Home
I'm making an assumption that the police, particularly the rank and file cops, are appalled by how they're being treated in this country and have to be livid. Seems like now would be the perfect time for them to get organized and respond in kind. The most obvious way would be a nation wide strike for.... however long it takes to turn attitudes. You want to defund law enforcement??? Fine, get a taste. No protection for anyone.

So why aren't they organizing? I don't even hear any real talk about it, let alone action. I'm sure many can't afford a week or more without pay but they can't afford this treatment either.
Originally Posted by copperking81
? Fine, get a taste. No protection for anyone.

So why aren't they organizing? I don't even hear any real talk about it, let alone action. I'm sure many can't afford a week or more without pay but they can't afford this treatment either.

Police and LEO do not and are not required to Protect anyone or anything.

They are organized, it’s called a Union.
If their Union says “jump”, they say how high. When the Union tells them what to do and not do, they will do it, not before.
Originally Posted by steve4102

If their Union says “jump”, they say how high. When the Union tells them what to do and not do, they will do it, not before.

Are you in law enforcement?
Nope.
I am beginning to believe the unions are either the core of the problem or more than likely the new scape goat.

I think the politics andtheir desire for a new president has made several local governments implode.
The ruling class pays the police and and selects them.

The police protect the ruling class interests and support ruling class policies

The ruling class wants to see the destruction of regular white people and their society.

That is why we are seeing ever-growing anarcho tyranny. Anarcho tyranny defined as allowing the criminal elements free rein and coming down like a hammer on decent people who try to maintain order. That is why you see the rioters and arsonists and the rapists and murderers run wild and the police do nothing about it. At the same time store owners decent white folks who strive to protect their people businesses neighborhoods are arrested and hammered with every possible law.

There are exceptions, but the rule where the ruling class has sway is anarcho tyranny.
Police are essentially “local political enforcers”. It’s quickly becoming clear they are there to enforce an AGENDA, not necessarily the LAW.
Same old Same...

Police in areas of liberal local govt bow, submit, and obey the local liberal politics, and politicians.

They are not allowed to do anything other than that.

Police in conservative, bread and butter areas don't have issues like that.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Same old Same...

Police in areas of liberal local govt bow, submit, and obey the local liberal politics, and politicians.

They are not allowed to do anything other than that.

Police in conservative, bread and butter areas don't have issues like that.

That be correct.
They're not autoworkers.

It doesn't work that way.
Originally Posted by deflave
They're not autoworkers.

Well, how does it work, then. Seems, as Barry says, it works different ways in different places.
I know police are unionized which makes their inaction even more puzzling to me. You'd think there's a threshold that could be reached and at which point, they'd take action to protect their interests. Maybe not.

If their recent treatment didn't breach any threshold, I don't know what would.
I'm making an assumption that the police, particularly the rank and file cops, are appalled by how they're being treated in this country and have to be livid. Seems like now would be the perfect time for them to get organized and respond in kind. The most obvious way would be a nation wide strike for.... however long it takes to turn attitudes. You want to defund law enforcement??? Fine, get a taste. No protection for anyone.

Edited. Need moar coffee
Are you asking me why police and firemen can’t strike?
Originally Posted by jaguartx
They're not autoworkers.

Well, how does it work, then. Seems, as Barry says, it works different ways in different places.

X2

And if it doesn't work that way, why can't it? Seems like the status quo isn't working so maybe something new needs to be tried.
They're not autoworkers.

Yea, but most of em are union, so why doesn't it work that wat?
I know police are unionized which makes their inaction even more puzzling to me. You'd think there's a threshold that could be reached and at which point, they'd take action to protect their interests. Maybe not.

If they take any action it will be in court against the city and state.
Sense of pride, duty, and honor probably figures in, also.
(Never been in law enforcement)
Originally Posted by mirage243
They're not autoworkers.

Yea, but most of em are union, so why doesn't it work that wat?

Because most union contracts with the poleece and firemans have a caveat that if they are caught letting five year olds burn to death, or grandmas to be raped, out of spite for their superiors, it will be grounds for termination.

(I’m paraphrasing but you get the idea)

To answer your question, you need to realize that their Union is a political entity with a political agenda.

Which political party is in bed with the Unions?
Which political party has lost power and influence, since Donald J Trump was elected?
Which political party has spent the last 4 years using law enforcement to overthrow a duly elected President.
Which Political party can not afford another 4 years of Donald J Trump.
Which political party benefits from civil unrest and distraction under Donald J Trump’s watch.
Which political party are the Unions beholding to?

There is your answer, pure, plain and simple.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Imagine yourself in charge, how would you organize? Put yourself in Minneapolis. There are 800 officers on the Minneapolis police force. What would your priorities be? What would your greatest concern be? How would you "organize?"

I don't know. And I'm really not trying to be a smart azz here but if the reason they don't is that "it's hard to do", that doesn't seem very satisfying.

I don't know. And I'm really not trying to be a smart azz here but if the reason they don't is that "it's hard to do", that doesn't seem very satisfying.

Police union's power comes from legal action.

I'm not sure what type of public message you'd like them to put together. Maybe give an example?
The cops in the liberal cities have been told to stand down by the mayors. If they enforce the law in those cities they will be charged with crimes, their faces will be all over TV, and their lives will be ruined.
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Sense of pride, duty, and honor probably figures in, also.
(Never been in law enforcement)

Pride goeth before a fall, and it went.
Defunding police sounds pretty stupid, but if they arent going to do the job....
The police have been listening to idiots opine about their profession for a long, long, time. They're pretty numb to it.

Kinda like when you handcuff a guy and he says "I can't bweave."
I'd be all for a sick out. Let the folks get a clue and vote some dimocommies out.
To answer your question, first I've been an LEO, so I have that experience.
They are organized, particularly in the big, liberal run cities. New York City has the oldest and most powerful of them all. San Francisco isn't far behind. San Jose, Kalifornia was one of the innovators. My longest, and closest friend was the president of the San Jose Peace Officers Assn. We talked a lot about it.
Right now, you don't hear much. That's because they've learned not to say anything that isn't "politically correct". Not on social media, no place - period.
They've done "work slow downs," and out right strikes. Not a good way. But they do have an effect.
Their best weapon is to let the left make some serious mistakes and they act. Usually through the legal system. And news leaks. A little at a time. For now.
Right now, they have quietly stated the cop(s) in the current incident, who arrested George Floyd, have had their rights violated. Not their employment/labor rights, their constitutional rights....
What's that ? The cop arrest for Floyd's death was arrested on nothing more than the cell phone video. Brutal, shocking, OK. But they were using force to arrest him. What happened before that ? No cause of death had been established at that point. No time of death either. They stated when they arrested him that "normally these investigations take 9 months to a year to complete. Not this time.
All of them are now facing much more serious charges. Based on what ? The finding of a highly discredited retired medical examiner hired by the lawyer for the family.
You are also seeing cops continue in other places to arrested, and charged with crimes based on nothing more than cell phone videos while they are trying to control riots, not, as the press keeps saying "peaceful demonstrators."
So, grab some popcorn, this is going to take a while. E
Originally Posted by steve4102

So all police belong to a union huh?

Perhaps they aren't speaking out because they don't want to be fired or called a racist.
I'd be all for a sick out. Let the folks get a clue and vote some dimocommies out.

That’s grounds for termination.
Today, the U.S. collectively spends $100 billion a year on policing and a further $80 billion on incarceration. Even though crime levels have dropped substantially over the last 30 years in line with the spending uptake, a report released last month argues that this occurred in spite of higher police budgets.
Originally Posted by 700LH
Today, the U.S. collectively spends $100 billion a year on policing and a further $80 billion on incarceration. Even though crime levels have dropped substantially over the last 30 years in line with the spending uptake, a report released last month argues that this occurred in spite of higher police budgets.

AOC would be so proud of you right now.
The mighty pension. Just counting the days till they’re out of there.

She's just channeling her Obama

The ssssuper sssssocial gay blade justice warrior arrives to save the day!!!!!! Im believing this is another paddler sock puppet

That’s grounds for termination.

Sounds like they are pretty well terminated anyway, except from our paying them.

Maybe the plan is for crackers to organize vigilantes to protect their neighborhoods. Then the full force of dimocrap Gestapo could descend on them and take their guns as members of organized crime.

Perhaps the crackers need to migrate into gated communities and let the blecks prey on each other.
The police have been listening to idiots opine about their profession for a long, long, time. They're pretty numb to it.

Why when driving and we see a cop doesn't everyone think "I feel safer now" and not instantly look at the speedometer and hope they're not a few miles over the powers that be and sometimes ridiculous limit

George Gwaltney loves you
Originally Posted by Angus1895
I am beginning to believe the unions are either the core of the problem or more than likely the new scape goat.

I think the politics andtheir desire for a new president has made several local governments implode.

Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
The mighty pension. Just counting the days till they’re out of there.

There was a program on Public Radio this week with a "hit piece" on the police unions. Which seems to me a pretty strong case that the unions are going to be the new scapegoat.

On the surface, there's a logical argument to be made. And I'm probably predisposed to those arguments, as I'm no admirer of unions as they are today.

Nevertheless, I think the problem is not the unions as much as the pensions. Pensions are golden handcuffs. You need to stay in to get vested, and you need to stay in to "make your 20", or whatever the magic pay-day is.

The result is coppers staying in long past their sell-by date. Long past the point the point where they are there only for the pension. Long past the point of jaded, burnt out, cynical, or whatever pejorative applies.

Not unique to coppers, same-same for teachers or other folks on the hook by a pension. It's got to be emotionally destructive to have your choices taken from you.

I suspect that if the retirement system were to change to a defined contribution (and, yes, a generous one), like a 403B, the number of public servants that feel they "can't leave" because of their golden retirement handcuffs will drop. They could simply take their (retirement) ball and quietly get out when it's not fun anymore.

Forty years ago a life long career was the norm. Today, people generally have two, three or more careers before hanging it up. Doing the same thing for a long time is not necessarily a good thing.

Why when driving and we see a cop doesn't everyone think "I feel safer now" and not instantly look at the speedometer and hope they're not a few miles over the powers that be and sometimes ridiculous limit

Reminds of a quote by Orwell:

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because brave social justice beta male warriors stand ready to post on the internet on their behalf."

Some good news for you: https://abc7.com/santa-cruz-shooting-ben-lomond-officer-shot-whats-going-on-in/6235628/

You can read it and whack off in delight of another dead cop front of your husband lol

All I posted was some facts Why are you attacking me personally?

It's like your a cop with a typical cop response

I don’t know. You’d have to ask them.

I didn’t attack you personally.

I said AOC would be proud if you.

Maybe it was meant as a compliment and I missed it.
“Defund.”

LOL
Defunding police sounds pretty stupid, but if they arent going to do the job....

You are towing the liberal line. What will Sycamore and goose chit say? grin

https://100percentfedup.com/nycs-co...stribute-money-to-appease-far-left-base/
Here's another dirty dead cop you can add to your trophy room honey

https://www.kmov.com/news/funeral-s...eb01460-a7e3-11ea-b58e-d71455217e75.html

Maybe it was meant as a compliment and I missed it.
Police are for the most part not unionized. In my state, Missouri there are less than 10 departments that have unions. I can only count 7 that I know of in the entire state. The state patrol is not even unionized. SO it depends where you live as to unions.
Demilitarize

https://fee.org/articles/the-militarization-of-americas-police-a-brief-history/

Get the weapons of war off our streets!” This may sound familiar, as it’s often heard from those attempting to pass more gun control legislation. But what you don’t hear is that it’s simply untrue that “weapons of war” are available to the general public.

What is true is that you’d last about three minutes in a conventional war with an AR-15, even with one of the most aggressive builds you can get your hands on. The only people with “weapons of war” on America’s streets are, increasingly, the police.

As the police have militarized, focus has shifted from one who keeps the peace to one who enforces the law—an important difference.

Thanks primarily to the Pentagon's 1033 program, which allows law enforcement agencies to get their hands on Department of Defense technology, and the Bush-era War on Terror, American police have received a startling amount of heavy-duty, military-grade hardware.

In fact, between 1998 and 2014, the dollar value of military hardware sent to police departments skyrocketed from $9.4 million to a startling $796.8 million.

As the police have militarized, focus has shifted from one who keeps the peace to one who enforces the law—an important difference.

Originally Posted by ribka

Reminds of a quote by Orwell:

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because brave social justice beta male warriors stand ready to post on the internet on their behalf."

Some good news for you: https://abc7.com/santa-cruz-shooting-ben-lomond-officer-shot-whats-going-on-in/6235628/

You can read it and whack off in delight of another dead cop front of your husband lol

Thanks Ribka, best post of the weekend.

mike r
Originally Posted by Angus1895

The unions are partially the scape goats. They have their place and where I was at the union offered little in the form of protection if you violated some rules or SOP's. If the Chief wanted you gone, you were gone and it was up to you to appeal. Our union only wanted our dues. The mayor and the council set the tone. The Chief operates under the guidance of the Human Resources department and the city manager. The day and age of the independent strong Chief is OVER. It appears to me the 4 officers involved in this issue in Minneapolis may of been in trouble before due to the lack of over site, the problem continued. It is possible the Minneapolis P.D. does have a strong union since it is Minnesota, a very strong union State. I think these 4 guys were rogues and it all finally caught up with them. Chauvin was their defacto leader and not the patrol Sgt. or Lt.

Pretty much every decision after that was made by inept liberals and anarchists. They were incapable of making sound and logical decision based on facts because they let emotion interfere with their decision making.

kwg
Because police chiefs are appointed by the mayors of cities, not elected and we see how they are leaning
What people want is honorable honest mature men in LE, to often what we have is what has been shown here in this thread
Originally Posted by H5farm
Police are for the most part not unionized. In my state, Missouri there are less than 10 departments that have unions. I can only count 7 that I know of in the entire state. The state patrol is not even unionized. SO it depends where you live as to unions.

In my part of Missouri, which has shifted lately, our police seemed to be well organized and ready for most anything.
What people want is honorable honest mature men in LE, to often what we have is what has been shown here in this thread

What we have is D leaders like DeBlasio and Cuomo and the afro mayor of DC allowing the BS we see on TV where cops kiss bleck ass and bend their knee.

What we have is D leaders like DeBlasio and Cuomo and the afro mayor of DC allowing the BS we see on TV where cops kiss bleck ass and bend their knee.

There may be a trickle, down effect in some places but leadership is not what's here
You're right, there is no D leadership. There is plenty of D abandonment.
Demilitarize

https://fee.org/articles/the-militarization-of-americas-police-a-brief-history/

Get the weapons of war off our streets!” This may sound familiar, as it’s often heard from those attempting to pass more gun control legislation. But what you don’t hear is that it’s simply untrue that “weapons of war” are available to the general public.

What is true is that you’d last about three minutes in a conventional war with an AR-15, even with one of the most aggressive builds you can get your hands on. The only people with “weapons of war” on America’s streets are, increasingly, the police.

Thanks primarily to the Pentagon's 1033 program, which allows law enforcement agencies to get their hands on Department of Defense technology, and the Bush-era War on Terror, American police have received a startling amount of heavy-duty, military-grade hardware.

In fact, between 1998 and 2014, the dollar value of military hardware sent to police departments skyrocketed from $9.4 million to a startling $796.8 million.

You're being played by the left.

We unionized to keep wages and benefits that our city wants to take away. I'm sure many police unions formed for the same reason. Our Union offered little help if you violated any departmental rules and we needed someone to "watch our 6". Once you become a public figure like a police officer you are open to public scrutiny. To make a public stand on an issue means you can now be scrutinized in your off duty time. I never wanted that. I did my job for 32 years and kept my opinions to my self so I did not have folks showing up at my house when I was either off duty or on duty. Our 1st Amendment rights might be the same as yours but it puts our job at risk if we publicly state it and it does not match the public statements of the entity you work for.

Remain silent and be thought a fool, speak and remove all doubt. I really don't think you are going to find many officers who want to get into being a public figure on their off duty time,

kwg
© 24hourcampfire