Home
Posted By: MM879 Common Sense, Ron Desantis - 05/14/20
Why is Florida so much more stable than Michigan/Wisconsin? Florida is walking circles around the nation on the COVID-19 crisis.
I've had my ideas, but would love to hear from masses.
Posted By: deflave Re: Common Sense, Ron Desantis - 05/14/20
His best needs to get a whole lot better in my opinion.

This schit is beyond stupid.
The “D” is keeping his mitts out of the wood chipper mostly. Nothing to see here.
Posted By: MM879 Re: Common Sense, Ron Desantis - 05/14/20
Originally Posted by deflave

You might have it here. Let me dig a little deeper. It looks like Florida is trying to solve a problem. Michigan/Wisconsin are trying to make the problem worse. It's just that simple. Look at the COVID-19 diagnosis process in Michigan. If you are hospitalized it is COVID. The Michigan/Wisconsin want the big numbers.
Posted By: hatari Re: Common Sense, Ron Desantis - 05/14/20

Tell us more, since you are there.
Posted By: Savuti Re: Common Sense, Ron Desantis - 05/14/20

My take: I had high hopes when DeSantis was elected, and he exceeded all my expectations.
Dumped Common Core, removed Sheriff "Parkland" Israel, made a bunch of conservative appointments etc.

Then the virus hit and, just like Trump, he's stuck tween a rock and a hard place. Heads they win, tails you lose.
I think he's doing a reasonably good job of threading the needle, but I could be wrong.

So Flave, seriously, what could Desantis be doing that he's not doing yet?
I ask as an honest question. My FIL lives in Orlando, and we are there often. My wife was born and raised there, so we stay connected to Florida.

I expected COVID 19 to take a heavy toll in Florida, given the combination of aging snowbirds from NY, Ontario, and points north, along with the basic situation that parts of Florida are populated by retirees full time, and the normal NY to Miami/Dade/Broward connection. It hasn't happened.

I'm shocked The Villages hasn't been wiped out. Maybe STDs protected them? Ocala hasn't been a hot spot.

Time to open the beaches and open parts of the state, if not all of it to tourism. No reason the Panhandle can't open. Louisianna has calmed down. Largely tourists from Ga and AL hit the panhandle anyway. Numbers have gone down since re-opening here, in spite of dire predictions to the contrary.
It might be the Florida retires would string Desantis up if he tried any of the BS the Northern dims are doing. One of the few bright lights in Michigan is the Owosso barber that opened up despite the COVID-19 order. Could this be an age decision process?
I live in Florida and governor DeSantis has done a good job. However, at this point, one must look at the numbers and realize you have to open the economy back up again.

The death rate does not justify collapsing and entire state’s economy. Most people I speak with feel the same way and believe at this point the numbers are skewed to try and make President Trump look bad.

Things are opening back now and this is great news!
DeSantis is doing a decent job, IMO. But, he needs to get more aggressive opening up the economy. If you compare his body of work with a larger population, to that of the dumbschit in NY, which a lot of people want to do, he's been far more successful in keeping corona virus deaths down.

He's been criticized for the slow payout of unemployment benefits. But, he inherited a system designed by his predecessor, Rick Scott (now Senator Rick Scott after ousting 20 year entrenched D- for douchebag Bill Nelson), to only have people on unemployment for a short time, 12 weeks. That system also makes it difficult to initiate, extend or restart benefits.

I'll take his +'s over his -'s.

The hot spots in FL are all the usual suspects; Miami-Dade, Broward, and PB counties.
You know, the places that can't run an election to save their lives.
Originally Posted by MM879
. One of the few bright lights in Michigan is the Owosso barber that opened up despite the COVID-19 order.

Yeah, and the state just yanked his barber license.
Originally Posted by hatari
Time to open the beaches and open parts of the state, if not all of it to tourism. No reason the Panhandle can't open. Louisianna has calmed down. Largely tourists from Ga and AL hit the panhandle anyway. Numbers have gone down since re-opening here, in spite of dire predictions to the contrary.

The panhandle is open. I just left Pensacola and the beaches are packed, you have a hard time finding a parking space. Restaurants are open, people are out boating. Jet ski rental places are doing a brisk business.

The only real difference from normal is the Ft Pickens National Seashore area is still closed, I’m not sure why that is.
Ron Desantis told Laura Ingraham that nobody is dying on Florida beaches.
Bright sunshine kills COVID...

For starters, this was all pitched as a means of eliminating spring break traffic. "14 days" to "flatten the curve" he said.

Bull fugking schit. That was months ago, and here the state sits, still in lock down.

What level of fugking idiot, thinks any of this lock down schit is doing anything? It's absurd. Miami-Dade and Broward needed the governor's "approval" before moving forward today. Broward wanted a whopping 50% capacity for their restaurants starting this Monday.

Desantis had to make a big bullschit show of it today. Like he's giving us a fugking gift.

The only governor that has a set is Kemp. The rest are all kghunts as far as I'm concerned.
Posted By: 79S Re: Common Sense, Ron Desantis - 05/14/20

For starters, this was all pitched as a means of eliminating spring break traffic. "14 days" to "flatten the curve" he said.

Bull fugking schit. That was months ago, and here the state sits, still in lock down.

What level of fugking idiot, thinks any of this lock down schit is doing anything? It's absurd. Miami-Dade and Broward needed the governor's "approval" before moving forward today. Broward wanted a whopping 50% capacity for their restaurants starting this Monday.

Desantis had to make a big bullschit show of it today. Like he's giving us a fugking gift.

The only governor that has a set is Kemp. The rest are all kghunts as far as I'm concerned.

Damn Gator tell us how you really feel...
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Common Sense, Ron Desantis - 05/14/20
Originally Posted by Savuti
. One of the few bright lights in Michigan is the Owosso barber that opened up despite the COVID-19 order.

Just like to drive a vehicle one doesn't need a license, or even the keys if one knows certain things, then all one needs to barber are some scissors, right?

If folks keep going to his shop in support of him, perhaps he can pay the fines and continue to cut hair?

I'll be going to get my $100.00 hair cut. I hope the line isn't around the block. The Owosso barber is an old timer patriot. It will be an honor to support him.

I saw some BS that Kemp's approval rating here has dropped to 39%. I just can't imagine which Democrats they polled, because his move to open the state has been appreciated by nearly everybody on this end of town, which is the working end. People are sick of staying home. Our hospitals are slowly emptying of COVID patients according to my sources at the various hospitals. Outside of Northside main campus, I know a dozen hospitals in the metro area that have less than 20 COVID patients and only 1 or 2 per hospital are serious right now. Since opening May 1, the number of cases has dropped, not increased.

Kemp has been widely criticized, mostly by people OUT of state. The national media has screamed. Interestingly, the local media, both TV and AJC has played it mostly fair and straight.

National media doesn't realize that Kemp has a very strong team of experts that I would argue are more qualified to advise on the subject that Dr. Foucci. He has doctors, professors and epidemiologists from 4 Med Schools here in state who know a thing or two about epidemics and have REAL data from Georgia to base decisions on.

I saw some BS that Kemp's approval rating here has dropped to 39%.

100% bullschit.

Just like the rest of this The Corona bullschit.

I saw some BS that Kemp's approval rating here has dropped to 39%. I just can't imagine which Democrats they polled, because his move to open the state has been appreciated by nearly everybody on this end of town, which is the working end. People are sick of staying home. Our hospitals are slowly emptying of COVID patients according to my sources at the various hospitals. Outside of Northside main campus, I know a dozen hospitals in the metro area that have less than 20 COVID patients and only 1 or 2 per hospital are serious right now. Since opening May 1, the number of cases has dropped, not increased.

Kemp has been widely criticized, mostly by people OUT of state. The national media has screamed. Interestingly, the local media, both TV and AJC has played it mostly fair and straight.

National media doesn't realize that Kemp has a very strong team of experts that I would argue are more qualified to advise on the subject that Dr. Foucci. He has doctors, professors and epidemiologists from 4 Med Schools here in state who know a thing or two about epidemics and have REAL data from Georgia to base decisions on.

hatari,

A lot of people just flat ass don't want to go back to work. They're making more on handouts. So, hence, Kemp's negative polling.

I hear the same grumblings here from the snowflakes when I'm out and about every day. It's all about the "science", you see.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

hatari,

A lot of people just flat ass don't want to go back to work. They're making more on handouts. So, hence, Kemp's negative polling.

I hear the same grumblings here from the snowflakes when I'm out and about every day. It's all about the "science", you see.

You are 100% right on that.

My astute wife did a search of the social media that she and other hens frequent. Common threads she found with the "if we open too soon people will needlessly die" crowd.

- stay at home moms whose husband are working from home and getting paychecks. Their life has not changed much. Lock down affects them very little.
- people who did make less than $50k/year that were getting $965/wk to stay home. They were coming out ahead.
- crazy single/divorced cat ladies (who fit in the category above) that are afraid of their shadow and believe everything on CNN of Facebook. "I read on Facebook Trump wants us dead."
- agonostic/athiest crowd. They are afraid to die everyday because for them, that's the end of the line.

Number of cases are falling here since we opened. Many people still staying home, but no instant spike in deaths that the media morons predicted. (As if the State would open May 1, then May 2 everybody in the State would fall ill, and by May 5 they all would die. Certainly dead by May 10 by the thousands per day if their calculations were off. How stupid?)
Originally Posted by local_dirt

hatari,

You are 100% right on that.

My astute wife did a search of the social media that she and other hens frequent. Common threads she found with the "if we open too soon people will needlessly die" crowd.

- stay at home moms whose husband are working from home and getting paychecks. Their life has not changed much. Lock down affects them very little.
- people who did make less than $50k/year that were getting $965/wk to stay home. They were coming out ahead.
- crazy single/divorced cat ladies (who fit in the category above) that are afraid of their shadow and believe everything on CNN of Facebook. "I read on Facebook Trump wants us dead."
- agonostic/athiest crowd. They are afraid to die everyday because for them, that's the end of the line.

Number of cases are falling here since we opened. Many people still staying home, but no instant spike in deaths that the media morons predicted. (As if the State would open May 1, then May 2 everybody in the State would fall ill, and by May 5 they all would die. Certainly dead by May 10 by the thousands per day if their calculations were off. How stupid?)

hatari, That's hilarious.

I know some of those batschit crazy single/divorced cat ladies.. and their male counterparts. They were all about Cuomo being the smartest male Hero with chin hair.. until I told them about the nursing homes. The lines of communication went dead after that one. Lol.
Posted By: hatari Re: Common Sense, Ron Desantis - 05/15/20
Male counterparts are the dog rescue crowd.

Don’t get me wrong, I love dogs and have 2 but the rescue crowd vilifies me because my Elkhounds have a better pedigree than does Prince Charles.

Since I don’t have 13 rescue mutts, I don’t count. It’s wrong to own a pure bred dog unless it is some sort of cockamamie “designer Doodle” thing.

LabraDoodle
GoldenDoodle

How about a phoucing

Cock a Doodle Doo?
Florida is a [bleep] up mess, and is NOT a good example of political leadership. DeSantis screwed the pooch when he allowed and encouraged every county and city to implement much stricter rules than the state guidelines, but not less strict. Folks don’t have any idea of what the regulations are. They vary from place to place. The economy is destroyed. Education has been destroyed. Health care is in shambles. Parks, forests, beaches closed. Abortion mills going full steam ahead. The WORST unemployment program in America. Road blocks, travelers screened and detained. Hundreds arrested by out of control cops, most of whom have no real idea of what they at
are supposed to do.
No, Florida is a disaster.
Posted By: MM879 Re: Common Sense, Ron Desantis - 05/16/20

I'll be going to get my $100.00 hair cut. I hope the line isn't around the block. The Owosso barber is an old timer patriot. It will be an honor to support him.

They are going to offer free hair cuts at the capital during the next confrontation.
https://www.mlive.com/public-intere...-capitol-lawn-at-next-weeks-protest.html
© 24hourcampfire