Home
Posted By: Armednfree This day in 1982 - 05/18/20
On this day, May 18th 1982, I left the United States Navy. I was so happy to leave that bunch of drug addicts and drunks behind. Reagan's no tolerance policy had not taken effect yet, in fact the officers were trying to cover up and work around. Faking tests and test results. How do I know? They ordered me to piss in a bottle three times to cover someone else. They didn't even try to hide it.

I hate naval officers. They will screw any enlisted for the sake of their commands appearance.

FTN
Posted By: 5sdad Re: This day in 1982 - 05/18/20

Unfortunately, that is true in education as well. It is easier to claim that all is well than it is to clean out the refuse that is ruining the system for those who are there to get an education.
Posted By: slumlord Re: This day in 1982 - 05/18/20
Harry Truman died too on this date.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: This day in 1982 - 05/18/20
Didn't Drew Carey do a Truman movie?

Harry Carey? Mariah Carey?

It was one a them Cary folks.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: This day in 1982 - 05/18/20
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Unfortunately, that is true in education as well. It is easier to claim that all is well than it is to clean out the refuse that is ruining the system for those who are there to get an education.

I spent 6 years working in a high school. I never knew 90% of the kids. Those kids were left behind because the staff and principals were dealing with the other 10%. Why they tolerated them and didn't kick them out by the end of the first semester I will never understand. They poisoned the whole building with their funk it attitude and bad behavior. The other 90% had to deal with it too. It's a good thing even the military won't touch them.

kwg
Posted By: UPhiker Re: This day in 1982 - 05/18/20
Originally Posted by Armednfree
I was so happy to leave that bunch of drug addicts and drunks behind.
Then you got a job in a prison. Care to explain that?
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: This day in 1982 - 05/18/20
Originally Posted by 5sdad

It's true in a lot of other organizations as well. Not so much in private business because the consequences of such stuff may bankrupt the business.
Posted By: Armednfree Re: This day in 1982 - 05/18/20
Simply, I'm the boss.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: This day in 1982 - 05/18/20
Simply, I'm the boss.

How many years did it take, though? You're the warden? You're still hanging out with drug addicts and drunks.
Posted By: Armednfree Re: This day in 1982 - 05/18/20
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Simply, I'm the boss.

How many years did it take, though? You're the warden? You're still hanging out with drug addicts and drunks.

You are confusing them with peers, they are not. They do that chit around me now I have a pair of handcuffs and a nice cozy isolation cell for them.
© 24hourcampfire