Home
Posted By: ar15a292f Vegas gun owner shoots well - 05/21/20
https://www.foxnews.com/us/las-vegas-gun-owner-recalls-deadly-shootout-i-got-all-of-my-hits

I don't know if you guys have seen this story or if it has been posted already but a CCW guy in Vegas did really well.
10 out of 10 in a gunfight at 15 yards is very rare, especially with 6 rounds coming your way
Posted By: rte Re: Vegas gun owner shhots well - 05/21/20
It's been posted but it never gets tiring reading about a good guy taking out the BG's.
OUTstanding!!!
Posted By: djs Re: Vegas gun owner shhots well - 05/21/20
Originally Posted by exbiologist
10 out of 10 in a gunfight at 15 yards is very rare, especially with 6 rounds coming your way

Yes, it is. This guy was skilled and thinking clearly, but (I suspect) luck and good fortune played a part in getting all 10 shots on target (9 in the chest!).

I agree that unless you really have no option, avoiding a confrontation and not pulling you handgun is the best option. This guy had not option and did well! Training pays off.
Not to criticize the OP, but, you want to see a story on a good shootout, and you have to start with a 30 second story on THE CORONA CRISIS!!!!

Good God am I sick of hearing about it. I can't even watch the evening news any more it is nothing but Corona updates.

BE SCARED WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!

ps Great story on the shootout that guy is a hell of a shot.
Wonder what weapon was used by the good guy?
there is a lot of "only in Vegas" in that story

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime...-was-clear-case-of-self-defense-2020768/
If only there was video footage
It took 10 rounds to put him down. He needs to use something larger than a pellet gun.
I'm betting the Good Guy was using a 9mm, possibly hardball. Had the Good Guy been using a handgun shooting a useful round, 45 comes to mind,he could have finished the altercation with three shots.
My first thoughts were that he needed a bigger gun or better ammo.
Posted By: SBTCO Re: Vegas gun owner shhots well - 05/21/20
Originally Posted by arkypete
I'm betting the Good Guy was using a 9mm, possibly hardball. Had the Good Guy been using a handgun shooting a useful round, 45 comes to mind,he could have finished the altercation with three shots.

Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
My first thoughts were that he needed a bigger gun or better ammo.

Or just maybe he kept shooting until the bad guy hit the ground, regardless of whether said BG was already dead on his feet.
There is no required minimum(Maximum!) quota on justified hits to bad guys.
Posted By: efw Re: Vegas gun owner shhots well - 05/21/20

Ballz of steel and a ton of training; went on autopilot great reminder of the gravity of concealed carry.
Good shooting under pressure. Awesome 10 out of 10.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Vegas gun owner shhots well - 05/21/20
Wondering why is hottie USPSA shooter girlfriend Tori Nonaka, wasn't laying down fire as well. An odd, yet scattered info, turn of events.
Why not charge the surviving brother with murder?
Ar15a292f: I love it - back in the day, we in law enforcement called this "street justice" - wish I had been there to witness the incident.
Thanks for the link.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Nine to the chest and one to the CNS....... I wonder if the coroner measured group size?
If you see video of this guy shoot, he’s pretty good with a handgun. The bad guys picked the wrong victim.
Posted By: Blu_Cs Re: Vegas gun owner shhots well - 05/21/20
Originally Posted by ConradCA

Because no-one was murdered.
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs

Generally if someone is killed in the commission of a felony a murder charge is applied to the accomplices.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Vegas gun owner shhots well - 05/21/20
Dude made some serious hits but he’s no stranger to guns. His gf TorI nonaka shoots for team glock. Those a-holes picked the wrong “victims”
Originally Posted by ar15a292f

Generally if someone is killed in the commission of a felony a murder charge is applied to the accomplices.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Originally Posted by arkypete

Or he had 0.20 second splits, and put those 10 shots on target in 2 seconds.

The gunman died after being hit with 10 shots in a shootout that Baldwin estimated lasted about four seconds.

He estimated that it took him about a second to draw his gun and land the first shot.

4 seconds, minus 2 seconds, divided by 10....That's 20 splits.

Baldwin said he trains more than the average concealed-carry holder, often training with tier one military operators and professional sports shooters like his girlfriend, Tori Nonaka, 25

Posted By: gunzo Re: Vegas gun owner shhots well - 05/21/20
OK, I don't live, or have never lived in a city that never sleeps.

But, the time of day or night, the motive of the offense, & the status/skill of the defense, has this event starting to stink.

Burgers at 1:30 AM, the pissed off aggressors from a gunstore altercation earlier that day just happened to be there, & ready for an attack.

Sounds like a good one for the Lifetime channel movies where the writers are overpaid.
Everybody knows that split times don't matter.

And the 45 is way more incapacitating than the 9mm.

LOL
Oh, wait...

I forgot one.

Shooting in competition and training with a timer is a non-factor.
Originally Posted by gunzo
Wondering why is hottie USPSA shooter girlfriend Tori Nonaka, wasn't laying down fire as well. An odd, yet scattered info, turn of events.

Tori:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
She ain’t bad looking but needs bigger boobs.

Just one man’s opinion.

P
Anybody got a pic of joseph smith ?

https://heritagemortuary.org/book-of-memories/4203482/Smith-Joseph/index.php
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Vegas gun owner shhots well - 05/22/20
Originally Posted by ol_mike

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by NVhntr

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

smile

Thanks

The only thing written on the memories is God bless the nra lmao
Well done !!! and some very good shooting to say the least.
Originally Posted by Irving_D

The only thing written on the memories is God bless the nra lmao

Yep smile that's why posted it , there's pictures of the dead dumbass somewhere..
Posted By: hanco Re: Vegas gun owner shhots well - 05/22/20
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by ar15a292f

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

🤣
Posted By: DaveR Re: Vegas gun owner shhots well - 05/22/20
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
She ain’t bad looking but needs bigger boobs.

Just one man’s opinion.

P

Ohhh...I don't know. I believe them to be sufficient.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Posted By: LouisB Re: Vegas gun owner shhots well - 05/22/20
Surprised she was not in it, but may have realized it could affect shooting for sponsors an the shooter seemed to have remedied the situation quite well on his own.

Nother one that will not commit any illegal actions in the future!
I like that!
Tori was instrumental in getting her former firearms instructor jailed over trumped up statutory rape charges when she was 14-15. He beat 95% of the charges but was convicted of providing a sex toy to a minor. Tori is no choir girl herself, as there were multiple persons’ DNA on the toy, including another prominent female pistol shooter.
Originally Posted by BulletBud
Tori was instrumental in getting her former firearms instructor jailed over trumped up statutory rape charges when she was 14-15. He beat 95% of the charges but was convicted of providing a sex toy to a minor. Tori is no choir girl herself, as there were multiple persons’ DNA on the toy, including another prominent female pistol shooter.

Sounds like a fun girl.
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

I bet it was a Glock.
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

Sounds like a fun girl.

Those shooting hotties seem to be as much trouble as a stripper.

I believe Taran Butler had to deal with one earlier this year.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I bet it was a Glock.

I was thinking the same thing, my 43X holds 10 rounds and he shot till he was empty.

But, the time of day or night, the motive of the offense, & the status/skill of the defense, has this event starting to stink.

Burgers at 1:30 AM, the pissed off aggressors from a gunstore altercation earlier that day just happened to be there, & ready for an attack.

Sounds like a good one for the Lifetime channel movies where the writers are overpaid.

I'm sorta with you on that. Ten shots...sounds like round rage. Makes it seem like it was kind of personal.
Posted By: las Re: Vegas gun owner shhots well - 05/22/20

9mm Corona M19

I'm sorta with you on that. Ten shots...sounds like round rage. Makes it seem like it was kind of personal.

Nope. According to other new reports the dead guy was just looking for someone to mess with, and randomly picked the wrong guy.
Round rage?

LOL

At 2 a.m. the gun shop has been closed for how long? Doesn't pass the sniff test to sound random to me.

My kinda woman.....

As far as Lifetime Channel movie writers being overpaid, have any of you seen Sharknado??
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
It took 10 rounds to put him down. He needs to use something larger than a pellet gun.

Pure genius statement there crazy

Yep, I always recommend to just shoot a guy who is pulling a gun on me only once or twice, then pull up a chair, have a smoke, wait for the BG's adrenaline to wear off and blood to drain, and nature to eventually take it's course. That's a bold strategy Cotton. Let's see if that pays off for you.

Because humans can't, and have not been known to do incredible damage to others while pumped full of lead, literally after taking unsurvivable hits.

FFS.

"Dead on your feet" is not just a saying about being tired..

Lets use something called LOGIC.

Note the bullet placement.

He was upright when he got nailed.

He was a threat. The shooter hammered him. There was probably very little visible reaction until the BG fell down, which is typical.

It is not Hollywood.

As far as Tori Nonaka not carrying, if it is 1-2am in Vegas, it may be reasonable to consider that she had consumed alcohol. Since she is a shooter by profession, and her career depends on being able to possess and use firearms, then she may have chosen to not carry.

Besides, it should be obvious by now that BJ is quite competent with his Glocks to say the least.

He shot for a whopping 2 seconds.

Round rage? Hardly.

A 2 second A Class/Master Class run is more like it.

A dude in his 40s and banging a 14 year old girl is your idea of "trumped up"..

Duly noted.

Tori is an attractive and grown woman now.

She was a 14 year old girl at the time of that mess.

Guess what would happen if I caught a grown man with a 14 year old daughter of mine..
Originally Posted by deflave
Round rage?

LOL

Don't think so,after the first shot the rest are free, " I shot in self defense of my life" how come you shot him 10 times? "To neutralize the threat" not mag dump just like the cops or it only holds 10.. Hard for us on the sidelines to say we weren't there but he was and he survived it. MB
So the consensus among the experienced hands here is that, in the span of 4 seconds (after a one second draw of the weapon), Baldwin and Smith together fired a total of 18 rounds. Baldwin's all connected, none of Smith's did despite he being on the offense at the beginning. And Baldwin stated that Smith fired twice at Nonaka (by the way, as an aside, Tori is not a no-knocker to my eyes) and six times at him; how could he tell that? If you guys think that all of that is plausible, far be from me to argue the point. I have zero experience in such matters. But I would think there would at least be some glass out and/or some bullet holes in Baldwin's vehicle, and perhaps there are, but it's not reported. And the earlier issue at the gun store did not involve Baldwin? That's unclear as well. Perhaps some better reporting will clarify some of these things later, but I remain somewhat skeptical of Baldwin's account. Can't say the guy can't shoot lights out, though.

Its absolutely stunning.

Night time, not expecting, 10 hits under duress?

Freaking monumental performance.
© 24hourcampfire