Home
The subject has come up quite a bit, lately. The question is, what do we, as gunowners and members, DO about it???

Write in campaign to the NRA?
Write in campaign to manufacturers???
“Signed” petitions on the bigger gun/outdoors forums??

Whatever you think of his past work, he has become a BLIGHT on the organization, and is choking the life out of it.

Suggestions? Thoughts?? Let’s get something DONE!!!

OVER paid........

UNDER worked...........
Trump will take care of your guns.
Vote with your wallet.
Originally Posted by duck911
Vote with your wallet.

30 bucks a year, and all we get is a Chinese pocket knife for a gift. Oh, and lots of stupid mail.
Well, it seems like a lot of members aren't donating, so it's a start. Maybe if people who order from MidwayUSA don't "roundup" and give a reason, that might help. The big problem is so many board members are in on this that they'd be killing their own gold mine. They'll ride it to the end.
Originally Posted by tikkanut

OVER paid........

UNDER worked...........

My thoughts...
Write a personal letter to the NRA.
Time to retire. He needs to do it for the organization.
We have to starve the NRA and tell them the reason is WLP.
I wish that they didn't give out any trinkets and used the money as it is supposed to be used.
Originally Posted by duck911
Vote with your wallet.

Join the Second Amendment Foundation and sue the usurpers of and violators your 2A rights out of business.
Originally Posted by Tarquin
We have to starve the NRA and tell them the reason is WLP.

WInchester Large Pistol Primers? laugh
I have had two calls from the NRA this year. Both times I interrupt the gab on the front end and ask: "Is Wayne LaPierre still President of the NRA?" ... "YES" .... "Call me back when he is gone." ... <click>
The cancer known as WLP is killing the host. Who thinks one who would deflect its wealth for himself is really concerned about our 2A rights?
Just click on this link to see the lawsuits they have filed or joined. Unreal.

https://www.saf.org/category/news/
They gave more money to trump than the republicans did. the NRA was trumps biggest super-pac. What a waste. Wayne could have used that money; but instead, we lost bump stocks. None of the pro gun organizations sued either. They are all deep state.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
They gave more money to trump than the republicans did. the NRA was trumps biggest super-pac. What a waste. Wayne could have used that money; but instead, we lost bump stocks. None of the pro gun organizations sued either. They are all deep state.

BS.
BS.

name a single pro gun organization that stood up against trump while he trampled our rights. Just one
Send your donations here instead.
www.gunowners.org
BS.

name a single pro gun organization that stood up against trump while he trampled our rights. Just one

The 80 year old members that are all that's left supporting the NRA are all hiding from the Covid.
Wayne is the Joel Osteen of political lobbying. Only in it for what he can take from it. He could care less about the 2nd amendment.
I went on to the MIDWAYUSA site and asked Larry Potterfield to use his influence to make a change at the top, and get the NRA back on track.

If anyone has an e mail address for the NRA or NRA board, I would be glad to write them a letter.

I’d rather fix the NRA rather than start over.
He could care less about the 2nd amendment.

They all do, or they would have sued the phugg out of trump. I ain't giving none of em 10 cent.

No compromise my azz grin
like a lot of places like this, they form a ruling class. There have been stories of kickbacks from vendors that work with the NRA. NRA awards massive advertising campaign to said company. company gives a kick back to certain big wigs at the NRA. its the kind of thing that happens all the time.
You mean when there's a favorable review of some piece of [bleep] firearm in the "American Rifleman" and there's 6 full page ads from the manufacturer of said POS firearm in the same issue, it's not a coincidence?
BS.

If it werent for Trump beating out Hillary, you wouldnt have any guns and probably not a heartbeat.

If it werent for the SAF, your local government would have probably taken your guns away already.
If it werent for Trump beating out Hillary, you wouldnt have any guns and probably not a heartbeat.

if the dog wouldn't have stopped to take a chit, he would have caught a rabbit grin

Hillary didn't take bump stocks, trump did. Did SAF sue because of it?
Cry about her not having taken them all then.

Darn, I bet Trump could have fought real hard and cut our taxes another 0.2%, tha loser.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Cry about her not having taken them all then.

Hillary didn't win, and she didn't get the NRA's super pac money either. Bump stock trump did.
Maybe a little anti gun is ok if theys a repulikan? Is that what your trying to say?
Well, you just ought to jump off a tall building. I'm sure that was the most important item on his plate, and besides, you deserve one.
Well, you just ought to jump off a tall building. I'm sure that was the most important item on his plate, and besides, you deserve one.

so your out of camoflauge. Poor jag
Gee, Trump saved my car being stolen, but crap, it got a flat tire. WTH was he doing?. Waaaa.
Gee, Trump saved my car being stolen, but crap, it got a flat tire. WTH was he doing?. Waaaa.

A flat tire is OK if they're republikan

MAGA,KAG, Jesus, winning, chess, melanias tits
Have you ever tried drinking. grin

I don't drink the same water you do. Err koolaide grin

A flat tire is OK if they're republikan

MAGA,KAG, Jesus, winning, chess, melanias tits

Start your own thread and schidt THERE....
Start your own thread and schidt THERE....

I thought this was a chit on the NRA thread?
This was a schidt on WAYNE thread. If you want an NRA, Trump, bump stock thread, I ain’t stoppin’ ya....
Originally Posted by Orion2000
I have had two calls from the NRA this year. Both times I interrupt the gab on the front end and ask: "Is Wayne LaPierre still President of the NRA?" ... "YES" .... "Call me back when he is gone." ... <click>

That's what a lot of us are doing.

I'm an Endowment member and haven't given them a dime since Wayne was outed.

You have to realize, it's a minority states attorney in NY that's pushing this.

BUT, if there wasn't carrion, the buzzards wouldn't be pecking and jumping back along the highway.

That atty is after us, but seems to be cleaning up Wayne's mess as she goes forward. As I understand it the NRA bureaucracy has absolute control, the board is just window dressing to help with PR and keep the troops giving. It needs to be restructured such that the board has the power, hires and fires staff.

Staff who controls everything won't give up their emense percs and stuff easily. Maybe they'll go away when they're carted off to jail.

So, let the buzzards eat. Call me when they're done.

DF
This was a schidt on WAYNE thread.

Waynes the same guy that gave all that money to trump, then trump took the bump stocks, and now Wayne won't sue him. I ain't paying em for that.

They need to teach trump a lesson he'll never forget. No compromise!
Old Wayne la Parasite time to starve the host.

Bb
The NRA has been slowly leading us down the path to destruction with a gradual loss of gun rights years before WLP. He has only taken us farther faster and much to his financial gain
Yes he needs to go post haste then a complete radical change needs to happen within the entire organization.
Right now GOA needs our support.
There is a story floating out there that Wayne LaPierre asked Chris Cox of the NRA/ILA for a loan to the NRA general operating fund, Chris Cox said NO and he was later fired by WLP. Any truth to this?

He drinks Cool-Aid on a regular basis
He has only taken us farther faster

He had plenty of help right after the election; or right out of the gate as it were. What a dinglephugg

The NRA has always been willing to compromise on the 2A. The threat keeps the money rolling in, and money’s much more important than a God given right. That said, they’ve always been our most powerful tool.
WLP has done a lot of good over the years, but his presence is now hurting the organization, and by extension, us gun owners and NRA members.
Wayne knows this. The fact that he refuses to step down says more about where his true motivation is than any good he has done.
Not another dime as long as he’s there.
7mm
This was a schidt on WAYNE thread.

Waynes the same guy that gave all that money to trump, then trump took the bump stocks, and now Wayne won't sue him. I ain't paying em for that.

They need to teach trump a lesson he'll never forget. No compromise!

Wayne gave his own money to Trump or he gave our money to Trump?
The good thing is, Wayne won't be getting 1200.00 check from trumps magic printing press grin
An Alaskan making fun of people accepting govt check?!
Oh, the irony! Which is bigger? The $1200 from Trump or your PFD?
Damn, and I've been agreeing with everything you've been posting for weeks....you just had to go and blow it, by blowing Wayne. Again.
Anyone who thinks the rot at the NRA starts or stops at WLP is Olympic level naive. Anyone who’s still there in any capacity is there only to ride the dead horse into the ground.
Originally Posted by fburgtx
The subject has come up quite a bit, lately. The question is, what do we, as gunowners and members, DO about it???

Whatever you think of his past work, he has become a BLIGHT on the organization, and is choking the life out of it.

Keep your money in your pocket. Money talks, talk walks. The NRA is going to have to suffer a bit before it learns to pay attention to its rank and file.
Originally Posted by 280shooter
I wish that they didn't give out any trinkets and used the money as it is supposed to be used.

Agree
My money goes to SAF and GOA until Wayne is gone and the NRA decides to focus where it should be focused.
Originally Posted by Dutch
Anyone who thinks the rot at the NRA starts or stops at WLP is Olympic level naive. Anyone who’s still there in any capacity is there only to ride the dead horse into the ground.
I think they have ridden this horse to the ground. It is dead. Now they're going to stay with it and eat the carcass. The NRA is finished.
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Dutch
I think they have ridden this horse to the ground. It is dead. Now they're going to stay with it and eat the carcass. The NRA is finished.

Yep, they will starve to death eating the old NRA magazines and remembering the good old days, before WLP went off the tracks and started thinking they were so freaking dumb he could steal 4 times more than he had before.
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Keep your money in your pocket. Money talks, talk walks. The NRA is going to have to suffer a bit before it learns to pay attention to its rank and file.

The only thing you've donated too is the decline in the gene pool.
GOA and VCDL on a local level. VCDL is the template for the rest of the country. Every state should have a similarly well organized, efficient organization to represent them.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, is better than you and other like minded individuals when it comes down to it. Hit the streets and raise hell. Let them know there will be blood if they try to strip you of natural rights.
Not one thin dime until Wayne resigns.
It’s not been our NRA for decades.
Originally Posted by kingston
It’s not been our NRA for decades.

This^^^
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

The only thing you've donated too is the decline in the gene pool.

Well, that and the DNC.
The good thing is, Wayne won't be getting 1200.00 check from trumps magic printing press grin
I'm having a little trouble understanding your seeming unflinching non critical devotion to the NRA. I understand you think Trump isn't completely steadfast on gun rights and that is somewhat true but he is pretty good for a New York Democrat turned Republican. Don't you believe the NRA dictator has misspent and misdirected our money. Do you think we should give blind allegiance to a man who has engineered a position in the organization from which he is unanswerable to anyone. Do you understand our feelings that the only power we have is to withhold money and look elsewhere. Just because an organization was once good doesn't mean it can't turn criminal and thieving. Your opinion clearly stated without name calling,would be appreciated. Also please advise if you are an officer in the NRA.
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Send your donations here instead.
www.gunowners.org

I did not join, but I give them $20 a month.
The Board is so controlled now, there's no chance of a Cincinnati Two revolt, not that way. But 29 years is a pretty good run, about 10 years too long. Haven't seen WLP on the TV in months, I want some visible leadership for all that money.
They don't get my Midway "roundup " anymore. I don't give money to people that own multiple mansions. They won't get another dime from me as long as that stuffed suit is there.

Trump is just using the magic printing press that O'Bummer had built and overused with zero results.
Another thing...Wayne is 70 years old. You would think he's stolen enough money by now to retire.
I'm having a little trouble understanding your seeming unflinching non critical devotion to the NRA. I understand you think Trump isn't completely steadfast on gun rights and that is somewhat true but he is pretty good for a New York Democrat turned Republican. Don't you believe the NRA dictator has misspent and misdirected our money. Do you think we should give blind allegiance to a man who has engineered a position in the organization from which he is unanswerable to anyone. Do you understand our feelings that the only power we have is to withhold money and look elsewhere. Just because an organization was once good doesn't mean it can't turn criminal and thieving. Your opinion clearly stated without name calling,would be appreciated. Also please advise if you are an officer in the NRA.

Supporting them right now, IMO, is rewarding bad behavior.

They'll have to bleed before they'll change.

Money talks, as has been said.

The lack of money also talks...

WLP may have to wear suits off the rack like everyone else.

DF
I have read the whole thread, and it astounds me that the most important thing in watch4bear's life is a bump stock.

Here's a fact w4b: a bump stock is not a firearm. No guns were banned, restricted, or harmed by Trump. A bump stock isn't even an integral part of a firearm, like a magazine. It's a silly plastic gimmick. As a Marine once asked, "Is THAT the hill you're willing to die for?"

This thread is supposed to be about the NRA's deterioration under a greedy Board and CEO. You can take your anti-Trump diatribe and your bump stock fetish back to your Mommy's cellar where you can pout in the dark.
I find it very telling that there's really no contact info or anything else about the BoD on the NRA website. They do show election ballots and results but that's about it.
What to Do About Wayne (LaPierre)??

How about an old fashioned tar and feathering? Since he's taken gazillions of dollars of membership fees, we should make him buy the tar and feathers.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I have read the whole thread, and it astounds me that the most important thing in watch4bear's life is a bump stock.

Here's a fact w4b: a bump stock is not a firearm. No guns were banned, restricted, or harmed by Trump. A bump stock isn't even an integral part of a firearm, like a magazine. It's a silly plastic gimmick. As a Marine once asked, "Is THAT the hill you're willing to die for?"

This thread is supposed to be about the NRA's deterioration under a greedy Board and CEO. You can take your anti-Trump diatribe and your bump stock fetish back to your Mommy's cellar where you can pout in the dark.

Nice one Rocky! 5 stars. *****
Does he hunt? Never seen a pic of him on a hunt, only on some stage.
Here's a fact w4b: a bump stock is not a firearm. No guns were banned

educate yourself. It is in fact a machine gun under federal law. Is it ok to have a little bit of gun control if a repiblikan does it? I think your saying it is grin

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/bump-stocks
They could define it as a thermonuclear warhead, but it doesn't make it one. How many shots can your bump stock fire on its own? None? Huh, how about that. It's a non-machine non-gun. What Trump did, therefore, was non-gun control.
What Trump did, therefore, was non-gun control.

Like a cat covering a turd grin Shakes head.

Fact is, more gun control under trump than Obama and Hillary. They hated and feared the gun lobby; trump pizzes on it.
Yosemite San can shoot his pistolas fast enough to lift himself 10 feet off the ground. I seen him do it.
Originally Posted by djs
What to Do About Wayne (LaPierre)??

How about an old fashioned tar and feathering? Since he's taken gazillions of dollars of membership fees, we should make him buy the tar and feathers.

I'm sure we're paying his legal bills.

DF
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Yosemite San can shoot his pistolas fast enough to lift himself 10 feet off the ground. I seen him do it.

Did they cartoons and tvs in Russia?
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

Amen, bump stocks have never been on my radar, in fact, I didn't GAS about them before the ban, and don't GAS about them now. I didn't know anyone else GAS about them, either, frankly. What purpose do they serve, except to make the ammomakers happy as hell? It seems like a gigantic waste to me.
What Trump did, therefore, was non-gun control.

Like a cat covering a turd grin Shakes head.

Fact is, more gun control under trump than Obama and Hillary. They hated and feared the gun lobby; trump pizzes on it.

Not true. But what's that got to do with anything.

Your memory failed on mag limits and other Obongo/Hillary/Clinton controls.

DF

Did they cartoons and tvs in Russia?

You let me down. Thought you would have a pic of Lapue on a hunt.
Your memory failed on mag limits and other Obongo/Hillary/Clinton controls.

That's what I'm talking about; shift the conversation away from dear trump the bump stock banner grin

Is gun control OK if its a republikan doing it? How about if were his biggest superpac and he pisses all over us?

Sorry pal, but trump will have a bump stock hanging out his ass as long as he is president, or until he makes it right.
Don't you have picture of Vladimir riding a bear? Look among your hammer and sickles

If a bump stock is full auto, then wouldn't you need a class III to get one?
Fburgtx: With some reservations, I now think it would be best for the National Rifle Association and its members for Mr. LaPierre to "leave" - by what ever means does it the quickest.
Sad.
I enjoyed talking with him and shaking his hand when I volunteered at the 1997 Seattle N.R.A. Convention - I am sure he had "different" priorities back then.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

I enjoyed talking with him and shaking his hand when I volunteered at the 1997 Seattle N.R.A. Convention - I am sure he had "different" priorities back then.

VarmintGuy

So what made him change?
So what made him change?

It was you commies that started calling the NRA and its members terrorists. He had plenty of death threats; thatll change anybody.

I'm sure he believes as I do, that a good commie is a dead commie.

VarmintGuy

So what made him change?

Money...and lots of it.
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

Amen, bump stocks have never been on my radar, in fact, I didn't GAS about them before the ban, and don't GAS about them now. I didn't know anyone else GAS about them, either, frankly. What purpose do they serve, except to make the ammomakers happy as hell? It seems like a gigantic waste to me.

That's the whole point. Nobody GAF about bump stocks until they were outlawed. That was our chance to look like the good guys and give up something that didn't matter, for something that did, like the HPA or national reciprocity. It's called bargaining...
Never try to bargain with a Democrat, over anything. miles
Originally Posted by milespatton
Never try to bargain with a Democrat, over anything. miles

So we lost something anyways and didn't gain anything.
Originally Posted by UPhiker

VarmintGuy

So what made him change?

Money...and lots of it.

And greed, and power and control, etc.

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely..".

DF
!

Give him an ultimatum, and if he declines,
have him whacked.

OK . Barring that, GOA and similar.
Who the bleep gives a bleep about a bump stock?
Wayne is 70 years old. Time to retire. Going away party. (I know I'd celebrate), nice gold watch, the works.
A gold Timex and I'd personally like to shove it up his azz.
Fburgtx: With some reservations, I now think it would be best for the National Rifle Association and its members for Mr. LaPierre to "leave" - by what ever means does it the quickest.
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

In May, the executive vice president of the National Rifle Association (NRA) told the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, "We think it is reasonable to provide mandatory, instant criminal background checks for every sale at every gun show."[8]:118 Those concerned about the shows believed they were a source of illegally trafficked firearms.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Who the bleep gives a bleep about a bump stock?

The only useful purpose bump-stocks served was to get the gun control issue off the back burner and put it in the front.
Two days ago I sent Ms. Marion Hammer an email and suggested that the NRA leadership pull up the 24 Hour Campfire and check out their members feelings about the organization. I haven't heard back yet. 2 or 3 months ago I got a scathing letter from her when I wrote her and Wayne suggesting they resign for the benefit of the organization.
Two days ago I sent Ms. Marion Hammer an email and suggested that the NRA leadership pull up the 24 Hour Campfire and check out their members feelings about the organization. I haven't heard back yet. 2 or 3 months ago I got a scathing letter from her when I wrote her and Wayne suggesting they resign for the benefit of the organization.

grin

Stay on'em.

DF
I doubt if there are 50 people in the whole USA who GAF about the silly bumpstocks.
Originally Posted by jnyork
I doubt if there are 50 people in the whole USA who GAF about the silly bumpstocks.

What else would you give up that we don't need? Lets make a list and we'll send it to trump.
Originally Posted by jnyork

I heard lots of people say this about AR's in '93-'94.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
The gunman that perpetrated the Vegas mass shooting used a bumpstock, sorry but I don't see the prohibition on bumpstocks as giving up any freedom. They serve no purpose except perhaps facilitating the mass murder of innocent citizens.
Originally Posted by gunswizard
The gunman that perpetrated the Vegas mass shooting used a bumpstock, sorry but I don't see the prohibition on bumpstocks as giving up any freedom. They serve no purpose except perhaps facilitating the mass murder of innocent citizens.

Would him not having bump stocks have lessened the number of deaths? I have no use for bump stocks, but I doubt it.
They serve no purpose except perhaps facilitating the mass murder of innocent citizens.

Tell us more about how bump stocks killed all those people. Fascinating that a bump stock could do that. How interesting.

She’ll probably laugh her azz off, realizing there’s no threat, cause some guys would rather come on here and bitch about Trump/bump stocks/etc, rather than “stay on point” and attempt to help formulate a plan to separate these tit suckers from their NRA money.

Dems don’t even have to troll, cause there’s members here who go off on a tangent like a dog every time someone yells ”squirrel”.

Watch4bear can’t spend the extra 30 seconds to start his own phucqing thread to address his own pet issues.

And folks wonder why Dems keep winning...

Because the NRA was trumps biggest donor? Did you know they gave him more money than the republicans and he pissed all over em grin

How that for a thread?

Because the NRA was trumps biggest donor? Did you know they gave him more money than the republicans and he pissed all over em grin

How that for a thread?

Tear your azz and start a new thread, then. It doesn’t cost a dime.

What kind of judges do you think Prez Hillary would’ve appointed to the Federal Courts? Are you a lobbyist for the bumpstock industry or sumpin’????
Where have you been? Trump got elected, Hillary lost silly rabbit.
© 24hourcampfire