Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I built something similar but not as nice back in the late 60's. A Rupp frame with a Maul or Mall two man chainsaw engine. PIA too start, but it would go about 70 wide open. That thing screamed (2 stroke) It was way to dangerous with the minimal brakes. Dad finally took it away, but I got a Honda Super Cub 55, like a Honda 90 but smaller engine. My start to over 60 motorcycles over the years.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
Originally Posted by local_dirt
My brother bought this '81 Honda mini-trail and he's completely rebuilding it. He also has a '78 that he's keeping all original. All the black you see including the wheels is powder-coated. He's going to powder coat the outside of the motor, also. He repainted the frame with the same color he painted his son's old Chevy pickup he built for him. Stock carburetor is 14 mm. He's putting a 26 mm Mikuni on it and performance exhaust, along with a 4-speed gearbox. Says it will do 60+ when he's done.. 🤣

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I had a burn scar on my right leg form the muffler of a Trail 70 for about 3 years after my buddy wrecked with me on the back. A few of the vents and a Phillips screw head.
I saw 3 of them at the Mecum auction in Harrisburg, PA last year. Brought back some good memories.

[Linked Image]

That would have been a nice stroll down memory lane.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by local_dirt
My brother bought this '81 Honda mini-trail and he's completely rebuilding it. He also has a '78 that he's keeping all original. All the black you see including the wheels is powder-coated. He's going to powder coat the outside of the motor, also. He repainted the frame with the same color he painted his son's old Chevy pickup he built for him. Stock carburetor is 14 mm. He's putting a 26 mm Mikuni on it and performance exhaust, along with a 4-speed gearbox. Says it will do 60+ when he's done.. 🤣

Still have a scar on my right leg from a stock one back in the 70's. The bike in question will smoke my Rokon until a hill is found. They will drag you over a bunch of schidt that'll probably be easier to hike. But they'll drag a bunch of stuff mucho easier than on your'e own.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here is my before and after shots rebuild of another blast from the past...I'll admit to getting help with the project, I don't pretend to have the skills of the della above.

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
EQ,

That is awesome. Looks like you did a great job.

How did you find it?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think it’s a Coleman mini bike. I bought one for each of my boys. They have a BLAST on them.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]dodge wallpaper

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Memories for a lifetime cool Congrats!

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is a guy on Youtube that put a 25hp Vtwin on one of those big tire mini-bikes...pretty cool

Dave

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1minute, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,423
Posts18,470,678
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.