Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DMc
I'd rather tackle this one...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Had a '64 Chevy shortbed stepside 4x4 for a company truck for years. I used to take it out when I was bidding jobs. Old guys loved that truck.

LOL
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If I could find the right 57 Dodge 4x4 wagon I'd be all over that.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

LOL
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I don’t know how the hell you guys restore them. You take an absolute rustbucket, And make it into a work of art. It completely blows my mind.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Answering a craigslist ad with cash in hand around Kerby? Don't forget your Glock.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Answering a craigslist ad with cash in hand around Kerby? Don't forget your Glock.

Good advice for answering any CL ad.

Fear the crabcat.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Northern Dave would fix it up nice. It cost a couple bucks.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by DMc
I'd rather tackle this one...

At least that one is up off the ground far enough that you probably only have to replace the floor-pans. That '37 Ford in the OP is pretty likely to need a whole new slab 'o metal from the firewall to the trunk latch. Along with a bajillion other things. $50K to get it straight, rust free, and rolling straight/true with a mild V-8.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here's mine. 10+ years in the garage.

Attached Images
1F100.jpg (21.99 KB, 292 downloads)

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Morewood
That'll buff out.

I'm concerned about the AC.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AZmark
Here's mine. 10+ years in the garage.

Why keep a classic stuck in a garage for 10+ years? Is it too meticulous to maintain?

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DMc
[quoteAZmark]Here's mine. 10+ years in the garage.

Why keep a classic stuck in a garage for 10+ years? Is it too meticulous to maintain?
[/quote]

DMc....Man I guess you're right! I should'nt have taken that long to do a frame off, blast/powder coat frame, rebuild all mechanical, disc brake upgrades and new brake lines, rebuilt 351W, upgrade to 2 speed transfer case, new wiring, repair rust, vintage air conditioner install, body work, paint, new glass, new uphostery and dash, and the list goes on.......and on....when doing it right.

So what do you think? I shouldve got it done in 6 months?

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
7K seems a little high.Depends how much somebody wants it !
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DMc

DMc....Man I guess you're right! I should'nt have taken that long to do a frame off, blast/powder coat frame, rebuild all mechanical, disc brake upgrades and new brake lines, rebuilt 351W, upgrade to 2 speed transfer case, new wiring, repair rust, vintage air conditioner install, body work, paint, new glass, new uphostery and dash, and the list goes on.......and on....when doing it right.

[/quote]
Lol, I think he thought that you meant that you have kept it in the garage for 10 years after you restored it, not that it took you 10 years to do it.
Looks nice by the way, I like it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Paul_M
[quote=DMc][quoteAZmark]Here's mine. 10+ years in the garage.

So what do you think? I shouldve got it done in 6 months.

Lol, I think he thought that you meant that you have kept it in the garage for 10 years after you restored it, not that it took you 10 years to do it.

Exactly. I thought you meant it was gathering dust for 10+ years. Trying to answer the question myself, I thought it might be to much of a burden, running down long discontinued parts to the point that it's not practical to use it as a daily driver.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Mine is a bit rough around the edges 1930 stewart ! grin
[Linked Image from pbase.com]

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
nice!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DMc
[quote=DMc][quoteAZmark]Here's mine. 10+ years in the garage.

Exactly. I thought you meant it was gathering dust for 10+ years. Trying to answer the question myself, I thought it might be to much of a burden, running down long discontinued parts to the point that it's not practical to use it as a daily driver.

Originally Posted by DMc
[quote=DMc]

Actually I knew what you meant but just had to be a sarcastic beech once in a while. And actually it was 9 yrs and it did take me too long. Hard to keep focused with family, Gkids, hunting, fishing, etc.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by DMc

[/quote]
eastern arizona, probably has jungle rot. but i am a nice guy, how about a 5k offer?

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Actually I knew what you meant but just had to be a sarcastic beech once in a while. And actually it was 9 yrs and it did take me too long. Hard to keep focused with family, Gkids, hunting, fishing, etc.

So explain how it's utilized now? Is it a daily driver, a classic kept for car shows, or your off-road vehicle?

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (1badf350, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1234, 66 invisible), 3,118 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,263
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.