-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have heard high school Valedictorians don’t do any better in life, seems to be true, but they are among the top 20%, several of whom DO go in to successful professional careers.

I graduated mid-seventies, no idea of my class rank. Graduation was outside on the bleachers with the auto-shop dropouts doing burnouts just outside the fence 🙂

I seem to recall walking the stage drunk but that weren’t unusual in the ‘70’s.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
We had 18 kegs at our graduation party at Vicki Meyers house in west old town
Musta been 350 people their.
It was epic.
All car keys turned into her mom.
No one left till 8 am
Some later, party went on that weekend at other kegga,s.
I didnt go home for 3 days.
Lol!!!

Different day and age....

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R

1957 for me, Shook hands with coach, and shop teacher, got my sheep skin, walked out the door, got in my pickup and went to a rodeo, in Vernal,Utah won the calf roping, third in the steer roping, with my buddy Ben Franklin, 2nd in the bulldog'in , with Ben hazing for me, left there went to Heber city, Utah to next rodeo, never looked back. Rio7

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
1974 and good riddance!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Lot's of fellow students, using that term rather loosely, , I have not seen since that day.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
bolo's use to be common in arizona, goldwater wore them.
i still have one from the sheriffs department, with a badge on the locking mechanism.
they were breakaway, so if someone grabbed one thinking they could throttle you, they got a surprise in addition to the felony

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Class of 70 Thurston HighSchool, Springfield Or.

We "were" going to have a 50 year reunion this summer.

Maybe it will be a winter class reunion.

Virgil B.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
81, quit school a month before graduation, I had gone to the first semester of my senior yr in Littlefield tx, English 4 wasn't required so I didn't take it. it was required in Alice tx, they told me I had to make it up in summer school. I said f-ck that and just went and took the GED test. I was already working wasn't going to waste time in summer school.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
‘76. Our class trip was to DC. I didn’t go as 5 days after graduation I flew to AK to begin my life

That went a bit wonky

Can’t recall any grad presents some $10 bills from a few relatives

Mom counted my class the other day 120+ iirc

I had to be in middle to bottom, I didn’t do busy work such as homework & I skipped the last 3 hours of school most of the time my senior year, finally got my first F from doing so. You can imagine my relief when I didn’t have to pen a valedictory speech 🤦🏼‍♂️ Snork

If not for football I might have dropped out

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Graduated in 1961. Had already been working a 2nd shift for several months in the lithograph shop at American Can Company, earning enough for my first year of college that fall. Don't know where I ranked in the class of 460 or so, but I did miss out on a couple of awards at graduation because my foreman didn't think that graduating from high school merited an excused absence.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
My father drove my mother to mine from the hospital he brought a chair with arms for her to sit in. After, he took her back to the hospital.

My reception was that same evening, coffee at my grandmother's home. Friends of family there. No keg.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I graduated #4 in a class of ~600 in 1980. I worked the summer at a produce market that I started working at when I was 11. I then headed off to college and 5 years later left a mechanical engineer and immediately started working for Royal Dutch Shell retiring a bit over 30 years later. I am a fan of bolos, easy to tie...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

My son following his Pop's. Virtual graduation and off to Motiva's Port Arthur refinery.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Born a week before JFK was shot. Class of '82. 434 in my class...no idea what my rank was. I wasn't the most studious, but score a damned near perfect SAT...hungover, IIRC. Took a few years off before getting my degree. Not a reunion type dude. Never been.

My son was born a week before 9/11 and is graduating from the same high school as me, the COVID class of 2020. He's #4 outta 410. Did well on both SAT and ACT, as well as president of a number of extracurriculars, editor of the paper, varsity sports, etc. Could go to damn near any college he wants.
Going to study the law. Kid is driven - he'll be successful because burns inside him. Musta got it from his mother.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

420 members (10ring1, 17Hunter, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 1badf350, 44 invisible), 1,498 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,988
Posts18,520,103
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.