Home
Posted By: stxhunter Murdercycle - 05/09/20
A young friend of mine built this. someone needs to buy it and race Flave. Nathan said it will do 65mph.

Nathan Warren Murphey
10 hrs

Well fellas.. time to sell the "Murdercycle" .. I picked up another project today..
It has: 212cc hemi
Cleaned up and wrapped, ported header
22lb valve springs
.010 head gasket
Arc billet rod
.265 hot cam
Pvl flywheel with 4* key
NGK plug
22mm Chinese mikuni "tuned by Manuel G Vargas Sr."
Amazon TC with Juggernaut driver and custom guard
OMB riser
Brand new chain in box
Brand new tach in box
Brand new billet dip stick
37t sprocket and EBC brakes
Van's grips
Dual led head lights and led tail light all wired to run off a dewalt battery....
Decent paint job
..I think that's all..

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20
Originally Posted by stxhunter

It has: 212cc hemi

laugh

What's a bike like that sell for?
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20
I don't care what anybody says, that's cool as hell. That takes me back almost 50 years.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20
Nice primary guard.
Posted By: tndrbstr Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20
65 would be pushing it pretty good on that thing!
What’s it gotta glove box in the faux tank?
Posted By: deflave Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20
That's pretty sweet.

What's he asking?
Posted By: 44mc Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20
to dam fast for me
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20
I'll find out what he wants for it.
Originally Posted by deflave
That's pretty sweet.

What's he asking?

A FL transplant, riding a TX scooter, trying to impress fat chicks from MI! ... I can see that! <G>
Originally Posted by deflave
That's pretty sweet.

What's he asking?

Posted By: deflave Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20
Schit, that's almost free.
then there is always shipping and handling...
Posted By: calikooknic Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20
I’m in the market, but it would need a tour pack on it and some bags.
Might slow down a bit.
Posted By: bartman Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20
Guys got some talent there. Buddy of mine built a go cart using a motorcycle engine years ago along the same lines. Thing would fly but he neglected the brakes and development came to a screeching halt one day when he came speeding up the driveway one day and the garage door was down. It left a mark. Unit was sold soon after.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20
That is a neat looking bike. Kind of a po' man's Rokon. Almost.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20
You're not sneaking up on anything with that exhaust system LOL. Where's the rifle mount?
Posted By: slumlord Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20
Expect a PM from Safariman
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20
That is a talented young man 😎 He’s gonna go far.
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20
Looks way better that an old Rupp!
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20
That is a sweet little bike!
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20
Kind of reminds me of a Mustang scooter. Hasbeen
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
65 would be pushing it pretty good on that thing!
What’s it gotta glove box in the faux tank?

looks like the battery for the lights are in it.
Posted By: KC Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20

One would have to rearrange the route of the exhaust pipe to keep from burning your leg.

$800 is a really good price.

There are a few trails in the Colorado mountains that are designated for single track vehicles. That bike would be a sweet ride in that situation.
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20
The sponsor of our kart racing team back in the 1960's owned an outboard motor shop. He adapted a 40 HP 4 cylinder Mercury outboard motor to a kart frame, with a small radiator, water cooling, etc. It ran a 122 MPH exhibition lap around the Lakeland amusement park 1/2 mile oval track just a little east of Memphis.
Jerry
had a buddy in high school had a cart with a honda 750cc engine.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20
Hah! Looks fun.

You guys ever see drift trikes? They’re like motorized Big Wheels.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20
Cool little bike smile

I'm trying to find a TW200 around here.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20
My brother bought this '81 Honda mini-trail and he's completely rebuilding it. He also has a '78 that he's keeping all original. All the black you see including the wheels is powder-coated. He's going to powder coat the outside of the motor, also. He repainted the frame with the same color he painted his son's old Chevy pickup he built for him. Stock carburetor is 14 mm. He's putting a 26 mm Mikuni on it and performance exhaust, along with a 4-speed gearbox. Says it will do 60+ when he's done.. 🤣

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: 007FJ Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20
That little sheet will kill you. Neat toys but those no braking and front wheel planting SOB's will put you down for the count
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20
Originally Posted by local_dirt
My brother bought this '81 Honda mini-trail and he's completely rebuilding it. He also has a '78 that he's keeping all original. All the black you see including the wheels is powder-coated. He's going to powder coat the outside of the motor, also. He repainted the frame with the same color he painted his son's old Chevy pickup he built for him. Stock carburetor is 14 mm. He's putting a 26 mm Mikuni on it and performance exhaust, along with a 4-speed gearbox. Says it will do 60+ when he's done.. 🤣

Sweet! smile

Makes me wish I had my old Honda Trail 90 back!
Posted By: Windfall Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20
There is something to be said for a factory street legal little bike. My Honda CT110 trail bike won’t go the places my Rokon will, but it won’t get me arrested for driving it off private property either.
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20
"Brand new billet dip stick" lol...…………..

anything carved out of 6061 is a Billet this or that. Or a 304SS Billet Steely Dan...……(w/heater element)

Har. Cool mini-bike though.
LOL he decided to keep it said he put alot of work in it.
he just told me he picked an old hardtail springer he's doing next, 1000cc iron head.
Posted By: fburgtx Re: Murdercycle - 05/09/20
Those are $599, stock. He’s def got more than $200 work in it...
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: Murdercycle - 05/10/20

I had a burn scar on my right leg form the muffler of a Trail 70 for about 3 years after my buddy wrecked with me on the back. A few of the vents and a Phillips screw head.
I saw 3 of them at the Mecum auction in Harrisburg, PA last year. Brought back some good memories.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: deerstalker Re: Murdercycle - 05/10/20
i could just see me killing my self on that scooter! i have a trail 90 and a 110 that i seldom ride now i got a quad.
that scooter is just too cool!
Posted By: hanco Re: Murdercycle - 05/10/20
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Kind of reminds me of a Mustang scooter. Hasbeen

I remember them and the Cushmans too

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]free cdn image hosting
Posted By: hanco Re: Murdercycle - 05/10/20
Cushmans command good money now.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Murdercycle - 05/10/20
My mini bike cruses comfortably at 90.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]college diner wilmington nc
Posted By: smithrjd Re: Murdercycle - 05/10/20
I built something similar but not as nice back in the late 60's. A Rupp frame with a Maul or Mall two man chainsaw engine. PIA too start, but it would go about 70 wide open. That thing screamed (2 stroke) It was way to dangerous with the minimal brakes. Dad finally took it away, but I got a Honda Super Cub 55, like a Honda 90 but smaller engine. My start to over 60 motorcycles over the years.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Murdercycle - 05/10/20
Originally Posted by River_Ridge

I had a burn scar on my right leg form the muffler of a Trail 70 for about 3 years after my buddy wrecked with me on the back. A few of the vents and a Phillips screw head.
I saw 3 of them at the Mecum auction in Harrisburg, PA last year. Brought back some good memories.

[Linked Image]

That would have been a nice stroll down memory lane.
Posted By: JLimbo Re: Murdercycle - 05/10/20

Still have a scar on my right leg from a stock one back in the 70's. The bike in question will smoke my Rokon until a hill is found. They will drag you over a bunch of schidt that'll probably be easier to hike. But they'll drag a bunch of stuff mucho easier than on your'e own.
Posted By: EQFD193 Re: Murdercycle - 05/10/20
Here is my before and after shots rebuild of another blast from the past...I'll admit to getting help with the project, I don't pretend to have the skills of the della above.

Posted By: deflave Re: Murdercycle - 05/10/20
EQ,

That is awesome. Looks like you did a great job.

How did you find it?
Posted By: RAS Re: Murdercycle - 05/10/20
I think it’s a Coleman mini bike. I bought one for each of my boys. They have a BLAST on them.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]dodge wallpaper
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Murdercycle - 05/10/20
Memories for a lifetime cool Congrats!
Posted By: RDW Re: Murdercycle - 05/10/20
There is a guy on Youtube that put a 25hp Vtwin on one of those big tire mini-bikes...pretty cool
© 24hourcampfire