Home

Trump said he was pushing through a "right to try" plan that would increase access to experimental drugs and vaccines. Key points:

- TRUMP SAYS FDA HAS APPROVED CHLOROQUINE FOR USE IN COVID-19
- TRUMP: FDA HAS APPROVED `COMPASSIONATE USE' FOR SOME PATIENTS
- TRIALS ARE UNDERWAY FOR NEW REMEDIES
- TRUMP SAYS PROMISING THERAPIES PRODUCED BY GILEAD

“President Trump announced on Thursday the US will IMMEDIATELY make the drug Chloroquine available to treat US coronavirus patients!

President Trump made the announcement at the daily Coronavirus press conference in the White House. The president added that chloroquine has shown, “very, very encouraging results” in treating the coronavirus!

New York Governor Cuomo has agreed to start using the drug in his state immediately!”

See:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...ry-very-encouraging-early-results-video/
Unavailable from both my wholesalers. Results may be encouraging, but toilet paper is easier to find in stock.

Watched most of this, was struck by Trump's manner and behaviour. Clear and to the point, and defered to the experts on his staff for both talking points and answers to questions. Sign of a leader. Short, clear answers, and let others speak as appropriate.
elderberries
Loved how he shut down the raciss idiot yesterday for calling it the Chinese Virus.
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

Watched most of this, was struck by Trump's manner and behaviour. Clear and to the point, and defered to the experts on his staff for both talking points and answers to questions. Sign of a leader. Short, clear answers, and let others speak as appropriate.

He was clear, calm, in command and did not shy from calling a spade a spade, i.e., "the Chinese virus".
He has a confident manner. I hope it helps calm the panic.
Originally Posted by hanco

Who believes a word out of his mouth?
Our hospital moved hydroxychloroquine into the vault a week ago so there would be none of it walking out the door. We are inventorying it just like a narcotic and it's under camera surveillance 24/7.
It MAY help in some cases. It's not a cureall.
I was up fairly early, on Fox business they presented a M.D. With the claim I. France 🇫🇷 they found flaquinell and z max ( an macrolide antibiotic) had astounding results.

The resident fox doctor agreed it had promise. My mother was on flaquinell for years as a lupus paitient. It caused vision problems, but hopefully they know that now.

It totally makes sense to me! Secondary pneumonia is what kills! Cover with antiobiotics early...always worked for me.
Great news!
MAGA!

More winning.
It could be the miracle we have been praying for. Let’s hope and pray so. If we can stem the tide and make everyone safe but especially our youngest and oldest...a miracle in its own
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe

Anyone with a brain.........Do carry on.

He's lied so little in office, he doesn't even rate being called a politician. How many other presidents have done what they promised like he has?
Chloroquine has been around for a very long time. Chances are if you knew someone who fought in the South Pacific or later on in RVN and contracted malaria, this is what they got. Now it's used mostly for RA, but there isn't a huge patient population for RA so there isn't a bunch on hand. DJT has directed them to ramp up production. It's been studied along with a couple other anti-virals to fight COVID-19 pneumonia - which is what people are dying from.

Hydroxychloroquine study has shown "rapid and effective speeding up of their healing process, and a sharp decrease in the amount of time they remained contagious". It's safer and more effective than chloroquine. Combining it with the antibiotic azithromycin, the number of those still carrying the COVID-19 virus at 6 days were just 5% of the patients. Pretty gawd-damned impressive.

Edited to add: No idea how much of the stuff is made in China. Could be the reason their death rate has diminished.
There have been several doctors on Fox news who've basically stated this is the cure, citing a study in France as well as ongoing studies in Australia and China. One was a doctor at a NY hospital with a sizable coronavirus patient population, and he seemed sold that chloroquin was the key. Laura Ingram talked to another doctor who described one case where it reversed a near death patient like he was Lazarus. Trump and his team have been discussing it in their briefings to the media and I've read that they're asking for ramp up in it's production. I have two doctors in my family who while they aren't treating coronavirus patients, have said that it's being widely used in treatments, almost as if it's the unofficial treatment / cure.

But I don't get it... if this does in fact have so much potential, why did the market tank again today? Why are we are shutting down entire states? Why are we allowing the economy to get wrecked? You'd think that some of this would start to get turned around with such a potential, even if it is just a potential. I understand that it hasn't gone through all the necessary clinical trials as a treatment for coronavirus but given what's at stake... our entire national solvency and supposedly tens of thousand of lives... you'd think they'd toss some caution to the wind. Especially since the drug has been around ~70 years and is well understood.

What am I missing here???

What flavor was the koolaide?
Because it doesn’t work until you actually get sick. Cure, not preventative.

That means there’s always a chance that they will not have enough of it. Enough people get sick all systems get strained.
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Because it doesn’t work until you actually get sick. Cure, not preventative.

That means there’s always a chance that they will not have enough of it. Enough people get sick all systems get strained.

Right, but all the more reason to kick things into gear and treat it with the utmost urgency. We're taking extreme measures with the Defense Production act for equipment and supplies. You'd think this would be at the top of the list, do whatever it takes now, to get production pumping as much of this stuff out as possible while the infected numbers are still manageable.

And there doesn't seem to be that kind of urgency, which is odd.
It’s on the way. I suspect the lack of chatter is simply waiting for supply to catch up. Imagine those in the hospitals clambering for it.” It will be available quickly and in great quantities.” I believe he’s doing everything that can be done.

It’s simple to make and can be done quickly. But quickly doesn’t mean right this second. This disease is not killing everyone it touches. The deathly sick will get If first. Then our precious young and elderly. Then us middle age a holes.

Give it a week boys. It’s a big world
Originally Posted by Quak
It’s on the way. I suspect the lack of chatter is simply waiting for supply to catch up. Imagine those in the hospitals clambering for it.” It will be available quickly and in great quantities.” I believe he’s doing everything that can be done.

It’s simple to make and can be done quickly. But quickly doesn’t mean right this second. This disease is not killing everyone it touches. The deathly sick will get If first. Then our precious young and elderly. Then us middle age a holes.

Why is the market not reacting positively?

I'm just playing devils advocate here, but the money guys are watching these things closely. No doubt there are teams of analysts closely monitoring any possible lead on a cure. There's huge money at stake and the minute a treatment is identified, I have to believe the market will shoot straight up.
Originally Posted by copperking81

I'm just playing devils advocate here, but the money guys are watching these things closely. No doubt there are teams of analysts closely monitoring any possible lead on a cure. There's huge money at stake and the minute a treatment is identified, I have to believe the market will shoot straight up.

Maybe just maybe the corona virus is not the underlying cause of the crash, it certainly sped it up though
The market is the market...it is not a good predictor not a crystal ball
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by copperking81

Maybe just maybe the corona virus is not the underlying cause of the crash, it certainly sped it up though

you think so irfubar?

Maybe it's continuing down so those "in the know" can buy buy buy right as it hits the bottom they want it at?

Geno
Troll alert!

Dude spends 99% of his time in the Savage forum and is never political and suddenly wants to go all anti-Trump just out of the blue. Someone hack this account, or a plant?

Originally Posted by hatari

Troll alert!
Dude spends 99% of his time in the Savage forum and is never political and suddenly wants to go all anti-Trump just out of the blue. Someone hack this account, or a plant?

He's just another liberal.He knows nothing about politics but has been trained to impugn anyone who isn't a member of his Commie/pedo/Demonrat Party.
The market is the market...it is not a good predictor not a crystal ball

I disagree. I think the market is a pretty good leading indicator. Particularly for a scenario such as this, where one event like a cure or treatment, will likely have a significant binary effect on market direction. Big money knows that and no way they're sitting around waiting for a press release to inform them one way or the other.

I guess my theory is there isn't all that much confidence in chloroquine as a strongly effective treatment.
© 24hourcampfire