Home
I bought a Savage Model 10 bolt rifle in 260 Rem from a relative a few years ago. It shoots good but doesn't throw the case out of the magazine when I work the bolt. It seems the ejector spring needs replaced. Does anyone have advice on whether to get just the spring or should I get a kit with other parts while I'm at it?
The You-Tube videos show me that it's not hard to replace. Just wonder if I should be replacing more than just the ejector spring.
I originally placed this in the Savage Forum but was advised to try again here.
Thanks for your replies in advance.
The Savage collectors have difficulty with anything other than the 99 - that's OK.
If there are no extraction problems then I would think just the ejector spring needs replacing. Your relative could have left a snap cap, dummy, spent case or round in the chamber for an extended period of time. If this is the case you might suspect the main spring / firing pin spring. If this is not the case - you just got a weak or improperly tempered spring.
If the gun is too old for Savage to help you with the part, Brownells carries it.
Savage has replacement parts and will be glad to send you some. All you have to do is contact them and let them know what the issue is.. Its actually a very common issue with savage bolt action rifles. I carry bolt kits on hand to replace extractors and ejector plungers and springs when they wear out or start showing issues. About 75% of the savage bolt actions I've had, has had issues like this.
Contact sharp shooters supply they have an inexpensive kit that really works well
© 24hourcampfire