Home
This is the second incident in just a fews days, earlier a goofy woman got in the park when it was still closed and backed off into a hot pool trying to take a selfie.

A bison knocked a woman to the ground on Wednesday afternoon after she approached the animal too closely near Old Faithful in Yellowstone National Park, park officials said.

The park did not specify in a Wednesday news release the extent of the injuries, but said that the woman declined transport to a medical facility.

The injury is the first such incident of the year, and comes two days after the park's re-opening, which was belated due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Park officials say that people should stay at least 25 yards away from large animals, including bison. They advise people who come upon animals to turn around and go the other way in order to avoid getting too close.

Wednesday's incident remained under investigation, according to the national park.

Last year, a bison in Yellowstone tossed a 9-year-old girl into the air, injuring her. The animals injured at least two people in 2018, one in 2017 and five in 2015, according to the Associated Press.
Originally Posted by jnyork
This is the second incident in just a fews days, earlier a goofy woman got in the park when it was still closed and backed off into a hot pool trying to take a selfie.

A bison knocked a woman to the ground on Wednesday afternoon after she approached the animal too closely near Old Faithful in Yellowstone National Park, park officials said.

The park did not specify in a Wednesday news release the extent of the injuries, but said that the woman declined transport to a medical facility.

The injury is the first such incident of the year, and comes two days after the park's re-opening, which was belated due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Park officials say that people should stay at least 25 yards away from large animals, including bison. They advise people who come upon animals to turn around and go the other way in order to avoid getting too close.

Wednesday's incident remained under investigation, according to the national park.

Last year, a bison in Yellowstone tossed a 9-year-old girl into the air, injuring her. The animals injured at least two people in 2018, one in 2017 and five in 2015, according to the Associated Press.

They should investigate the woman for her cognitive abilities.
Stupid should hurt.
The ones that fall into the liquid hot magma are favorite stories.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...4-94a7-11ea-87a3-22d324235636_story.html
Tourist Stew.
Last year...

Looks like that little girl stuck the landing. Nice parenting, folks.

Read "Death in Yellowstone" for more dumbassery.
Demonstrated clearly that there are two classes of people in this country; those who need big brother to keep an eye on and provide for them, and those who don’t.

That lady deserves a governess like Whitmer, as do so many in this country.

Of course if stupid hurt more (you think she found a take-away from her non-Disneyesque experience?) we wouldn’t need any despots at all. Darwinian law is a real tyrant...
I read that story several days ago, the woman was in Yellowstone illegally since it was closed, was trying to take a selfie at Old Faithful and fell in to the thermal pool.
Then, she drove 50 miles before she got caught by Park Rangers, and then airlifted to the burn unit.

I bet she doesn't do that again. If she survives. To figure the chance of survival, you take the percent of the body with 2nd and 3rd degree burns. Let say that is 50 percent. Then you add to that the person's age. Let's say this stupid gal is 30. Her score is 80. She has an 80 percent chance of dying.
But, not right away, no that would be too easy. Might take 3 or 4 days, or even weeks of agonizing suffering before she dies.

I worked many bad burns as a paramedic and it is a horrible way to die. I don't know how she managed to drive the 50 miles to Mammoth Hot Springs. I drove that same road a year ago, twisty twisty curvy road.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Last year...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Play stupid games....
Water can't get any hotter than it's boiling point but some of the water in those pools has been under pressure and has a vastly elevated boiling point. I've read that it can be as hot as 400F. It's like a massive pressure cooker.
Have you been injured in Yellowstone Park ?......... You couldn't possibly be THAT stupid. It MUST be the government's fault...... Just dial 1-800-PARASITE and our law office will show you how we can help.
I’ll be there in a few weeks. Wish me luck... grin
Originally Posted by slumlord
Last year...

LMFAO!!!!
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Water can't get any hotter than it's boiling point but some of the water in those pools has been under pressure and has a vastly elevated boiling point. I've read that it can be as hot as 400F. It's like a massive pressure cooker.

Water can easily be gotten hotter than "its" boiling point. To prove it, put a glass of distilled water in a microwave and heat it far longer than required to boil. The first bit of agitation will virtually empty the glass. Easily superheated.

Also the electrolytes in the thermal springs elevate the boiling point of plain water.

The instant the pressure comes off the water it comes shooting out from the force of steam bubbles below. Because of the latent heat of boiling (phase change) the energy taken from the water when the steam formed is available at the temperature at the depth the steam formed (roughly) minus the pressure lost due to ordinary P=V/T laws... yeah, it can be hot.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Last year...

Fuggin hilarious, Slum !
November 2016

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/ar...spring-hot-box-yellowstone-national-park

Authorities have revealed the 23-year-old man strayed off the designated path at Yellowstone National Park to search for a pool to bathe in.

Colin reached down to check the water temperature of one of the pools but he slipped and fell in.

The pool was about six feet long, four feet wide and 10 feet deep.

A report has revealed rangers found Colin’s body floating in the pool that same day but they were unable to retrieve it due to a lightning storm.

Deputy Chief Ranger Lorant Veress told KULR-TV there was nothing left of the body when they returned to retrieve it.

He said: “In very short order, there was a significant amount of dissolving.”

Darwin Award Winners !
Re: Stonecutter's post.

He looks like a sensitive guy, I'll bet that he was very tender after simmering in near-boiling water for that long. eek smirk

John
The park was only open 2 days.
Give the idiots time to find the griz.

prob from TN or KY........
The dumb-assery of the general public never ceases to amaze me.
I've actually heard people in the park wonder where they keep the animals at night. It shouldn't be a surprise when they do stupid [bleep] like this.
Originally Posted by boatammo
Stupid should hurt.

Sure should & it usually does.
She won't be the last this year,
To bad they don't still display the guys clawed across the back and legs by bears that were on display when I was a kid.
They must be too graphic for folks today
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I read that story several days ago, the woman was in Yellowstone illegally since it was closed, was trying to take a selfie at Old Faithful and fell in to the thermal pool.
Then, she drove 50 miles before she got caught by Park Rangers, and then airlifted to the burn unit.

I bet she doesn't do that again. If she survives. To figure the chance of survival, you take the percent of the body with 2nd and 3rd degree burns. Let say that is 50 percent. Then you add to that the person's age. Let's say this stupid gal is 30. Her score is 80. She has an 80 percent chance of dying.
But, not right away, no that would be too easy. Might take 3 or 4 days, or even weeks of agonizing suffering before she dies.

I worked many bad burns as a paramedic and it is a horrible way to die. I don't know how she managed to drive the 50 miles to Mammoth Hot Springs. I drove that same road a year ago, twisty twisty curvy road.

I think, if I remember correctly it is kidney failure and or sepsis that kills burn injuries.
The stupidity we saw at The Grand Canyon in a half day shouldn't have surprised me but it did.
Originally Posted by smarquez
The stupidity we saw at The Grand Canyon in a half day shouldn't have surprised me but it did.
Bright Angel trail

couple of light tanned ethnic ladies out there with a litter of 4-7 year old

Swinging around, running, playing tag, slapping each other, another one climbing on the handrail....mmmkay whatever

Originally Posted by Dryfly24

Look for the tour bus full of Asians to stop near buffalo and have your cellphone ready for the ensuing fun.
On ouir second trip to Jellystone, got to see a bison push a car off the road. Huge dude just ambeled up to the car, lowered his head, and gently pushed it out of the way! I swear, I couild see that bisons lips and he said "F-ing toursits"!
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Look for the tour bus full of Asians to stop near buffalo and have your cellphone ready for the ensuing fun.

Yes if you don't speak Chinese or Pashtun you will be quite isolated.
A year ago, we stayed at the Gray Wolf motel in West Yellowstone. The served a pretty good buffet breakfast. There would be a hundred guests there in the restaurant at 8am and about 4 of us were Whities. Everybody else from China or India.

I went to the park twice in the seventies and it was all Whities from America, Canada, or England.

"Where have all the Whities gone
Long time passing
Where have all the Whities gone
Long time ago..."

ps Negros don't care much about Yellowstone we were in the park for 3 days and didn't see a single Negro.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Yes if you don't speak Chinese or Pashtun you will be quite isolated.
A year ago, we stayed at the Gray Wolf motel in West Yellowstone. The served a pretty good buffet breakfast. There would be a hundred guests there in the restaurant at 8am and about 4 of us were Whities. Everybody else from China or India.

I went to the park twice in the seventies and it was all Whities from America, Canada, or England.

"Where have all the Whities gone
Long time passing
Where have all the Whities gone
Long time ago..."

ps Negros don't care much about Yellowstone we were in the park for 3 days and didn't see a single Negro.

They don’t be doin no Cooba divin either. Charks in de Ochin.

Crazy ass white people
Last year...

The parents should be charged with child endangerment.
© 24hourcampfire