Home
Old Town Indians!!!

Now the PC Old Town Coyotes....

Class of 210
I was ranked # 76
Not bad for a burn out who never took homework home.
My time was mine, not a bunch of people who never left academia since kindergarten.
Yes, they did class rankings.
The Horror......

Final parting shot to high school and schitt that dont count for the rest of your life. IMO.....
I wore a Bolo tie.
Whats worse.
A cheap clip on like a buncha schmucks wore or a bolo tie???
LOL!!!

Graduation present....
American Tourister suitcase just like the gorrila tried to stove the fugg up in the commercial.
Moved out 2 weeks after high school.
Worked on a state survey crew on road projects.
Good money.
Joined the Army in may 83.

My advice to graduates.
High school got ya to a certain point.

Welcome to the rest of your life.
Yep.....thats about it for advice...

Other than

Get a suitcase and see the planet, you might even set off sniffer wands at airport security on your way to your 3rd tour in korea. Only if you kept your shot shell reloading components in it years before.
LOL!!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

184 in my class. No clue where I ranked.

My advice and what I told my son : high school is a good place to realize it's almost the easiest thing you'll do. Life gets much more complicated. Learn how to handle stress now - doesn't just get easier. He joined the Army right away. I didn't until I was 25.

My grad gift was a pair of Tony Llama boots.
I was 19 when i joined in may 83
20 when i shipped in july 83
Retired sept 1 2008.
Never had a groid for a CIC.
Bill Clinton was close enough to one though....

Anyone else have a 39 yr old Bolo tie or suitcase story???

Feel free to share.

Slumlord is kinda wanting to look at bolo ties for church.

So the more pics of em the better.

Detail on mine in the pic aint that great.
Cow skull, cactus, some red plastic jewel, lasso rope border.

LOL!!!
1969 for me. I viewed high school like I have viewed all time periods and places in my life: here you are, do your best and gain from it what you can. Came away with a lot of knowledge and skills that have benefited me throughout life.
I learned how to razor sharpen knives on a Arkansas stone and refinish gunstocks in woodshop.
Thanks Mr Mace!!!
In metal shop I turned a sweet brass chamber pipe on the lathe.
That involved some math.
Mr Peterson was a dick...
He hated me after I beat him in a pull up contest in front of the class 1 day.
Schmuck........ you shoulda never opened your piehole....
LOL!!!

Nice! because of Renes thread and Slummys love of the bolo tie I have sent a pic to honor them both, I wore my best bolo just for Slumlord at a fundraiser awhile back! grin
Originally Posted by renegade50
I learned how to razor sharpen knives on a Arkansas stone and refinish gunstocks in woodshop.

Thanks Mr. Mace!!!

We varnished the chit out of Birch gunstocks too ; ] cool
Class of 62, JFK. I have boots older than most of you.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Class of 62, JFK. I have boots older than most of you.

Not interested in boots.
Pics of bolo ties.
39 yrs old or better.
Lol!!!
Oddly enough, the class I've used the most since high school is typing. It was a requirement for graduation.

Geometry and proving problems using theorems helps me organize thoughts and think through problems. (mixed results blaming me, not the teacher)
Kaywoodie probably got ones from the spanish american war!!!

Lol!!!
Originally Posted by Dess
Oddly enough, the class I've used the most since high school is typing. It was a requirement for graduation.

Geometry and proving problems using theorems helps me organize thoughts and think through problems. (mixed results blaming me, not the teacher)

WORMS
Width over range mils squared.

Only math i needed .
Adjusting and shifting motar and artillery fire.
Helpful if you know mil width of your fingers and fist at 1000m.
Practice practice practice

Other than that back in the day.
Write a check .
Always round up to next highest dollar in your register.
Fugg that balancing schitt back then.

Lol!!!
Gunner500
Bolo tie!!!
Lol!!!
The button down collar shirt brings it all together!!!

Graduation present? who knows....too long ago.
Bolo ties long gone.
Never went back....not even for the 50th reunion.
Gunner500
Bolo tie!!!
Lol!!!
The button down collar shirt brings it all together!!!

Thanks Renegade, that right there is for my friend and Bolo Tie aficionado Slumlord! grin
This year was going to be my 50th year HS reunion, 1970 . . . it still is, just won't be a gathering wink .

151 in my senior class. I was #15. Went off to college and graduated in Dec '74. Learned more about working and how to actually do a job the first 4 years out of college than I could ever have learned in HS OR college. Worked for 43 years before hanging up the work clothes Dec 30, 2017. It was fun (really) but I was done.
Grandpa's bolo
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Mine.

You're a half dozen years my senior, but your American Tourister reference brought a smile. Brother and I sported each a brandy-new model around the time you were a HS senior on our way to a few years of living in Japan. Old man was DoD contracted egghead bringing F-16/AWACS/Navy E-2 Hawkeye/missile/ECM and I'm sure many other weapons systems/toys and technology primarily to the JASDF (Japan Air Self-Defense Force) on behalf of the USAF/goobermint but also some navy stuff. He was NOT military but as a department head and one of the go-to guys of what was known as the C3I (Command, Control, Communication and Intelligence) division was apparently considered the civilian equivalent of a full bird colonel.

When we returned stateside he was gifted some really neat and personal stuff by a number of JASDF brass. During our stay we enjoyed base (Army, Navy/AF/other) /embassy/state dept. privileges and let me say that just the flashing of those embassy/state department IDs saved our bacon on a number of occasions including several where our young American partners in crime of corporate parentage were hauled off to the Japanese equivalent of the hoosegow by Tokyo's finest. I assure you they were humorless lot too, and not ever easily talked out of a properly deserved perp CRS (cuffing, roughing and stuffing)

Brother and I brought back those AT cases a few years later, heads hung in shame following our expulsion from one of the most prestigious international American schools in the world...OK so there wasn't really any shame but there was enough leftover from my folks to pretend a little rubbed off on us... Anyway, I can still see every detail on those cases. Hard-sided plastic or polymer, sort of wood-grained/tiger striped pattern in a combo weird brown/tan/orange color. Chrome type trim where clamshell sides met when closed. Mechanical lockable latches on either side of the handle that pivoted from 12 o'clock (unlocked) to 3 o'clock (locked).

Anyway, thanks for the memory jog and your service, you hillbilly ex-Maineiac you... Mr. Flair share my invite yet? wink
Cool Stuff Slim Jim!
Originally Posted by fgold767
Graduation present? who knows....too long ago.
Bolo ties long gone.
Never went back....not even for the 50th reunion.

Spent 3 yrs in home town usa as a army recruiter.
Sure was fun running into some people.
Made some as uncomfortable as I could.
Not much fun for them.

Lol!!!

40th is next year.
Aint been to one yet.
Nice bolos JC!!!
I got my bolo tie at service metchandise or zayres IIRC.

Lol!!!
You gonna to have to bounce a rock off Slums doghouse and call attention to this thread so he wont miss it ; ]
I got my bolo tie at service metchandise or zayres IIRC.

Lol!!!

Service merchandise.....

That’s a flashback.

Pick what you want on the shelf, then go to the back to wait for it to roll down the conyevor belt.....
I was 19 when i joined in may 83
20 when i shipped in july 83
Retired sept 1 2008.
Never had a groid for a CIC.
Bill Clinton was close enough to one though....

Anyone else have a 39 yr old Bolo tie or suitcase story???

Feel free to share.

Slumlord is kinda wanting to look at bolo ties for church.

So the more pics of em the better.

Detail on mine in the pic aint that great.
Cow skull, cactus, some red plastic jewel, lasso rope border.

LOL!!!

Hahaha

You are so fulla chit
Graduated 1987. Left my full time job early to attend the ceremony.

My folks gave me a Stanley thermos. 33 years later, I still have it,
and use it. Farming, logging, construction, trucking, factory work,
I would have to pay someone to take the thing at a yard sale.
But, it looks beautiful to me. Just the way a 50 year old blue collar
American man's thermos should.
The guest of honor has arrived^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^cool
Old Town Indians!!!

Now the PC Old Town Coyotes....

Class of 210
I was ranked # 76
Not bad for a burn out who never took homework home.
My time was mine, not a bunch of people who never left academia since kindergarten.
Yes, they did class rankings.
The Horror......

Final parting shot to high school and schitt that dont count for the rest of your life. IMO.....
I wore a Bolo tie.
Whats worse.
A cheap clip on like a buncha schmucks wore or a bolo tie???
LOL!!!

Graduation present....
American Tourister suitcase just like the gorrila tried to stove the fugg up in the commercial.
Moved out 2 weeks after high school.
Worked on a state survey crew on road projects.
Good money.
Joined the Army in may 83.

My advice to graduates.
High school got ya to a certain point.

Welcome to the rest of your life.
Yep.....thats about it for advice...

Other than

Get a suitcase and see the planet, you might even set off sniffer wands at airport security on your way to your 3rd tour in korea. Only if you kept your shot shell reloading components in it years before.
LOL!!!

Always wondered what became of Scorpio’s belt buckle.

Your birthday is soon

You’re gettin a humminbird you fuqcker
600 plus in HS class. '82
Didn't take books home (pissed teachers off).
Knew some wuss majors (like home ec) that never took a hard class, they got in top 25 (rank then a joke IMHO).
SAT, scored enough to get into engineering, with ease.....could have done better if I studied I guess.

Hated HS and the azzholes in it.

Saw pics on social media, last renunion.
They all look like chit.
I've held up way better in comparison.

I knew a couple cool people back then. Did not keep in touch.
One died of cancer way too young. Shame.
Ties? Biggest joke around IMHO. I never wore one for graduation.

I would have happily missed all that stupid chit if I was allowed. But girlfriend and best friend, she is my wife, and our parents insisted. The parents have no clue what they shove down kids throats that don't fit and the kids never forget or forgive.

That said class was a bit over 100 IIRC. I missed top 10 by just a bit, but I never tried at all. School was too easy mostly and I was too lazy.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Your birthday is soon

You’re gettin a humminbird you fuqcker

I dont want one of those mummified ones that die bouncing their noggins off the clear siding around your outdoor bbq area.
Lol!!!
Graduations, weddings and funerals............skip em all if you can.
High school was fine.

We had our ten year reunion out here at my place. Whole hog bbq and a bunch of booze.

Big party. Lots of fun.

The catty girls of the class were mad about everyone having such a good time at my place.....they insisted we have an ice cream social the next day in town.

It was lame! They are still mad.
Graduated 6-9-69. I’ve never been to a reunion. Senior prom queen all four years of high school was named Karen. All 4 of them got knocked up before graduation.
Aiight, aiight, I got it and ain't no puzzle. No feelers hurt.

Mr. Flair, kindly disregard the previously referenced 2nd party invitation. In Sir Sourpuss's stead feel free to sub-invite the big-boned Montana cow fella who rocks the red full-boat underthermals when he's got a glow on, or maybe the kind bud horkin', good pitcher'r taking other Montana cow fella or worst case, your ornery KY neighbor who posts about his old Ford/Buick/Lincoln tractor, y'know the dude who be waging war agin' nem pear trees and bamboo patches, driving halfway across the state for a couple' rolls of SP, a sammich and a pack of EZ-Widers. With threads on ponds he ain't allowed ta fish.

Sanks.
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Aiight, aiight, I got it and ain't no puzzle. No feelers hurt.

Mr. Flair, kindly disregard the previously referenced 2nd party invitation. In Sir Sourpuss's stead feel free to sub-invite the big-boned Montana cow fella who rocks the red full-boat underthermals when he's got a glow on, or maybe the kind bud horkin', good pitcher'r taking other Montana cow fella or worst case, your ornery KY neighbor who posts about his old Ford/Buick/Lincoln tractor, y'know the dude who be waging war agin' nem pear trees and bamboo patches, driving halfway across the state for a couple' rolls of SP, a sammich and a pack of EZ-Widers. With threads on ponds he ain't allowed ta fish.

Sanks.

It's all water under the bridge kamo.
Long gone past.

It's all good.
Bygones are bygones.

Renegade50
Aka "sourpuss" crazy laugh

LOL!!!
I busted out my senior year of 1976 from fort defiance high school in near staunton,virginia. i'll bet they never ranked me,just wanted out.

schools claim to fame , chapter # 1 of the future farmers of America.

half of the people that were top of my class never made it in life. guess they were followers instead of leaders. most of us that kicked against the system all thru school did pretty good. I 've been self-employed all my working years.
Rana Rugan.....
Class valedictorian.
Check out woman...
Dougs shop and save
Old town maine

Oh schitt here he comes again delibrately thru my line with his 2 oldest girls 5 and 7.
Gonna let em go apeschitt on purpose and get candy again while he opens up the wallet full of bens and grants.

Did it on purpose just ta be a dick.
Sometimes while in class b fruit salad recruiter uniform

Golddust shattered dreams kinda schitt cause I could........

LOL!!!!
I have heard high school Valedictorians don’t do any better in life, seems to be true, but they are among the top 20%, several of whom DO go in to successful professional careers.

I graduated mid-seventies, no idea of my class rank. Graduation was outside on the bleachers with the auto-shop dropouts doing burnouts just outside the fence 🙂

I seem to recall walking the stage drunk but that weren’t unusual in the ‘70’s.
We had 18 kegs at our graduation party at Vicki Meyers house in west old town
Musta been 350 people their.
It was epic.
All car keys turned into her mom.
No one left till 8 am
Some later, party went on that weekend at other kegga,s.
I didnt go home for 3 days.
Lol!!!

Different day and age....

1957 for me, Shook hands with coach, and shop teacher, got my sheep skin, walked out the door, got in my pickup and went to a rodeo, in Vernal,Utah won the calf roping, third in the steer roping, with my buddy Ben Franklin, 2nd in the bulldog'in , with Ben hazing for me, left there went to Heber city, Utah to next rodeo, never looked back. Rio7
1974 and good riddance!!!
Lot's of fellow students, using that term rather loosely, , I have not seen since that day.
bolo's use to be common in arizona, goldwater wore them.
i still have one from the sheriffs department, with a badge on the locking mechanism.
they were breakaway, so if someone grabbed one thinking they could throttle you, they got a surprise in addition to the felony
Class of 70 Thurston HighSchool, Springfield Or.

We "were" going to have a 50 year reunion this summer.

Maybe it will be a winter class reunion.

Virgil B.
81, quit school a month before graduation, I had gone to the first semester of my senior yr in Littlefield tx, English 4 wasn't required so I didn't take it. it was required in Alice tx, they told me I had to make it up in summer school. I said f-ck that and just went and took the GED test. I was already working wasn't going to waste time in summer school.
‘76. Our class trip was to DC. I didn’t go as 5 days after graduation I flew to AK to begin my life

That went a bit wonky

Can’t recall any grad presents some $10 bills from a few relatives

Mom counted my class the other day 120+ iirc

I had to be in middle to bottom, I didn’t do busy work such as homework & I skipped the last 3 hours of school most of the time my senior year, finally got my first F from doing so. You can imagine my relief when I didn’t have to pen a valedictory speech 🤦🏼‍♂️ Snork

If not for football I might have dropped out
Graduated in 1961. Had already been working a 2nd shift for several months in the lithograph shop at American Can Company, earning enough for my first year of college that fall. Don't know where I ranked in the class of 460 or so, but I did miss out on a couple of awards at graduation because my foreman didn't think that graduating from high school merited an excused absence.
My father drove my mother to mine from the hospital he brought a chair with arms for her to sit in. After, he took her back to the hospital.

My reception was that same evening, coffee at my grandmother's home. Friends of family there. No keg.
I graduated #4 in a class of ~600 in 1980. I worked the summer at a produce market that I started working at when I was 11. I then headed off to college and 5 years later left a mechanical engineer and immediately started working for Royal Dutch Shell retiring a bit over 30 years later. I am a fan of bolos, easy to tie...

My son following his Pop's. Virtual graduation and off to Motiva's Port Arthur refinery.

Born a week before JFK was shot. Class of '82. 434 in my class...no idea what my rank was. I wasn't the most studious, but score a damned near perfect SAT...hungover, IIRC. Took a few years off before getting my degree. Not a reunion type dude. Never been.

My son was born a week before 9/11 and is graduating from the same high school as me, the COVID class of 2020. He's #4 outta 410. Did well on both SAT and ACT, as well as president of a number of extracurriculars, editor of the paper, varsity sports, etc. Could go to damn near any college he wants.
Going to study the law. Kid is driven - he'll be successful because burns inside him. Musta got it from his mother.
© 24hourcampfire