Home
Posted By: Old_Toot Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Oldest grandson is a college senior that works part time at an area Academy Sports.

The only guns remaining in that store location are black powder guns. All ammunition is sold with the exception of a few obscure calibers, no shotgun shells remain.

Can anyone explain this phenomenon?
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Kaywoodie and Dan will be along shortly for the blunderbusses.
Posted By: OutlawPatriot Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Good luck with your gun control agenda douche bags.
Posted By: 338Rem Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Its like toilet paper, only not as messy. smile
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Originally Posted by 338Rem
Its like toilet paper, only not as messy. smile

That be fact !
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
#staystrappedorgetclapped
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Good luck with your gun control agenda douche bags.

Unfortunately, the representatives of the people do not always enact or reject legislation as the will of the people may dictate.........................just sayin'.

They know what best for us, as well.

MM
Posted By: DBT Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Another form of insurance.....
Posted By: duck911 Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Poor supply chain specific to that store or Academy in general?

Guns are flying off the racks here, and new stock immediately takes it's place.

While I was eyeballing a Ruger Alaskan .454 Casull yesterday at Ace Hardware, I bet 4 guns were sold. In probably less than 20 min.
Posted By: benchman Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Are you stupid?
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

That sounds suspiciously like jealousy. grin

Big Splat
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Walmart here put guns/ammo away and closed early (well before dark) in case of looting. Dick's kept all their stuff on display, and had ammo, but most of the 12 gauge is gone.
Originally Posted by benchman
Are you stupid?

I’d try to explain it to you, Amigo but I’m fresh out of crayons.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Supposed to be a peaceful riot...I mean demonstration at the county seat tomorrow. Town of about 6000. lol Dunno about local guns. I feel kindly guilty that I just walked down to my garden with only a .40 and the clip that was in it. No scheduled riots in my garden.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Oldest grandson is a college senior that works part time at an area Academy Sports.

The only guns remaining in that store location are black powder guns. All ammunition is sold with the exception of a few obscure calibers, no shotgun shells remain.

I went into Academy killing some time this week. The ammo and firearms were about sold out. Id say they had about 15-25% shelves and racks full of merchandise.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20

When they get down to just the .375 Winchester obscure, send me a PM. 😃
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

I went into Academy killing some time this week. The ammo and firearms were about sold out. Id say they had about 15-25% shelves and racks full of merchandise.

Grandson’s roommate’s Dad is a store Manager for another Academy location and said much the same as you’ve described. They’re scrambling to restock.
Originally Posted by slumlord

I’ll ask, Slum.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20

Sounds to me like we've got all these guns under control, for sure. The libs can now STFU.
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
I wonder if this is regional or if the big stores are where the newbies head first?

A local gun store and range seemed to have a decent inventory of semi-auto handguns and black rifles, among other guns. I was in there today and they sure were busy, range and store.

Paul
Originally Posted by Paul39
I wonder if this is regional or if the big stores are where the newbies head first?

A local gun store and range seemed to have a decent inventory of semi-auto handguns and black rifles, among other guns. I was in there today and they sure were busy, range and store.

Paul

Signs and wonders, Paul.

My hope is that this portends well for the November elections.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Tooter,

In my locale in Oregon the weapon purchasing frenzy started when COVID-19 caused people to horde shop.

Many people, including myself believed this stress buying would eventually lead to looting...I was wrong. It took a cop, a knee, and a convicted felon to die before looting would occur.

National fear by soccer moms finally giving the approval to their husbands to go forth and purchase a firearm to protect their white privileged asses is the concern.

Once this is over...Most of these firearms will be sold...IMO

😬😎
Posted By: OutlawPatriot Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Did they have any of the riot guns left wink
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Did they have any of the riot guns left wink

No shotguns left at that location.
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Tooter,

In my locale in Oregon the weapon purchasing frenzy started when COVID-19 caused people to horde shop.

Many people, including myself believed this stress buying would eventually lead to looting...I was wrong. It took a cop, a knee, and a convicted felon to die before looting would occur.

National fear by soccer moms finally giving the approval to their husbands to go forth and purchase a firearm to protect their white privileged asses is the concern.

😬😎

If they do get sold once this dies down,,,,,,,somebody’s buying them.. ain’t like they just disappeared.
Jmo.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Big Splat

Maybe a little......
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Tooter,

😬😎

You cant find a blue tortoise Ruger LCP?😆
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Buy cheap
Stack deep.

Wish I had bought more back in February at waaay lower prices.
Originally Posted by renegade50
Buy cheap
Stack deep.

Wish I had bought more back in February at waaay lower prices.

It’s been a cycle for sure, Rene.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Several chain stores have gone that way
since I've been old enough to drive my own
self around and legally buy firearms .
Cullum and Boren was the first one around
here. They turned into Oshman's, then gradually
became a athletic and casual clothing store,
then finally padlocked the doors and it's now
a big church.
There was another I don't remember the name
of, then the Sports Authority. Cabelas all but
went away, now the Academy stores in my
area aren't far behind.
When you start seeing hunting, fishing, and
camping stuff go away, and more kids cleats
jockstraps and cheap golf stuff and workout
stuff taking it's place, well it's not far from
the scrap heap.
One thing is that they hire "buyers " that usually
don't know what they're doing. That's why at
the Academy near me you can buy a fly rod
or fly reel, but not any fly line or flies or leader
material. Lots of other examples throughout
the store
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20

Not needed Jim. However I did do some significant repair work on my Model 1808 ctg box Wednesday ! 😉
Posted By: cfran Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Are you stupid?

Exactly, pay attention and quit being dumb. Guns have been flying off shelves since COVID started, did you just wake up?
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20

I can explain it: black powder guns don’t make good home defense weapons in this day and age.

I’d say, at the PSA store the other day, there was, on average , an AR or auto pistol going out the door every couple of minutes.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20

😬😎

I don't know. after the late great Y2K, a friend and
myself were able to buy enough stuff from naive
citizenry for hunting and camping that lasted
several years
This last Obama firearms scare and the accompanying
ammo hoarding and so called .22 LR ammo shortage,
there were many people that personally told me that
they would be throwing their 22 firearms away, but I
have yet to ever see that, and I never got any free
discarded firearms. Kinda like all the people leaving
the country if Donald Trump was elected
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Originally Posted by Paul39

Paul

Supply may be supplemented.

LGS by me has gun show vendors beefing up their stock.

Win win, I guess.

Some of the gun show vendors are such slimes. My bud who runs the shop for the owners Was told he "had an attitude".

2 of the vendors aren't coming back. Lol.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Tooter,

😬😎

You cant find a blue tortoise Ruger LCP?😆

I have a Ruger LCP but the full sized 38 +P.

In big dick black...😬😎
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
I went in Academy Sports sports today and they didn’t have much of anything from socks to fishing poles to bicycles. The gun rack and ammo row were pretty well picked over as well. I asked a stockman about it. He said “man, we’ve been busy!”
Tooter,

😬😎

If they do get sold once this dies down,,,,,,,somebody’s buying them.. ain’t like they just disappeared.
Jmo.

Just going off my limited experience of helping several women over the years purchase their first pistol. A year or two later I would get a call asking if I wanted it, or wanted to buy it, or how do they go about selling it.

A very small group sampling, but others, especially women, probably have or will do this same thing.

😎
Tooter,

😬😎

Jmo.

Just going off my limited experience of helping several women over the years purchase their first pistol. A year or two later I would get a call asking if I wanted it, or wanted to buy it, or how do they go about selling it.

A very small group sampling, but others, especially women, probably have or will do this same thing.

😎

That mentality is easy to see. Threat ebbs, no longer needs the “protection “, all is well, etc.

Some never learn, Beav.
Posted By: DeadHead Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
There’s a little farm supply/gun store a couple miles down the road. Usually has one maybe two cars there but has been packed the last week or so. I didn’t notice any increase during the corona bs and am kind of surprised even now as I always assumed everyone around here would have already been loaded up. Either way more guns is a good thing imo
Posted By: hanco Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
People are afraid! Guns give comfort!
Tooter,

😬😎

Jmo.

😎

That mentality is easy to see. Threat ebbs, no longer needs the “protection “, all is well, etc.

Some never learn, Beav.

I’m wondering how long this event is going to last?

Surely the riots, burn and loot will eventually cease.

But, that lingering desire in some people to continue on with militant type violence, is the one I don’t see ending for a while.

I’m speaking of the cop assassins who walk up on an officer sitting in their patrol car and execute him/her...Or, the pack beatings by blacks who catch a white person in the wrong place, wrong time.

How long before that stops? IDK.

😎

Posted By: 700LH Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Dayum people buying guns, who woulda thought?
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20

if you reload this can solve that issue, starline has the brass.
https://www.starlinebrass.com/375-win
i love 375, if wanted you can run it up to about 2200fps or so.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Old Toot: I traveled 85 miles to a gunshop this morning here in Montana - it was impressive!
I was there about an hour and a quarter and in that time they sold at least 6 (six) guns.
One AR-15 type Rifle, one Hunting type Rifle and four handguns - there was another CZ Rifle and Leupold scope combo that was being put together for a fellow who left the store saying he would be back in the afternoon (I assume to buy it?).
Needless to say the "pickins" were slim and the prices were strong.
Good for the gunshop owner and employees.
Now remember this was remote SW Montana (few anarchists and anti-American types hereabouts so no b.l.m. and antifa led riots and lootings (thank the heavens).
But for mid-morning on a weekday (Friday) I was impressed.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: javman Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm_gator
Walmart here put guns/ammo away and closed early (well before dark) in case of looting. Dick's kept all their stuff on display, and had ammo, but most of the 12 gauge is gone.

Same here. Walked into Wally World and noticed all the guns and ammo were gone so I asked the manager of sporting whom I've gotten to know well and informed me that they put everything in the back storage with all the chaos in the news. But if I need anything I was told just tell us and we'll bring it out to you.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

I just got another shipment of 444 brass from starline. Got to keep the marlin fed. Might try to load some 410.in some too.

Bb
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Originally Posted by cfran
Are you stupid?

Exactly, pay attention and quit being dumb. Guns have been flying off shelves since COVID started, did you just wake up?

There was a long pause after all the COVID panic buyers got what they wanted. This new surge in buying was caused by the riots, i.e., fear of unruly and violent mobs of looters, while the police are ordered to use the kid gloves approach.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
I am thinking their buyers don't have the relationships that some other places do.

As I have seen plenty of inventory elsewhere....
Posted By: viking Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
I don’t remember anyone mentioning it, but I was told that Red’s gun store/range was burglarized. 40 guns stolen. They have have two stores in the Austin area IIRC.
Originally Posted by 700LH
Dayum people buying guns, who woulda thought?

“Duh” number 2.

Get your pointed cone hat and go sit with benchman over in the corner.

Thanks.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Tooter,

😬😎

Beave, Should be some great deals after Trump wins again.

Handguns, semi-auto rifles, shotguns. Love it. Plus cheap ammo.

MAGA.
Posted By: Dixie_Dude Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Same situation here in East Alabama. No guns at Academy except odd calibers and the very expensive ones. No ammo either except odd calibers.
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
I stopped by the local Academy this AM, and they were all but wiped out. I was able to find some CCI .22 Mag I was looking for, though. Rifles were all but gone, and I didn't even think to look at shotguns. There were a few handguns, mostly the pricier stuff left over from being picked over.

I also stopped by an LGS, and they've had a hard time restocking since this mess started. He did have some riot guns on sale for $250, but I didn't feel the need to buy one, as I'm already pretty well set on the shotgun side of things. An 870 Turkey gun isn't very different from an obscure, no-name pumpgun from Turkey or Uzbekistan or someplace.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20

Big Splat

Well, it is a reminder to get out to the shop and check the supply of BP for the .50 cal. Patches, balls, lube and caps too. Just incase we burn through all the modern stuff.

Might have to sharpen up the bolo knife, axes, hatchets, and a few shovels too. Got a couple old maul handles around too. Better get them ready too.
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Old Toot: I traveled 85 miles to a gunshop this morning here in Montana - it was impressive!
I was there about an hour and a quarter and in that time they sold at least 6 (six) guns.
One AR-15 type Rifle, one Hunting type Rifle and four handguns - there was another CZ Rifle and Leupold scope combo that was being put together for a fellow who left the store saying he would be back in the afternoon (I assume to buy it?).
Needless to say the "pickins" were slim and the prices were strong.
Good for the gunshop owner and employees.
Now remember this was remote SW Montana (few anarchists and anti-American types hereabouts so no b.l.m. and antifa led riots and lootings (thank the heavens).
But for mid-morning on a weekday (Friday) I was impressed.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

He’ll, VG, that sounds like a normal day there in the Free State of Montana !

Grins
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Big Splat

Well, it is a reminder to get out to the shop and check the supply of BP for the .50 cal. Patches, balls, lube and caps too. Just incase we burn through all the modern stuff.

Might have to sharpen up the bolo knife, axes, hatchets, and a few shovels too. Got a couple old maul handles around too. Better get them ready too.

I would be quite cozy, if all I had was my Lancaster pattern rifle, hunting pouch, and horn. Got a new belt knife too! And an abundance of good hatchets.

Nous sommes touts des sauvage!
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
My best friend, gunsmith and training partner works at one of the largest gun store/ranges in the area. We talked last night and he said they have turned their self defense type gun and ammo inventory 9 times since the plague started. They are having great difficulty replacing handguns and ammo now and expect it to get much worse. They are running new shooters courses on their range and are sold out well in advance. Lets hope this awakening by the masses is reflected in the next election.

Some people are frightened, many are angry.

mike r
Posted By: Slavek Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20

It's only strange if your food market shelves are well-stocked. If the supply is affected there it's game over.
Posted By: JTrapper73 Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
I buy a brick of 22’s every couple of weeks (payday) and Walmart hasn’t had any for two weeks.
I was in the local gunshop a week ago and his handgun inventory was a little thin but he had ammo, bullets and powder.
I stopped in this afternoon and he had been hit pretty hard. A lot of the pistols were gone and pretty well all of the AR’s of which he had a large inventory.
When I got to the powder it was pretty well gone too, so not knowing what the future holds I bought a pound of 2400 and a pound of Bullseye. I also got the last box of 44 caliber XTP’s also.
I’ve known the owner of the gunshop all of my life and he said people are buying up everything and they can’t get it replaced. Everyone was off of work due to the Corona virus and inventories are depleted.
My wife’s dryer quit so I went to the local appliance store to get her a new one. The owner told me that it was a good thing that it went out now and not a month from now or she would’ve been stuck with the clothes line. They can’t get anything to replace what they sold and he said he wouldn’t be able to get a chest freezer until at least September. He said there are none left in the state. Fortunately, I didn’t need one of those.......yet.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Old Toot: You may be exactly right?
The folks in that high valley (Madison Valley) don't have much to worry about in the way of looting, burning, armed robberies, home invasions,
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

Slumlord aint forgiven me yet.
We both aquired marlin .375,s in excellent condition local here in clarksville .
Mine was 550 , his was 575 IIRC.
I found a source/ person in Brentwood with 2016 winchester factory
Run ammo. 220 gr stuff.
And another person online.
I bought 160 rds at 40 to 45 a box.
He bought 50 off me .
Last summer when he was on his griswald western family vacaay # 23.
Look honey big ben and parliment.
Caddies in the ground
Worlds largest ball of string
LOL!!!

I marketed and sold my .375 and my 110 rds for a nice profit, 200 above what I had into it total.

I shoulda stashed him 2 boxes...
But I didnt ..
Im a greedy capitalist.
But that marlin 375 was also a VG border line EXC gun.
Some people know what quality condition is.
But slumlord also knows I go thru guns if they dont strike me as wanting to keep.

Win case wall brass thickness is 0.010
Starline is 0.005
I mighta screwed up how to write the measurements
Basically starline is half as thick as winchester

One of the reason we was looking for win brass was to reload it eventually.

Never even shot my .375
Dunno if slumlord had shot his

Im wanting a pre safety marlin 444s anyways.
Hits waaaaay harder than a .375 win and ammo is readily had.
Cant find one to my liking yet.
What people wanta call VG or EXC.
(I am willing to pay worth for accurately graded quality/condition.)
People over inflate condition and most are actually Good or Fair condition firearms.
When ya explain grading to em and show em reference info for grading.

They get upset.
Espeically gun show sellers.
Sit on it for 5 more shows dude...
This is the 3rd show I have seen you with it anyways.
You know Im offering you a decent profit versus what ya picked it up for.
You aint gonna get top dollar for a over rated conditon gun from me.
I also tell people I dont pay for emotional value price attatched.
Some get offended on that.
Aint gonna pay top dollar for grampy,s good condition post 64 top eject 94 with stamped carrier in it..
IDGAF about how much you have built up grampy,s gun value.
Dont wanna hear the story either....

Im offering you this to own it and do what I do to em and hunt it.
80 to 90 % of its real value.
Not looking to resell it unless I lose interest in it and it needs ta go down the road.

I got core group never sell guns.
Got outer orbit guns that might make core group status.
Or might be horse traded or wheeled and dealed away.

If I had every gun I ever had since age 10.
And had the mindset of never selling or trading a gun.
My best geusstimate is I would have almost 90 to 95 firearms.

You all have seen guns I post about on here over the years.

I have 8 core group guns right now.
Covering my useage,s
Hunting and defense
Seeking 3 more for 11.

Asking how much for the gun minus the craptastic simmons ect ect ect scope is always a good one too.

Sometimes the gun is worth having and schitt canning the scope for the asking price.
Depends on if it is a have to have it gun.
Sometimes you can get 25 to 75 knocked off without the craptastic scope.

Lol!!!!
Originally Posted by Slavek

It's only strange if your food market shelves are well-stocked. If the supply is affected there it's game over.

Slav,,,ever heard of being facetious?

What you said is true though, except for it being Game On, not over.
Posted By: TomT Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
The "covid panic gun buying" ran from early March through late April, picking most gun shops & chain stores (that sell guns) pretty much clean. Things slowed down (gun sale wise) through out May, as far as the craziness, and shelves (guns and ammo), were able to be resupplied by products in the supply chain (manufacturers to distributors, distributors to dealers). THEN, last week, protests became looting, burning and rioting, and the craziness started all over again. This go around however, there are NOT firearms in the supply lines to replace the ones sold in the second wave, so there will be a lag time before shelves can be filled again.

I'm one of the guys in the following news story:

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/first-a-pandemic-then-civil-unrest-gun-sales-spike-again

Anyone with a brain doesn't try to buy a snowblower during a blizzard, a generator during a hurricane, OR A GUN DURING A PANDEMIC/RIOT.
Posted By: TomT Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
..... i will add that I believe it's beneficial to our second amendment rights, and as a bonus, it will madden LIEberals!
Posted By: 700LH Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Take your pick.

https://www.impactguns.com/guns/
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Centerfire Systems has some interesting looking 12 gauge AKs in stock.

https://www.centerfiresystems.com/product/garaysar-fear-103-semi-auto-12ga-ak-style#product_detail

Originally Posted by TomT
..... i will add that I believe it's beneficial to our second amendment rights, and as a bonus, it will madden LIEberals!

I agree, Tom. This portends well, I hope.
Originally Posted by Bristoe

https://www.centerfiresystems.com/product/garaysar-fear-103-semi-auto-12ga-ak-style#product_detail

Had trouble opening the link.

Rod activated ?
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Originally Posted by TomT
The "covid panic gun buying" ran from early March through late April, picking most gun shops & chain stores (that sell guns) pretty much clean. Things slowed down (gun sale wise) through out May, as far as the craziness, and shelves (guns and ammo), were able to be resupplied by products in the supply chain (manufacturers to distributors, distributors to dealers). THEN, last week, protests became looting, burning and rioting, and the craziness started all over again. This go around however, there are NOT firearms in the supply lines to replace the ones sold in the second wave, so there will be a lag time before shelves can be filled again.

I'm one of the guys in the following news story:

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/first-a-pandemic-then-civil-unrest-gun-sales-spike-again

Anyone with a brain doesn't try to buy a snowblower during a blizzard, a generator during a hurricane, OR A GUN DURING A PANDEMIC/RIOT.

I used to shop at COLISEUM GUN TRADERS all the time. Still looks the same inside.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Guns Gone - 06/06/20
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Had trouble opening the link.

Rod activated ?

I assume it's a piston gun. It's got an adjustable gas system.
Posted By: smarquez Re: Guns Gone - 06/07/20
Most retail outlets work on an inventory replacement that is automated. When you sell x amount of a particular product the system will order replacements in a similar number. When you get a huge rush like TP in the beginning of the covid plandemic or guns or ammo in gun stores then the order system goes out of whack. Remember in 15 when Killary was going to win in a landslide? I was working at Bass Pro. This was also the same time as the Muslim shooting at the county IRC building. There wasn't a gun to be found or ammo anywhere,
Posted By: smarquez Re: Guns Gone - 06/07/20
Most retail outlets work on an inventory replacement that is automated. When you sell x amount of a particular product the system will order replacements in a similar number. When you get a huge rush like TP in the beginning of the covid plandemic or guns or ammo in gun stores then the order system goes out of whack. Demand just overwhelm projections all the way back up the supply and production sources. Remember in 15 when Killary was going to win in a landslide? I was working at Bass Pro. This was also the same time as the Muslim shooting at the county IRC building. There wasn't a gun to be found or ammo anywhere,
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Guns Gone - 06/07/20
I went into a local gun shop today. Lots of ammo wiped out, normally multiple pallets in there. They did have a pallet of federal 50g hp 22mag for $9.99/box so I picked up some more of that. Should penetrate well from the scadnium j frame. Also grabbed their last can of 2400. Can always use that in a 357 or 44 or 410.

Bb
Posted By: viking Re: Guns Gone - 06/07/20
I am glad I picked up the vr80 when did
Posted By: shootem Re: Guns Gone - 06/07/20
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Supposed to be a peaceful riot...I mean demonstration at the county seat tomorrow. Town of about 6000. lol Dunno about local guns. I feel kindly guilty that I just walked down to my garden with only a .40 and the clip that was in it. No scheduled riots in my garden.

Similar. Here in the metropolis of Mooresville we had a police escorted racist parade to City Hall that started at our Best Buy's anchor mall at 2PM. Bout a couple miles from here. Then there was a walking circus of some kind to the Police Station. And then some sort of candle party at a minority "church" at 7. We live just off a 10 mile cul-de-sac leading to a Trump Golf Course and Country Club adjoining a quite wealthy and large lake front community. Entry to our neighborhood is let's say non-gated. Wife and I did normal stuff carrying our normal stuff and just listened out in case some good will vehicles made a mistaken turn. Sat on the deck barbequeing chicken and grilling burgers. No emissaries of the righteous showed up. Dang it.

But our little down town is a nice place. Several malls outlying have all we need. Not a dangerous place so far. Everyone polite to everyone else for the most part. Just hope no scouts saw anything to come back for. Busting things up wouldn't go well. Lots of folks would volunteer for all night gin rummy parties at their favorite stores should rumors arise.

Oh, but they did board up the Walmart Super.
© 24hourcampfire