Home
Posted By: Terry_M Are you still on Facebook? - 06/12/20
This is just one more, in a long list of reasons, I ditched FB years ago.

https://summit.news/2020/06/11/face...-doesnt-violate-its-community-standards/

What a total cesspool.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Are you still on Facebook? - 06/12/20
Never was on it.

The bad points to it always outweighed the good ones for me.
It started as a data mining project.
It worked better than the BGs ever imagined.
I started a Facebook account years ago, right after it got started. I had tons of messages everyday from people wanting to be my friend, didn't have a clue who they were. It took sixty days to completely delete my account. I didn't want any part of the chit. Same with the wife, she bailed at the same time I did. Our daughter-in-laws live for that chit. I can't understand the attraction. Why would I want the entire world to know every time I take a crap or fix lunch. I don't have time for that, even though I'm retired and have plenty time to do whatever I want to do. BS in my opinion!
Posted By: MARCEL Re: Are you still on Facebook? - 06/12/20
Its a poison and time has proven it along with other social media sites will rot your brain and indoctrinate those that feed from it.
Yes, I am, but only for a means to communicate with folks. Being military, far from home often, and seldom make it back to my home town, it is nice to keep some semblance of communication with some of my family and friends. I have long since stopped posting most anything political or what have you. Just pictures of family, friends, and pets. However, I fully understand the disdain and resistance towards FB.
No, I’ve seen far too much bad come from it.

I’ve known several people that were fired from their jobs because of things posted on Facebook that their employers took offense to.
I use it extensively for work, so I have to stay on it. There is a strong market for an unbiased competitor.
Still there. Lots of family to stay in touch with. I do admit to making a liberal head explode from time to time.
I’ve never been on Facebook
Posted By: Torqued Re: Are you still on Facebook? - 06/12/20
Never had it,never will. This site is the closet thing to social media I have.
Posted By: krp Re: Are you still on Facebook? - 06/12/20
Just like anything it is what you make it and you control the level of personal info drama shared. I will say it has me read right, any suggested pages, ads, links are all pro hunting/fishing/Trump/conservative/shooting, I get no liberal bullchit.

Looking at suggested pages for me...

AZ 2A 67000 members
Broadhead Nation 22000 members
Coues deer hunting
Fish Az
Grand Canyon hikers
Back country hunters and gear
Az elk hunter
FLOTUS Melania 400000 members
PragerU fan club
Hunt gather cook
Thomas Sowell Quotes Group for our Top Fans.
Local buy and sell groups

That's just a few and they are all like that, I belong to 2 groups 1 archery and another hunting/outdoors. Otherwise I keep tabs on family and friends, no one forces me to post anything, if I do it's about my family or a project or hunting/fishing trip... about the same stuff I do here.

A lot less political bullchit and drama on facebook than here.

Kent
Posted By: bbassi Re: Are you still on Facebook? - 06/12/20
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I use it extensively for work, so I have to stay on it. There is a strong market for an unbiased competitor.

Same here. it's great for finding people who don't want to be found (especially their jobs) if you know what you are doing. I also like it for the marketplace and the hunting/camping/outdoor groups I belong to, but I'm taking a long break from it right now. The stupid BLM BS everywhere was pissing me off.

I do wish there was a viable alternative that though.
Posted By: efw Re: Are you still on Facebook? - 06/12/20
Never been on it.
Never have, never will, just another .gov spy sight ran by a commie joo.
Any media site, including whoever hosts this site is owned by the liberal left... I see people saying don't support google but constantly post youtube videos who is owned by... google... if you turn on the internet you are supporting liberal media period... thinking you aren't is silly.

Kent
Anyway, whatever media outlet you decide to participate in, be a reasonable voice for conservative values, use their site for the good side.

Kent
Yes, i use it to keep in touch with friends and family that live far away and all over the country. I don't friend you unless you are a real friend or a close family member. Never really had any problem. Im dang careful on what I post. I have very few friends from where I live as we can get together. If I see a friend that doesnt have good judgement or is post nothing but negative stuff they get defriended or put on 30 day rest on my newsfeed.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Are you still on Facebook? - 06/12/20
I tried it for about two months, maybe a dozen years ago.. It was a total pita and I got out asap - never to return.. I won't even touch any link to FB..
I make around $2000-$3000 in sales each year off of my Facebook page for my beekeeping business. In addition to advertising our honey, wax, etc. I also post educational material for the non-beekeeping public. It has over 800 followers from nearly every country in the world

I manage a page for our local beekeeping page that is used to disseminate educational/how-to material for beekeepers, connects new beekeepers with beekeeping mentors, and helps folks connect with beekeepers to remove swarms/hives from their property. Like my personal page we have a multinational readership.

I also manage a page for the congregation that we worship with. We post religious articles, sermon video/audio, and help folks find local congregations to worship with. We have a multinational audience as well.

Facebook is like any other tool. You can put it to good use, or you can post funny cat videos. Your call.
I am just because I own my own residential electrical business, and it does generate a lot of sales. With that said, I really really [bleep] despise it.
Posted By: KRAKMT Re: Are you still on Facebook? - 06/12/20
I use a Facebook account to follow a couple reloading pages, military pages and local classified pages.
I don’t post anything on my own page and it is actually a nom de plur name, so my real name is protected.
I was, I had to reboot everything a while back, fakebook, my son calls it that, did not like me anymore.

For me, the main thing is some places do not have an active website, but they do stay current of Facebook.
Originally Posted by Dan700mn
I’ve never been on Facebook

Me either, I still use email and phone to stay in contact with family members. There are alternatives, all it takes is to exercise those alternatives.
Posted By: Ken_L Re: Are you still on Facebook? - 06/12/20
Never been on it, never going to be on it. I see stories like this and it just solidifies my position.

Stupid Facebook People
Zero experience with it and after what I've been seeing & hearing about it I'm very glad I never got involved in that B.S.
As I've said, some places don't have a website that lists up to date news, like our church. Facebook does.
msg from FB after I posted a youtube video "This post goes against our Community Standards " and the youtube video showed a woman complaining she can't loot because of AK47.
Never have been, never will.
Social media is the down fall of the US
Posted By: Cretch Re: Are you still on Facebook? - 06/12/20
Never was and likely never will. Can't stand the thought of supporting or being connected to ZuckButt.
Yes. It's the best place to do battle with the leftist pieces of schidt
Posted By: xxclaro Re: Are you still on Facebook? - 06/12/20
I'm still on it, I find it useful . I don't understand all the people who say they were on it and found it too infuriating or somehow otherwise distressing. Either you never figured out how to use it properly or you have a self control issue.

What is it that makes people so angry with Facebook? I was on there this morning for a few minutes, saw some posts in a sheep hunting group, saw what kind of chickens were for sale, took a quick look for tractors on the marketplace and that was it. Might see some funny memes later, should probably sell a few things taking up space here on the marketplace, etc...the Alberta elk hunting groups will be getting active pretty soon, will keep an eye on them and try to learn something. I just can't see anything there to get upset about.
They were just getting that set up at work when I was leaving Johns Manville.
Posted By: Tuco Re: Are you still on Facebook? - 06/12/20
Originally Posted by Torqued

Same here.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Are you still on Facebook? - 06/12/20
Originally Posted by slumlord
They were just getting that set up at work when I was leaving Johns Manville.

30 years ago?
Posted By: hanco Re: Are you still on Facebook? - 06/12/20
Don’t have time
Got out of it for 2-3 years. Just got back in. Two grand kids on the other side of the country. Easiest way to stay up-to-date with them. Also, only way to attend church services during Covid. We are back to in-person Sunday a.m. services. However, Sunday School, Discipleship Training and Wednesday evening Prayer Meeting are still on Facebook until the Covid restrictions lift.
Posted By: Terry_M Re: Are you still on Facebook? - 06/12/20
I see several people saying that it's cool and that they just watch what they post etc... That's the point of why FB is a problem. FB is a publisher. FB gushes and promotes the left wing bias BS and suppresses or bans the conservative message. If FB were treated as a publisher and held accountable for their actions I would not be bothered by them.
Originally Posted by Torqued

^^^This^^^
It's a lot like this place in that it is social media. You could sign on, go straight to the 'Fire and complain about all the political stuff there, or you can identify the people who post political crap and block their content. Or you can stay out of the 'fire and only go to the forums/groups that interest you.
I can identify with the use of fb for keeping in touch with family or as a business page.... Makes sense.

Just be aware that the former corporate Vice P vor Face book won't let his own kids on it.
Here's another connection that should know. Former advisor for Steve Jobs said... see link below.

https://www.infowars.com/former-adv...-the-very-fabric-of-human-relationships/
Posted By: 358WCF Re: Are you still on Facebook? - 06/12/20
Never have & no plans to join... ever.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Are you still on Facebook? - 06/12/20
Use it to send stuff to my 91 year old mother overseas. The kids and grandkids make sure there's something from one of us every couple of days. I use it to communicate with retail customers for the business. I think my last personal post was six years ago..... It's a handy tool for what I want it for.
FB is what you make it.

I use it as a platform to advertise and sell a product.

It is fantastic in that regard
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
It's a lot like this place in that it is social media. You could sign on, go straight to the 'Fire and complain about all the political stuff there, or you can identify the people who post political crap and block their content. Or you can stay out of the 'fire and only go to the forums/groups that interest you.

It's not really like this place at all. This place allows members to go back and forth with each other to hash out different ideas. FB removes people or content that does not fit their agenda. There's a substantial difference.
What content does FB remove specifically not allegedly?

Rick has banned multiple people here for racist comments. Hell you can say about any cuss word on FB but not here.

The derogatory memes aimed at liberals start on FB then come here.

If you are getting liberal feeds on FB it's because you have supported liberal media agendas that they mined.

Lots of hunting, shooting, 2A groups that have more members than here per group.

There are things I don't like about FB but I've eliminated the nuisance notifications, the biggest difference is no gun sales in their classifieds compared to here. Local hunting sites take care of that.

I'm sure some computer wizard here could find out who owns the hosting site here... odds are it's a liberal zionist like most media.

Kent
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Yes, i use it to keep in touch with friends and family that live far away and all over the country. I don't friend you unless you are a real friend or a close family member. Never really had any problem. Im dang careful on what I post. I have very few friends from where I live as we can get together. If I see a friend that doesnt have good judgement or is post nothing but negative stuff they get defriended or put on 30 day rest on my newsfeed.

THIS about covers it for me.
Originally Posted by krp
What content does FB remove specifically not allegedly?

Rick has banned multiple people here for racist comments. Hell you can say about any cuss word on FB but not here.

The derogatory memes aimed at liberals start on FB then come here.

If you are getting liberal feeds on FB it's because you have supported liberal media agendas that they mined.

Lots of hunting, shooting, 2A groups that have more members than here per group.

There are things I don't like about FB but I've eliminated the nuisance notifications, the biggest difference is no gun sales in their classifieds compared to here. Local hunting sites take care of that.

I'm sure some computer wizard here could find out who owns the hosting site here... odds are it's a liberal zionist like most media.

Kent

Specifically: My wife posted a video of Project Veritas undercover sting on Planned Parenthood selling baby parts. The one where the lady was bragging about buying a sports car with the proceeds. FB removed her post and banned her for a week. Is that specific enough? There's been a couple other times when she put up videos or comments about the preservation of "All Life" in relation to banning abortions and they have been removed as "Not in keeping with FB community standards." Nothing she posts is racist or even leans that way. We have mixed race grandkids, nieces, nephews, etc. I avoid the whole shebang by not having an account. If they were treated as a publisher I would not have any beef with FB at all.
Posted By: antlers Re: Are you still on Facebook? - 06/12/20
Fakebook.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Are you still on Facebook? - 06/12/20
Never had a use for facebook. The wife has it and seems to enjoy her time wasted there! Just like I waste time here.
If someone wants to tell me something they can send me an email. If some church or organization wants to post announcements they can get a web page. Who needs Facebook for that? Never been on Facebook or Twitter. I don't support left-wing anti-American organizations. If I was in some kind of business that got leads on Facebook it might be different.
Hmmmmmm...
No mention about the secret decoder ring exclusive 24hr campfire facebook site peeps that you hear about once in awhile on here.

LOL!!!
This site is enough social media for me. I have no intent on ever opening a Facebook account.
I never used fuuuckbook!
Posted By: dale06 Re: Are you still on Facebook? - 06/12/20
Originally Posted by 358WCF
Never have & no plans to join... ever.

Ditto
Still on FB like here. I get my news from the monkey schit fights.
Posted By: Remsen Re: Are you still on Facebook? - 06/12/20
No way I want anything to do with (((Zuckerberg))) and the ZOG.
Plenty of anti abortion stuff on FB, quick run down my feed produced this... lots more more pointed, but not as graphic as you want.

[img]https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn....c7859de5f11c07dac5ba4f1c&oe=5F089526[/img]

Fine you don't like FB, stuff I don't like either but again it's what 'you' make of it.

Kent
I was on for a month, but deleted my account (as much as they will let me) years ago.
I'll probably get banned soon. They keep taking down what I think is benign and historically accurate but it doesn't fit their narrative. I'd have quit long ago but somebody's got to try to get the truth out to the sheep on there.

Bb
Here's what a former Facebook executive said about Facebook. Short 5 minute segment from Stanford.
The rest is even better.
It's posted in the next box down.
He's basically more than a mere insider spilling the beans as a whistle blower. He's one of Zuckerberg's top right hand men.

Here's the full Stanford University interview for those interested and that have the attention span to sit 56 minutes for a historical event where the former Facebook Executive honestly gives the inside scoop on his company. Please don't demean yourself by calling him a "conspiracy theorist" until you actually listen to it.

Truly interesting even for those who loove FB.

Never had it. Everyone tells me I "need" it.

Places like this are filled with mostly like minded individuals,with some reasonable differences in opinion.

Facebook is filled with the garbage of the earth. I don't need that.
TimberRunner,

I know what you mean. I get that a lot too.
I don't care if someone wants to be on FB. I just get tired of the peer pressure to get an account.

The guy who claims to have developed/invented it warns about it rewiring everyone s brain who uses it.
I tried to get on spacebook fakebook to find information I was guided to by a friend. It wouldn't let me on. No matter what I did. Forget it! No place for me. But I notice one of my innanet buddies say he doesn't want to be a part of any "club" that would have him as a member. Be Well, Rustyzipper.
No Never will!
I attempted to sign up on Facebook, they asked for a cell phone number to send a code. I entered the code and then received the below on Facebook. Screw them

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by RemModel8
I attempted to sign up on Facebook, they asked for a cell phone number to send a code. I entered the code and then received the below on Facebook. Screw them

For crying out loud!
The dirtbags require your personal information now!
Before you know it, if they get away with this, the stores that have loyalty cards in order to get something on sale will require it too.

I remember when Facebook em and bag em would require a REAL name as long as it didn't sound like someone's handle on a forum. NOW photo ID with all the other personal data! They could steal your identity and clean out a bank with that. WAIT! They don't have to STEAL ANYTHING! They already have the ID.

The only thing pink sweater cuckerburg can require for ID is his one way train ticket to hell.

Zucker's problem is this:
Nope!!!
Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
I tried to get on spacebook fakebook to find information I was guided to by a friend. It wouldn't let me on. No matter what I did. Forget it! No place for me. But I notice one of my innanet buddies say he doesn't want to be a part of any "club" that would have him as a member. Be Well, Rustyzipper.

Groucho Marx is credited with that quote about clubs. I never have been on FarceBook and never will.
Originally Posted by Terry_M
This is just one more, in a long list of reasons, I ditched FB years ago.

https://summit.news/2020/06/11/face...-doesnt-violate-its-community-standards/

What a total cesspool.

Never been on it. Don't know anything about it, but have seen the people who wrap their lives in it and for some reason, most think their miserable lives are worth publication? That, confounds me.
I'd rather be an inconspicuous nobody, with a boring life and a happy dog.
Posted By: Hookset Re: Are you still on Facebook? - 06/15/20
Facebook is a battleground of ideas. You can cede the ground to the leftists and hunker in the 24HC basement if you want, but don’t bitch about the results.
Three posts nine years ago, that’s it. Didn’t like it, seemed lame to me.
You remember the old saying keep-your-friends-close-and-your-enemies-closer that's what Facebook is good for
Posted By: jwall Re: Are you still on Facebook? - 06/15/20
I NEVER have been — ain’t gonna.

never got anything like that, and ph number is optional. you sure it wasn't a fishing scam. they do require an email. but I set up an email just for that, different ones for the main account, and for the back up when I get banned.

never got anything like that, and ph number is optional. you sure it wasn't a fishing scam. they do require an email. but I set up an email just for that, different ones for the main account, and for the back up when I get banned.
have got some pussy though.
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Are you still on Facebook? - 06/15/20
Never did...Who'has time for the leftist BS. Fuqk em, screw em..
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Never did...Who'has time for the leftist BS. Fuqk em, screw em..
there is a lot on there besides the leftist chit, lots of hunting fishing groups. it is what you make of it not much different than here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/164509600573518/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/273652836974615/
Posted By: krp Re: Are you still on Facebook? - 06/15/20
Ha, Rodger I think you get banned the most out of the guys that post here and there.

I hear about this leftist chit from guys that have never been there, they've seen a link though... I have zero liberal propaganda on my feed. Do have a chitload of pro military, cops, Trump, USA, memes calling out liberal lies... you aren't getting every post made on FB, just your friends list and some links dependent on your mined preference.

Mostly it's family, friends, local hunting orgs, marketplace.

Lots of conservative voices on FB, you only need an email to sign up, can even use a fake name if you want.

Kent
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Nope, I was on FB, creating an account and that is what happened.
I've been censored a lot on Facebook lately. My dad was just censored and his post covered with a fact check banner saying it was false. What he posted said something about, Imagine a world..... I'm not sure how imagine could be false.

Meanwhile I've read a lot of leftist crap lately on facebook and then researched it to find out much of it is very untrue yet non of it gets the facebook fact check banner.

I need to close my Facebook account. I'll have to find another way to keep track of old friends. It uses your phone to listen to all of your conversations not just your phone calls. I was asking a guy in person the other day what he thought of the latest samsung phone. Within an hour I started getting tons of samsung ads about the phone.

I told my neighbor the other day across the yard that I ordered parts for my hot tub last year and fixed it myself. I then started getting ads on Facebook for hot tub parts. I took a pic of my toe the other day to show my rheumatologist the changes from my autoimmune disease. Then I started getting tons of facebook ads for toenail treatments before I even sent the Dr the pic.

I should probably be looking for a flip phone.

Bb
Burleyboy,

That's just plain creepy.

Years ago, an engineer for a big tech company was interviewed. He said that phones had the capability to record conversations with out the knowledge of the people recorded.
My neighbor used to work for NSA and said your phone is always listening like Alexa. He said even if it is turned off they can turn on the mic.

Bb
© 24hourcampfire