Home
Posted By: hanco NFL isn’t hiring enough blacks - 05/18/20
I listened to the sports channel at lunch for about 5 minutes. They said not enough blacks are being hired. I don’t watch news or read the paper.

Is this true? I thought there were lots of black coaches.
Coaches gotta be "woke" to their players.....

It helps if they are also educated enough to talk in English, strategize, communicate clearly, and know enough not to hold a handgun sideways.
Tony Dungy is the only one that has not been a joke. Unfortunately, pro teams hiring people that have to produce wins on the basis of color is a losing proposition.
Originally Posted by hanco
I listened to the sports channel at lunch for about 5 minutes. They said not enough blacks are being hired. I don’t watch news or read the paper.

Certain jobs require a great deal of physical ability. Others require a great deal of mental ability. I think there’s probably a clue there if we look deep enough...
Originally Posted by Dryfly24

Certain jobs require a great deal of physical ability. Others require a great deal of mental ability. I think there’s probably a clue there if we look deep enough...

The NFL is to provide special incentives to those owners who fulfill this long overdue “need.”
2theadvocate.com Sports Section.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Tony Dungy is the only one that has not been a joke. Unfortunately, pro teams hiring people that have to produce wins on the basis of color is a losing proposition.

Mike Tomlin has been a great coach and leader. Not always as many wins as one might hope, but hey, ya can't win every game in the NFL.
The National Fookin League can KMA.
NFL talking about a draft pick adjustment incentive program for hiring of minority (black) GMs or HCs.
Originally Posted by las
Coaches gotta be "woke" to their players.....

It helps if they are also educated enough to talk in English, strategize, communicate clearly, and know enough not to hold a handgun sideways.

Thats asking quite a bit, considering the pool you have to pull from. Usually all they can do is play with a ball, snort coke and rape women.
Coaching takes a lot of time. High school coaches are there 12 hours a day plus. Maybe they aren’t willing to put the time in.
There's plenty of white coaches and GMs who weren't worth a fuqk either. I know, I live in Michigan, home of the Lions. Russ Thomas, Wayne Fontes, etc, etc.
Ya know, I started working 50 years ago, right about the start of Affirmative Action, and had to stand by while minorities (and women) were promoted ahead of me, without regard to test scores, performance, or ability, to correct the past discriminatory practices of my company. It cost me real money, and caused a lot of aggravation. They disciminated, no question, but we paid the real price.

Woulda thought, and hoped, that this nonsense would be over by now. Silly, silly me.
Dennis Green?
The release of prisoners during the pandemic should help alleviate that.
Target number should be 12.7% which is the percent of the American population. Any more than that would be racist, by the definition of racism.

The people that should sue for discrimination are the Latinos/Hispanics which are 17.8% of the population and not represented in the NFL at all. NFL should just send out checks to a boat load.
Originally Posted by benchman
The release of prisoners during the pandemic should help alleviate that.

Yep. Guess ole OJ could suit up. 😜
They are over represented on the field.
Let them start their own league if they're not happy at the NFL

You as much about football coaches as you do returning property to the rightful owner.
Originally Posted by Daveman

Mike Tomlin has been a great coach and leader. Not always as many wins as one might hope, but hey, ya can't win every game in the NFL.

Exactly
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Dennis Green?

Mike Singletary

The NFL should enact affirmative action for white players.
Jimmy the Greek

Al Campanis

Coaching takes a lot of time. High school coaches are there 12 hours a day plus. Maybe they aren’t willing to put the time in.

This is what Al Campanis was saying in the video above.

Mike Tomlin proved himself to me when he stood solidly behind Mason Rudolph when that big colored boy claimed Rudolph called him a n i g g e r.

Tony Dungy leans abit to the left and tends to side with Lebron James.
Damn time someone said, "too many blacks"!

Tarzan Movie perhaps? Planet of the Apes maybe? Goodtimes!

Could go on and on.

Tomlin is a great coach IMHO.

You are absolutely correct, I completely forgot about him.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Mike Singletary

Always liked Singletary. One of the best Linebackers to ever play in the NFL. Intelligent. Articulate. Didn’t put up with any Bullschitt. NFL should give him another chance, IMO.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Dennis Green?

And at least Denny Green was entertaining!
Pushing affirmative action over performance, the tremendous amount of tax payer money used to build stadiums and the off and in field gangster attitude of many players are the reasons why I no longer watch NFL games.
Denny Green was being interviewed one time and they ask him if there should be quotas in the NFL for coaches. He said that teams should hire who they think will help them win
I read awhile back that black coaches get jerked around a lot when teams are interviewing. Even if a team has coach they know they are going to hire they HAVE to interview a black coach so they don't catch [bleep] about it. Not just the NFL, baseball also.
Originally Posted by tzone

You as much about football coaches as you do returning property to the rightful owner.

ESL?
They aren't hiring enough whites for those mega-million dollar wide receiver jobs either.
© 24hourcampfire