Home
Posted By: Judman Idaho pulls the trigger.. - 04/04/20
https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/h...277-0630b727-8ed3-4d53-b599-bec7396e4570
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Idaho pulls the trigger.. - 04/04/20
Not a good sign...Come on Montana, don’t fold up on me. 😎
Posted By: Salty303 Re: Idaho pulls the trigger.. - 04/04/20
Not surprising I guess. I know you have rifle will travel Jud did you have a trip planned out there?
Damn
Posted By: GregW Re: Idaho pulls the trigger.. - 04/04/20
They're all gonna follow suit...

Best case I think is no scouting but reinstate for fall seasons. I hope.
Posted By: Judman Re: Idaho pulls the trigger.. - 04/04/20
Originally Posted by Salty303
Not surprising I guess. I know you have rifle will travel Jud did you have a trip planned out there?

Ya apply for deer elk antelope, if I strike out I roll over after thanksgiving and kill a whitetail or 2. If Montana cancels, I may be rollin across state lines like the road warrior!! 😂😂😂
Sounds like a good idea to discourage interstate travelers to the state during a time of crisis.

There are a bunch of folks in Blaine county wishing they had stopped interstate travel to their region about eight weeks ago.
Posted By: irfubar Re: Idaho pulls the trigger.. - 04/04/20
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Ahh hell Beav , this keeps up they will furlough all the fish cops.... we be sportin this mug for our whiskey... wink

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

they get that vast majority of the budget from tag/licenses sales
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Idaho pulls the trigger.. - 04/04/20
I am planning to be at mom's house in Montana next week to fix fence and get an ancient Ponderosa Pine bucked up that fell through a fence....want to turkey hunt while I am there. God I hope they doesn't follow suit.
This governor seems pretty wonky. He closed his entire state when so much of it had so little infection.
Posted By: EdM Re: Idaho pulls the trigger.. - 04/04/20
My son just received the email. We had a spring bear hunt planned at our place up north. His university graduation is cancelled and likely his wedding. My wife and I are booked for a fly fishing float thrip on the Kootenay in Montana in July. I am booked for 17 days in NE BC beginning the last day of August. We shall see...
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
This governor seems pretty wonky. He closed his entire state when so much of it had so little infection.

Trying to keep it that way. Unsuccessfully! We have sources of infection scattered throughout the state at this time.
Posted By: aalf Re: Idaho pulls the trigger.. - 04/04/20

I'll wait to hear canadian lefty's take on it.........
Originally Posted by aalf

Elkslayer91 will have the final word... book it
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Idaho pulls the trigger.. - 04/04/20
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by aalf

Elkslayer91 will have the final word... book it

Are you saying we could be in for some more entertainment?

Of the cut and past variety? crazy

Geno
Hopefully they stay off the thread
Geno, it's the campfire... threads can go off the rails at a moments notice
Originally Posted by EdM
My son just received the email. We had a spring bear hunt planned at our place up north. His university graduation is cancelled and likely his wedding. My wife and I are booked for a fly fishing float thrip on the Kootenay in Montana in July. I am booked for 17 days in NE BC beginning the last day of August. We shall see...

Damn it Ed, I’m rootin for ya.
The governor probably did this so the fish and game cops can continue killing elk at night with less chance of getting caught this time.
While I do hope you guys don't get screwed, as I have a couple friends that have been planning a hunt out here as well, the thought of an entire fishing/hunting season without tourists makes me smile..

Heading out now to a river utterly uncrowded with Utahns for the first time in memory.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Idaho pulls the trigger.. - 04/04/20
Geno, it's the campfire... threads can go off the rails at a moments notice

Boy, do I know that.

I'll do my best to stay focused today................

But my ADHD just might kick in and I'll be the culprit.

Geno
If only Colorado would do the same!
Originally Posted by GregW

Yep.

Monkey see. Monkey do.
Originally Posted by Judman

Hoping DickSlayer jumps on your head and tries to dry hump your face...

Having you on a guys ass would be an eternity of hell and brimstone.

And, Ole Slayer says he ain’t leaving the Fire...Oh, Judman!

😂😎

Ahh hell Beav , this keeps up they will furlough all the fish cops.... we be sportin this mug for our whiskey... wink

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

they get that vast majority of the budget from tag/licenses sales

I’m bringing a way bigger mug brother....Grins 😎
Originally Posted by Judman

Hoping DickSlayer jumps on your head and tries to dry hump your face...

Having you on a guys ass would be an eternity of hell and brimstone.

And, Ole Slayer says he ain’t leaving the Fire...Oh, Judman!

😂😎

😂😂😂
Posted By: greydog Re: Idaho pulls the trigger.. - 04/04/20
Makes perfect sense to me. I would be especially concerned about visitors from New York, New Jersey or California. GD
Hell it’s probably the people from those states that gave it to Idaho in the first place.
Posted By: molly Re: Idaho pulls the trigger.. - 04/04/20
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Sounds like a good idea to discourage interstate travelers to the state during a time of crisis.

There are a bunch of folks in Blaine county wishing they had stopped interstate travel to their region about eight weeks ago.

+1, ..................maybe he'll make it permanent.
I bought my Montana spring bear and fishing license 3 weeks ago. I guess I should’ve waited.
Posted By: 79S Re: Idaho pulls the trigger.. - 04/04/20
Lawsuits will follow watch, commerce clause is a real son of a bitch..
How many million or billion dollar businesses are tied to hunting industry? I know it’s a whole lot.
Just guessing but with Washington closing their spring seasons and fishing this seems to be a move to keep them home. I was out for work this week and the trail heads are packed with WA plate vehicles since they can’t play in their state they bring their COVID over here.
Posted By: WAM Re: Idaho pulls the trigger.. - 04/04/20
Isn’t Blaine County one of the few counties that voted libtard for Hillary last time? Sun Valley visitors from LA? But I wouldn’t wish CV-19 on anyone.
Originally Posted by WAM
Isn’t Blaine County one of the few counties that voted libtard for Hillary last time? Sun Valley visitors from LA? But I wouldn’t wish CV-19 on anyone.

Indeed.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Idaho pulls the trigger.. - 04/04/20
So the big game online application for fall hunts is shutdown?
That would mean no non-resident hunts this fall.

Geezus.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Idaho pulls the trigger.. - 04/04/20
We need to send Fubarski up to Ideeehoo to give that Governor the what for.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Idaho pulls the trigger.. - 04/04/20
This will hurt the fish and wildlife budget! Expect tag and license fees to climb. If not this year, next year! The return of dollars spent by out of state, hunters and fishermen, will not happen! The state will spend big dollars on lawsuits, filed over a couple hundred dollars! And no one wins in the long-term!
Posted By: atse Re: Idaho pulls the trigger.. - 04/04/20
They will have it up and running in the near future. Money talks, and IFG make a lot of money on nonresidents. They won't want to miss out on that.
Posted By: Lonny Re: Idaho pulls the trigger.. - 04/04/20
Originally Posted by atse
They will have it up and running in the near future. Money talks, and IFG make a lot of money on nonresidents. They won't want to miss out on that.

Exactly.

As soon as there is a glimmer of hope the restrictions will be dropped. They need that money in a bad way and would sell off the last deer, elk, coyote, skunk, etc.. to get it.
Originally Posted by Heym06
This will hurt the fish and wildlife budget! Expect tag and license fees to climb. If not this year, next year! The return of dollars spent by out of state, hunters and fishermen, will not happen! The state will spend big dollars on lawsuits, filed over a couple hundred dollars! And no one wins in the long-term!

You lost me here.

What law suits?

Folks gonna sue because they did not get to purchase a license?
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Idaho pulls the trigger.. - 04/04/20
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Heym06

You lost me here.

What law suits?

Folks gonna sue because they did not get to purchase a license?

No because some azzwipe couldn't fulfill a dream wolf hunt, or get a fishing license! Scum sue for anything, it doesn't have to be logical! Of course i could be wrong!
Posted By: Dre Re: Idaho pulls the trigger.. - 04/04/20
Wondering what the situation will be by elk season.
Finally decided to bite the bullet and Got a Utah bull and cow tag for this year with an outfitter.
One year too late I guess.
Posted By: BangPop Re: Idaho pulls the trigger.. - 04/04/20
I fish Idaho quite a bit, but if Montana reciprocates I think that would be a good trade for me. We have more water here than Idaho.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Idaho pulls the trigger.. - 04/04/20
Atcheson's newsletter arrived today. They say mule deer bookings are down 40%. Probably a lot of tags left over. Of course, if non-resident hunters are banned, there will be a lot of vacant tags.
Originally Posted by Kenneth
So the big game online application for fall hunts is shutdown?
That would mean no non-resident hunts this fall.

Geezus.

Except for this guy, for some reason unbeknownst to me, bought my license and tags for deer already. So you’ll see one flatlander up in those beautiful mountains. And my oldest son, so two mouth breathers sucking wind in the high country.
Originally Posted by GregW

What would stop scouting? At this point, all NF and BLM lands are open and that's the large majority of hunting land in Idaho. Just the campgrounds are closed. You don't need any kind of license to scout.
Posted By: ihookem Re: Idaho pulls the trigger.. - 04/05/20
These people who work for the government that tell ya to stay home are telling us to do the worst thing we can do. Stay home , go stir crazy, and get fat and unhealthy is no way to combat a respiratory virus. The best thing is to get out in some good fresh air, get those lungs strong so if a virus comes along, your lungs will do much better. As for me, I finished my wife's Pinterst closet and cut N split more firewood. Going to take a good long walk tomorrow in the 7000 ac. public land near me. best thing we can do.
Posted By: broomd Re: Idaho pulls the trigger.. - 04/05/20
Originally Posted by Springcove
Hell it’s probably the people from those states that gave it to Idaho in the first place.

Probably? Of course it is!

Ketchum/Sun Valley started the plague here in Idaho, and a huge percentage of those infected there are Progressive insects fleeing their California enclaves.
Broomd I have no doubt that’s the case because the same thing is happening her in Summit county, Utah. Park City to be exact.
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
If only Colorado would do the same!

Doubtful. Telling NRs to keep their money and stay home would be akin to CP&W punching themselves in their own ballsack.
© 24hourcampfire