Home
Posted By: Adirondack69 Upstate NY Be Aware - 05/31/20
Bath police notifying residents of protesters from Rochester, coming to Bath this evening. A gentleman that works with the wife, was called by the Bath police and advised of same.
He sent his wife and children out of town to be with relatives.
Also saw on Facebook, Vestal on State of Emergency declaration starting today at 1:30.
Vestal: State of Emergency
Posted By: Adirondack69 Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 05/31/20
Closest any of this nonsense has been to us so far.

Keep your powder dry!
Posted By: sse Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 05/31/20
outstate NY folk got guns
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 05/31/20
I'm upstate. I'm ready.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 05/31/20
Blackheart is upstate I believe.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 05/31/20
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

I wouldn't recommend Antifa or anyone else giving ol Blackheart any schit, I think he'll stack up bodies like cordwood given any excuse whatsoever. God bless him.
Posted By: colvin Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 05/31/20
I live 10 mins from bath,my extra 10mm mags came yesterday, Just saying..
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 05/31/20
Originally Posted by Fireball2

I wouldn't recommend Antifa or anyone else giving ol Blackheart any schit, I think he'll stack up bodies like cordwood given any excuse whatsoever. God bless him.

Was thinking the same, FB.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 05/31/20
Hes gonna go FULL JOHN J. RAMBO

Posted By: mark shubert Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 05/31/20
DANNY L and his brother are also upstate NY
I wouldn't give either of them any ****, if you want to live smile
Posted By: miguel Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 05/31/20
I hope Lisbon doesn’t kick off tonight, but I’ve been getting some looks from the Amish the past couple days. Wouldn’t put it past them to loot the feed mill, and burn Chars Bar over in Morley.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 05/31/20
I think Snowboardguy is up there somewhere, too.
Posted By: FishinHank Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 05/31/20
Hopefully they don't go after the fish hatchery!
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 05/31/20

This.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 05/31/20
To much personal firepower up here for them to do anything stupid
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 05/31/20
I bet the boys in Bath are digging some pits right now......

I hope they stack em like cord wood.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 05/31/20
Give the rioters the Clinton address in Chappaqua, let's see the cops back away from their house.
Posted By: rong Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 05/31/20
I would be surprised to see that kind of stuff go in an area like Bath,seems like they are hitting liberal "safe zones"
There's alot of good ole country boys down that way. I hope they are safe,and prepared down there.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 05/31/20
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
I bet the boys in Bath are digging some pits right now......

That's the message that needs to resound.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 05/31/20

Nothing close to me yet and I doubt there will be. The biggest town in the County where I live is pop. 5K, primarily consevative Republican and less than 2% black. If they did find their way out here though, God help them.
Posted By: sse Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/01/20

right around the Rodney King riots, that exact comment was made to me by an elderly black gentleman, never forgot it
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/01/20
Disappointed to hear about Vestal being targeted. Used to go there once a month or so when I lived in NE PA. Vestal had the closest "large" farm supply store with fencing supplies, corral panels, etc... Always reminded me of just another sleepy little farming community... Stay safe...
Posted By: hanco Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/01/20
Stay safe up there!
Posted By: DHN Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/01/20
They're evidently serious about it, this is from ANTIFA twitter today. Reportedly their account has since been suspended.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Schmidtx2 Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/01/20
I think they should move on up to waterton and ft. Drum. Just my friendly advice to the protesters. Although I'm not sure it would matter.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/01/20
Time to just say no to domestic terrorism. If our government won't protect our society and towns, then it falls to us.
Posted By: Southerntier8 Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/01/20
My bud next door worked his shift at the Bath VA today. He says there was nothing going on in town. Nothing on local news or Facebook. Whatever the threat was, I don't think it materialized.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/01/20
There are appropriate ways of dealing with packs of rabid dogs.
Posted By: Southerntier8 Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/01/20
Originally Posted by FishinHank

LOL! Today I caught a few browns that got their start at the Bath Hatchery. It was a good day!
Posted By: sse Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/01/20
you know the one thing that really has the leftists angry, they are just as pissed about the violence, looting, etc., based on the harm it is doing. But the prospect of having to use force to deal with it is something that makes their heads explode. Could also explain why the lib run PD's are such a disgrace.
Posted By: efw Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/01/20
It’s one thing to wreck businesses in a city during a lockdown. It’s a whole completely and utterly different thing to go after people in their homes.

Those man bun wearing pricks are liable to find out how well we can hit moving targets.
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/01/20
So efw let's say you got some rioter type throwing rocks at your house and windows with some other dickhead handing him a mol cocktail. Which one gets it first? When do you stop shooting? Seems to me after the first one the rest are free?well? Need answers anyone with an Obama icon should have all the answers I've been led to believe. MB
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/01/20
Hell, even Miami was mostly quiet, then again they learned their lessons from 1979 when they attempted to go and burn businesses and property in Cuban areas. Went down to Coral Gables to visit my sister and things were pretty quiet. I even came down I-95 past Liberty City down past Coconut Grove (where my parents house was), no issues.
Posted By: ribka Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/01/20
Originally Posted by Southerntier8
Originally Posted by FishinHank

LOL! Today I caught a few browns that got their start at the Bath Hatchery. It was a good day!

I miss the big browns in orchard creek
Posted By: mart Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/01/20
Originally Posted by miguel
I hope Lisbon doesn’t kick off tonight, but I’ve been getting some looks from the Amish the past couple days. Wouldn’t put it past them to loot the feed mill, and burn Chars Bar over in Morley.

I grew up just outside of DeKalb. Lot of Amish all over that North Country. They never struck me as the looting type but you never know what these uncertain times can drive people to do.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/01/20

Chars bar s now the smokehouse restaurant.
Posted By: miguel Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/01/20
Chars was something else for a while, burned, and was Chars again when it reopened. The Smokehouse used to be Terry’s Tavern, and its in Madrid not Morley. My misspent youth!!
Good to hear from you Mart. I hope Alaska is treating you well.
What part of the North Country are you in Danny?
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/01/20
My Wife asked me what I would do it rioters and/or looters came to our neighborhood.

I told her that I'd shoot any that threatened me with bodily harm, drag them into the street, pour gasoline on them and set them on fire.
Posted By: mart Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/02/20
Chars was something else for a while, burned, and was Chars again when it reopened. The Smokehouse used to be Terry’s Tavern, and its in Madrid not Morley. My misspent youth!!

Alaska is great. I miss the North Country sometimes. Beautiful area. Good people. I was back last year for my Dad’s funeral. Used to duck and goose hunt at Wilson Hill (I think I’m remembering that correctly) and deer hunted in the northern Adirondacks. We thought about retiring back there but after 40 years of living in states with much less restrictive gun laws, I don’t think I could adjust to it. And of course there’s all those Amish mobs. Never know when they’re going to be triggered to start looting and burning.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/02/20

I'm located in the big city of Russell. We still have the same 7 stops signs as when I was a kid. Don't forget our 1 convenience store

You're right on that chars did burn soon after being bought and the name changed to the Longbranch,arson I believe and Terry's is the smokehouse.
Posted By: miguel Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/02/20
Danny, back when it existed, I belonged to the Indian Trail Club, back of Boyd Pond. Great country!
Posted By: wldthg Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/02/20
DannyL. Did you know Darry Thomas in Russell --- Correction Offcer ?
Posted By: mart Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/02/20
Originally Posted by DANNYL

I'm located in the big city of Russell. We still have the same 7 stops signs as when I was a kid. Don't forget our 1 convenience store

You're right on that chars did burn,arson I believe and Terry's is the smokehouse.

I remember Russell well. Used to haul milk to the cheese factory there. The big milk plant quit taking milk in can and Dad didn't want to make the switch to a bulk tank knowing neither of us boys were going to keep dairy farming.

Used to fish for small mouth bass at the falls on the Grasse River between Russell and Hermon.
Danny, back when it existed, I belonged to the Indian Trail Club, back of Boyd Pond. Great country!

I've been through some of that area. I think that all belongs to my cousin Joe White now,it's called Boyd pond timber inc. close to 1400 acres.

Originally Posted by wldthg
DannyL. Did you know Darry Thomas in Russell --- Correction Offcer ?

I knew him for a short time before he passed. His brother Harvey is a good friend who helps us out at the sugarhouse and we do a bunch of shooting together at times.
Originally Posted by mart
Originally Posted by DANNYL

You're right on that chars did burn,arson I believe and Terry's is the smokehouse.

I remember Russell well. Used to haul milk to the cheese factory there. The big milk plant quit taking milk in can and Dad didn't want to make the switch to a bulk tank knowing neither of us boys were going to keep dairy farming.

Used to fish for small mouth bass at the falls on the Grasse River between Russell and Hermon.

We also hauled milk there before switching to a bulk tank. You're right about the best cheese ya could find anywhere. From what I first remember Pete Denesha owned it then sold it to Gordon Moore. It is now all falling down,a friend of mine bought it last year at a tax sale and is going to clear the lot when he can.
Posted By: miguel Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/02/20
Danny, Joe is your cousin? Great guy. I hunted up there a couple times after Joe bought the property and had it logged. I went as a guest of his daughters boyfriend at the time. The deer were thicker than rabbits back then( around 1989-1990 I think)
Posted By: superlight17b Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/02/20
My wife showed me a message on her phone that said the protestors were going to start protesting in Yonkers then start up in Scarsdale and White Plains,real ..white.. areas.Not gonna happen,they d be slapped down so hard their heads would spin.they think that they are going to throw rocks through windows of stores in Scarsdale? Never happen.
Danny, Joe is your cousin? Great guy. I hunted up there a couple times after Joe bought the property and had it logged. I went as a guest of his daughters boyfriend at the time. The deer were thicker than rabbits back then( around 1989-1990 I think)

They still get a few nice bucks up there but the deer population took a big drop when they started the dmp's and nuisance permits. Joe is all retired now and does a quite a bit of traveling but not during hunting season.
Posted By: las Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/02/20
Originally Posted by Adirondack69
Closest any of this nonsense has been to us so far.

Keep your powder dry!

Use prodigiously, as needed.

I'm looking for a 30 rd clip for my Python, with little luck. smile

Thinking it's at least Glock time, as it might be hard to get more than two of the mofos l ined up right, should it come to a place near me.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/02/20

They'll never get past Flackville if Cliff Bice is home.
Posted By: TOPCATHR Re: Upstate NY Be Aware - 06/02/20
The store owners with the guns were spared......I wonder why. Thats why Americans are so protective of our right to bear arms..........If the police cant protect us then its our responsibility.
© 24hourcampfire