Home
Posted By: Fireball2 Man check this old car out. - 06/03/20
Sweet. In another time I would grab this car.

https://medford.craigslist.org/pts/d/kerby-1937-ford-tudor-project-car/7124947299.html

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Go get it. Someday you will have free time and money. LOL
That'll buff out.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

It's hard not to!
Posted By: horse1 Re: Man check this old car out. - 06/03/20
Move a decimal place to the left and it'd be more interesting. I've got a '37 Chevy 2-door coupe, that Ford sedan would make a nice playmate but not @ that price.
Posted By: DHN Re: Man check this old car out. - 06/03/20
A friend has one he's been restoring for years, given him by his grandfather. At the rate he's going, his son might get it done in his own retirement years.
Originally Posted by horse1
Move a decimal place to the left and it'd be more interesting. I've got a '37 Chevy 2-door coupe, that Ford sedan would make a nice playmate but not @ that price.

LOL. Good luck at $700.
I've got a rust free 37 Pontiac 5 window coupe, bone stock. That Ford is a rusty nightmare IMO. And $7 thousand for that is wishful thinking.
I can remember when 2-door sedans couldn't be given away- - - -everybody wanted coupes. Of course, that was also the time when we would go to a wrecking yard and pay $100.00 to yank all the sheet metal off a 55 Chevy 2 door hardtop to re-skin the dirt track race car. Wrinkle it up and go get another one in a month or so! Dad did the same thing with 34 Ford 3 window coupes in the early 1950's!
Jerry
Originally Posted by Fireball2

LOL. Good luck at $700.

There's nothing there except a $50K build IF you don't go crazy. Anyone who pays $7K for that thing oughta slit his nut-sack and hang it still bleeding into a boar pen so as not to infect the rest of the world. It's not like I haven't had every single nut, bolt, screw, and rivet in my hand or anything............

[Linked Image]
I didn't see the price. Screw that.
It's not like I haven't had every single nut, bolt, screw, and rivet in my hand or anything............

[Linked Image]

Badass car. Yours?
Originally Posted by Morewood
It's not like I haven't had every single nut, bolt, screw, and rivet in my hand or anything............

[Linked Image]

Badass car. Yours?

Yes, dad bought it from the local wrecking yard for $50 in '67 when he graduated high-school. I inherited it when he passed 10yrs ago. Had it painted the 1st time in Feb of '68. Receipt says:

Repaint Car: $60
Straighten and Finishing: $25

What you see there is the result of a ~$20K frame-off restoration that was completed in 1989, we spent 3yrs worth of weekends together on that car while I was in Jr. high. Since '89 there's been another ~$8K dropped into a 406 Small Block and 5-speed Tremec.

Was getting a miss@ ~4K RPM, new plugs and a new coil today. Runs like a scaled-dog again.
Damn that is sweet

We used to play in a 40 Ford coupe in the woods.

Till I got my ass tore up by wasps in it.

Then someone detonated a giant homemade firecracker in it with the windows rolled up.
Same guy has some others as well.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Man check this old car out. - 06/03/20
Rust bucket from the wet side! 7000$ is a joke!
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

It's hard not to!

Will your wife let you? Just take your balls out of the bedside jewelry box!
Posted By: DMc Re: Man check this old car out. - 06/03/20
I'd rather tackle this one...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
I've got a rust free 37 Pontiac 5 window coupe, bone stock. That Ford is a rusty nightmare IMO. And $7 thousand for that is wishful thinking.

welcome to rural Josephine Co Oregon... plenty of old dopers out there in Kerby and Cave Junction, who have been high since the 60s....most are in the recreational pharmaceutical Farming industry...

they think everything if they are selling it.. that its worth 10 times plus of what it really is...

Show ya how small people wise the county is here... its 30 miles from my house, but I can tell ya where that car is sitting...
Originally Posted by DMc

I like the 53 Chevy behind it, and back behind that on the other side of that fence.. that old VW Bus....

I'm a peasant, what can I say...
Originally Posted by DMc

Had a '64 Chevy shortbed stepside 4x4 for a company truck for years. I used to take it out when I was bidding jobs. Old guys loved that truck.
If I could find the right 57 Dodge 4x4 wagon I'd be all over that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsesyFx94F8

Posted By: BamBam Re: Man check this old car out. - 06/03/20
I don’t know how the hell you guys restore them. You take an absolute rustbucket, And make it into a work of art. It completely blows my mind.
Answering a craigslist ad with cash in hand around Kerby? Don't forget your Glock.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Answering a craigslist ad with cash in hand around Kerby? Don't forget your Glock.

Good advice for answering any CL ad.
Posted By: hanco Re: Man check this old car out. - 06/03/20
Northern Dave would fix it up nice. It cost a couple bucks.
Originally Posted by DMc

At least that one is up off the ground far enough that you probably only have to replace the floor-pans. That '37 Ford in the OP is pretty likely to need a whole new slab 'o metal from the firewall to the trunk latch. Along with a bajillion other things. $50K to get it straight, rust free, and rolling straight/true with a mild V-8.
Posted By: AZmark Re: Man check this old car out. - 06/03/20
Here's mine. 10+ years in the garage.

Attached picture 1F100.jpg
Originally Posted by Morewood
That'll buff out.

I'm concerned about the AC.
Originally Posted by AZmark
Here's mine. 10+ years in the garage.

Why keep a classic stuck in a garage for 10+ years? Is it too meticulous to maintain?
Originally Posted by DMc
[quoteAZmark]Here's mine. 10+ years in the garage.

Why keep a classic stuck in a garage for 10+ years? Is it too meticulous to maintain?
[/quote]

DMc....Man I guess you're right! I should'nt have taken that long to do a frame off, blast/powder coat frame, rebuild all mechanical, disc brake upgrades and new brake lines, rebuilt 351W, upgrade to 2 speed transfer case, new wiring, repair rust, vintage air conditioner install, body work, paint, new glass, new uphostery and dash, and the list goes on.......and on....when doing it right.

So what do you think? I shouldve got it done in 6 months?
7K seems a little high.Depends how much somebody wants it !
Posted By: Paul_M Re: Man check this old car out. - 06/03/20
Originally Posted by DMc

DMc....Man I guess you're right! I should'nt have taken that long to do a frame off, blast/powder coat frame, rebuild all mechanical, disc brake upgrades and new brake lines, rebuilt 351W, upgrade to 2 speed transfer case, new wiring, repair rust, vintage air conditioner install, body work, paint, new glass, new uphostery and dash, and the list goes on.......and on....when doing it right.

[/quote]
Lol, I think he thought that you meant that you have kept it in the garage for 10 years after you restored it, not that it took you 10 years to do it.
Looks nice by the way, I like it.
Originally Posted by Paul_M
[quote=DMc][quoteAZmark]Here's mine. 10+ years in the garage.

So what do you think? I shouldve got it done in 6 months.

Lol, I think he thought that you meant that you have kept it in the garage for 10 years after you restored it, not that it took you 10 years to do it.

Exactly. I thought you meant it was gathering dust for 10+ years. Trying to answer the question myself, I thought it might be to much of a burden, running down long discontinued parts to the point that it's not practical to use it as a daily driver.
Posted By: Loggah Re: Man check this old car out. - 06/03/20
Mine is a bit rough around the edges 1930 stewart ! grin
[Linked Image from pbase.com]
nice!
Originally Posted by DMc
[quote=DMc][quoteAZmark]Here's mine. 10+ years in the garage.

Exactly. I thought you meant it was gathering dust for 10+ years. Trying to answer the question myself, I thought it might be to much of a burden, running down long discontinued parts to the point that it's not practical to use it as a daily driver.

Originally Posted by DMc
[quote=DMc]

Actually I knew what you meant but just had to be a sarcastic beech once in a while. And actually it was 9 yrs and it did take me too long. Hard to keep focused with family, Gkids, hunting, fishing, etc.
Originally Posted by DMc

[/quote]
eastern arizona, probably has jungle rot. but i am a nice guy, how about a 5k offer?
Actually I knew what you meant but just had to be a sarcastic beech once in a while. And actually it was 9 yrs and it did take me too long. Hard to keep focused with family, Gkids, hunting, fishing, etc.

So explain how it's utilized now? Is it a daily driver, a classic kept for car shows, or your off-road vehicle?
I drive it at least once a week. Around town, to the store, to the lake. Do take it to car shows and drive it in the July 4th parade. Drive gkids around in it. Don’t take it wheeling or hunting, as much as I like old iron I’ve been spoiled by modern vehicles.
Posted By: DMc Re: Man check this old car out. - 06/04/20
I drive it at least once a week. Around town, to the store, to the lake. Do take it to car shows and drive it in the July 4th parade. Drive gkids around in it. Don’t take it wheeling or hunting, as much as I like old iron I’ve been spoiled by modern vehicles.

Most of the people I know that have done frame-off restorations don't stop with just one vehicle. It's pretty much a passion with them. Have you restored others? What do you think it's worth now and was it worth the 9-10 year investment? A spare truck sitting around takes up a lot of garage space... (Like two ATV's)

Thanks
Posted By: AZmark Re: Man check this old car out. - 06/04/20
Originally Posted by DMc

Most of the people I know that have done frame-off restorations don't stop with just one vehicle. It's pretty much a passion with them. Have you restored others? What do you think it's worth now and was it worth the 9-10 year investment? A spare truck sitting around takes up a lot of garage space... (Like two ATV's)

Thanks

I've done a 47 Willys but also added alot of upgrades. V6, T18 4 speed, tera low xfer case, home made lift, this one I've done some serious 4 wheeling in ...the 53 F100 in the pic was a planned project but got tired and sold it instead.

Attached picture b47Willys53F100.jpg
Originally Posted by kenster99
7K seems a little high.Depends how much somebody wants it !

a 40 Willys pick-em-up that ain't a drag car? Sweet!
Posted By: TheKid Re: Man check this old car out. - 06/04/20
AZMark, your little F100 is sweet. There’s one just like it but in “used everyday since 1969” condition that sits at a little shop in Chama NM, I scheme on it and think about trying to talk the guy out of it every year when I go through on my way to elk camp.
Posted By: DMc Re: Man check this old car out. - 06/06/20
Driving around town I found another that would be a cool restoration..

Who remembers the old Falcons / Rancheros?
Posted By: horse1 Re: Man check this old car out. - 06/06/20
Originally Posted by DMc
Driving around town I found another that would be a cool restoration..

Who remembers the old Falcons / Rancheros?

There was a BIIIIIIGGGGGG guy who lived in my town, worked @ one of the wrecking yards. He had a similar vintage Ranchero with a vice-grips on the steering-wheel shaft because his belly was too big to get behind/under the wheel.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Man check this old car out. - 06/06/20
"Who remembers Falcons"

Boy do I ever! When I was 15, dad had a 57 Chevy for a second car. It was a 4 door but I had it spit shined & waiting on my 16th birthday. About a month before it, dad came home driving a Falcon he'd traded the Chevy for. Without going too far & getting the taste slapped out of my mouth, I raised hell, asked him what he was thinking. He informed me that the Falcon might keep me out of trouble & he knew I'd probably tear up the 57.

Well, he did know what he was doing. That 170 cu.in. 3 on the tree, no radio POS wouldn't even scratch off no matter how high you revved it before dumping the clutch. And, it wouldn't go fast enough to hurt me. I could, drive around for 4 hours straight on a Friday night on a dollars worth of gas.

I got a job & bought my own 57 a year later. Dad traded the Falcon off then, & admitted, in his words, "that Ford was about as near a nothing as any car I've ever owned"
Posted By: DMc Re: Man check this old car out. - 06/06/20
Originally Posted by gunzo
"Who remembers Falcons"

Boy do I ever! When I was 15, dad had a 57 Chevy for a second car. It was a 4 door but I had it spit shined & waiting on my 16th birthday. About a month before it, dad came home driving a Falcon he'd traded the Chevy for. Without going too far & getting the taste slapped out of my mouth, I raised hell, asked him what he was thinking. He informed me that the Falcon might keep me out of trouble & he knew I'd probably tear up the 57.

Well, he did know what he was doing. That 170 cu.in. 3 on the tree, no radio POS wouldn't even scratch off no matter how high you revved it before dumping the clutch. And, it wouldn't go fast enough to hurt me. I could, drive around for 4 hours straight on a Friday night on a dollars worth of gas.

I got a job & bought my own 57 a year later. Dad traded the Falcon off then, & admitted, in his words, "that Ford was about as near a nothing as any car I've ever owned"

That's a pretty bad memory to have. Nosing around locally online, the convertible isn't hard to look at.

© 24hourcampfire