Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calvin
No. It will all be over soon.

...and the end results will be exactly the same as if nothing was done.

Except for that little economy thing.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
640 dead in the USA from CV-19 so far as of today. Out of about 45,000 total confirmed cases. So far, NY has been hit the hardest. With most foreign travelers landing in NY, that was probably foreseeable.
Not near the schitt storm the Fake News Media And WHO have predicted. Let’s all hope and Pray they were very wrong!

I’m sure Trump’s plan has helped somewhat control the spread. And folks sheltering in place, keeping a reasonable distance from each other, lots of hand washing, disinfecting practices, and other common sense measures have helped tremendously I’m sure.
Probably the biggest factor was the stopping of international travel to the USA from China & Europe.
Hopefully these measures were implemented in time to keep America from being ravaged like China, the Middle East, Italy, Spain, and other European Countries.

And like I’ve mentioned in other threads, America is not Italy. Or China. Or Europe. Different Age Structure, Health Issues, And Personal Hygiene Practices.
Not to mention Much Better Medical Personal & Modern Medicine Techniques here.

Hopefully, with the help of coming warm weather, and the implementing safety measures, we will soon see a decline.
Even a 1000 American lives lost, which will probably be what it rises to in a few days, is too many.
Realistically it will probably reach something along the lines of 10,000, which is WAY TOO MANY.
I hope to God we don’t reach that number, but if we do, it will be less than we lost to the Flu last year.
And not near what the Doom & Gloom Fake News Media claimed.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 03/25/20.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Small businesses are being decimated here by the lockdown and loss of revenue. Not to mention the numbers of people who have lost their jobs and are queuing up for unemployment benefits. A friend in the police force said that he has been attending an increasing number of suicides. So the consequences of this may be far reaching.

M
MLC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
You just wonder how many dead could be from the seasonal flu and they are just padding the numbers.

Any politician who thinks they can fight the evil that has consumed the government is delusional or lying. There is no political solution.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Winston Church
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
640 dead in the USA from CV-19 so far as of today. Out of about 65000 total confirmed cases. So far, NY has been hit the hardest. With most foreign travelers landing in NY, that was probably foreseeable.
Not near the schitt storm the Fake News Media And WHO have predicted. Let’s all hope and Pray they were very wrong!

I’m sure Trump’s plan has helped somewhat control the spread. And folks sheltering in place, keeping a reasonable distance from each other, lots of hand washing, disinfecting practices, and other common sense measures have helped tremendously I’m sure.
Probably the biggest factor was the stopping of international travel to the USA from China & Europe.
Hopefully these measures were implemented in time to keep America from being ravaged like China, the Middle East, Italy, Spain, and other European Countries.

And like I’ve mentioned in other threads, America is not Italy. Or China. Or Europe. Different Age Structure, Health Issues, And Personal Hygiene Practices.
Not to mention Much Better Medical Personal & Modern Medicine Techniques here.

Hopefully, with the help of coming warm weather, and the implementing safety measures, we will soon see a decline.
Even a 1000 American lives lost, which will probably be what it rises to in a few days, is too many.
Realistically it will probably reach something along the lines of 10,000, which is WAY TOO MANY.
I hope to God we don’t reach that number, but if we do, it will be less than we lost to the Flu last year.
And not near what the Doom & Gloom Fake News Media claimed.

10,000 deaths will be less than the flu has caused at least since 2010. The lowest annual number of flu deaths since then is 12,000 according to CDC. I hope too that it comes nowhere near that.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DBT
Small businesses are being decimated here by the lockdown and loss of revenue. Not to mention the numbers of people who have lost their jobs and are queuing up for unemployment benefits. A friend in the police force said that he has been attending an increasing number of suicides. So the consequences of this may be far reaching.

“This” being the panic caused by MSM

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Small businesses are being decimated here by the lockdown and loss of revenue...

DBT,

Reading the news, current lock down measures in Oz are crazy/don't make sense.

No more than 5 at a wedding total, 10 at a funeral total,
No church, Library, museums, no sporting or any
indoor venue gatherings,,,, all those and
much more all closed, no going to the beach?..

But the public can still sit on buses and trains... Huh?

No home BBQs, no birthday parties for kids
But you can still send kids to school... WTF?

France has even banned jogging within 1 km of
Residential areas... Bonkers!

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Like Trump said today, if they try to milk this $hit past Easter, it's time to throw the damn tea in the harbor, and get the hell back to life.

Churches should just announce they will be opened on Easter. People can still use individual judgement instead of being led around like the press has a chain on your gonads.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Not sure, none of it matters, gonna get us or it won't. Same with everyone.
That said there sure are some that need to get gone..

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The largest County in my area, here in TX, where I was born and raised, about 60 miles south of the Ranch has a population of about 150,000. Still no cases there.
Most of the surrounding Counties have a population of maybe 20,000 or less.

In the 10 County area surrounding that largest central County that makes up this area, there are 3 total confirmed cases. Period.

Granted, we are fairly rural, mostly farming and ranching / agriculture based economies with some oil and gas industry’s and 3 large military bases, but I would guess that it’s a pretty good representation of a lot of America, that’s not crammed in the major metropolitan areas. Another words “flyover” country.

But I’m guessing most of flyover country in America is going to be OK, save for the severe economic depression this has brought about.
Most folks here are keeping to themselves and doing so to protect their families from exposure. Streets are pretty empty.
Kinda looks like Super Bowl Sunday street traffic wise most days. Eerily quite except for grocery stores & WallyWorld.
Lots of restaurants and small businesses will soon be boarded up if this continues, but at least we are surviving this mess so far.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 03/24/20.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you are Catholic you should be good to stay home on Easter.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/pope-coronavirus-easter-cancelled/2020/03/15/id/958374/

Pope Francis' Holy Week and Easter services, which normally draw tens of thousands of people, will be held without the public attending because of the coronavirus outbreak, a step believed to be unprecedented in modern times.

A note on the website of the Vatican department that organizes papal events also said that until Easter Sunday on April 12, his general audiences and Sunday blessings would continue to be seen over the internet and television without public participation.

The exclusion of the public from the pope's general audiences and Sunday blessings previously had been expected to continue only until March 18.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by KenMi
Like Trump said today, if they try to milk this $hit past Easter, it's time to throw the damn tea in the harbor, and get the hell back to life.

Churches should just announce they will be opened on Easter. People can still use individual judgement instead of being led around like the press has a chain on your gonads.

The Lord is risen!

He is risen indeed!

Hallelujah!

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The 2019-20 flu season has killed about 14,000 in the US

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nope. This won't kill as many as the H1N1 pandemic in 2009-2010. That one killed around 20,000 and this one hasn't killed 1000 yet and is beginning to slow down. This is an intentional panic for political gain.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Dan700mn
The 2019-20 flu season has killed about 14,000 in the US

And 34,000 deaths in 18’/19’

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The largest County in my area, here in TX, where I was born and raised, about 60 miles south of the Ranch has a population of about 150,000. Still no cases there.

In the 10 County area surrounding that largest central County that makes up this area, there are 3 total confirmed cases. Period.

Granted, we are fairly rural, mostly farming and ranching / agriculture based economies with some oil and gas industry’s and 3 large military base, but I would guess that it’s a pretty good representation of a lot of America, that’s not crammed in the major metropolitan areas. Another words “flyover” country.

But I’m guessing most of flyover country in America is going to be OK, save for the severe economic depression this has brought about.
Most folks here are keeping to themselves and doing so to protect their families from exposure. Streets are pretty empty.
Kinda looks like Super Bowl Sunday street traffic wise most days. Eerily quite except for grocery stores & WallyWorld.
Lots of restaurants and small businesses will soon be boarded up if this continues, but at least we are surviving this mess so far.
I'm glad to hear that. So far, no cases in our county. But the 8 counties surrounding us each now have one or two cases in all but two of them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MLC
You just wonder how many dead could be from the seasonal flu and they are just padding the numbers.

23,000 due to the f-word that we can't compare to, according to CDC.

Last edited by 280shooter; 03/24/20.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DBT

The government is clamping down further again to reduce crowds (funerals, weddings, nail clinics etc) yet sending crowds to Centrelink to get the dole. Yet here in Brisbane they are also continuing with a local council election - crowds to line up on Saturday. Oh, and our PM is again blaming the introduction on the additional restrictions on the public's failure to social distance ourselves properly. Fact is he's the one responsible for providing such unachievable guidelines in the first place.

I'm lucky and still have a job - we have been told to work from home if possible but I still come into the office because of the better computer monitors, access to printers etc. The buses are virtually empty on the way in and out of town. At some stage we may be ordered to work from home. Our company in New Zealand has done this yesterday - the number of positive cases of COVID-19 increased there from 100 to 150, triggering the order.

And what about cash? While there's a fair amount of cashless transactions made these days there's still cash being exchanged - the virus can survive fairly well on paper and coin. Will washing our hands regularly protect us enough for the cash in our pockets?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Granted, we are fairly rural, mostly farming and ranching / agriculture based economies with some oil and gas industry’s and 3 large military base, but I would guess that it’s a pretty good representation of a lot of America, that’s not crammed in the major metropolitan areas. Another words “flyover” country.

I'm glad to hear that. So far, no cases in our county. But the 8 counties surrounding us each now have one or two cases in all but two of them.

I suspect your probably fairly rural like we are here. I also expect our numbers will increase locally like they have in your area too. Let’s hope it stays that way. Relatively low numbers are a good thing! Sure am thankful I don’t live in NYC !!! Stay safe !

Last edited by chlinstructor; 03/24/20.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (308ld, 35, 14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 7 invisible), 1,884 guests, and 822 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,730
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.