Home
Posted By: Hairtrigger Weather station - 05/21/20
Any recommendations on a good weather station that I can keep at my cabin. I would like to record rainfall for at least 7 days, no WiFi there, and need a decent wireless range meaning 100 yards or more

Thanks!
Posted By: slumlord Re: Weather station - 05/21/20
I had some pos from Lowe’s scientific atlanta or something like that.

Had the anemometer, temp, that data panel inside on the nightstand. All the sensors were on a pole 70 ft from the house

Squirrels chewed my fins on my anemometer. The thermometer crapped out after a year.

Thought...why in fugg am I even doing this, who gives a shît...

If I need to see how much it rained, I just go check my wheel barrow
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Weather station - 05/21/20
I have a Davis vantage pro2. Been good...
Posted By: baldhunter Re: Weather station - 05/21/20
https://www.lacrossetechnology.com/79400/
I recently bought one.Made in the USA. https://www.lacrossetechnology.com/products/weather/weather-stations
Posted By: bobmn Re: Weather station - 05/21/20
NOAA weather radio is a lot cheaper
Posted By: duck911 Re: Weather station - 05/21/20
I run a Davis Instruments 6250.

I've been extremely happy with it.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Weather station - 05/21/20
Davis Vantage Vue here as my main unit. I also have another cheap one I use in the kitchen, but it doesn't measure wind or rain.

The Vantage Vue runs on solar and backup battery in the send unit, battery or A/C in the receiver. It records temp, humidity, wind, rain, and baro daily, with month and year totals.
Posted By: Windfall Re: Weather station - 05/21/20
WBAY channel 2 mostly. Our weather girl can't hold a candle to some of those girls on Rockinbbar's 5/17 weather girl thread. They are all cheese eaters up here you know, but I don't need to drop big bucks into a rain gauge because I do have a weather rock that turns black and trees that wiggle in the wind. Ammo and guns seem a higher priority. A friend of mine put it well one deer season when I was agonizing over the moon phase, barometric pressure, cloud cover and wind direction. He said, "What the hell does it matter? You are going to be out there all day anyway, right?"
Posted By: immature Re: Weather station - 05/21/20
We were given a LaCrosse Technology unit for Christmas last year. First I asked for a complete owners manual by email since I don't have a printer, so they sent me an email with a link to the manual. I replied, reminding them that I don't have a printer and never heard back from them. I later emailed them that according to relative humidity readings from the local NWS station and other websites, the outside humidity reading is nowhere near correct; never heard a word back from them. This was before Covid-19 shut down customer service at a lot of businesses. Based on customer service alone I wouldn't buy anything they sell.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Weather station - 05/21/20
Originally Posted by slumlord
I had some pos from Lowe’s scientific atlanta or something like that.

Had the anemometer, temp, that data panel inside on the nightstand. All the sensors were on a pole 70 ft from the house

Squirrels chewed my fins on my anemometer. The thermometer crapped out after a year.

Thought...why in fugg am I even doing this, who gives a shît...

If I need to see how much it rained, I just go check my wheel barrow

slumdude,

You are never going to make it as a "real" man, as described in the recent thread on such.

Real men know, inherently, that when a wheelbarrow is empty it is ALWAYS put in a position such that it doesn't catch rain.

Get you azz down t'the Depot and getchu a Homer buckit for catchin' rainwater.

Geno

PS don't be tellin' me you ain't stepped foot in a HD for 40 years either.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Weather station - 05/21/20
I have a LaCrosse, model C84428 deal with wind, rainfall etc on it. Couple of years old now and so far no real issues. Have had to clean spider webs out of the rain gauge as we can go a month or more without any measurable amount.

Don't know if it has the range you want. My rain gauge is only about 60' from the monitor unit, the anemometer is maybe 80 feet. Like someone else mentioned, mine records temp, wind, and rainfall by "now, last hour, 24 hrs, week, month, and yearly"

I could have it bluetooth info to my computer or phone if I was technologically advanced and needed that.

Good luck finding what you need.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Weather station - 05/21/20
Analog weather station

Or Anarock

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
© 24hourcampfire