Home
Posted By: Heym06 Things you forgot you had! - 03/31/20
This. Morning during self distancing, l decided to go through the closet in my reloading room! I found the following teasures!! Penn GT 210, Shimano Bantam 400, Abu Garcia 6501, Penn 60 long beach, penn 10, Penn 210 qnty 2, Diawa# unknown four inch side plates, Lymam 45th edition, Lyman 41st edition, Hodgon #20. One RCBS rock crusher, with scale and Forrester case trimmer in the box. Looks like I need some more fishing rods. Anyone else cleaning during this slow time?
yams
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Things you forgot you had! - 03/31/20
I found 2000 rounds of .22lr I forgot I bought.
Man when I find something I forgot I had it's more like a seat pad for hunting, a fishing lure, or a turkey call. Nothing significant. But I don't have a whole lot.
I'd sure like to the half a brains I lost somewhere. Or, maybe I just thought, I was smarter back then.
A pair of made in the USA carolina boots I hadn't seen in 10 years
A 1970 copy of a USGS Springs Coast (FL) hydrology report.

And figured I need to cast some more boolets.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Things you forgot you had! - 03/31/20
Haven't reached that stage in life yet.
Found a number of goodies. Usually when I come back from the range I put stuff on the shelf, meaning other items get pushed rearward. Discovered several thousand rounds of ammo I forgot I had. Of course I had to earlier replace the stuff I didn't see. Pretty darn flush with ammo now.
Posted By: Teal Re: Things you forgot you had! - 03/31/20
Found an old fly rod, 15,000 rounds of 22lr, 45Colt brass and an Ohm meter while digging around for a set of roll punches in the basement.
Posted By: Mathsr Re: Things you forgot you had! - 03/31/20
It would be much easier to list the things I know I have but can't find! mad
Posted By: 30Gibbs Re: Things you forgot you had! - 04/01/20
Wife and daughter emptied the hall closet and prepped and painted the inside. Found two down coats I had been looking for.
Posted By: Papag Re: Things you forgot you had! - 04/01/20
The large pistol priming post/punch for my 1965 Lyman All American turret press. One day after I bought one on fleabay having given up on ever finding it.
Posted By: Papag Re: Things you forgot you had! - 04/01/20
The large pistol priming post/punch for my 1965 Lyman All American turret press. One day after I bought one on fleabay having given up on ever finding it.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Things you forgot you had! - 04/01/20
Sell me those Penn 210s and you won’t have to buy so many new rods.
Tendencies
Posted By: duck911 Re: Things you forgot you had! - 04/01/20
I honestly never understood people who forgot chit they have. Like friends who "forgot" a $100 bill in a jacket pocket. Guys here posting about some gun they forgot they had....

I kind of just know what I have, and I generally know where it is.

I must be special.... grin
Posted By: gkt5450 Re: Things you forgot you had! - 04/01/20
I tell myself if I can’t find it when I need it that I really don’t own it!
This Corona made me forget I had hemorrhoids until I read SACs thread.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Things you forgot you had! - 04/01/20
Originally Posted by TheKid
Sell me those Penn 210s and you won’t have to buy so many new rods.

Pm me I will give you one. Grandson already claimed one! You pay shipping.
Posted By: JRaw Re: Things you forgot you had! - 04/01/20
Happened to look in a laundry room cabinet, found a bottle of hand sanitizer. Score!
Posted By: hanco Re: Things you forgot you had! - 04/01/20
Usually tools I forget I have.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Things you forgot you had! - 04/01/20
At least three firearms I completely forgot I had bought... eek
Originally Posted by duck911
I honestly never understood people who forgot chit they have. Like friends who "forgot" a $100 bill in a jacket pocket. Guys here posting about some gun they forgot they had....

I kind of just know what I have, and I generally know where it is.

I must be special.... grin

You're weird! laugh
Just a guess Duck but I'd say you're younger and single.

When I was younger I knew too. Got married and wife moved everything to were she thought it should be. Never could figure out why she thought the .32 revolver should should be with the Christmas cards.
Just found 15 gold bars I’d forgotten about. 20 kilos each, found at one of the 1715 Spanish fleet crashes on Florida’s east coast near 50 years ago.

They make good door stops.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Just found 15 gold bars I’d forgotten about. 20 kilos each, found at one of the 1715 Spanish fleet crashes on Florida’s east coast near 50 years ago.

They make good door stops.

Uncle Dan, I have a door that keeps swinging shut 🤦🏼‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️😂
At me age,everyday I discover something I forgot I had.

For those that have not experienced it and say they know everything they have and exactly where it is, it's coming
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Things you forgot you had! - 04/01/20
Was looking for some empty coffee cans yesterday found them in the back shelf in my man cave 1 of them has about 200 pieces of 405 win brass in it that I forgot i had the other was full of .44 spl. brass, all was once fired, it was like Christmas. Rio7
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Things you forgot you had! - 04/01/20
Was looking for some empty coffee cans yesterday found them in the back shelf in my man cave 1 of them has about 200 pieces of 405 win brass in it that I forgot i had the other was full of .44 spl. brass, all was once fired, it was like Christmas. Rio7
Things I forgot I had?

well, I had the Clap when I was 14. I forgot about that until this thread popped up.
Nasty little neighborhood gal was doing us all.

It probably didn't help that I was tappin it about three times a day for a couple weeks before things started feeling odd down there.

Dad was cool about it, took me to the clinic and got antibiotics and cleared it right up.
Never did tell Mom....
Heym06: In connection with the cleaning I have been doing this week about a month ago I began a frantic search for some 17 Hornet brass and a set of RCBS 17 Hornet dies I bought 3 or 4 years ago in preparation to my acquiring a 17 Hornet Rifle.
Anyway for 30+ days now I have been tearing my loading room, gun vault room, vehicles and my whole house apart "looking" for these items - no luck. But the search reminded me how much "stuff" I have that I forgot I had and don't use much!
All manner of things were found from knives to optics to several sets of undedicated reloading dies and on and on!
Yeah I need to have a "yard sale".
Two years ago I "found" a mint condition military M-1 carbine that I had "given up on and forgotten about" - it seems 22 years ago the VarmintWife was helping me unload ALL my Rifles into our new home and she stored away a soft Rifle case that she thought was "empty" - it got to the bottom of a pile of 40 or 50 Rifle cases.
Anyway I thought I must have sold it or traded it off but I still had 25 or so M-1 military magazines in new condition and two boxes of 30 Carbine military tracer rounds.
When I found it I gathered all the stuff up and took it to the Missoula, Montana gunshow and sold it all for $850.00!
I had taken that Rifle in for partial payment instead of a paycheck for a "contractor" I had worked for back when I was 19 years old!
So that "forgetful find" worked out nicely for me.
I am NOT a "hoarder" but I do indeed suffer from "to much stuff syndrome".
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Things I forgot

Uhhhmm

The earthquake thread I started yesterday.
Posted By: Lennie Re: Things you forgot you had! - 04/01/20
As I get older, I find more stuff like an envelope with $500.00 inside in the bottom of a drawer. A rifle, and I still trying to remember where it came from.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Things I forgot

Uhhhmm

The earthquake thread I started yesterday.

You started a earthquake yesterday? Where ?😁
Originally Posted by RIO7

200 pcs of 405 win is quite the prize. Merry Christmas.
Posted By: las Re: Things you forgot you had! - 04/01/20
I know I have at least two chalk lines. Needed one yesterday.

Now I have 3..... after an hour of looking, I drove the 20 miles RT to hardware store. It was "essential". Along with the finish nails I couldn't find until 5 minutes after I got back with those also. smile

If you are finding rifles you forgot about, you may have too many - or be a redneck....

My problem is finding things I know I have when I want them! Sometimes 2 minutes after I last used the damned thing!

A quarter pound chunk of shrapnel that I brought back from Vietnam.
Always finding something I forgot was around. Not a big deal it's the stuff that I know I got that I can't find finally give up go by more and then I find it that pisses me off
This getting older stuff doesn’t sound so bad.... Every once in a while, you get random presents.

Still middle age, but lot of moves, jobs, couple countries, gf’s, etc behind me. That means, “Why do i have three pairs of matching sleeping bags? I was irritated thinking i’d needlessly bought two pair!”

“Dammm... i really do have four pair of similar, near-new insulated hunting boots... that aren’t even suited to where live now.”

“Couldn’t find those reloading dies, but no worries, Brownell’s box came today! ... Oh, phuuck. Here they are....”
You wankers forgot about this thread already?

GEESH!
Posted By: Terryk Re: Things you forgot you had! - 04/01/20
I have an ammo can full of M14 parts like op rods and trigger assemblies, and I can't find it. Probably a lot of money in that box.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Things you forgot you had! - 04/01/20
When I was 12 I was fishing at a family get together and had no luck. An older relative handed me a green and red and orange spinner and suddenly I caught about 6 bass in 10 minutes.

A few weeks later it got caught in a bush along the shore and I jerked the rod to free it and it came back at 400mph and buried itself in my hand.

The e.r. doc cut it up while removing it and suddenly I had no magic spinner anymore.

So the next time I went to the store I grabbed another one.

Fast forward to age 39. I opened up a lot of old tackle boxes to organize them and found I now have about 12 of those exact spinners. So either they reproduce over time or I had been buying one every time I forgot I had bought the last one, for a couple decades lol

Gotta be some kinda lesson or message in there but damn if I can find it. Lol
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Things you forgot you had! - 04/01/20
I forgot what I forgot grin
Cant find a large box of small pistol primers, have every other size and kind!, didnt think I had used them all up!
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Things you forgot you had! - 04/01/20
Originally Posted by Lennie
As I get older, I find more stuff like an envelope with $500.00 inside in the bottom of a drawer. A rifle, and I still trying to remember where it came from.

Your not supposed to be digging, in your wifes underwear drawer! Jeesh😉
© 24hourcampfire