Home
There's been a few different threads about investing lately and I've enjoyed some of the knowledge and opinions shared on investing. I'd like to know what stocks you guys are watching and st what price would you buy them. I'm watching several already but I'm always interested in other perspectives. I'll list a few below.

Boeing BA my broker talked me out of buying it at about $90 a week or two ago because of their problems and debt load. Long term I think they are still a buy and wish I would have bought at 90. If anyone's too big to fail it seems like they are. If it gets a bit closer to $100 I'll buy.

Twist bioscience TWST they make synthetic models of dna and RNA strands to be used in research for making vaccines and other things. I saw them on TV the other day saying how busy they are. I'm watching them for a down day to buy with maybe more of a short term play.

Coca Cola KA They survived two world wars and the great depression. If the price dips close to the 52 week low I'll buy some to hold long term.

Tractor Supply Stores TSCO if they get close to 70 again I'll buy. Solid store and people still need to farm. Not much of a dividend though.

Shell RDSb I already bought and sold some of this and did well. I went for oil energy first because i thought that was where the best buys were a few weeks ago because of the double whammy virus and price war. It's up a bunch from a few weeks ago but if the Russians and Saudis don't make a deal soon it may drop again and I'll buy if it hits 25 or under again.

Bb
Too chicken to buy individual stocks, but I did pick up some FSPHX (Fidelity Select Health Care Portfolio) and am watching/waiting to step in on FLCEX (Fidelity Large Cap - S&P 500 type) or FZROX (a Total Market fund). These don't have the potential for big gainers like individual stocks but they also tend to take the edge off of a drop.
VFIAX
Posted By: OAM Re: Stocks to watch. Campfire list - 04/03/20
Awesome idea for a post! I'll take a look at TWST. I bought a handful of shares of ALLY yesterday. My 401k guy told me "dont touch your face or portfolio unless your adding food or stocks".
XOM. Exxon Mobile is a stock that will return to form as Russia and Saudi Arabia quit playing "lets try to kill each other".
If you listen to MSM, this stock portfolio may interest you.

https://frugalfortunes.com/funeral-home-stocks-death-care-trends/
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
XOM. Exxon Mobile is a stock that will return to form as Russia and Saudi Arabia quit playing "lets try to kill each other".

I dont touch any specific oil stock unless is shares in Brent oil funds. Oilfield production companies are just too freaking volatile. I dont have the stomach for it. There are safe bets in tech that are more my speed.
Short list of tech and consumer cyclical stock, I'll add some financials and energy to the list after things shake out a bit. I think we will go down a bit from here, maybe a few more months but I'm building my watch lists.

CSCO
INTC
AMD
HPE
NKE
AAPL
UPS
DIS
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Short list of tech and consumer cyclical stock, I'll add some financials and energy to the list after things shake out a bit. I think we will go down a bit from here, maybe a few more months but I'm building my watch lists.

CSCO
INTC
AMD
HPE
NKE
AAPL
UPS
DIS

I like HPE too.
I'm still bullish on FCX

BA
MRK
OXY
AXDX
COG
AM
ALK
LUV
COG
BA
NUGT
opgn

Adjusting and following others
Great thread 👍🏻

I’m mainly watching some blue chip dividend paying stocks, many of which have already been mentioned.

Hoping it provides a boost fo our kids down the road, at this juncture it’s difficult to see where mom & I will need to touch our investment accounts 🤷🏻‍♂️

But you never know............opening up your own tiger zoo ain’t cheap
Adding a few gold stocks
FNV is a buy up to $115
AEM up to $54
and SA up to $12
You should add some bitcoin
and
EDIT Edit is the cure for a form of blindness and it will be coming out public soon. It is selling cheep right now. I just added to this for the 3rd time....
\and some crisper
Drone instrumentation and thermal cameras..
Microprocessors
Basic materials (soup cans and wood pulp)
Posted By: efw Re: Stocks to watch. Campfire list - 04/03/20
3M
Any thoughts on ServiceMaster or the like being called in to sanitize before lots of places open back up?
Originally Posted by centershot
Too chicken to buy individual stocks, but I did pick up some FSPHX (Fidelity Select Health Care Portfolio) and am watching/waiting to step in on FLCEX (Fidelity Large Cap - S&P 500 type) or FZROX (a Total Market fund). These don't have the potential for big gainers like individual stocks but they also tend to take the edge off of a drop.

You should do well with FSPHX I did.
Investors Business Daily has these as their "Long Term Leaders," stocks that have performed well over the last three - five years.

ADBE - Adobe Inc
AMED - Amedisys Inc
BABA - Alibaba Group Hldg Ads
CPRT - Copart Inc
DG - Dollar General Corp
DPZ - Dominos Pizza Inc
EPAM - Epam Systems Inc
FISV - Fiserv Inc
MA - Mastercard Inc Cl A
MASI - Masimo Corp
MSCI - M S C I Inc
MSFT - Microsoft Corp
NOW - Servicenow Inc
TMO - Thermo Fisher
Originally Posted by horse1
Any thoughts on ServiceMaster or the like being called in to sanitize before lots of places open back up?

Excellent foresight right there....
I decided to get a little reckless. I bought UPS, GUSH (2X levered oil etf), USO (oil), SGOL (Swiss gold), Alaska Air. The only one that worries me a little is Alaska Air but they mostly operate in the U.S.
I like to watch the stock on my Connecticut Shotgun M21 Over/Under 20 ga.. It's Exhibition Grade Black Walnut.
Originally Posted by Hastings
I decided to get a little reckless. I bought UPS, GUSH (2X levered oil etf), USO (oil), SGOL (Swiss gold), Alaska Air. The only one that worries me a little is Alaska Air but they mostly operate in the U.S.

I would not have bought Alaska airlines just because they dropped their sponsorship of the iditarod. Phhuck em.
Hormel, General Mills,Apple,micron,zoom,zoetis,chlorox,Microsoft,campbells soup,Mac Donald's,

EMOR
Abvie
BRK-B

When Warren Buffett goes broke we will all live in caves and make fire rubbing sticks. Berkshire Hathaway has been very good to me.

It’s off 20%.

We’re talking about Warren Buffet. I'm buying as much as I can. Took profits on bond holdings and jumped on it.
read this before playing the pony's ie stocks

https://www.amazon.com/MONEY-Master-Game-Financial-Freedom/dp/1476757860
Tag
Originally Posted by cooper57m
I like to watch the stock on my Connecticut Shotgun M21 Over/Under 20 ga.. It's Exhibition Grade Black Walnut.

I’m kind of fond of my old Winchester 21 stocks.
[Linked Image from ]
ALK is going down to 20$ to check support, IMO, maybe a rally there, but it will be anemic . I will be shorting it with any decent rally. I think the airlines are in for a long hard road.
ARNA
Originally Posted by broomd

How about any of the companies that build crude oil/gas/diesel storage tanks? Given the low price of oil and Trump's urgency to buy crude, any chance that .Gov builds/buys a bunch of storage @ military bases all over the country?

I have nothing to do with the financial industry at all, just trying to think of stuff folks haven't already run up yet.

Who is going to clean and set up all these ventilators that are moving all over the place?
Posted By: OAM Re: Stocks to watch. Campfire list - 04/04/20
Originally Posted by Toddly
Originally Posted by cooper57m

I’m kind of fond of my old Winchester 21 stocks.
[Linked Image from ]

Beautiful portfolio!
Originally Posted by kingston

Who is going to clean and set up all these ventilators that are moving all over the place?

GE Biomed services maybe? The larger of the 2 local hospitals rolled all of their Biomed services over to GE contractors about 6-7yrs ago, all the employees had to re-interview w/GE to keep their jobs.

I think the vents that are being mass-produced are essentially GE units so GE Biomed services to service, clean, and re-deploy them would make sense. The vents are going to have to be certified before being deployed then decontaminated, serviced, and re-certified prior to re-deployment.
Originally Posted by bowfisher
ALK is going down to 20$ to check support, IMO, maybe a rally there, but it will be anemic . I will be shorting it with any decent rally. I think the airlines are in for a long hard road.

JETS ETF.

Do your own research. Come to your own conclusions. It recently was down around ~$11...

If it were to go sub ~$8...........

Especially if the market sells off, but we all see news of a positive path out of this mess....... Dayom.
Originally Posted by kingston

GE Biomed services maybe? The larger of the 2 local hospitals rolled all of their Biomed services over to GE contractors about 6-7yrs ago, all the employees had to re-interview w/GE to keep their jobs.

I think the vents that are being mass-produced are essentially GE units so GE Biomed services to service, clean, and re-deploy them would make sense. The vents are going to have to be certified before being deployed then decontaminated, serviced, and re-certified prior to re-deployment.

That will be quite the job. The number of vents being simultaneously moved around has to be many hundreds of times more than normal.
Interesting never knew servicemaster was a publicly traded company, I am in the same business, in my area servicemaster was huge 10 years ago. Hardly see them now, if the economy slows look for an influx of construction companies to compete for their market share
Originally Posted by duck911

JETS ETF.

Do your own research. Come to your own conclusions. It recently was down around ~$11...

If it were to go sub ~$8...........

Especially if the market sells off, but we all see news of a positive path out of this mess....... Dayom.

JETS should rebound just fine.
Most of you have lost your minds. Now is not the time to buy. It's only the beginning of the global recession...
Originally Posted by CanadianLefty
Most of you have lost your minds. Now is not the time to buy. It's only the beginning of the global recession...

Globel Recession you say?
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

Globel Recession you say?

Yes. Definitely. Come back to me in 6 months and if we are not in a global recession, I will make a charitable donation in your name to the Covid-19 relief organization of your choosing.
That's why there is a market, everyone can place their bets and put their money where their mouth is. I will watch the charts and see what they say, but right now, they tell me we have a higher probability of a downside move than an upside, but I'm just a redneck from Iowa.

IMO there will be a couple airlines that don't survive this. If you can short the correct ones, you don't have to close out the trade for taxes. ( unless that changed last year) Ride it til ZERO !
Maximum despair and pessimism is the time to buy. Question is when does that happen. Buying something beaten down and cheap is not human nature.
So...global recession. Means all stocks will be dirt cheap and when it comes back to normal i will be very rich.

Does he not understand simple concepts like buying things on sale and not at the highest price?
SPY @ 193
IWM @ 90
MGM- MGM resorts international- Long term hold for me
OGI- Organigram (pot stock) Short term more than likely....
APHA- Aphria (pot stock)
PINS - pinterest- Partnering with scientists to launch "How we feel" app to track covidm cases. I like in the mid term
CDAY - Ceridian Holdings (pot stock)
XOM- Long term hold for me
GM if it hits $10-$12 or lower
PAYC- Paycom, was at $337 end of Feb., $165 today. Software that a LOT of small businesses use for HR, Payroll etc.
Mostly larger small businesses though, so I don't think it's going to take a hit from all the really small businesses
shuttering permanently that we're undoubtedly going to see/are seeing.
WORK- Slack technologies inc. facilitates working from home.

Watching:
DG- Dollar General
PZZA- Papa Johns
BA- Boeing
SYY- SYSCO, once restaurants and schools reopen it should be GTG?

*Edit to add*
I don't smoke weed, even though I mentioned 4 cannabis
Stocks.

Presently, I mean.

How about any of the companies that build crude oil/gas/diesel storage tanks? Given the low price of oil and Trump's urgency to buy crude, any chance that .Gov builds/buys a bunch of storage @ military bases all over the country?

I have nothing to do with the financial industry at all, just trying to think of stuff folks haven't already run up yet.

Uncle Sammie already said they would lease space in the Strategic reserves to oil companies
It’s been an interesting month. I just don’t know what to buy or hold. Have $20k in a gun slush fund and been thinking about dumping it into the market to play with.
Informative thread, keep it flowing
Income stocks:

PCI
PTY
SLJ-A
EPR
CEQP-P
Posted By: OAM Re: Stocks to watch. Campfire list - 04/05/20
Originally Posted by persiandog
SPY @ 193
IWM @ 90

I sold and purchased both with perfect timing. One of my few great stock market moments.
Picked up more BA when it dropped below $124
That's why there is a market, everyone can place their bets and put their money where their mouth is. I will watch the charts and see what they say, but right now, they tell me we have a higher probability of a downside move than an upside, but I'm just a redneck from Iowa.

IMO there will be a couple airlines that don't survive this. If you can short the correct ones, you don't have to close out the trade for taxes. ( unless that changed last year) Ride it til ZERO !

I'm in the same camp, watching and waiting. But it could be a year wait and slow grind down. Weaker airlines will probably go away but larger airlines like Delta, United, Alaska, and SW will survive but may have greatly reduced value depending on how .gov bailout package works.

I think there is going to be some very grim financial news coming out in the next few months. It's going to take a year or two to get the economy re-booted. This isn't a one quarter and done thing.

Think you're right

Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

I'm in the same camp, watching and waiting. But it could be a year wait and slow grind down. Weaker airlines will probably go away but larger airlines like Delta, United, Alaska, and SW will survive but may have greatly reduced value depending on how .gov bailout package works.

I think there is going to be some very grim financial news coming out in the next few months. It's going to take a year or two to get the economy re-booted. This isn't a one quarter and done thing.
Originally Posted by Hastings
Maximum despair and pessimism is the time to buy. Question is when does that happen. Buying something beaten down and cheap is not human nature.

Agreed. I am usually an optimist, but in this case, all indications at this time are pointing to a global recession. I will jump in at some point in the next 3-12 months and dollar cost average down.

Stocks to buy :

Exhibition Grade Black Walnut .

$ 550 Shipped Lower 48

However , I did buy , among others, 1000 shares Moderna ( MRNA) 2 months ago.

The question is: should I take the 10 K gain and sell now or hold??????

Attached picture IMG_2484.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2453 (1).jpg
Originally Posted by ribka
Picked up more BA when it dropped below $124

BA up 15 per cent today. Made some decent profits. All my stocks up today.

Probably big correction tomorrow. Evaluate and cash some out.

interesting perspective on our current economy and where we go from here
As much as I don't like the CEO, Amazon may come out good as people buy more stuff online.
Another crazy market this morning . Was done by 10 EST. Cashed out early on a bunch of stocks. OXY made another big move so did ALK, CLR.

As posted above on 04/ 06/ 20

1000 shares of Moderna ( mrna)

Hit about $ 68 / share a couple weeks ago.

Not too bad.
© 24hourcampfire