Home

Sad deal frown makes you wonder....

https://www.mysanantonio.com/corona...ity-San-Antonio-mourns-with-15163946.php
No health issues that were known of. The mid and young age deaths have been so rare, I have to think there was underlying that was unknown.

OTOH no one ever said ONLY older die. Every disease claims some of every age.
People are passing all over from it.
We had one death here yesterday in my hometown County where I was born and raised. Population of about 150,000
19 total cases now. Patient that died was a 40 year old female with pre-existing health problems. She lived in a State School type facility

Still no cases here in the County the Ranch is in. Very Rural.
Originally Posted by rost495
No health issues that were known of. The mid and young age deaths have been so rare, I have to think there was underlying that was unknown.

Jeff, Fox had a lady who looked less than 40 on a few days ago. Her husband was an ex football player and he was a perfectly healthy non smoking fb coach about 45-50. He was in critical and had been on a ventilator a week. They had not been able to get him turned with any TX they had tried but didnt elaborate. She said if you get this to get in quick but the recs are to only go in if you're having trouble breathing. Take care.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Jeff, Fox had a lady who looked less than 40 on a few days ago. Her husband was an ex football player and he was a perfectly healthy non smoking fb coach about 45-50. He was in critical and had been on a ventilator a week. They had not been able to get him turned with any TX they had tried but didnt elaborate. She said if you get this to get in quick but the recs are to only go in if you're having trouble breathing. Take care.

A very good friend of mine died in the summer of 1978. He had a heart attack and dropped dead while bagging groceries. He was a perfectly healthy 17 year old baseball, basketball and football player; right up until he died. Autopsy showed that he had an unknown heart problem. My point is that sometimes people who appear to be perfectly healthy, aren't.
You can read about anything concerning COVID-19, but I've seen some reports which state that those with blood type "O" seem to have less severe reactions to the virus.

I also think that a person's individual DNA has something to do with it.

There's got to be some reason why some people die and other's just get a snotty nose.
Quite possible, B.
Originally Posted by acy

A very good friend of mine died in the summer of 1978. He had a heart attack and dropped dead while bagging groceries. He was a perfectly healthy 17 year old baseball, basketball and football player; right up until he died. Autopsy showed that he had an unknown heart problem. My point is that sometimes people who appear to be perfectly healthy, aren't.

Pretty sure they check for other health problems when you're laying in a hospital dying except for maybe a brain aneurysm or stuff found in exploratory surgery. What are the odds a 45 yo former pro FB player and active HS FB coach has significant health problems not found in routine health checkups, though carotid and cardiac vessels were probably not scanned.
Originally Posted by acy

Pretty sure they check for other health problems when you're laying in a hospital dying except for maybe a brain aneurysm or stuff found in exploratory surgery. What are the odds a 45 yo former pro FB player and active HS FB coach has significant health problems not found in routine health checkups, though carotid and cardiac vessels were probably not scanned.

Not sure what all they are testing for under those circumstances. Could be that they are making some assumptions and mostly just treating the symptoms.
I’m glad you found some WiFi to post this!
Everyone's name is on that calendar, so when it's your time to go, it's your time to go. Nothing you're gonna do about it.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
You can read about anything concerning COVID-19, but I've seen some reports which state that those with blood type "O" seem to have less severe reactions to the virus.

There's got to be some reason why some people die and other's just get a snotty nose.

Assuming no co-morbidities, then as you say O+ blood type May be part of it along with some differences in the immune systems. Also, the receptors in the nose and GI system — the two tissue types the virus is apt to invade — may have some unique morphology that helps to deny the little beasties an open door.
My neighbor runs the labs in SA and he said the numbers illuminate the O theory. Who knows
I am an A+ !!
smile

Hate to hear about the 44 YO fellow, though
Originally Posted by Bristoe

I read the same.
No health issues or no KNOWN health issues?
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Everyone's name is on that calendar, so when it's your time to go, it's your time to go. Nothing you're gonna do about it.

Fifteen years running EMS, learned that when God says "It's your day"... It's your day...
Originally Posted by 79S

grin Hotspot Yo, where ya been?

$25 additional. AT&T is giving unlimited data until the crisis is over, I live in a one or two bar location but it’s good enough to videoconference and I can change the contract back any time.

Sure beats the crap out of $60 WiFi and a year contract 😎
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by 79S

$25 additional. AT&T is giving unlimited data until the crisis is over, I live in a one or two bar location but it’s good enough to videoconference and I can change the contract back any time.

i pay 65 on my ph unlimited everything hot spot included.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by 79S

i pay 65 on my ph unlimited everything hot spot included.

I only pay $50 per month through Straight Talk Wireless.
They use AT&T’s towers. Y’all are paying too much. 🤠

I read his report on how he got over it. I'd suspect a bit of meds used while playing, they all did it one way or another, and its shorted his body some.

Not just overly worried about it at all. But taking precautions just like I do when the flu is all around and so on. If I get it we'll see. If I die it won't matter.
Originally Posted by Orion2000

Fifteen years running EMS, learned that when God says "It's your day"... It's your day...

You learn a lot in fire and ems... that is one of em.

At least I'm O+. They always beg me for blood donations for some reason too...
universal donor!!

Yep JG, to say when you check out of this world is just some chance is non sense
Originally Posted by Orion2000

I learned that almost 50 years ago.

Jim
Chinese study done in late JAN2020. N=2000+ Basically folks with blood group A have significantly higher chance of getting COVID19 than non A groups. Folks with blood group O have significantly lower risk of infection for COVID19 than non O groups.

Study here:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.11.20031096v1.full.pdf

Conclusion here:

Conclusion
In summary, we for the first time report a link between COVID-19 susceptibility
and the ABO blood group, demonstrating the latter to be a biomarker differentiating
the former. Specifically, people with blood group A have a higher risk whereas people
with blood group O have a lower risk for SARS-Cov-2 infection and COVID-19
severity. This study may have potential clinical implications given the current
COVID-19 crisis: (1) People with blood group A might need particularly strengthened
personal protection to reduce the chance of infection; (2) SARS-CoV-2-infected
patients with blood group A might need to receive more vigilant surveillance and
aggressive treatment; (3) It might be helpful to introduce ABO blood typing in both
patients and medical personal as a routine part of the management of SARS-CoV-2
and other coronavirus infections, to help define the management options and assess
risk exposure levels of people. It should be emphasized that due to the imitations
discussed above, one should be cautious to use this study to guide clinical practice at
this time. This study encourages further studies.
© 24hourcampfire