Home
Crazy horse ladies buying these for their little darlings... crazy

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

https://www.yeti.com/en_US/hard-coolers/yeti-tank-ice-buckets

What's in your pasture? laugh
These the same gals that have special purses for their tinydogs.
Buy once, cry once

I heard that somewhere....maybe on here laugh
They're probably worse than hunters - turkey butt out tool cough suppressor etc. .

I bet they'll sell especially if you get a window sticker with the purchase YETI LIFE .
Sheesh for that much money I can buy 125 25# bags of ice from Costco. Don't think Ive bought that much in the last 25 years.
In high school I shoveled chit in a horse barn with room for 94 horses. For the most part all thoroughbreds, eastern dressage type riding, braided manes, silly saddles the works. Lots of moneyed owners.

Almost all wealthy women and their daughters, a few Homosexual men. For reasons not to difficult to conjecture, these women were in love with their horses. We had one slash her wrists when her horse died.

Ice water in summer weren’t uncommon, one lady would bring whole buckets of iced tea.
Our ole Ranch horses would have probably died of a heart attack if we had ever given them iced water after working cows all day in a hot summers day.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
In high school I shoveled chit in a horse barn with room for 94 horses. For the most part all thoroughbreds, eastern dressage type riding, braided manes, silly saddles the works. Lots of moneyed owners.

Almost all wealthy women and their daughters, a few Homosexual men. For reasons not to difficult to conjecture, these women were in love with their horses. We had one slash her wrists when her horse died.

Ice water in summer weren’t uncommon, one lady would bring whole buckets of iced tea.

I hope she was successful.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Our ole Ranch horses would have probably died of a heart attack if we had ever given them iced water after working cows all day in a hot summers day.

No doubt!
my yard cats like the bucket under the ice machine drain in the summer.winter thy like the fountain
Ohhh, I thought you meant these guys, well fed on second-cut Montana alfalfa.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I

My second ex-wife was a horsewoman and yes, she was nucking futz. She told me she had her first orgasm riding a horse bareback. Make of that what you will.

We were transiting through Frankfurt once and she stopped at the Hermes duty-free shop. She saw a set of horse brushes there that were on sale for $1200. The price even shocked her. When she asked about it the salesgirl said, in a haughty French accent “Well, they are Hermes.”

It was actually a great job, outside all year round and I got to be an ace with the front end loader on the tractor, scooping up horse apples and peed-on sawdust. In fact I was double clutching an old Ford dump truck out to the manure pile back in the woods when I heard on it’s radio that President Nixon was resigning.

Lots of tedious grooming and hoof-picking of course. The pits was getting there at 5am to braid manes for some event. A lot of Thoroughbreds have a personality about like white leghorn chickens, anything at all could send em into hysterics, whereas Quarterhorses, Morgan’s, Arabians etc were generally more placid.

They would transport the horses to events in a big motorhome- looking vehicle. Horses backed into stalls all facing the middle ( I’m recalling six horses but it’s been years). The worst job was riding in the back with the horses, standing in the middle by their heads to keep ‘em calm. I hate getting sneezed on by horses.

Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Is that the horses that get all of their alfalfa hay from one valley in Montana ? I can actually understand why the dune coon does it. Changing a horses feed can make them colic. My broker is a horse nut and she freaks out whenever her usual hay supplier is out. I’ve also seen her drive five hours to buy her regular brand and type of feed to avoid even a minor change in food. I’ve also seen three of her horses colic within three days of changing their feed.
Easy way to make a small fortune in the horse business...

Start with a large fortune.
Sheeit.

What is it with people and their weird fascination with ice and how long they can keep it solid?

Its not expensive.
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Is that the horses that get all of their alfalfa hay from one valley in Montana ? I can actually understand why the dune coon does it. Changing a horses feed can make them colic. My broker is a horse nut and she freaks out whenever her usual hay supplier is out. I’ve also seen her drive five hours to buy her regular brand and type of feed to avoid even a minor change in food. I’ve also seen three of her horses colic within three days of changing their feed.

I am just putting the pieces of the puzzle together. Hauled some bales. Word in the truck was second cutting only, around Dillon and Townsend. Shipped via Tacoma, un-compacted, large square bales. In their summer, the horses are flown to Kentucky, they have a barn jet or some damned thing, and eat the same but from small square bales. Not 100% sure but I heard it rhymes with Audi Hoyal Damily. Small world.
Guy i know is a farrier on the side.

Told him he’d hit the jackpot If he’d do chrome horse shoes.

Coloreds would love it.

Dubs for their horses.
Years ago I worked for an LTL trucking company. We shipped a lot of alfalfa hay from so. Idaho to the race tracks in NY and surrounding area. This is high desert and the hot dry days give alfalfa a boost in protein. The horse guys loved it and would pay premium prices for it. One of the dealers here told me that a track in NY was out of hay. They pulled a trailer load in and everyone wanted to buy bales right off the truck. They set up an impromptu auction, 1 bale at a time. They sold the entire load in 30 min and made a major killing on it. When you have a high $ race horse, expense is no object.

For you trucking guys: unless things have change since I got out of it, are you aware that when hay is shipped inside an enclosed trailer it becomes hazmat? It has to be placarded as flammable. There are enough haystack fires every year to tell you why. It can get up to 150F inside a trailer even without the heat from the hay.

Truths.

Large stables and horse operations are an extremely rich source of hot puzzy....just saying...😁
Getting paid to ride horses and flirt with pretty girls ain't a bad gig if you can get it....so I hear...🙄

How true! Dumb bastard owners all!!
Ah yes, girls and horses. I grew up on horses and I met a lot of attractive young ladies that way.
Originally Posted by Salmonella

Truths.

Large stables and horse operations are an extremely rich source of hot puzzy....just saying...😁
Getting paid to ride horses and flirt with pretty girls ain't a bad gig if you can get it....so I hear...🙄

First job I got after high school was wrangling dudes in Big Bend Natl Park.

It was an awesome job! Those girls, especially those from back East, or foreign girls were not shy about making their cowboy fantasies come true.

Then they were gone! No muss, no fuss. And the next day, another group of the same booked rides... grin

If those old Hot Springs on the Rio Grande could only talk..
Originally Posted by Gies340
Easy way to make a small fortune in the horse business...

Start with a large fortune.

A local woman did OK in horses.

Name Rita Crundwell ring a bell? Rita Crundwell Wikipedia

Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Truths.

It was an awesome job! Those girls, especially those from back East, or foreign girls were not shy about making their cowboy fantasies come true.

Then they were gone! No muss, no fuss. And the next day, another group of the same booked rides... grin

It boggles my mind sometimes.
Even a crusty old codger like me has a good time playing with those chicks...i can only imagine the action if I was 30 years younger....and single...😜

Truths.

Crap, all I got to do was shovel horse crap.

The stable owner's hot forty-something blonde wife did used to flirt with me pretty hard tho, pretty sure if I'd have been dumb enough to make a move she woulda been all over it....

Now that I'm single I should look her up, she'd only be about 90... shocked
I believe Rio7 here on the fire made a lot of money in the horse world.
I jangeled dudes in Big Bend in the Basin for old Buck Newsom and his son Dan. Lots of fine looking women took the Rim trail ride. Got lucky several times that year. Old Buck was a retired Border Patrol and had lots of pictures of him and his partner headin' and healin' meskins and putin' the stretch on them. Mexico was heaven on earth then, $5.00 women and 25 cent beer.
Originally Posted by catosilvaje
I jangeled dudes in Big Bend in the Basin for old Buck Newsom and his son Dan. Lots of fine looking women took the Rim trail ride. Got lucky several times that year. Old Buck was a retired Border Patrol and had lots of pictures of him and his partner headin' and healin' meskins and putin' the stretch on them. Mexico was heaven on earth then, $5.00 women and 25 cent beer.

Buck was a good sort!

I was there after Lynn Carter took over from Buck. Lynn was salt of the earth too.
Yep knew Lynn, think his wifes name was Kathy. That was in 69 or 70. There was an old man there named Frank that talked me into quitting and going to work on the 6666's. Now there was some rough horses in that remuda.
Originally Posted by catosilvaje
Yep knew Lynn, think his wifes name was Kathy. That was in 69 or 70. There was an old man there named Frank that talked me into quitting and going to work on the 6666's. Now there was some rough horses in that remuda.

Last I checked, Cathy is still alive and well.

After Lynn got kicked out of the basin by the greenies, he bought a ranch towards Marathon from the park. Then he had a heart attack and passed before they could get him to the hospital.

Lynn & Cathy's son, Craig was quite the country & western singer. Besides playing lots of gigs locally, he did REALLY well over in Europe.

Craig came home after Lynn died and helped Cathy with the ranch.

Craig still records some records...

No doubt!

Good way to colic a horse.
Several of my buddies grow a bit of Alfalfa every year & make good money on it if everything goes well. It is inspected & has to be nearly perfect for the big Thoroughbred operations to buy it.
Considering what they will pay for perfect hay & straw, plus the million dollar plus, barns I've seen, I won't be surprised if I see a Yeti bucket.

I helped a friend do a demolition project on a horse farm owned by The Crowned Prince of Abu Dhabi. For days I saw more & more extravagance, but expected it out of this owner. But the hell of it is, there are many, many more just like the place in the area. Seems like one of the main things in this country to dump the really big bucks on. Horses.
© 24hourcampfire