Home
We just finished watching “ Hunter Killer”
It was pretty good!

Any others you would recommend??
Kelly's Heroes
Quigley Down Under
Just finished watching Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. DiCaprio and Pitt both did a good job, but it was way too long, and aside from good acting, it was basically just a big Hollywood circle jerk. Tarantino's love letter to the film industry.
Alita battle angel, si-fi but good.
The Book of Eli seems appropriate.
Naked prey or the mountain men...both ...
Naked prey or the mountain men...both ...
I watched "Tiger King" and "Don't F with Cats" so far.

Not really into movies or series like above, but not much else to do.

Because I'm caught up on The Hunting Public "Turkey Tour '20" hunting shows.
TGS Outdoors,yup, am caught up.
Same w Fieldsports Britain and Fieldsports Ireland.

Dave Carrie Shooting supposed to have a new video out soon.

Bout all my TV used for is Roku and Youtube.

Tombstone is always a good fallback. Lots of good lines in that one.
Watching Broken Trail right now
Appaloosa.
Originally Posted by NMiller

Yep. That one never gets old!
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Appaloosa.

Never saw that one but made me think of “Hildago”

A great movie and very underrated IMO.
I've been watching 19th and early 20th Century England BBC produced made for TV series:

Downton Abbey - Prime/PBS
Poldark - Prime/PBS
Upstairs Downstairs (original version) - PBS
The Village - BritBox
Victoria - PBS
Jamestown - Prime
Dickensian - Prime
Great Expectations - Prime
Oliver Twist - Prime
Bleak House - Prime/PBS
Jane Eyre - Prime/BritBox
Hard Times - Prime
A Tale of Two Cities - Prime
David Copperfield - Prime
Doctor Thorne - Prime
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall - Prime
Little Dorrit - Prime
Dombey & Son - Prime
Crooked House - Prime
A Christmas Carol - Prime
City of Vice - Prime
Murder on the Orient Express - Prime
The Thomas Crown Affair - Prime
Fat Man & Little Boy - Prime
Alistar 1918 - Prime
One Special Night - Prime
Transsiberian - Prime
Mud - Prime
Island at War - Prime
The Old Curiosity Shop - YouTube
Mrs. Brown - BritBox

Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by NMiller

Yep. That one never gets old!

Tombstone and Jeremiah Johnson have to be the most quotable movies.
Mountain Men with Charlton Heston & Brian Keith.

And Jeremiah Johnson and The Outlaw Josey Wales

And of course, The Searchers!!!
Been watching a lot of Russian made WWII movies, with subtitles.

Come and See is a must watch.
Speaking of WWII. Downfall is excellent!
Just watched 1917. Pretty intense flick, keeps you on the edge of your seat. Definitely recommend it.

Puts this COVID-19 thing into major perspective. Shows what our forefathers went through during wartime. We'll beat this virus thing,.
My son and I bounced between the Star Wars and Indiana Jones marathons.
Been binge watching the Rocky/Creed movies from first to last.
Originally Posted by Daveman
Just watched 1917. Pretty intense flick, keeps you on the edge of your seat. Definitely recommend it.

Puts this COVID-19 thing into major perspective. Shows what our forefathers went through during wartime. We'll beat this virus thing,.

I'm saving that one for a little deeper into this quarantine.
Omega Man with Charlton Heston!
Outbreak
I watched The Gentleman the other night.

I really enjoyed it. Guy Ritchie movies are always a bit different but usually fun to watch.
Originally Posted by moosemike

I nominate The Outlaw Josey Wales as king of that hill. It's chock full of memorable quotes.
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco

I nominate The Outlaw Josey Wales as king of that hill. It's chock full of memorable quotes.

I've always enjoyed the Missouri boatride part.
Angel has Fallen on Netflix is a pretty good 3rd installment on the Fallen series.
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
Been binge watching the Rocky/Creed movies from first to last.

Everybody makes fun of Stallone, but that first Rocky movie was pure gold.
We just watched 1917 and I wanted so much to like it but thought it stunk. I have the utmost respect for veterans of any era and love movies honoring their sacrifice but, outside of some intense scenes, this moving was a total dud IMO.
The Highwaymen on Netflix
Homeland on Amazon. Great series.
Caught Slingblade couple nights ago. Always a good refresher.
Patriot series
Snatch - Brad Pitt
If you want to go old school, I'd say Sgt. York, Friendly Persuasion or Old Yeller. For old school Westerns, I'd say Outlaw Jose Wales, The Magnificent Seven and True Grit. For fun twists, it would have to be a Quentin Tarantino-fest with Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Hateful 8. For crime flicks, it's Heat, Goodfellas or The Untouchables. For special effects, it would be Transformers, Iron Man and The Avengers. For funny it would be Brides Maids, The Heat, Step Brothers, Talladega Nights, Get Hard, Night School, Central Intelligence and We're the Millers. Tom Hanks is kind of a category of his own so it would be Saving Private Ryan, Forrest Gump and Castaway. And last but not least, the Star Wars collection!
Between Netflix and Prime Video so far, I have seen.....................Outbreak,,,,Many NCIS episodes,,,,Mask of Zorro,,,,Visions,,,,An Affair to Die For,,.,Hidden in Plain Sight,,.,Indiscretion,,,,Killer Cove,,,,Shattered Memories,,,,Deadly Switch,,,,Home is Where the killer Is,,,,Aftermath,,,,Acts of Vengeance,,,,In The Tall Grass,,,,Polaroid,,,,
Thomas Crown Affair,,,,The Double,,,,Hunter Killer,,,,47 Meters Down,,,,Troubled Waters,,,,The Poison Rose,,,,The Assignment,,,,Interviews in prison with Mafia Hit Man Richard Kuklinski,,,,Hunter's Prayer,,,,,Man on A Ledge,,,,Hunt for Red October (AGAIN),,,,Crimson Tide (AGAIN)......

More to Go...........
We just finished “ Cold Pursuit “ with Liam Neeson. It was good.
Watching Frontier on Netflix now! Its getting interesting!
New or nearly new...Joker. Overlord is surprisingly good in a B movie sort of way. Midway.

Newish...No Country for Old Men, Hell or High Water.
Originally Posted by slumlord

Too close to reality for around here. Kinda like watching Texasville. Plays like a documentary.
Getting to be an old movie right now but...Extreme Prejudice.
Zero Dark Thirty

The Accountant

Almost anything with Gene Hackman in it.
"The Forbidden Kingdom" with Jackie Chan and Jet Li .
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Too close to reality for around here. Kinda like watching Texasville. Plays like a documentary.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

lamo
"lamo"? Ftw?
Sicarrio and Day of the Soldado
Boondock Saints on Amazon!
Netflix, "The Battered Bastards of Baseball"
1917 and ford vs Ferrari were both excellent
Originally Posted by auk1124
Just finished watching Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. DiCaprio and Pitt both did a good job, but it was way too long, and aside from good acting, it was basically just a big Hollywood circle jerk. Tarantino's love letter to the film industry.

+1
Agreed. It was good, but I’m not compelled to watch it again.

That's a cool flick. Great actors in it. I like the Colt Commander Nolte uses.
Originally Posted by 1911a1

That's a cool flick. Great actors in it. I like the Colt Commander Nolte uses.
Nolte uses an 1892 Winchester in 44 or maybe 38 too.
Major League
The Babe Ruth Story
I’m not in to comedies but some of the Netflix movies are ok. The free ones on On Demand have mainly low ratings and I find myself jumping from movie to movie to find something interesting.

Best bet would be to binge watch the Longmire series.
Not a movie but finally started watching the Ozark series on Netflix. Excellent show, almost on a level with Breaking Bad so far, I'm surprised I passed over it for so long. Great situations and characters. Only up to episode 5 of the first season but watched three episodes back to back last night and will continue the binge watch tonight.

Have been watching season 5 of Fear the Walking Dead on Hulu and the difference in writing is stark. Ozark has ordinary people reacting strongly and doing what needs to be done, FTWD had the same for the first few seasons as did the original The Walking Dead, but just like TWD, it's all women's soap opera regret this, regret that, let's all have meaningful conversations BS now. Blah.

Poldark on PBS was very good for the first three seasons - or two, I stopped watching. Demelza was a great, strong character in the beginning. Starting in season 3 or 4 all she does is frown a lot and look worried. Blah.

Wish writers would realize people are drawn to strong characters and especially ordinary people who become strong and rise to face challenges. Not weak ass people who sit around and talk about their regrets. Blah.
poldark was good

Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Downton Abbey
Poldark
Upstairs Downstairs (original version)
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Not a movie but finally started watching the Ozark series on Netflix. Excellent show, almost on a level with Breaking Bad so far, I'm surprised I passed over it for so long. Great situations and characters. Only up to episode 5 of the first season but watched three episodes back to back last night and will continue the binge watch tonight.

Have been watching season 5 of Fear the Walking Dead on Hulu and the difference in writing is stark. Ozark has ordinary people reacting strongly and doing what needs to be done, FTWD had the same for the first few seasons as did the original The Walking Dead, but just like TWD, it's all women's soap opera regret this, regret that, let's all have meaningful conversations BS now. Blah.

Poldark on PBS was very good for the first three seasons - or two, I stopped watching. Demelza was a great, strong character in the beginning. Starting in season 3 or 4 all she does is frown a lot and look worried. Blah.

Wish writers would realize people are drawn to strong characters and especially ordinary people who become strong and rise to face challenges. Not weak ass people who sit around and talk about their regrets. Blah.

Ozark gets much more interesting in season 3

Rewatching Peaky Blinders and Better call Saul
Modern day cowboys and Indians....Yellowstone u could watch both seasons ..the 3rd is coming in a few weeks!

Rewatching Ripping Yarns. Forgot how good it was
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco

+1 Been binging a bit on some old Clint movies. Started with a couple Dirty Harry movies and am currently watching 'The Good, The Bad and the Ugly". Been a long time since I watched that one but so far its still a good one IMHO.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Almost anything with Gene Hackman in it.

I've been watching movies that I haven't seen in a long time. Last night I watched "The French Connection" with Hackman. Night before I watched "Red Heat". The night before, Cheech and Chong in "Up in Smoke" on Netflix. That movie cracks me up.
I am not able to watch anything. Wife set is chair all damn day watching reruns of Blue Bloods, NCIS Los Angeles, Criminal Minds ( where all the perps are white male), and Law & Order. All on Ion TV station.

I find other stuff to do

Least about 4 or 5 she turns it to Grit. But I’m usually in my bedroom by 7 or so, reading.

Reading Byron Farwell’s "The Great War in Africa" right now. Finished chapter last night on the Battle of Tanga. One of the African battles were African honey bees played a role in the combat! Interesting.

Tonite, I think I'll watch "Apocalypse Now". Another one I haven't watched in long time.

Good one Slum. Dwight Yoakum played the perfect asswhole.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I am not able to watch anything. Wife set is chair all damn day watching reruns of Blue Bloods, NCIS Los Angeles, Criminal Minds ( where all the perps are white male), and Law & Order. All on Ion TV station.

I find other stuff to do

Least about 4 or 5 she turns it to Grit. But I’m usually in my bedroom by 7 or so, reading.

Reading Byron Farwell’s "The Great War in Africa" right now. Finished chapter last night on the Battle of Tanga. One of the African battles were African honey bees played a role in the combat! Interesting.

Mom used to watch all those when she lived with me. Drove me nuts. 🤠
No love for Lonesome Dove ?
Two movies come to mind that best describes these times:

Dumb and Dumber
It’s a Mad Mad World.

Mad world has a great cast of old comedians.
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
No love for Lonesome Dove ?

One of the BEST !!!
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
Two movies come to mind that best describes these times:

Dumb and Dumber
It’s a Mad Mad World.

Mad world has a great cast of old comedians.

Dumb and Dumber is the worst movie ever made. Bar none.
Can’t stand that Libertard Commie Jim Carrey. 😡
Goodfellas, Godfathers 1, 2, & 3, Mobsters, 1922, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly...

I find other stuff to do

Yeah, Neal! And it really pisses her off when I make fun of em! She so far gone she thinks the schidt is real. She go off and yell at the TV and all! When I tell her it’s only a TV show she yells STFU!!! Yeah dwight Yoakum came here and was an understudy of mine for the azzhole part in slingblade! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Napoleon Dynamite

Joe Dirt

Being There

Buffalo 66

Bubba Ho-Tep

The Ballad of the sad cafe

I find other stuff to do

Yeah, Neal! And it really pisses her off when I make fun of em! She so far gone she thinks the schidt is real. She go off and yell at the TV and all! When I tell her it’s only a TV show she yells STFU!!! Yeah dwight Yoakum came here and was an understudy of mine for the azzhole part in slingblade! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

😁
One of my favs 'Gunfight at Ok Corral' Bert Lancaster, Kirk Douglas. No knives, no guns, no killin

Good one Slum. Dwight Yoakum played the perfect asswhole.

Dial 911
Secondhand Lions, Silverado, Blazing Saddles, The Longest Day, A Bridge Too Far, Memphis Bell, Blindside, The Cowboys, The Ghost And The Darkness, Monte Walsh, Young Frankenstein, Valdez Is Coming
It wouldn't hurt some of you to watch something new once in awhile. There are some good newer movies out there.
The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia.
Originally Posted by Blackheart
It wouldn't hurt some of you to watch something new once in awhile. There are some good newer movies out there.

“There’s no crying in baseball !”
Eraserhead.
Debbie Does Dallas

Any VHS copies in the Fire’s possession? 🤣
I just watched "7 Day In Utopia" Staring, Robert Duvall. Being a fan of Gus, Is the reason I watched it.

You can find this on Amazon.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I watched that and it sucked. I'm sure they're relatives of yours.
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I watched that and it sucked. I'm sure they're relatives of yours.

No. I’m from podunk no pot to p.iss in Adirondack,NY.
Late into this thread, but I've got to ask where you guys are finding all these movies? I wrote a bunch of your titles down and ran them all through Showtime on demand and Epix on demand, both of which Spectrum is providing for free for a while because of the virus sheltering and I didn't get a single one of them.
You do realize there are dozens of platforms to watch content on.

Netflix and Amazon Prime being the two largest.

Originally Posted by Windfall
Late into this thread, but I've got to ask where you guys are finding all these movies? I wrote a bunch of your titles down and ran them all through Showtime on demand and Epix on demand, both of which Spectrum is providing for free for a while because of the virus sheltering and I didn't get a single one of them.
Waiting for the last season of the Peaky "Fûckin" Blinders to roll around.
Originally Posted by Windfall
Mostly Amazon prime. Some on Crackle, Tubi and Popcornflix.
Debbie Does Dallas

What happen to Behind the Green Door?
Oh crap I'm showing my age.
Been watching season 2 of Have Gun Will Travel.
Season 3 still in box.
We did a Lethal Weapon marathon yesterday. Those and Diehard are always good for a laugh.
Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing, Missouri.

Basically a small drama with a quirky indy vibe, but a deep cast. Woody Harrelson and Frances McDormand both did a good job, and Sam Rockwell was great as usual.

Rockwell pretty much steals the spotlight in every movie he is cast in.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Appaloosa.

Never saw that one but made me think of “Hildago”

A great movie and very underrated IMO.

Didn't realize Hill da Beast was a wop.
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Waiting for the last season of the Peaky "Fûckin" Blinders to roll around.

When is that, btw?
The Death of Stalin is pretty dang funny.
Debbie Does Dallas

Only on CD, I'm afraid.

I do have a VHS copy of "Brooke Does College" starring a supposedly sorta lookalike to Brooke Shields. It starts a bit slow but then pretty soon it gets interesting, then very interesting, then really really interesting, then suddenly you lose interest. But a bit later it starts to get interesting again, then very interesting, then more interesting, then really really really interesting, then suddenly you lose interest. Whole movie is kind of like that.... wink

[Linked Image from media-cache.cinematerial.com]
Topper, Topper Takes a Trip, and The Return of Topper -laugh your ass off!

Bringing Up Baby -also LYAO!

Arsenic and Old Lace

War of the Arrows, A Hard Day, The Age of Blood, The Admiral, The Assassins, (Korean)

The entire Detective Montalbano series, 30-odd feature-length tv episodes, plus Young Montalbano, the prequel series on MHZ.

On YouTube, there are a bunch of the Nero Wolfe shows, with Timothy Hutton, and Newhart. Bunch of W.C. Fields shorts; The Dentist is a good one.
Reminds me of the time a bunch of us were up at my sisters cabin for the MN. duck opener and one of the guys brought along a very seedy VHS tape or two. Bob's old grandfather was along and had just walked in from outside, took one look at the TV and remarked that TV programming had sure changed a lot from what they got over in Detroit Lakes.
War of the Arrows, We Were Soldiers Once...., Elizabeth, 98, Last of the Mohicans, The Great Santini, and Apocalypto.

The Great Scout & Cathouse Thursday

Copland

Gorky Park
Originally Posted by Daveman

I'm saving that one for a little deeper into this quarantine.

Same here. We all have our list of favorites, but I want to see more new movies or ones I have missed.
I've been watching 19th and early 20th Century England BBC produced made for TV series:

Poldark - Prime/PBS
The Village - BritBox
Victoria - PBS
Jamestown - Prime
Dickensian - Prime
Oliver Twist - Prime
Bleak House - Prime/PBS
Hard Times - Prime
Doctor Thorne - Prime
Little Dorrit - Prime
Dombey & Son - Prime
Crooked House - Prime
City of Vice - Prime
Alistar 1918 - Prime
Transsiberian - Prime
Mud - Prime
Island at War - Prime
Mrs. Brown - BritBox

You mean,.....there are others out there like me ? really like Chas. Dickens - read most of those. For fun try some old Thin Man movies or Bulldog Drummond. Harmless fun - love that crap.
I’m not reading the entire thread, but if it hasn’t been mentioned, “Ozark” is pretty bad ass.
Siberia. Wasn't all that great, but watchable at the right price (free) on Amazon
Spent the weekend at the cabin and watched Tombstone and Open Range, next weekend we'll watch American Sniper and The Revenant.

Another good one if you haven't seen and can find it is Kalifornia, Brad Pitt is a psycho in that movie.

Breaking Bad........I dare you.......

watched the series...twice.......

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/7-shows-like-breaking-bad-that-will-keep-you-hooked-for-days-22682326

U Tube

Monte Walsh tonight maybe.
I've been binge watching car restorer shows on Netflix

Rust to Riches and Rust Valley Restorers

Rust Valley is a little more interesting because they do good work but they aren't very competent at what they do, so it makes for decent viewing.

Blue Bloods.........try it

If you want to score some wife points try the Aussie series "Offspring" on Netflix. You'll have to check your mancard at the door a bit but I found it pretty funny. It's 7 seasons long so it chews up some time (which most of us have in spades right now).
Watching “My Name is Nobody” on Tubi, lots of good movies.

The Culpepper Cattle Company and The Iron Mistress are next, on DVD.
The Hornblower series based on the books by C.S. Forester was pretty good. You can watch it on You Tube.
https://youtu.be/njHimjJ57OQ
https://youtu.be/yWXumXcQQQs
https://youtu.be/W8QoRnZpDac
https://youtu.be/CYhly8c1GME
https://youtu.be/ESArZGo8Cvg
https://youtu.be/ZSyFGyhRnDg
https://youtu.be/nGDyiem1WoY
https://youtu.be/3m5STvCVCBo
I think we're alone now. I believe its on Starz but could be wrong. Post apocalypse movie about a lone survivor living in an abandoned library( 👍👍). Midget from game of thrones ....
Originally Posted by 16bore
I’m not reading the entire thread, but if it hasn’t been mentioned, “Ozark” is pretty bad ass.

It is. I just started season 2.

Harry Brown with Michael Caine.
The Vanishing Point, the original.
There are a lot of good films.
1) We Were Soldiers Once
2) Tombstone
3) Caddyshack
4) A River Runs Through It
5) Young Frankenstein
Originally Posted by kaboku68
Boondock Saints on Amazon!

Way overrated
Car Masters on Netflix. They build hot rods and the chick in the garage is hawt.
Tag
I watched Battle of Britain this afternoon, got my Merlin noise fix for awhile. Love the sound of a great engine.
Currently on Grit "White Comanche" with William Shatner.

Warning! Do not watch it!!!

You have been warned!!!
Inglorious basterds last night.
Hadn't seen it for a long while.
Tense situations/scenes...........not really a fun movie LOL
Any opinion of "Lonely are the Brave" with Kirk Douglas? Is it worth $4 on Amazon? Thought it would be good to watch an old KD film and he was most proud of this one according an old interview I read after his death, recently. Don't think I've ever see this one before.
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Any opinion of "Lonely are the Brave" with Kirk Douglas? Is it worth $4 on Amazon? Thought it would be good to watch an old KD film and he was most proud of this one according an old interview I read after his death, recently. Don't think I've ever see this one before.

I thought it a good movie.

Based on a book by E. Albee, probably KD's best movie after the Vikings. $4.00?, you cheap commie, don't donate so much to bernie.

mike r
Originally Posted by lvmiker

Based on a book by E. Albee, probably KD's best movie after the Vikings. $4.00?, you cheap commie, don't donate so much to bernie.

mike r

mike, that's Edward Abby, not Albee. Different guy.

No. I'm not cheap, and I have never wasted a dime on bernie (or any other democrat wannabe). Sorry to disappoint you.
"Once upon a time in Hollywood ", the fictional account of when the Manson family went to the wrong house and the tables got turned .
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
"Once upon a time in Hollywood ", the fictional account of when the Manson family went to the wrong house and the tables got turned .

Plus 1. That was a lot better than I expected.
Hunter Killer sucked Balls

Poldark - Prime/PBS
The Village - BritBox
Victoria - PBS
Jamestown - Prime
Dickensian - Prime
Oliver Twist - Prime
Bleak House - Prime/PBS
Hard Times - Prime
Doctor Thorne - Prime
Little Dorrit - Prime
Dombey & Son - Prime
Crooked House - Prime
City of Vice - Prime
Alistar 1918 - Prime
Transsiberian - Prime
Mud - Prime
Island at War - Prime
Mrs. Brown - BritBox

Sharpe - Britbox (English army rifleman 1803 -1818, through the Napoleonic wars and on into India now. Still watching the series. It grows on you)
Hell or High Water on Netflix.

Damn good.

Sharpe - Britbox (English army rifleman 1803 -1818, through the Napoleonic wars and on into India now. Still watching the series. It grows on you)

The books are really good too. If you enjoy reading check them out sometime. It is a long series and best read in order.
© 24hourcampfire