Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
ftbt Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F

Trump said he was pushing through a "right to try" plan that would increase access to experimental drugs and vaccines. Key points:

- TRUMP SAYS FDA HAS APPROVED CHLOROQUINE FOR USE IN COVID-19
- TRUMP: FDA HAS APPROVED `COMPASSIONATE USE' FOR SOME PATIENTS
- TRIALS ARE UNDERWAY FOR NEW REMEDIES
- TRUMP SAYS PROMISING THERAPIES PRODUCED BY GILEAD

“President Trump announced on Thursday the US will IMMEDIATELY make the drug Chloroquine available to treat US coronavirus patients!

President Trump made the announcement at the daily Coronavirus press conference in the White House. The president added that chloroquine has shown, “very, very encouraging results” in treating the coronavirus!

New York Governor Cuomo has agreed to start using the drug in his state immediately!”

See:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...ry-very-encouraging-early-results-video/

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Unavailable from both my wholesalers. Results may be encouraging, but toilet paper is easier to find in stock.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Watched most of this, was struck by Trump's manner and behaviour. Clear and to the point, and defered to the experts on his staff for both talking points and answers to questions. Sign of a leader. Short, clear answers, and let others speak as appropriate.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
elderberries

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Loved how he shut down the raciss idiot yesterday for calling it the Chinese Virus.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

Watched most of this, was struck by Trump's manner and behaviour. Clear and to the point, and defered to the experts on his staff for both talking points and answers to questions. Sign of a leader. Short, clear answers, and let others speak as appropriate.

He was clear, calm, in command and did not shy from calling a spade a spade, i.e., "the Chinese virus".

Tarquin
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
He has a confident manner. I hope it helps calm the panic.

Last edited by hanco; 03/19/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco

Who believes a word out of his mouth?

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Our hospital moved hydroxychloroquine into the vault a week ago so there would be none of it walking out the door. We are inventorying it just like a narcotic and it's under camera surveillance 24/7.
It MAY help in some cases. It's not a cureall.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I was up fairly early, on Fox business they presented a M.D. With the claim I. France 🇫🇷 they found flaquinell and z max ( an macrolide antibiotic) had astounding results.

The resident fox doctor agreed it had promise. My mother was on flaquinell for years as a lupus paitient. It caused vision problems, but hopefully they know that now.

It totally makes sense to me! Secondary pneumonia is what kills! Cover with antiobiotics early...always worked for me.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Great news!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
MAGA!

More winning.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
It could be the miracle we have been praying for. Let’s hope and pray so. If we can stem the tide and make everyone safe but especially our youngest and oldest...a miracle in its own

GOD Bless America
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe

Anyone with a brain.........Do carry on.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

He's lied so little in office, he doesn't even rate being called a politician. How many other presidents have done what they promised like he has?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Chloroquine has been around for a very long time. Chances are if you knew someone who fought in the South Pacific or later on in RVN and contracted malaria, this is what they got. Now it's used mostly for RA, but there isn't a huge patient population for RA so there isn't a bunch on hand. DJT has directed them to ramp up production. It's been studied along with a couple other anti-virals to fight COVID-19 pneumonia - which is what people are dying from.

Hydroxychloroquine study has shown "rapid and effective speeding up of their healing process, and a sharp decrease in the amount of time they remained contagious". It's safer and more effective than chloroquine. Combining it with the antibiotic azithromycin, the number of those still carrying the COVID-19 virus at 6 days were just 5% of the patients. Pretty gawd-damned impressive.

Edited to add: No idea how much of the stuff is made in China. Could be the reason their death rate has diminished.

Last edited by CharlieFoxtrot; 03/19/20.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
There have been several doctors on Fox news who've basically stated this is the cure, citing a study in France as well as ongoing studies in Australia and China. One was a doctor at a NY hospital with a sizable coronavirus patient population, and he seemed sold that chloroquin was the key. Laura Ingram talked to another doctor who described one case where it reversed a near death patient like he was Lazarus. Trump and his team have been discussing it in their briefings to the media and I've read that they're asking for ramp up in it's production. I have two doctors in my family who while they aren't treating coronavirus patients, have said that it's being widely used in treatments, almost as if it's the unofficial treatment / cure.

But I don't get it... if this does in fact have so much potential, why did the market tank again today? Why are we are shutting down entire states? Why are we allowing the economy to get wrecked? You'd think that some of this would start to get turned around with such a potential, even if it is just a potential. I understand that it hasn't gone through all the necessary clinical trials as a treatment for coronavirus but given what's at stake... our entire national solvency and supposedly tens of thousand of lives... you'd think they'd toss some caution to the wind. Especially since the drug has been around ~70 years and is well understood.

What am I missing here???

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What flavor was the koolaide?

[Linked Image]
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Because it doesn’t work until you actually get sick. Cure, not preventative.

That means there’s always a chance that they will not have enough of it. Enough people get sick all systems get strained.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Because it doesn’t work until you actually get sick. Cure, not preventative.

That means there’s always a chance that they will not have enough of it. Enough people get sick all systems get strained.

Right, but all the more reason to kick things into gear and treat it with the utmost urgency. We're taking extreme measures with the Defense Production act for equipment and supplies. You'd think this would be at the top of the list, do whatever it takes now, to get production pumping as much of this stuff out as possible while the infected numbers are still manageable.

And there doesn't seem to be that kind of urgency, which is odd.

Last edited by copperking81; 03/20/20.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,446 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,397
Posts18,488,893
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.