People are afraid! Guns give comfort!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Tooter,

In my locale in Oregon the weapon purchasing frenzy started when COVID-19 caused people to horde shop.

Many people, including myself believed this stress buying would eventually lead to looting...I was wrong. It took a cop, a knee, and a convicted felon to die before looting would occur.

National fear by soccer moms finally giving the approval to their husbands to go forth and purchase a firearm to protect their white privileged asses is the concern.

Once this is over...Most of these firearms will be sold...IMO

šŸ˜¬šŸ˜Ž

If they do get sold once this dies down,,,,,,,somebodyā€™s buying them.. ainā€™t like they just disappeared.
Jmo.

Just going off my limited experience of helping several women over the years purchase their first pistol. A year or two later I would get a call asking if I wanted it, or wanted to buy it, or how do they go about selling it.

A very small group sampling, but others, especially women, probably have or will do this same thing.

šŸ˜Ž

That mentality is easy to see. Threat ebbs, no longer needs the ā€œprotection ā€œ, all is well, etc.

Some never learn, Beav.

Iā€™m wondering how long this event is going to last?

Surely the riots, burn and loot will eventually cease.

But, that lingering desire in some people to continue on with militant type violence, is the one I donā€™t see ending for a while.

Iā€™m speaking of the cop assassins who walk up on an officer sitting in their patrol car and execute him/her...Or, the pack beatings by blacks who catch a white person in the wrong place, wrong time.

How long before that stops? IDK.

šŸ˜Ž

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
ā€œMolon Labeā€
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dayum people buying guns, who woulda thought?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Oldest grandson is a college senior that works part time at an area Academy Sports.

The only guns remaining in that store location are black powder guns. All ammunition is sold with the exception of a few obscure calibers, no shotgun shells remain.

Can anyone explain this phenomenon?

When they get down to just the .375 Winchester obscure, send me a PM. šŸ˜ƒ

if you reload this can solve that issue, starline has the brass.
https://www.starlinebrass.com/375-win
i love 375, if wanted you can run it up to about 2200fps or so.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 06/05/20.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Old Toot: I traveled 85 miles to a gunshop this morning here in Montana - it was impressive!
I was there about an hour and a quarter and in that time they sold at least 6 (six) guns.
One AR-15 type Rifle, one Hunting type Rifle and four handguns - there was another CZ Rifle and Leupold scope combo that was being put together for a fellow who left the store saying he would be back in the afternoon (I assume to buy it?).
Needless to say the "pickins" were slim and the prices were strong.
Good for the gunshop owner and employees.
Now remember this was remote SW Montana (few anarchists and anti-American types hereabouts so no b.l.m. and antifa led riots and lootings (thank the heavens).
But for mid-morning on a weekday (Friday) I was impressed.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm_gator
Walmart here put guns/ammo away and closed early (well before dark) in case of looting. Dick's kept all their stuff on display, and had ammo, but most of the 12 gauge is gone.

Same here. Walked into Wally World and noticed all the guns and ammo were gone so I asked the manager of sporting whom I've gotten to know well and informed me that they put everything in the back storage with all the chaos in the news. But if I need anything I was told just tell us and we'll bring it out to you.

MAGA! This is the way!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by slumlord
Oldest grandson is a college senior that works part time at an area Academy Sports.

The only guns remaining in that store location are black powder guns. All ammunition is sold with the exception of a few obscure calibers, no shotgun shells remain.

When they get down to just the .375 Winchester obscure, send me a PM. šŸ˜ƒ

if you reload this can solve that issue, starline has the brass.
https://www.starlinebrass.com/375-win
i love 375, if wanted you can run it up to about 2200fps or so.

I just got another shipment of 444 brass from starline. Got to keep the marlin fed. Might try to load some 410.in some too.

Bb

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by cfran
Originally Posted by benchman
Are you stupid?

Exactly, pay attention and quit being dumb. Guns have been flying off shelves since COVID started, did you just wake up?

There was a long pause after all the COVID panic buyers got what they wanted. This new surge in buying was caused by the riots, i.e., fear of unruly and violent mobs of looters, while the police are ordered to use the kid gloves approach.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am thinking their buyers don't have the relationships that some other places do.

As I have seen plenty of inventory elsewhere....

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I donā€™t remember anyone mentioning it, but I was told that Redā€™s gun store/range was burglarized. 40 guns stolen. They have have two stores in the Austin area IIRC.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 700LH
Dayum people buying guns, who woulda thought?

ā€œDuhā€ number 2.

Get your pointed cone hat and go sit with benchman over in the corner.

Thanks.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Tooter,

In my locale in Oregon the weapon purchasing frenzy started when COVID-19 caused people to horde shop.

Many people, including myself believed this stress buying would eventually lead to looting...I was wrong. It took a cop, a knee, and a convicted felon to die before looting would occur.

National fear by soccer moms finally giving the approval to their husbands to go forth and purchase a firearm to protect their white privileged asses is the concern.

Once this is over...Most of these firearms will be sold...IMO

šŸ˜¬šŸ˜Ž

Beave, Should be some great deals after Trump wins again.

Handguns, semi-auto rifles, shotguns. Love it. Plus cheap ammo.

MAGA.

Last edited by local_dirt; 06/06/20.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Same situation here in East Alabama. No guns at Academy except odd calibers and the very expensive ones. No ammo either except odd calibers.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I stopped by the local Academy this AM, and they were all but wiped out. I was able to find some CCI .22 Mag I was looking for, though. Rifles were all but gone, and I didn't even think to look at shotguns. There were a few handguns, mostly the pricier stuff left over from being picked over.

I also stopped by an LGS, and they've had a hard time restocking since this mess started. He did have some riot guns on sale for $250, but I didn't feel the need to buy one, as I'm already pretty well set on the shotgun side of things. An 870 Turkey gun isn't very different from an obscure, no-name pumpgun from Turkey or Uzbekistan or someplace.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Kaywoodie and Dan will be along shortly for the blunderbusses.

That sounds suspiciously like jealousy. grin

Big Splat

Well, it is a reminder to get out to the shop and check the supply of BP for the .50 cal. Patches, balls, lube and caps too. Just incase we burn through all the modern stuff.

Might have to sharpen up the bolo knife, axes, hatchets, and a few shovels too. Got a couple old maul handles around too. Better get them ready too.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Old Toot: I traveled 85 miles to a gunshop this morning here in Montana - it was impressive!
I was there about an hour and a quarter and in that time they sold at least 6 (six) guns.
One AR-15 type Rifle, one Hunting type Rifle and four handguns - there was another CZ Rifle and Leupold scope combo that was being put together for a fellow who left the store saying he would be back in the afternoon (I assume to buy it?).
Needless to say the "pickins" were slim and the prices were strong.
Good for the gunshop owner and employees.
Now remember this was remote SW Montana (few anarchists and anti-American types hereabouts so no b.l.m. and antifa led riots and lootings (thank the heavens).
But for mid-morning on a weekday (Friday) I was impressed.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Heā€™ll, VG, that sounds like a normal day there in the Free State of Montana !

Grins

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Kaywoodie and Dan will be along shortly for the blunderbusses.

That sounds suspiciously like jealousy. grin

Big Splat

Well, it is a reminder to get out to the shop and check the supply of BP for the .50 cal. Patches, balls, lube and caps too. Just incase we burn through all the modern stuff.

Might have to sharpen up the bolo knife, axes, hatchets, and a few shovels too. Got a couple old maul handles around too. Better get them ready too.

I would be quite cozy, if all I had was my Lancaster pattern rifle, hunting pouch, and horn. Got a new belt knife too! And an abundance of good hatchets.

Nous sommes touts des sauvage!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
My best friend, gunsmith and training partner works at one of the largest gun store/ranges in the area. We talked last night and he said they have turned their self defense type gun and ammo inventory 9 times since the plague started. They are having great difficulty replacing handguns and ammo now and expect it to get much worse. They are running new shooters courses on their range and are sold out well in advance. Lets hope this awakening by the masses is reflected in the next election.

Some people are frightened, many are angry.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It's only strange if your food market shelves are well-stocked. If the supply is affected there it's game over.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I buy a brick of 22ā€™s every couple of weeks (payday) and Walmart hasnā€™t had any for two weeks.
I was in the local gunshop a week ago and his handgun inventory was a little thin but he had ammo, bullets and powder.
I stopped in this afternoon and he had been hit pretty hard. A lot of the pistols were gone and pretty well all of the ARā€™s of which he had a large inventory.
When I got to the powder it was pretty well gone too, so not knowing what the future holds I bought a pound of 2400 and a pound of Bullseye. I also got the last box of 44 caliber XTPā€™s also.
Iā€™ve known the owner of the gunshop all of my life and he said people are buying up everything and they canā€™t get it replaced. Everyone was off of work due to the Corona virus and inventories are depleted.
My wifeā€™s dryer quit so I went to the local appliance store to get her a new one. The owner told me that it was a good thing that it went out now and not a month from now or she wouldā€™ve been stuck with the clothes line. They canā€™t get anything to replace what they sold and he said he wouldnā€™t be able to get a chest freezer until at least September. He said there are none left in the state. Fortunately, I didnā€™t need one of those.......yet.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 62 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,460
Posts18,489,808
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.