Home
Posted By: stxhunter bullet - 06/02/20
Ricocheting off the windshield, how often does that happen? 357 full jacketed bullet.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: bullet - 06/02/20
Rog, I had a full growed buzzard ricochet off my windshield last Friday morning south of Gonzales!

😊
Posted By: hardin284 Re: bullet - 06/02/20
That’s why Clint uses “the most powerful handgun in the world”
Posted By: bbassi Re: bullet - 06/02/20
Were you pitch'n or catch'n Roger?
Posted By: stxhunter Re: bullet - 06/02/20
just wondering one of my buddies shoot the windshield of another former buddy windshield about 6 inches above the hood of the truck when he tried to run him down it ricocheted off. The deal was made, the one renigged after the deal was completed and went to his house about 12 am Fri to try and steal back what he traded him for. he tried to run him over with his truck, also backed into his brand new ford super duty platinum truck he just paid 102000 for.
Posted By: add Re: bullet - 06/02/20
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Ricocheting off the windshield, how often does that happen? 357 full jacketed bullet.

Anything can ricochet at the proper angle.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: bullet - 06/02/20
It’s all about the angle
Posted By: mauserand9mm Re: bullet - 06/02/20
With the right angle it's possible. There's urban legend of a 45 FMJ skidding along a dude's skull without penetrating - thick skull and came at an angle.
aluminum bodied truck.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: bullet - 06/02/20
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
It’s all about the angle

That’s what she said
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
With the right angle it's possible. There's urban legend of a 45 FMJ skidding along a dude's skull without penetrating - thick skull and came at an angle.

shot a javelina with a 30 carbine once and it glanced off the skull.
that's one lucky son of a bitch he's not dead.
Posted By: duck911 Re: bullet - 06/02/20
just wondering one of my buddies shoot the windshield of another former buddy windshield about 6 inches above the hood of the truck when he tried to run him down it ricocheted off. The deal was made, the one renigged after the deal was completed and went to his house about 12 am Fri to try and steal back what he traded him for. he tried to run him over with his truck, also backed into his brand new ford super duty platinum truck he just paid 102000 for.

Lemme make sure I got this:

1 buddy, with a $100k truck, tried to steal some chit he traded for and never got.... And the other buddy tried to run him over, so buddy #1 ALSO tried to kill him.

So, 2 attempted murders over some trade-gone-wrong?

Geezuz.

Find some new friends.

(EDIT: I know the eagle-eyed campfire tolls will take me to talk about "2 attempted murders". I was making a point)
Posted By: jaguartx Re: bullet - 06/02/20
It’s all about the angle OF THE DANGLE WHEN THE MASS OF THE ASS IS CONSTANT

FIXT
Posted By: jaguartx Re: bullet - 06/02/20
Originally Posted by duck911

1 buddy, with a $100k truck, tried to steal some chit he traded for and never got.... And the other buddy tried to run him over, so buddy #1 ALSO tried to kill him.

Geezuz.

Find some new friends.

Good friends are hard to find.

Geezuz.

Find some new friends.
no pay attention the one who did the shooting owned the truck and it was at his home. I'm not going to get into names and details on here.

Geezuz.

Find some new friends.

(EDIT: I know the eagle-eyed campfire tolls will take me to talk about "2 attempted murders". I was making a point)
would you let someone on your property run you over.... this is texas he had every right to kill him.
Posted By: k20350 Re: bullet - 06/02/20
I remember seeing in one of those forensic shows they had a full house .44 magnum bounce off a windshield and kill a bystander. Forensic guys were like it was highly unusual.
Posted By: antlers Re: bullet - 06/02/20
Six-figures for a Ford pickup...!

Damn...!

lol
Posted By: duck911 Re: bullet - 06/02/20

no pay attention the one who did the shooting owned the truck and it was at his home. I'm not going to get into names and details on here.

I'm not judging, just having some fun.

Just.... the thought of 6 figure trucks and shootouts and people dodging flying vehicles. grin
Posted By: 007FJ Re: bullet - 06/02/20
350 4wd Diesel Limited Dually gets over 100 sticker. I'm sure he got a lot off of that in this market so maybe he'll try a 10mm or 41 Mag on the next crazy sheet!

Roger stuff ain't boring down on the Sparkling City By The Bay. Had a guy I knew fairly well die there last weekend but we haven't heard funeral arrangements. G Laves from the Kawa shop if you knew him btw.
he bought that truck for his wife, i was driving it the last two days, every option ford makes and only 1000 trucks made that white gold color.
Originally Posted by 007FJ
350 4wd Diesel Limited Dually gets over 100 sticker. I'm sure he got a lot off of that in this market so maybe he'll try a 10mm or 41 Mag on the next crazy sheet!

Roger stuff ain't boring down on the Sparkling City By The Bay. Had a guy I knew fairly well die there last weekend but we haven't heard funeral arrangements. G Laves from the Kawa shop if you knew him btw.

not familiar with him, haven' been up on local news the last few days, been fishing getting home late
Posted By: hunter4623 Re: bullet - 06/02/20
On a training day, we shot 9mm, 40, .45, 5.56 and .308 from pistols, rifles and sub guns thru a bunch of windshields at varying angles using HP’s and FMJ’s and never had a bullet not penetrate. Had a slight minor deflection after impact but it was minimal. The powdered glass was a nice bonus on target.
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: bullet - 06/02/20
Military grade aluminum body.

I remember the commercials.

Come to think about it a chevy cruz bounced off the side of my 2015 and only did 3800.00 bucks worth of damage.

That high school gal was doing about 50 in a 35 zone.
Posted By: Lucas1 Re: bullet - 06/02/20
He should have shot it in the body instead of the windshield. It probably would have passed clear through.
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: bullet - 06/02/20
If the
ANGLE OF DANGLE
equals the
SAG OF THE BAG
and is the reciprocal of the
FALL OF THE BALLS
then the
HEAT OF THE MEAT
and the
CUBE OF THE TUBE
keep the
MASS OF THE ASS
IN CONSTANT MOTION!

Quote the formula correctly!
Jerry
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: bullet - 06/02/20

Pretty common.

Hard to deflect a high powered rifle round though... wink
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: bullet - 06/02/20
Bullets ricochet off bowling pins at bowling pin shoots all the time, even soft lead bullets.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: bullet - 06/02/20
Posted By: stevelyn Re: bullet - 06/02/20
That's why you shoot until you get the results you're after.
Posted By: montanabadger Re: bullet - 06/02/20

Geezuz.

Find some new friends.

Geezuz.

Find some new friends.

Let me get this straight, buddy 1 went to buddy 2's home to steel stuff owed to him, buddy 1 then got into buddy 2's truck and tried to run over buddy 2. Buddy 2 then shot the windshield of his own truck trying to kill buddy 1.
Posted By: 673 Re: bullet - 06/02/20
No time for a follow up shot?
Posted By: Backroads Re: bullet - 06/02/20
Lol, hanging out with flooring installers always makes for good stories.

Sounds like an average Sunday afternoon with a crew of mid-20's to mid-30's carpet guys.
Posted By: CCCC Re: bullet - 06/02/20
It’s all about the angle
- - and, maybe the mass and velocity?
Posted By: Sycamore Re: bullet - 06/02/20

LTPowell and DocRocket?

Just asking.....
Originally Posted by montanabadger

Geezuz.

Find some new friends.

Geezuz.

Find some new friends.

Let me get this straight, buddy 1 went to buddy 2's home to steel stuff owed to him, buddy 1 then got into buddy 2's truck and tried to run over buddy 2. Buddy 2 then shot the windshield of his own truck trying to kill buddy 1.
buddy 1 went back to steal the 1500 dollar rod back he traded to buddy 2. buddy 1 was in his own truck backed into buddy 2s truck then went forward towards buddy 2.
buddy one decided we wanted the rod back after someone else offered him more money for it but the deal was already done, he had already gotten more on his part for it from buddy two than originally agreed too.
Posted By: lostsixgunner Re: bullet - 06/02/20
I have seen two cars Hit in the windshield with wild turkeys at 55 to 60 mph. Full penetration on both. Ended up in the back seat.. No deflection..
Posted By: rem141r Re: bullet - 06/02/20
i'm more amazed at the 100k truck. holy chit. as for the bullet, Built Ford Tough
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: bullet - 06/02/20
Sounds like Buddy 1 is several sandwiches shy of a picnic crazy

Alla that over what was prob'ly at best a couple of hundred dollar's difference.

I'm gonna blame Bri, gorgeous women make guys do crazy things smile

....and Rog, ya don't gotta answer if I'm prying, but is any of this gonna involve the Cops?
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Alla that over what was prob'ly at best a couple of hundred dollar's difference.

....and Rog, ya don't gotta answer if I'm prying, but is any of this gonna involve the Cops?

cops were called, buddy two didn't want to press charges at first just to have the truck taken care of but then he changed his mind but the cops pretty much to bad you already said you didn't want to. he is going to see what he can do after he talks with his lawyer, he did talk with a judge he's friends with and the judge told him the cops should of arrest number one.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: bullet - 06/02/20
Originally Posted by Backroads

Sounds like an average Sunday afternoon with a crew of mid-20's to mid-30's carpet guys.

Floor Guys reality show....
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: bullet - 06/02/20

cops were called, buddy two didn't want to press charges at first just to have the truck taken care of but then he changed his mind but the cops pretty much to bad you already said you didn't want to. he is going to see what he can do after he talks with his lawyer, he did talk with a judge he's friends with and the judge told him the cops should of arrest number one.

The cops don't have any say so on whether he presses charges or not.

That can be done within the statute of limitations through the District Atty's office.

Other than writing a report, the cops don't have chit to do with it.

The cops also can't arrest someone for something that they didn't witness personally, in many cases.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The cops don't have any say so on whether he presses charges or not.

That can be done within the statute of limitations through the District Atty's office.

Other than writing a report, the cops don't have chit to do with it.

believe that's what he's going to do after talking to his lawyer.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: bullet - 06/02/20
Guess they won't be buddies anymore.

Unless they're like bikers.

Lol.
Posted By: viking Re: bullet - 06/02/20
😂, You have an interesting life.

I'm no lawyer but "Too bad you already said you didn't want to" doesn't sound like it would have much legal standing. I woulda thought the usual reason NOT to involve the Cops is that they DO start getting all legal about everything and arresting folks when you don't want 'em to..

Bad deal all around, Buddy 1 sounds nuts, the kind who would vandalize Buddy 2's property in revenge.
Posted By: rem141r Re: bullet - 06/02/20
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by Backroads

Floor Guys reality show....

Floor Guys, Floor Guys, Watcha gonna do when they come for you.

sorry, couldn't resist. and its a show i'd watch. lots of helpful hints on proper installation of flooring with some ultra violence thrown in.
Posted By: ChuckKY Re: bullet - 06/02/20
Roger , in the words of Buster Scruggs, "If you don't mind me aspersioning your friends, you need a better class of drinking buddies".
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Roger , in the words of Buster Scruggs, "If you don't mind me aspersioning your friends, you need a better class of drinking buddies".

Old friends are like family, maybe it was just like a squabble between brothers that got out of hand is all. Prob'ly Buddy 1 is seriously out of cash. Buddy 2 coulda just given him back the rod instead of being a d$ck about it.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: bullet - 06/02/20
Originally Posted by lostsixgunner
I have seen two cars Hit in the windshield with wild turkeys at 55 to 60 mph. Full penetration on both. Ended up in the back seat.. No deflection..

Next time thaw them!
Posted By: jwp475 Re: bullet - 06/02/20

Happens quite often
Posted By: Chisos Re: bullet - 06/02/20
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Rog, I had a full growed buzzard ricochet off my windshield last Friday morning south of Gonzales!

😊

Wish the one that collided with the front edge of my hood had been a little higher and might have been deflected by the windshield. But, since the hood was already dented from #4 daughter running it under the fifth wheel hitch on her RV, it didn't hurt me so bad. At least it was on the same side as the big dent a doe put in the truck when she ran into it whiled I was stopped.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: bullet - 06/02/20

Dam. You’d think the victim (?) had the right to fully make up his mind while the cops were still there. “You already said you didn’t want to” 😳😏
Posted By: Tyrone Re: bullet - 06/02/20
Old friends are like family, maybe it was just like a squabble between brothers that got out of hand is all. Prob'ly Buddy 1 is seriously out of cash. Buddy 2 coulda just given him back the rod instead of being a d$ck about it.
Or Buddy 1 could have just wrote it off as tuition paid to the school of life instead of being a thieving [bleep].
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Or Buddy 1 could have just wrote it off as tuition paid to the school of life instead of being a thieving [bleep].

not like he didn't get a good deal, 11 trips offshore no charge plus a nice mako shark he caught. that would of cost him 150-200 a trip depending on how far they had to run.

😊

Our buddy Tom has one come clear through the windshield of his then Toyota truck out by Big Bend, then it projectile vomited as it died 🙂
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: bullet - 06/03/20

😊

Our buddy Tom has one come clear through the windshield of his then Toyota truck out by Big Bend, then it projectile vomited as it died 🙂

Not much nastier stuff than buzzard puke.
We were fishing the river one day and a buzzard puked on a buddy. We made him ride in the bed of the truck on the way home. 🤠
© 24hourcampfire