Home
Posted By: IndyCA35 Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20
That's how many people have been kicked out of their jobs during the last four months and filed for unemployment.

Wanna bet that NOT A SINGLE ONE of them is a government employee?
Posted By: blammer Re: Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20
me
Posted By: slumlord Re: Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20
$875 would be sweet to sit on the riverbank with a cane pole between my toes.

Unless that’s a rumor.
In full disclosure, I work for the local Fire Department and EMS Dispatch Center and I am working full time. With that said, I know of MANY people in our City government that are "working" and there is practically zero need for them right now.
Posted By: duck911 Re: Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
That's how many people have been kicked out of their jobs during the last four months and filed for unemployment.

Not even remotely close. With tax revenue down, MANY governments are laying off workers.

City of Tacoma
City of Cheyenne
Rancho Cucamonga
Fullerton City
State of Michigan
L.A.
Augusta
Phoenix
East Lansing
Duluth
Santa Monica
Portsmouth
Circuit City (wait....)

I could go on and on for an hour.

So, no.

Local and state jurisdictions are laying off folks left and right. We will likely see some government BK's because of this. Las Vegas already issued a state of economic emergency due to the loss of tax revenue. They may be insolvent by the end of the year.
The city library here posted a listing on the web site to hire a new librarian. The library is closed.
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20
Originally Posted by slumlord

Unless that’s a rumor.

In Iowa you can get over a $1000 a week with the federal $600.
People who get the top tier unemployment and the federal kicker make as much, doing absolutely nothing, as I make working full time.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20
36 mil doesn't begin to cover it.

That's only the people that were working for others.

There's millions more small business owners that are SOL, and since they are self-employed, can't get unemployment benefits, so they remain uncounted.

And unless they found a way to get a .gov scamulus check, they haven't received a dime since this thing started.

End of March to middle of May, so far, with no income.

Their lives destroyed, so liberals could feel better.
The goal for the Democrats in the next few months will be to get as many people as possible addicted to government crack. Then, they will make universal base income an issue during the election.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
The goal for the Democrats in the next few months will be to get as many people as possible addicted to government crack. Then, they will make universal base income an issue during the election.

It will be a major issue and it’ll play well.

Bernie’s supporters are alive and well as are newer converts.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20
Our restaurant opened Monday but the two bars are still closed down. The government giving away money to some businesses was the wrong thing to do and penalized other businesses. Then you take the unemployment raise and stimulus package wasn't anywhere near fair. Those that pay the most in taxes didn't receive any stimulus money. It won't be long before the government cuts SS and Medicare so the freeloaders and deadbeats can still receive their welfare and health care. Who was the POTUS that signed this bill?
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Our restaurant opened Monday but the two bars are still closed down. The government giving away money to some businesses was the wrong thing to do and penalized other businesses. Then you take the unemployment raise and stimulus package wasn't anywhere near fair. Those that pay the most in taxes didn't receive any stimulus money. It won't be long before the government cuts SS and Medicare so the freeloaders and deadbeats can still receive their welfare and health care. Who was the POTUS that signed this bill?

TG, Trump and his team did the best that they could under the circumstances and they did it as quickly as possible.

Was it perfect and totally effective,,,,well, no, it wasn’t and it isn’t.

Would your preference have been just do nothing ?
Posted By: efw Re: Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20
Oh wait... you mean we’re NOT all in this together 😮!?!?
Originally Posted by efw

Hey, you !

Keep your distance there.
Posted By: MAC Re: Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20
Nobody in my family has been laid off. We are all still drawing the same paychecks as before.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by efw

Hey, you !

Keep your distance there.

Hey that reminds me that these are times for this song to finally become the hit it ought to have been:

Posted By: guy57 Re: Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20
i know several people here in Mi. drawing 760.00 a week that never even had a freaken job. Just claim financial hardship from covid. No history, no pay stubs, no employer, no freaken problem just claim a flat 160.00 weekly income and get your 760.00 a week. My brother got laid off from a tubing shop and was laughing because his unemployment for one week was 4 dollars more than his two week takehome check. Unfuckingbelievable!!!
Posted By: djs Re: Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20
Originally Posted by duck911

Not even remotely close. With tax revenue down, MANY governments are laying off workers.

City of Tacoma
City of Cheyenne
Rancho Cucamonga
Fullerton City
State of Michigan
L.A.
Augusta
Phoenix
East Lansing
Duluth
Santa Monica
Portsmouth
Circuit City (wait....)

I could go on and on for an hour.

So, no.

Local and state jurisdictions are laying off folks left and right. We will likely see some government BK's because of this. Las Vegas already issued a state of economic emergency due to the loss of tax revenue. They may be insolvent by the end of the year.

And, may state and local government employees are now on unemployment.
Posted By: guy57 Re: Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20
I worked, paid taxes, and social security for 50 years. Where's my free [bleep]? I think i'm becomeing a Bernie fan, F&%^ you all, i want MY free money.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20

TG, Trump and his team did the best that they could under the circumstances and they did it as quickly as possible.

Doing nothing would of been fair to everyone. Closing some businesses down and not others doesn't sound fair, and compensating some businesses and not others isn't fair. It's been bs from the beginning and unfair to the taxpayers for generations to come. We've spent a good chunk of our reserves making it through this and if we have a severe hurricane this year we could have major financial problems.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20

Doing nothing would of been fair to everyone. Closing some businesses down and not others doesn't sound fair, and compensating some businesses and not others isn't fair. It's been bs from the beginning and unfair to the taxpayers for generations to come. We've spent a good chunk of our reserves making it through this and if we have a severe hurricane this year we could have major financial problems.
Didn't anybody ever teach you life isn't fair ?
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20
Originally Posted by slumlord

Unless that’s a rumor.

What khan/ wife got the 4wks she was layed off.

275 max from tn and 600 from unca suga

Normally makes 1250 ish every 2 weeks after taxes.

2 week check 1750 unemployment.
Fugged up paying people more than what they made.
Employers shoulda been able to input before layoffs what employees max shoulda been.

Just gonna create a bunch of fuggs who dont wanna go back to work until this blown out UI runs out.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

It will be a major issue and it’ll play well.

Bernie’s supporters are alive and well as are newer converts.

Exactly....
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20
The democrats are concentrating on keeping the house and wining the senate. With both senate and house they will not care who is president. Besides they can impeach with control in both houses. Do not let the democrats sucker you.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20
Well as Joe cited it today.. We have had 36 million die of the Corona Virus, but the good news according Joe, is that only 85,000 people have lost their jobs due to the corona virus...
Posted By: las Re: Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20
Yeah, I heard tonight that our state Legislators are "working from home" , but still drawing daily per diem to a max of 26K a year.

Outrageous, if true.
Posted By: bbassi Re: Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20
Originally Posted by Fubarski

There's millions more small business owners that are SOL, and since they are self-employed, can't get unemployment benefits, so they remain uncounted.

And unless they found a way to get a .gov scamulus check, they haven't received a dime since this thing started.

Actually the self employed are eligible for the $600 Federal money if they can prove prior income. They need to apply for UI through their state unemployment department, so they are being tracked. They are not necessarily eligible for state UI benefits but that's how they are getting the Fed kicker. I'm working on contract for several states UI offices helping to get people's claims right so that's how I know.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20
None of my family or close neighbors are off, but the family members are working from home, at least some of the time (private industry). One neighbor works for FEMA, and is often pretty idle anyway. The other is an Air Traffic Controller, and goes in as usual.
Posted By: deflave Re: Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20

Kingston says that Sycamore is smarter than you.

LOL

^^^Clam^^^

Not only have they not laid anybody off, they've taken tax money to create more.

LOL
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20
The sad part is that, ir it were Obama who created this depression and then favored a law that would give people more freebiemoochies for not working than for working, we would all be denouncing him as a commie. Donald, get a grip. The election is in a few short months and I don't want to live in a country run by Schumer and Pelosi.

News this morning: Production output dropped in April more than in any month since they started measuring it in 1919.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20
We all made our choices in life. I decided for the risky fishing and tourism lifestyle rather than a stable government job.

Most years i come out way ahead, and get piles of time off to pursue other things. This year who knows. But, it’s the choice I made.

Life was never supposed to be zero risk.

I completely agree but that would have been allowing a good crisis to go to waste. They had to get as many new addicts to govt crack as they could and holy cow did they ever manage that in spades.

Ironically the left are the ones who holy trinity includes “fairness” (equity, inclusion, diversity).
Posted By: kingston Re: Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20
Originally Posted by deflave

Kingston says that Sycamore is smarter than you.

LOL

I never said that Sycamore is smarter than Fubarski, but according to Dassa, it looks like Fubarski is wrong again.
Posted By: hanco Re: Who Are the 36,000,000? - 05/16/20
Wifey working from home, but has to go back to office on Monday. I’ve been working 3 days a week, but back full time on Monday. We didn’t get any stimulus money, but kept our jobs and paychecks. I’m thankful for that. The time off made me think a lot about retirement, a whole lot.
© 24hourcampfire