Home
Are such doomsday predictors staying by their
Minimum 1% (+) of population projection or,
have they since revised it,?
Today's market says....NO.
No. Not even close
No. It will all be over soon.
I think history will show that stockpiling toilet paper prevented this from being the deadliest disease to ever plague this country.
Statistics show that 100% of people will die....eventually.
The MSM that cried wolf
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I think history will show that stockpiling toilet paper prevented this from being the deadliest disease to ever plague this country.

You think now is the time to sell? Might dump my Charmin and buy Into Boeing and Exxon.....
I'm so ready for some $7.99 Chinese buffet again.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
The MSM that cried wolf

They have almost as much credibility as the NRA.
Serious yes...Armageddon no.

I’m hoping we all get through it ok

And ammo 😂

Many hands make light work.

Go 'Merica!
Originally Posted by jackmountain

You think now is the time to sell? Might dump my Charmin and buy Into Boeing and Exxon.....

mmmmm, bats and pangolins!

Ours closed . Sad times . You could really stuff your gut for cheap .
Originally Posted by ironbender

mmmmm, bats and pangolins!

That’s chicken on a stick
If I recall correctly, the CDC predicted 200,000 to 1.7 million dead depending on decisions that were made going forward. Some states have made those decisions such as a lockdown, shelter in place, or social distancing, some haven't. I don't believe I ever saw a 3.5 million number put out, there are however predictions that 60-70% of the world's population will eventually become infected.

The lockdown in Wuhan will end on April 8th.
Originally Posted by Squidge
.. I don't believe I ever saw a 3.5 million number put out,

Hardcore C19 campaigners on this here CF
virtually affirmed a bare minimum of 3.5M.
Originally Posted by Calvin
I hope you are SO right.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
The MSM that cried wolf

Hallelujah
As it stands today by my math Michigans death percentage is .013%. so 1300 dead if it still holds to that.

...and the end results will be exactly the same as if nothing was done.

Except for that little economy thing.
640 dead in the USA from CV-19 so far as of today. Out of about 45,000 total confirmed cases. So far, NY has been hit the hardest. With most foreign travelers landing in NY, that was probably foreseeable.
Not near the schitt storm the Fake News Media And WHO have predicted. Let’s all hope and Pray they were very wrong!

I’m sure Trump’s plan has helped somewhat control the spread. And folks sheltering in place, keeping a reasonable distance from each other, lots of hand washing, disinfecting practices, and other common sense measures have helped tremendously I’m sure.
Probably the biggest factor was the stopping of international travel to the USA from China & Europe.
Hopefully these measures were implemented in time to keep America from being ravaged like China, the Middle East, Italy, Spain, and other European Countries.

And like I’ve mentioned in other threads, America is not Italy. Or China. Or Europe. Different Age Structure, Health Issues, And Personal Hygiene Practices.
Not to mention Much Better Medical Personal & Modern Medicine Techniques here.

Hopefully, with the help of coming warm weather, and the implementing safety measures, we will soon see a decline.
Even a 1000 American lives lost, which will probably be what it rises to in a few days, is too many.
Realistically it will probably reach something along the lines of 10,000, which is WAY TOO MANY.
I hope to God we don’t reach that number, but if we do, it will be less than we lost to the Flu last year.
And not near what the Doom & Gloom Fake News Media claimed.
Small businesses are being decimated here by the lockdown and loss of revenue. Not to mention the numbers of people who have lost their jobs and are queuing up for unemployment benefits. A friend in the police force said that he has been attending an increasing number of suicides. So the consequences of this may be far reaching.
You just wonder how many dead could be from the seasonal flu and they are just padding the numbers.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
640 dead in the USA from CV-19 so far as of today. Out of about 65000 total confirmed cases. So far, NY has been hit the hardest. With most foreign travelers landing in NY, that was probably foreseeable.
Not near the schitt storm the Fake News Media And WHO have predicted. Let’s all hope and Pray they were very wrong!

I’m sure Trump’s plan has helped somewhat control the spread. And folks sheltering in place, keeping a reasonable distance from each other, lots of hand washing, disinfecting practices, and other common sense measures have helped tremendously I’m sure.
Probably the biggest factor was the stopping of international travel to the USA from China & Europe.
Hopefully these measures were implemented in time to keep America from being ravaged like China, the Middle East, Italy, Spain, and other European Countries.

And like I’ve mentioned in other threads, America is not Italy. Or China. Or Europe. Different Age Structure, Health Issues, And Personal Hygiene Practices.
Not to mention Much Better Medical Personal & Modern Medicine Techniques here.

Hopefully, with the help of coming warm weather, and the implementing safety measures, we will soon see a decline.
Even a 1000 American lives lost, which will probably be what it rises to in a few days, is too many.
Realistically it will probably reach something along the lines of 10,000, which is WAY TOO MANY.
I hope to God we don’t reach that number, but if we do, it will be less than we lost to the Flu last year.
And not near what the Doom & Gloom Fake News Media claimed.

10,000 deaths will be less than the flu has caused at least since 2010. The lowest annual number of flu deaths since then is 12,000 according to CDC. I hope too that it comes nowhere near that.
Originally Posted by DBT
Small businesses are being decimated here by the lockdown and loss of revenue. Not to mention the numbers of people who have lost their jobs and are queuing up for unemployment benefits. A friend in the police force said that he has been attending an increasing number of suicides. So the consequences of this may be far reaching.

“This” being the panic caused by MSM
Originally Posted by DBT
Small businesses are being decimated here by the lockdown and loss of revenue...

DBT,

Reading the news, current lock down measures in Oz are crazy/don't make sense.

No more than 5 at a wedding total, 10 at a funeral total,
No church, Library, museums, no sporting or any
indoor venue gatherings,,,, all those and
much more all closed, no going to the beach?..

But the public can still sit on buses and trains... Huh?

No home BBQs, no birthday parties for kids
But you can still send kids to school... WTF?

France has even banned jogging within 1 km of
Residential areas... Bonkers!
Like Trump said today, if they try to milk this $hit past Easter, it's time to throw the damn tea in the harbor, and get the hell back to life.

Churches should just announce they will be opened on Easter. People can still use individual judgement instead of being led around like the press has a chain on your gonads.
Not sure, none of it matters, gonna get us or it won't. Same with everyone.
That said there sure are some that need to get gone..
The largest County in my area, here in TX, where I was born and raised, about 60 miles south of the Ranch has a population of about 150,000. Still no cases there.
Most of the surrounding Counties have a population of maybe 20,000 or less.

In the 10 County area surrounding that largest central County that makes up this area, there are 3 total confirmed cases. Period.

Granted, we are fairly rural, mostly farming and ranching / agriculture based economies with some oil and gas industry’s and 3 large military bases, but I would guess that it’s a pretty good representation of a lot of America, that’s not crammed in the major metropolitan areas. Another words “flyover” country.

But I’m guessing most of flyover country in America is going to be OK, save for the severe economic depression this has brought about.
Most folks here are keeping to themselves and doing so to protect their families from exposure. Streets are pretty empty.
Kinda looks like Super Bowl Sunday street traffic wise most days. Eerily quite except for grocery stores & WallyWorld.
Lots of restaurants and small businesses will soon be boarded up if this continues, but at least we are surviving this mess so far.
If you are Catholic you should be good to stay home on Easter.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/pope-coronavirus-easter-cancelled/2020/03/15/id/958374/

Pope Francis' Holy Week and Easter services, which normally draw tens of thousands of people, will be held without the public attending because of the coronavirus outbreak, a step believed to be unprecedented in modern times.

A note on the website of the Vatican department that organizes papal events also said that until Easter Sunday on April 12, his general audiences and Sunday blessings would continue to be seen over the internet and television without public participation.

The exclusion of the public from the pope's general audiences and Sunday blessings previously had been expected to continue only until March 18.
Originally Posted by KenMi
Like Trump said today, if they try to milk this $hit past Easter, it's time to throw the damn tea in the harbor, and get the hell back to life.

Churches should just announce they will be opened on Easter. People can still use individual judgement instead of being led around like the press has a chain on your gonads.

The Lord is risen!

He is risen indeed!

Hallelujah!
The 2019-20 flu season has killed about 14,000 in the US
No.
Nope. This won't kill as many as the H1N1 pandemic in 2009-2010. That one killed around 20,000 and this one hasn't killed 1000 yet and is beginning to slow down. This is an intentional panic for political gain.
Originally Posted by Dan700mn
The 2019-20 flu season has killed about 14,000 in the US

And 34,000 deaths in 18’/19’
The largest County in my area, here in TX, where I was born and raised, about 60 miles south of the Ranch has a population of about 150,000. Still no cases there.

In the 10 County area surrounding that largest central County that makes up this area, there are 3 total confirmed cases. Period.

Granted, we are fairly rural, mostly farming and ranching / agriculture based economies with some oil and gas industry’s and 3 large military base, but I would guess that it’s a pretty good representation of a lot of America, that’s not crammed in the major metropolitan areas. Another words “flyover” country.

But I’m guessing most of flyover country in America is going to be OK, save for the severe economic depression this has brought about.
Most folks here are keeping to themselves and doing so to protect their families from exposure. Streets are pretty empty.
Kinda looks like Super Bowl Sunday street traffic wise most days. Eerily quite except for grocery stores & WallyWorld.
Lots of restaurants and small businesses will soon be boarded up if this continues, but at least we are surviving this mess so far.
I'm glad to hear that. So far, no cases in our county. But the 8 counties surrounding us each now have one or two cases in all but two of them.
Originally Posted by MLC
You just wonder how many dead could be from the seasonal flu and they are just padding the numbers.

23,000 due to the f-word that we can't compare to, according to CDC.
Originally Posted by DBT

The government is clamping down further again to reduce crowds (funerals, weddings, nail clinics etc) yet sending crowds to Centrelink to get the dole. Yet here in Brisbane they are also continuing with a local council election - crowds to line up on Saturday. Oh, and our PM is again blaming the introduction on the additional restrictions on the public's failure to social distance ourselves properly. Fact is he's the one responsible for providing such unachievable guidelines in the first place.

I'm lucky and still have a job - we have been told to work from home if possible but I still come into the office because of the better computer monitors, access to printers etc. The buses are virtually empty on the way in and out of town. At some stage we may be ordered to work from home. Our company in New Zealand has done this yesterday - the number of positive cases of COVID-19 increased there from 100 to 150, triggering the order.

And what about cash? While there's a fair amount of cashless transactions made these days there's still cash being exchanged - the virus can survive fairly well on paper and coin. Will washing our hands regularly protect us enough for the cash in our pockets?
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Granted, we are fairly rural, mostly farming and ranching / agriculture based economies with some oil and gas industry’s and 3 large military base, but I would guess that it’s a pretty good representation of a lot of America, that’s not crammed in the major metropolitan areas. Another words “flyover” country.

I'm glad to hear that. So far, no cases in our county. But the 8 counties surrounding us each now have one or two cases in all but two of them.

I suspect your probably fairly rural like we are here. I also expect our numbers will increase locally like they have in your area too. Let’s hope it stays that way. Relatively low numbers are a good thing! Sure am thankful I don’t live in NYC !!! Stay safe !
Originally Posted by ltppowell

That is a stupid statement. Even you would have to admit, that your statement, taken literally, is asinine.

OF COURSE self-quarantine and shut-downs have made, and will make a difference.

The question is, will it be worth the cost.
Originally Posted by k20350
As it stands today by my math Michigans death percentage is .013%. so 1300 dead if it still holds to that.

1.3%

1791 cases, 24 dead as of 11pm EST 24MAR
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by DBT
Small businesses are being decimated here by the lockdown and loss of revenue...

DBT,

Reading the news, current lock down measures in Oz are crazy/don't make sense.

No more than 5 at a wedding total, 10 at a funeral total,
No church, Library, museums, no sporting or any
indoor venue gatherings,,,, all those and
much more all closed, no going to the beach?..

But the public can still sit on buses and trains... Huh?

No home BBQs, no birthday parties for kids
But you can still send kids to school... WTF?

France has even banned jogging within 1 km of
Residential areas... Bonkers!

Yeah, it's not consistent. Apparently this is level two lockdown. Now they are talking about level three lockdown for some states. Which I imagine entails not going out at all.
It sure aint good.
Starman: I certainly hope not - but the horrors of that 1918 flu epidemic around the world makes me worry.
Experts relay that 675,000 Americans died in that short lived epidemic - which was about 0.64% of Americas population back then - this number includes my fathers older sister (my aunt).
I am hoping for a semi-quick resolution to this latest outbreak.
I also fear one of these years a "virus" or disease will come along that really makes a dent in the human population.
Pray for the best.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Originally Posted by k20350

1.3%

1791 cases, 24 dead as of 11pm EST 24MAR

Of those tested.

How many have it, and have not been tested?
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Starman: I certainly hope not - but the horrors of that 1918 flu epidemic around the world makes me worry...

VG, if more people had acquired the first strain and built up herd immunity, it' has been suggested the
second strain (with the two corresponding large spikes)
wouldn't have been so destructive.

There are no free lunches... cut wood there's
gunna be sawdust.

I am very ready for this crap to be done with, very tired of the BS

I do not believe it will be, unless your definition of soon is anytime within the next 6-12 months.
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Starman: I certainly hope not - but the horrors of that 1918 flu epidemic around the world makes me worry.
Experts relay that 675,000 Americans died in that short lived epidemic - which was about 0.64% of Americas population back then - this number includes my fathers older sister (my aunt).
I am hoping for a semi-quick resolution to this latest outbreak.
I also fear one of these years a "virus" or disease will come along that really makes a dent in the human population.
Pray for the best.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

May sound far fetched but what happens in a deer herd when they become badly overpopulated ? Disease comes through and thins them down . Just a thought..
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Ours closed . Sad times . You could really stuff your gut for cheap .

Ours was closed, by the health dept. It seems like they have the idea nasty contributes to building resistance - in survivors.
I hold the dumocrats 100% at fault in the China virus fiasco. Like others have said the China flu is actually just another strain of the flu. When is the general public going to get tired of the dumocrats and their hoaxes and truly make America great again?
Everyone needs to vote a straight Republican ticket in 2020.
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I hold the dumocrats 100% at fault in the China virus fiasco. Like others have said the China flu is actually just another strain of the flu.

No, it is not. Completely different viruses that are not in the same family.
3 million die per year in the USA of other causes.
I will be very surprised [and maybe dead] if COVID-19 can match that.
I have to admit I'm confused by this. There are days where I feel like holy crap this is going to be the 1918 flu pandemic if we don't get ahead of this. And then there are days like today, where it seems this is slowing, the numbers aren't as scary as people are predicting. Going from memory, I think the 2017/2018 flu season killed 60k people per the CDC. Yet I don't believe this is a giant political conspiracy that the whole world was in on. Needless to say I'm still confused as to what's going on exactly. Time will tell.
As of Today, 800 have passed in the USA from CV-19

That’s an increase of 160 deaths from yesterday’s 640.

Number of confirmed cases is 55,000 up from yesterday’s 45,000

At least it isn’t doubling, tripling, or growing exponentially like the Dooms Day Predictions most have made.

Hopefully the gigantic curve they predicted is about to flatten.

I’m optimistic that it’s not the giant killer they have played it up to be.
Any deaths are too many, and I’m sorry for those that have lost loved ones, obviously.

But 3.5 MILLION Dead??? Me thinks not.

At least it isn’t doubling, tripling, or growing exponentially like the Dooms Day Predictions most have made.

Any deaths are too many, and I’m sorry for those that have lost loved ones, obviously.

The only thing growing exponentially and doubling on a daily basis is the long term damage being done to our economy.

John Hopkins has the number of US cases currently at 65,788 and 942 dead.
I think we will all have a much better idea in about 3 weeks. The more they do, the less severe it will be. The less severe it is, the more people will feel they did too much.

I'm high risk so I'll stay home a while but all you low risk guys let me know how things are going out there. Its probably a good plan to just keep the old people and immunosuppressed like me away from everyone else.

Some of you healthy guys feel free to hurry and get it. That way you can develop antibodies early and donate your plasma to those at risk that get it later.

My concerns about it has been the rumor that 20% need hospitalization. That could be a lot of beds if everyone gets it at once.

Bb
Originally Posted by Squidge

John Hopkins has the number of US cases currently at 65,788 and 942 dead.

I took those from a FOX News story. But who knows who’s reliable on the numbers with all the Fuqking media hype.
They’ve been all over the map on them.
Any numbers is too many.

My point, though, was that 3.5 Million is a crazy stupid number the Fake News Media keeps throwing around to drive this hysteria.
Originally Posted by Prewar70
I have to admit I'm confused by this. There are days where I feel like holy crap this is going to be the 1918 flu pandemic if we don't get ahead of this. And then there are days like today, where it seems this is slowing, the numbers aren't as scary as people are predicting. Going from memory, I think the 2017/2018 flu season killed 60k people per the CDC. Yet I don't believe this is a giant political conspiracy that the whole world was in on. Needless to say I'm still confused as to what's going on exactly. Time will tell.

Yes you are confused. Your cronies that share your ideology are behind the panic.... time to wake up
The Fox News story was likely written earlier today, the John Hopkins numbers are likely running behind too.

A friend who is the Chair of Immunology at a well recognized medical school say we are in for a long haul. He hopes the final death toll is less than 2 million in the USA in the end. He is overwhelmed now.
This is getting a little absurd.....................WTF are all the states / places that are closing going to do when 2 or even 3 weeks come & go & the infection rate has not dropped? Do another 2-3 weeks of quarantining the country.

People are never going to build an immunity & the country is going to be broken & in a financial shambles.

This is an interesting article on the origin & (lack of) accuracy of the models being used to predict & base outcomes on by all .gov entities.

Sounds very highly politically motivated to me considering who's known to be involved & one really big one not named, but almost certain to be supporting....................ol' Georgie Soros.

From The Federalist

inaccurate Models Being Used

MM

Whoever said that should be in prison
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
This is getting a little absurd.....................WTF are all the states / places that are closing going to do when 2 or even 3 weeks come & go & the infection rate has not dropped? Do another 2-3 weeks of quarantining the country.

People are never going to build an immunity & the country is going to be broken & in a financial shambles.

This is an interesting article on the origin & (lack of) accuracy of the models being used to predict & base outcomes on by all .gov entities.

Sounds very highly politically motivated to me considering who's known to be involved & one really big one not named, but almost certain to be supporting....................ol' Georgie Soros.

From The Federalist

inaccurate Models Being Used

MM

Great article MM. The numbers are nothing like the Gloom & Doom Fake News Media And DemoRat’s are throwing out there.
Pretty simple plan. Cause Panic. Tank Economy. Bankrupt Americans and their businesses. Destroy Trump’s Economy.
Defeat Trump.
I too smell a RAT. George Soros. The Deep State. Fake News Media. And the Commie Socialist Democrats ! All of them need to swing.
The American Economy and American People can’t stand much more of this shutdown. 😡
Our govenor here in Idaho just gave a 3 week stay at home order. I guess they're finally going to close the local gyms. There are a little over 50 cases in Blaine county, sun valley area, and they are saying the hospital and healthcare system is overwhelmed. I doubt if there is 4 ICU beds in that county.

I think the numbers will keep rising dramatically for the next few weeks. Hopefully it levels off soon.

Bb
Originally Posted by djs

A friend who is the Chair of Immunology at a well recognized medical school say we are in for a long haul. He hopes the final death toll is less than 2 million in the USA in the end. He is overwhelmed now.

If that were true, NY State, where it’s been for the longest, and is the most densely populated, Would already have 500,000 cases of CV-19, instead of 31,000. And 10,000 deaths, instead of 271.

It’s BULLSCHITT Predictions like his that are driving this Fuqking panic. 😡
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

I think the numbers will keep rising dramatically for the next few weeks. Hopefully it levels off soon.

What would you consider "soon"?

I'll say again what I said above, what if at the end of the next 2-3 weeks of shutdown & quarantine if the number of infections does not fall? Or it goes up?

Another 3 weeks of quarantine of the country? More? Financial shambles?

We will be in Great Depression territory at that time & likely all out civil disobedience on almost any quarantine orders, IMHO.

And we still won't have enough people with immunity, likely no solid medication help & surely no vaccine.

This needs to run its course & that's not going to happen in 2-3 more weeks of shutdown.

MM
.............More lies from the doomsday lib leftists!...3.5 million? NOPE!
John Hopkins now has the number of dead in the US at 1,031. I hope you are right and numbers start to level off.
And if Pelosi and the DemoRats are so “concerned” that CV-19 will “kill millions of Americans”, why in the FUQK is she insisting that there be $35 MILLION Dollars in the Bill to keep the Kennedy Center open during the “pandemic”

If Millions of Americans are truly about to die from CV-19,
Who gives a flying Fuqk about the Kennedy Center! 😡

If Millions of Americans were about to die, Pelosi would be on a private jet loaded with boos and pills headed to one of Soro’s private Islands in a heart beat.
And if Pelosi and the DemoRats are so “concerned” that CV-19 will “kill millions of Americans”, why in the FUQK is she insisting that there be $35 MILLION Dollars in the Bill to keep the Kennedy Center open during the “pandemic”

If Millions of Americans are truly about to die from CV-19,
Who gives a flying Fuqk out the Kennedy Center! 😡

If Millions of Americans were about to die, Pelosi would be on a private jet loaded with boos and pills headed to one of Soro’s private Islands in a heart beat.

Yep we are being scammed
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

What would you consider "soon"?

I'll say again what I said above, what if at the end of the next 2-3 weeks of shutdown & quarantine if the number of infections does not fall? Or it goes up?

Another 3 weeks of quarantine of the country? More? Financial shambles?

We will be in Great Depression territory at that time & likely all out civil disobedience on almost any quarantine orders, IMHO.

And we still won't have enough people with immunity, likely no solid medication help & surely no vaccine.

This needs to run its course & that's not going to happen in 2-3 more weeks of shutdown.

MM

It would make the Great Depression look like a Fuqking cake walk. People from that Generation new how to grow food and feed themselves.
The HoodRats in the major cities will burn those places to the ground if they don’t get their welfare cards for food and booze.
It's not looking good. I hope I'm wrong.
USA totals as of today: over 69,197 illnesses and at least 1,046 deaths.

Still as I stated before, any deaths are Too Many, but my point is it’s not multiplying exponentially like the Doom & Gloom Fake News Media are screaming 24/7.

Sure hope the numbers start dropping soon.

One confirmed case finally reported in my County as of today.

Navarro?
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Navarro?

No
3.5 million dead? No. We won't even see 35,000 dead from the Corona virus.
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Navarro?

No

Rolled the dice. A friend of mine who lives in Navarro county texted me their first case was announced today, but they’d already declared an emergency so it didn’t change much.
With cherry picking data, modeling and misuse of statistics you can support many outrageous theories, such as global warming.
I will have an opinion at the end of 30 days. We are at 8 days right now, since I started the clock. So 22 more to go.
Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by ltppowell

That is a stupid statement. Even you would have to admit, that your statement, taken literally, is asinine.

OF COURSE self-quarantine and shut-downs have made, and will make a difference.

The question is, will it be worth the cost.

No and he'll no.
Dr. Deborah Birx: Coronavirus data not matching extreme predictions

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/deborah-birx-coronavirus-data-not-matching-extreme-predictions

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
3.5 million dead? No. We won't even see 35,000 dead from the Corona virus.

Thank god for this information. Prior to your post, I was having a hard time coming up with solid, fact-based projections.
© 24hourcampfire