder for thieves to get to.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Long been a believer in having cash available

Banks closed on Sunday’s but you can still post bail on Sunday 🤷🏻‍♂️

Only been warranted once, but that’s enough

Daughters bf, knocked her cell phone out of her hand & broke it while she was trying to call mom to come get her.

Figured it was time for a daddy visit.

Poor lil fella called my wife later telling her if I ever came back he was calling the law

She said he got real quiet when she told him, he always leaves me w bail money

Always good to have some cash around if you have folks you love

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Only reason there'd be a run on cash @ the bank would be if electronic payment systems crashed.

I'm not saying that's not part of this manufactured crisis' plan, either.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I loaned a lifetime friend 2k to spring one of his friends from jail on Sunday. Got it back Monday evening with $50 extra. Didn't ask for it, the dude just appreciated it.
Yes, keep some cash around. It can be real handy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

We may need all that cash to wipe with which is all it may be worth when the government is finished.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Those days are past. I use online pay for just about everything. Even at stores. You think businesses are going to stop taking debit/visa? That's about the same time they stop taking cash and start bartering. Think your gold is good? Can't eat gold, drink good, or whip you see with it. By the time businesses stop taking cards we'll be in a barter system and you'll be needing a big wheelbarrow to haul your chickens, booze, and bullets to the market to trade with.

Which is not to say you shouldn't always have a little cash laying around. Never know when someone is going to start selling nice hunting rifles dirt cheap, cash only. Remember the last scare? How many offers did you get to trade a nice hunting rifle/shotgun for a pos cheapass ar15?

Redistribution of the wealth isn't a once in awhile legislative thing, it's an everyday occurance for the stupid.

Be safe out there and don't buy stupid.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I mean why? Sure, you need to keep some cash about if electronic stuff fails so that you can buy groceries and the like. But if the electronic stuff fails, things like house payments, car payments, and just about everything else you make monthly payments on will be down too. Of course, you couldn’t even buy groceries with cash at most stores nowadays if there was some sort of system wide electronic failure.

Last edited by JoeBob; 03/16/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
What good is a pickup load of cash, when the economy is tanked, and there's nothing in stores to buy?

This fugtard panic needs to stop. Don't participate.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
The only reason they once had run on banks in the 1920's is the money was not backed by the fed, now at least 90% up to 100,000 is insured. If you don't trust the government, then you don't trust the dollar that it backs.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
What good is a pickup load of cash, when the economy is tanked, and there's nothing in stores to buy?

This fugtard panic needs to stop. Don't participate.

PREZACTLY!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Pretty sure it was 1934 when we dropped the gold standard.

I haven't hear that Beck monologue, but I would tend to disagree.

If you want to cause problems in your community, and deal with a small local bank then pulling a bunch of cash out is a great way to do that..

I wouldn't have much respect for someone of that ilk.

Personally I like cash as a transaction medium, but I get the feeling most on the campfire could do pretty well under a barter system. Technical know how is a pretty good skill in times of trouble...all the more reason Bloomberg/Clinton/DNC are out of touch.
They love people that they can scare.

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 03/16/20.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
People are just entirely too willing to be convinced that the end is here. It's engrained in pop culture promoted by the boob tube.

Geeze...just stay calm.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (16gage, 160user, 1Longbow, 1234, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 53 invisible), 2,469 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,427
Posts18,470,733
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.