Home
Yesterdays data:

Italy 230
Spain 216
France 83
UK 43
USA 18

Global count for dead approx. 50,000
or 1 in 150,000, or 0.00066% of world population.
So, in the USA if you have roughly 9 of these stadiums right next to each other and filled to capacity, 18 people would die. Think about it.

China alone lost more than 50,000.
What’s the death rate per 1,000,000 for medical mistakes?
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

USA

active cases 257,291, serious/critical 5787 (2.2%)
What's the death toll for the world for every virus that has originated in that yellow $hithole in the past year, or 5 years?
I think they are going to be in for the shytteth hitting the fanneth. Like trade, travel, maybe oil cut off. Crippling economic sanctions, etc. About damn time.
Make our stuff here, or if we want it cheap, there are plenty of other countries we can support.
on Tucker Carlson tonight

the IHME model predicted that is used, along with other data has been pretty accurate in the number of deaths, however its been very off in the predictions of hospital patients. For example, it predicted New York , as of today would need 56,000 beds. New York is at 13,400 beds. Oklahoma would need 1000, they have 38

3 states have exceeded the model, all small states with small numbers.

Our entire national shutdown is based on corona patients overrunning our hospital system.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now I'm not saying that this won't explode, and at the moment its bad, but its not as bad as the models have predicted.

So the issue is do we continue this long term shut down because its working far better than we imagined? or do we lessen the degree of it because the modeling was wrong

10m people are unemployed. That number is going to double?triple? higher? in the next few weeks. 1 in 4 small business are closed in this country. Many of them won't come back.

Even Fauci is at the point to where he says you treat New York City different than Nebraska
Looks pretty ominous for USA. At least 1,320 Covid-19 deaths just today, and the death rate from yesterday increased to 22 per million.
Originally Posted by moosemike

Ya think?
Originally Posted by antlers
Looks pretty ominous for USA. At least 1,320 Covid-19 deaths just today, and the death rate from yesterday increased to 22 per million.

Do you have a speculative figure for how many will ultimately die in the USA?

Pence estimated 240,000 at the highest.
(0.073%)
Originally Posted by Starman
I shudder to think about it. If it continues here in the USA like it has so far, the numbers are going to be staggering. Coupled with the fact that a vaccine in 12 to 18 months would be lightning speed as far as developing vaccines go.
Have some sympathy...these are people’s lives. Peoples loved ones.

This is scary stuff and hard times. We have no idea how bad this is going to get. Let’s pray and hope we get through it without having to bury over a quarter million! of our fellow Americans

The nay sayers are just as guilty as the dooms dayers
Originally Posted by Quak
Have some sympathy...these are people’s lives. Peoples loved ones. This is scary stuff and hard times. We have no idea how bad this is going to get. Let’s pray and hope we get through it without having to bury over a quarter million! of our fellow Americans.
^^This^^
!/4 million is the approximate number of abortions world wide every two days

2016, approximately 34% of all pregnancies in New York City (excluding spontaneous miscarriages) ended in abortion (CDC).

Between one and two thousand every day in the US

Yeah I know that has nothing to do with this virus, no judgments here, just some perspective

This is scary stuff and hard times. We have no idea how bad this is going to get. Let’s pray and hope we get through it without having to bury over a quarter million! of our fellow Americans

No one is lacking sympathy, every one of these deaths are tragic to the deceased's love ones,friends etc.....However the actual numbers, especially those from respected countries that are actually being factual with thier reporting....not the ChiComs....dont exactly back the Apocalyptic pictures being painted by the MSM and others.
We'll never know the real count because some very large countries aren't reporting the truth. China, of course is lying constantly. I saw a virus map yesterday that showed N. Korea and Russia with zero. Do they think we're stupid enough to believe that? Countries like Bangladesh and India have a vast poverty stricken population. I wonder if they even know how many people there are, let alone how many have it.
Originally Posted by 700LH

2016, approximately 34% of all pregnancies in New York City (excluding spontaneous miscarriages) ended in abortion (CDC).

Yeah I know that has nothing to do with this virus, no judgments here, just some perspective

Very good point, yet nobody seems to do any pearl clutching over the innocent babies that get killed. Crickets...

(0.073%)

And what would it be if these measures had not been taken?

Higher, do you think?

Geno

Guilty of what?
Originally Posted by dassa

Guilty of what?

Being a pinheaded âsshòle.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

(0.073%)

And what would it be if these measures had not been taken?....

White House would better know how many lives
will be saved by current lock down measures.
.. Don't know if they mentioned a figure.

some CF alarmists earlier said deaths could go
to over 1% and even exceed 2% of population.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
So, in the USA if you have roughly 9 of these stadiums right next to each other and filled to capacity, 18 people would die. Think about it.

And if you had 90 of these stadiums, right next to each other and filled to capacity, that's how many people had to file for unemployment in the last two weeks!

And if each of them is in a family with three people average, now you've created misery for 270 stadiums full of people. A lot more than 18 will die due to crime, depression, drugs, and suicide.

It's time to stop this crap!
OR you could be living in a country with socialize medicine.........
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

And if you had 90 of these stadiums, right next to each other and filled to capacity, that's how many people had to file for unemployment in the last two weeks!

And if each of them is in a family with three people average, now you've created misery for 270 stadiums full of people. A lot more than 18 will die due to crime, depression, drugs, and suicide.

It's time to stop this crap!

Agree.
Originally Posted by bowfisher
Originally Posted by 700LH

Very good point, yet nobody seems to do any pearl clutching over the innocent babies that get killed. Crickets...

Speak for yourself
If COVID continues to climb this ranking, will anyone change their assessment of its risk? What if it overtakes the one disease above that can also be caught from a sneeze?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Originally Posted by kingston

Guilty of what?

Ah. So nothing important.
Originally Posted by Stickfight
If COVID continues to climb this ranking, will anyone change their assessment of its risk? What if it overtakes the one disease above that can also be caught from a sneeze?

I won't. This virus is pretty much a one year thing. It will be here always, but by next year, almost everyone will have been exposed, most will be immune, and society will have developed here immunity. All those other things will be here killing the same number every year.
Herd immunity seems preferable to a vaccine, but it does make sense to me that we should try to avoid overwhelming the health care system on the way to it.
Herd immunity seems preferable to a vaccine, but it does make sense to me that we should try to avoid overwhelming the health care system on the way to it.

I started another thread a few days ago about Sweden's response to this. I'm not sure that anything we can do will affect the healthcare system one way or another to any appreciable degree. At least not with the delays we had in implementing things. Remember a bunch of politicians were telling people not to worry, celebrate mardi gras and Chinese New Year, etc. By then, the virus was spreading and it was too late for all these draconian efforts. I guess time will tell.
Yearly Deaths.

United States: Number of deaths of persons age 65 and over: 2,067,404
Deaths per 100,000 population:
65-74: 1,790.9
75-84: 4,472.6
85 and over: 13,573.6

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/older-american-health.htm

Multiply those by 10, to get the per million number.

Nobody is allowed to die, when a Republican is in office.

Just like the homeless "problem".

It vanishes when demorrhoids are in control.

Some off you chicken littles may want to watch this.... some good common sense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO1uV-QB5Xk

I’m a season ticket holder - Go Blue.

We might all be wearing face masks in the stadium but I bet we’ll be there.
Originally Posted by irfubar

Wooohooo!! Well now!! Nothing to worry about then! That guy is right and the WHO is full of [bleep], who would have thought!! I’m converted, and will be going door to door to let everyone know that there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Don’t I feel silly!!!
Originally Posted by akaSawDoctor

Wooohooo!! Well now!! Nothing to worry about then! That guy is right and the WHO is full of [bleep], who would have thought!! I’m converted, and going to be going door to door and let everyone know that there is absolutely nothing to worry about. There is absolutely no need to be cautious! This will sort itself out and go back to resuming your normal routines.

Don’t I feel silly!!!

Do some homework and you will be amazed at what you find out about the head of the WHO.......

he predicted a 3.4% death rate... LMAO
Uh....Pete Townshend.

Wooohooo!! Well now!! Nothing to worry about then! That guy is right and the WHO is full of [bleep], who would have thought!! I’m converted, and going to be going door to door and let everyone know that there is absolutely nothing to worry about. There is absolutely no need to be cautious! This will sort itself out and go back to resuming your normal routines.

Don’t I feel silly!!!

Do some homework and you will be amazed at what you find out about the head of the WHO.......

Was that death rate predicted with or without implementing social distancing?

He will be within 1.5 %. I’d say that’s pretty close.

Don’t I feel silly!!!

3.4%/10,000 is the death rate of people suffering GBM (Glioblastoma IV) this is considered a very rare incurable disease. The rate hasn't improved in over 30 years. A fatal diagnosis will improve your math skills.

Don’t I feel silly!!!

The Egyptian dude that runs the WHO was appointed by China.... many as we speak are calling for his resignation.... and no 3.4% is not the same as 1.5% , I understand not everyone is good at math.. wink

Fauci said last January the 'covid" poses no threat to the U.S. I have a hint for you, the experts aren't to be trusted

The information is out there ... now would be a good time to educate yourself

Guilty of what?

It’s hard to tell on this board if some people are really that oblivious or just trolling. Hope it’s the latter dassa. 😁

Guilty of what?

It’s hard to tell on this board if some people are really that oblivious or just trolling. Hope it’s the latter dassa. 😁

Says the guy who believes the WHO......... I bet you like the U.N. also.... voted for Obama?

Guilty of what?

Says the guy who believes the WHO......... I bet you like the U.N. also.... voted for Obama?

Hahaha just because I believe that not everyone has a secret agenda does not make me a liberal.

Guilty of what?

Hahaha just because I believe that not everyone has a secret agenda does not make me a liberal.

Well then the main stream media is a good fit for you..... congratulations.....
Nearly 1,200 people were killed by Covid-19 just ‘yesterday alone’ here in the USA. That’s a 16% increase above the typical number of daily deaths in the USA from all causes.
Nearly 1,200 people were killed by Covid-19 just ‘yesterday alone’ here in the USA. That’s a 16% increase above the typical number of daily deaths in the USA from all causes.

Did you make that up?

How many people die a day in the US?
Leave a reply
According to the United Nations World Population Prospects report, approximately 7,452 people die every day in the United States. In other words, a person dies in the US approximately every 12 seconds. You can see a live clock keeping track of how many people have died today at https://www.indexmundi.com/clocks/indicator/deaths/united-states. You can compare the number of deaths in the US to the number of deaths in other countries at https://www.indexmundi.com/clocks/indicator/deaths.

Note: The numbers in this post were estimated without taking into account the effects of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The net effect of the pandemic on the average number of deaths in the US will not be clear until some time in the future. Today (March 29, 2020), 484 deaths were reported due to COVID-19, which is close to 6.5% of the normal number of daily deaths; however, it is possible that deaths due to other causes may have decreased because of widespread social distancing, quarantine, and stay-at-home measures. On the other hand, there may also be an increase in the number of deaths that could have been prevented if medical resources were not focused on COVID-19 patients. For more information about COVID-19 cases and deaths in the US, visit our coronavirus section.
No wonder you think the sky is falling...... msm is not your friend

Total deaths in the US are down in 2020, from previous years.
If it saves one child's life we should shut it down!
Did you make that up? How many people die a day in the US? Leave a reply....

1,200 (Covid-19 deaths ‘yesterday alone’ in USA)
7,500 (daily deaths in the USA from all other causes)

7,500 + 16% (1,200) = 8,700 (total daily deaths ‘yesterday alone’ in the USA, including Covid-19 deaths)

So, again...Nearly 1,200 people were killed by Covid-19 just ‘yesterday alone’ here in the USA. That’s a 16% increase above the typical number of daily deaths in the USA from all causes.

Guilty of what?

Well then the main stream media is a good fit for you..... congratulations.....

Hardly, the media is the equivalent to a circus. No doubt they embellish the truth for ratings.

There is alternative sources out there if you are looking.

Guilty of what?

Then I'll ask you-what are they guilty of? Did they create the virus? Did they bring it into the country or go around intentionally spreading it? Or did they just voice an opinion you don't agree with?

You might be prone to feeling guilty for stuff you didn't do. I don't.
Regarding the numbers given and quoted on the White House public information briefings. If some of you fellows had been listening to Rush last week? He pretty convincingly shredded the so called "modelers". Aside from the obvious, garbage in, garbage out, ie, using things like 'no precautionary measures taken' and stats from third world and socialized med systems...there is the very simple fact that none of these people had been vetted as to their bona fides in the field of contagion. None of them were willing to put their names or reputations on their work product. Say what? Would you drive on a bridge designed on plans that the engineers didn't sign off on?
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Regarding the numbers given and quoted on the White House public information briefings. If some of you fellows had been listening to Rush last week? He pretty convincingly shredded the so called "modelers". Aside from the obvious, garbage in, garbage out, ie, using things like 'no precautionary measures taken' and stats from third world and socialized med systems...there is the very simple fact that none of these people had been vetted as to their bona fides in the field of contagion. None of them were willing to put their names or reputations on their work product. Say what? Would you drive on a bridge designed on plans that the engineers didn't sign off on?

Good grief flintlocke, don't let logic get in the way of a good panic......
Sorry Fubar, I'm not myself lately, I'm looking for a well constructed, SAFE bridge to jump off of, one that has no Covid Kooties on the guardrails.
Originally Posted by flintlocke

Have you no shame!? I hope you're feeling as guilty as I am.
I for one don't know where the truth lays. I do know that I am old and my health is compromised. it is no sacrifice for me to stay home, I do it all the time anyway.
this I do know. the America we had a few short months ago is gone. what we have on the other side of this mess is anyone's guess.
we changed during ww2, we changed during Viet Nam, we really changed on 911. this will make those look like a hiccup.
A hiccup?

How do you figure?
Well......Missouri is already 1/3 to quota
Nationally
Aready past the 18 per million
Did you make that up? How many people die a day in the US? Leave a reply....

1,200 (Covid-19 deaths ‘yesterday alone’ in USA)
7,500 (daily deaths in the USA from all other causes)

7,500 + 16% (1,200) = 8,700 (total daily deaths ‘yesterday alone’ in the USA, including Covid-19 deaths)

So, again...Nearly 1,200 people were killed by Covid-19 just ‘yesterday alone’ here in the USA. That’s a 16% increase above the typical number of daily deaths in the USA from all causes.

I don't think that anyone, including you and me, knows with any degree of certainty what the number of deaths directly attributable to COVID-19 are. Furthermore, we don't have accurate demographic data to project what groups are at the greatest risk of dying and which groups face a much lower risk of dying.

In the end, when there are accurate numbers, the death toll from COVID-19 will probably be a fraction of 1% of the U.S. population.

Even at 65, I'll happily take my chances with the odds running 99 to 1 in my favor. Unlike some, I refuse to live in fear until there is something more deadlyl than COVID-19 knocking on my front door.
Total number of Covid deaths in NYC, with no underlying conditions, as of April 3, 2020:

Originally Posted by Fubarski
Total number of Covid deaths in NYC, with no underlying conditions, as of April 3, 2020:

Got a source for that?

Shisssh you already got bail for the whole train thing? How far did you come up short of the ship?
There are 330,000,000 of us. This isn't even a good start
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Got a source for that?
Probably more traffic deaths from simply driving to the stadium.

IF gov. made better lifestyle choices compulsory
and enforced them on the people, it would significantly
reduce the top two killers on that chart.

Those who support gov. restricting and controlling
the population for the 'greater good' concerning C19, should not object to such measures being applied to
the giant regular Killers - heart disease and stroke.

Good point. That would probably decimate a few industries and reduce government revenue though.
I am in a Seattle suburb of 22,000 in 6 sq miles.
We have 51 cases and 2 deaths total as of today.
We typically have 200 deaths per year of other causes, so COVID-19 is no big deal, except there is no traffic.

Scott Adams says the USA has net negative deaths because more highway deaths have been prevented than lives lost to COVID-19.
The USA typically has 100 highway deaths per day. We are having 1000 COVID-19 deaths per day now, so Virus deaths are catching up quickly.
1% of the 330,000,000 U.S. citizens is 3,300,000.

We would need to average 9,041 deaths from COVID-19 every day, for 365 days, to kill off 1% of the U.S. population.

I doubt that anywhere close to 9,041 people are going to die every day for an entire year and although I don't know what the final tally will be, I am hopeful that it will end up being less than 0.1% and that it will mostly take the old, the weak, and those who already have underlying health issues.
There’s a lotta old men on this board. Some of em’ are in pretty good shape too, but they’re still “old”. Regardless...I’m certain that many of em’...and their loved ones...don’t feel their lives are as ‘expendable’ as you do.

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/downloads/pdf/imm/covid-19-daily-data-summary-deaths-04032020-1.pdf
Keep the minority of those highly vulnerable to C19
locked down, and let the rest of society get on with life.
There’s a lotta old men on this board. Some of em’ are in pretty good shape too, but they’re still “old”. Regardless...I’m certain that many of em’...and their loved ones...don’t feel their lives are as ‘expendable’ as you do.

Natures call..... simple as that.

As hunters we should understand that and accept it!
I DO!

if the covid takes me out so be it.... nobody gets out alive

Live a full life and go out with dignity

Those who support gov. restricting and controlling
the population for the 'greater good' concerning C19, should not object to such measures being applied to
such giant regular Killers - heart disease and stroke.

Wow!! I’m amazed!! Yes buddy, a=b and b=c so c=a. Seriously? Lol

Being honest about difficult situations is what adult leadership is all about.

Nobody is looking to the Greta Thunbergs of the World for answers when the going get tough.

Nobody wants to die before their time, but lots of people do just that via car accidents every single day and life goes on.
Unbelievable

Smallpox, for example, was “Nature’s call” too. Thankfully, through much personal suffering and death and cost...and effort...it was eradicated.
Remember Italy?

The liberals' favorite Covid destination?

"A Milan University study estimates up to 20 million Italians are covid-19 “cases” including mildly/asymptomatic persons.

So case-fatality ratio may eventually be a maximum of 50,000-60,000 deaths/20 million, or 0.25% to 0.30% mortality rate."

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...te-may-0-25-0-30-much-lower-predictions/
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Being honest about difficult situations is what adult leadership is all about. Nobody is looking to the Greta Thunbergs of the World for answers when the going gets tough.
Devaluing the lives of others is what the slave owners did. It’s what the Nazis did. Devaluing the lives of others...especially to the point that they are deemed expendable’...is pretty flippin’ evil.

Smallpox, for example, was “Nature’s call” too. Thankfully, through much personal suffering and death and cost...and effort...it was eradicated.

If you spend three weeks in the hospital on a ventilator at a cost of $750.000 and you don't have $750,000 to pay do you deserve to live? or should others pay?

A small pox shot is what $100
Being honest about difficult situations is what adult leadership is all about. Nobody is looking to the Greta Thunbergs of the World for answers when the going gets tough.
Devaluing the lives of others is what the slave owners did. It’s what the Nazis did. Devaluing the lives of others...especially to the point that they are deemed expendable’...is pretty flippin’ evil.

No wonder millenials hate boomers

If you spend three weeks in the hospital on a ventilator at a cost of $750.000 and you don't have $750,000 to pay do you deserve to live? or should others pay?
If it’s one of your loved ones...a beloved wife or daughter, for example...and ‘you’ can’t pay for it...are ‘you’ good with just letting them die...?
A small pox shot is what $100
A LOT more than ‘that’ went into its eradication.

Now we know why President Trump had to extend the quarantine.

The CDC instructed the hospitals to lie about whether or not a patient that died had Covid:

"Will COVID-19 be the underlying cause?
The underlying cause depends upon what and where conditions are reported on the death certificate.
However, the rules for coding and selection of the underlying cause of death are expected to result in COVID19 being the underlying cause more often than not."

“COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to death,”

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/...-code-introduced-for-COVID-19-deaths.pdf
No one ever died of AID's either, for the same reasons you state.

All lives aren't equal, remember that one of the rules of the sea is that in a crisis women and children get a higher priority for seats in the lifeboats.

I've never owned a slave or been a member of the Nazi Party, so I can't help you with that.

Some people have what it takes to make tough choices, but most don't.
Ain’t much of a “tough choice” to devalue the lives of others.

English physicians noticed that milkmaids were immune to smallpox, as a result of being exposed to the less severe cowpox.

for all we know C19 could well be the 'cowpox'
that helps the population gain immunity against
something potentially worse.
Originally Posted by akasparky
No one ever died of AID's either, for the same reasons you state.

No one ever died of AIDs, unless they were a gay crusader, and wanted it noted that way.

It was always listed as pneumonia, or organ failure, which was technically true.

So many that it resulted in normal people that actually died from pneumonia being thought gay, after their death.
Both Aids and current immunoCompromised
pre exhisting health conditions helping C19 deliver
Folks up to the grim reaper, are largely result of lifestyle choices.

Those who have treated their body badly are in their
own way, No less irresponsible and careless than
homosexuals.
Ain’t much of a “tough choice” to devalue the lives of others.

I'm not making choices for anyone, but if choices had to be made, I'm willing to step up and make them without letting emotions cloud my judgement.

As noted previously, not all lives are valued equally It might not be fair, but it is the way of things, remember the women and children getting priority seating in the lifeboats?

Didn’t know “old” was a lifestyle choice!! Learn something new here every day.

There are old people who don't have serious
Pre-exhisting health conditions and don't take
ImmunoCompromising drugs, so they are not
at the same risk level as other old folk who
have chronically abused their bodies.

Ummm I got news for you getting old is dangerous.... you had a lifetime to mentally prepare....

I am 58, if I die tomorrow that's ok, I lived my life....

I refuse to demand others to pay for a few more years for me.... if I can't pay myself then let me die with dignity

Don’t I feel silly!!!

The Egyptian dude that runs the WHO was appointed by China.... many as we speak are calling for his resignation.... and no 3.4% is not the same as 1.5% , I understand not everyone is good at math.. wink

Fauci said last January the 'covid" poses no threat to the U.S. I have a hint for you, the experts aren't to be trusted

The information is out there ... now would be a good time to educate yourself

Where did you get a 1.5%? mortality rate btw? I thought it was closer to 5% worldwide. I’ll have to check
.. Devaluing the lives of others is what the slave owners did. It’s what the Nazis did. Devaluing the lives of others...especially to the point that they are deemed expendable’...is pretty flippin’ evil.

History has repeatedly shown that everybody is expendable, from the no rights non citizen slave
all the way up to Emperors or modern era presidents.

If you saw two people drowning, but you could only
save one, would it be the 80 yr old or the 5 yr old?
.. Devaluing the lives of others is what the slave owners did. It’s what the Nazis did. Devaluing the lives of others...especially to the point that they are deemed expendable’...is pretty flippin’ evil.
History has repeatedly shown that everybody is expendable, from the no rights non citizen slave all the way up to Emperors or modern era presidents.
If you saw two people drowning, but you could only save one, would it be the 80 yr old or the 5 yr old?
I’d probably die tryin’ to save em’ both.
Three funerals instead of one.

But you would still attempt to save the 5 yr old
as first priority?
History has repeatedly shown that everybody is expendable, from the no rights non citizen slave all the way up to Emperors or modern era presidents.
If you saw two people drowning, but you could only save one, would it be the 80 yr old or the 5 yr old?

Feed that schit to somebody else... you are whining like a girl over the "covid" you would sit on the bank and dial 911
Feed that schit to somebody else... you are whining like a girl over the "covid" you would sit on the bank and dial 911
laffin’ at ya’...still.

I think that it would be the smarter move to save one life for sure than to potentially lose three lives.

Joe Delaney was in a similar situation. He failed to save two children and drowned himself, good intentions, failed execution.

It is clear that you and I approach challenges from very different directions and probably from very different levels of experience and/or training.
I am 75 years old.

I say stop the shutdown of the economy.

If it continues, many people will die from depression, suicides, despair, and drugs.

Open the economy. Intelligent people will take precautions.

We are destroying America in order to save it. It's ridiculous. Nobody has the slightest idea what the mortality rate is from the Chinese flu.

And you think the economy will rebound after a few short weeks of this crap? Nobody has any idea if it will or not.
If the virus is left to run its course without preventative action:

Assumptions:

-Case fatality rate of Korea is around 3%. They had done lots of testing and contact tracing. It is unlikely they are missing large number of cases.

-Good medical care saves about 50% of the ICU cases.

-Herd immunity is 60-70%...let us call it 200M for simplicity.

-People 40 and over are at significant risk, risk increases with age.

-15-20% of cases need hospital care.

-Hospital beds in U.S....+/- 2.6/1000

What that means if we do nothing and no effective treatments are found:

-Best case 6M dead

-Hospitals will be overwhelmed, case fatality could go as high as 6%.

-Worst case 12M dead.

That is why all the countries have taken serious action once they realize what this virus really is.

I have no agenda and I wish it were otherwise. But after researching from every angle I can think of, above is the conclusion reached for just letting it run its course.

The best way to mitigate economic damage verses cost of human life is with testing. Both for those with the disease and those who have antibodies (and presumably have some immunity). We didn't get on the testing soon enough, it is everywhere right now...so until we get a handle on it, a shutdown is required.

Hoping someone with knowledge can poke a hole in the logic...
The two most populous states, California and Texas, that’s nearly 70 million people, have a staggering total of 430 deaths COMBINED.

Cuomo just said that 74% of the hospital patients in New York have been discharged.

OPEN UP THE DAMNED ECONOMY BEFORE PERMANENT DAMAGE IS DONE!!!

if you contracted gangrene in your pinky, would you cut it off to save your arm?
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
If you contracted gangrene in your pinky, would you cut it off to save your arm?
That’s not even remotely comparable to devaluing the lives of others.
If you contracted gangrene in your pinky, would you cut it off to save your arm?

I like the Nazi, slave owner reference... damn that is right out of the leftist play book..... very original...

If nothing else this virus will expose a few more snowflake leftist here at the fire....
I like the Nazi, slave owner reference... damn that is right out of the leftist play book..... very original...
If nothing else this virus will expose a few more snowflake leftist here at the fire....
Let us all know when you are volunteering at the ER/hospital in an epicenter of this pandemic to help out with all the ‘alarmists’ doctors and nurses and respiratory therapists who are overreacting to these “colds” that are killing so many people. They would appreciate very much...you being so brave and all, and a “patriot”, and a “free man”...you helping them out.
Sounds like you are devaluing his life.
Originally Posted by moosemike

Not that i disagree, Yet where is the data on that?

AKA Spook's analogy seems reasonable to me, but of course it would, since you think that my pragmatic response to crisis devalues human life.

Every death is a tragedy for the deceased's family and friends.
Yesterdays data:

Italy 230
Spain 216
France 83
UK 43
USA 18

These are the numbers I've been telling people about since this whole foo-fraw started. Media driven panic. I worked ER for the swine flu, H1N1, SARS, ebola, et al. My protective device was handwashing. Period. And now that I'm retired, old (68), and asthmatic (since '74), I still don't give a damn about this, except that it's interfering with karate class and workouts at the Y. Here's a link to Johns Hopkins covid 19 map. Look at how few recovery cases are reported for the U.S. Wonder why they're not telling us the truth.

You are unfit for leadership.
Originally Posted by shootinurse
Yesterdays data:

Italy 230
Spain 216
France 83
UK 43
USA 18

These are the numbers I've been telling people about since this whole foo-fraw started. Media driven panic. I worked ER for the swine flu, H1N1, SARS, ebola, et al. My protective device was handwashing. Period. And now that I'm retired, old (68), and asthmatic (since '74), I still don't give a damn about this, except that it's interfering with karate class and workouts at the Y. Here's a link to Johns Hopkins covid 19 map. Look at how few recovery cases are reported for the U.S. Wonder why they're not telling us the truth.

Interesting, my wife is a retired nurse and has been telling me the exact same thing since this fiasco started......
© 24hourcampfire