Home
Posted By: Whelenman Testing for covide 19 - 04/30/20
I’m I out of it or what. If you get tested, and you don’t have it. Then inadvertently you come in contact with somebody who does, what’s the big deal on getting tested? Ami missing something.
Posted By: deflave Re: Testing for covide 19 - 04/30/20
You're not missing anything.

The media is just trying to keep their bulllschit afloat.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Testing for covide 19 - 04/30/20
Somehow if there was universal testing the whole thing would be over. Everyone testing positive would get a scarlet "C" tattoo on their forehead. Those that pass get work and travel papers (papers please).

Actually what wide scale testing does is give the egg head statisticians more data to play with.
Posted By: DryPowder Re: Testing for covide 19 - 04/30/20
I just got tested, so sometime next week I'll know.
Posted By: kingston Re: Testing for covide 19 - 04/30/20
Originally Posted by DryPowder

Were you tested for antibodies or active infection?
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Somehow if there was universal testing the whole thing would be over. Everyone testing positive would get a scarlet "C" tattoo on their forehead. Those that pass get work and travel papers (papers please).

Actually what wide scale testing does is give the egg head statisticians more data to play with.

So many people have had this schit already it's laughable.

Fugk these tests. Get back to work.
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Testing for covide 19 - 04/30/20
The first i will get tested with the swab as well as having blood drawn.

The new rule at the hospital says you need one at least 3-4 days before any surgery.

Can't wait for that large q-tip in the nose.
Posted By: DryPowder Re: Testing for covide 19 - 04/30/20
Originally Posted by kingston

Antibodies, I had something back in February that wasn't the flu. It was after the entire company was flown in from all over the country for two days of training.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Testing for covide 19 - 04/30/20
I feel like the place folks go to get tested would be a fine spot to contract it.

Antibodies, I had something back in February that wasn't the flu. It was after the entire company was flown in from all over the country for two days of training.

Is that a blood thing or do they shove the swab up your nose?
Posted By: Steve Re: Testing for covide 19 - 04/30/20
I got the antibody test the other day. Had a physical and the doc mentioned it. Got it along with the other blood work. I'd been to CES (suspected spreading event) as well as dry cough crud in Feb. Expect to be hearing today. Only about 80% reliable I guess.

Probably less than 10% chance I had it, but it would be like winning the covid lottery if I did.
Originally Posted by Steve
I got the antibody test the other day. Had a physical and the doc mentioned it. Got it along with the other blood work. I'd been to CES (suspected spreading event) as well as dry cough crud in Feb. Expect to be hearing today. Only about 80% reliable I guess.

Probably less than 10% chance I had it, but it would be like winning the covid lottery if I did.

Let us know if you're supposed to be dead.
Posted By: DryPowder Re: Testing for covide 19 - 05/01/20
Originally Posted by deflave

It's a blood thing. I got the swab back in February when they was looking for the flu, I had rather have the needle.

For inquiring minds:

You have to be pre screened to take the test and you are given an appointment to be in the parking lot. The testing is outside in an enclosed trailer like a landscaper would haul lawnmowers in. It was blowing almost 40 mph here this week so I guess a tent would never work.

Back to the test, you sit in your car with the windows up and call a number when you arrive. Then they come out and double check your info and payment method. You wait for the all clear, then go in the trailer and sit down to be stuck. Three forms to sign with a pen laying on the table. The smartass in me almost ask if they disinfected the pen between patients but I managed to keep quiet.

The blood is sent overnight to Mayo Clinic Laboratories and the results are snail mailed back is 3 to 5 days.
Posted By: kingston Re: Testing for covide 19 - 05/01/20
Originally Posted by deflave

It's a blood thing. I got the swab back in February when they was looking for the flu, I had rather have the needle.

For inquiring minds:

You have to be pre screened to take the test and you are given an appointment to be in the parking lot. The testing is outside in an enclosed trailer like a landscaper would haul lawnmowers in. It was blowing almost 40 mph here this week so I guess a tent would never work.

Back to the test, you sit in your car with the windows up and call a number when you arrive. Then they come out and double check your info and payment method. You wait for the all clear, then go in the trailer and sit down to be stuck. Three forms to sign with a pen laying on the table. The smartass in me almost ask if they disinfected the pen between patients but I managed to keep quiet.

The blood is sent overnight to Mayo Clinic Laboratories and the results are snail mailed back is 3 to 5 days.

Insurance should cover the cost of a antibody test if it was written for diagnostic purposes.
Posted By: mauserand9mm Re: Testing for covide 19 - 05/01/20
.... Three forms to sign with a pen laying on the table. The smartass in me almost ask if they disinfected the pen between patients but I managed to keep quiet. ....

That pen would be an excellent way of spreading it - considering how much effort they are putting into everything else, that's would be a major FU.

A few weeks back we had to present ourselves at the polling booths for a local election - they spread the voting over a week so the booths were almost empty when I did my vote. We had to bring our own pencil.
© 24hourcampfire