Home
Posted By: kend Brownells pricing - 02/17/11
Are Brownells prices high across the board? I tried to buy some Wipe-out from them and they were $5 high so I sent them an email. They said it is what it is. Yesterday I was looking for a scope base. Brownells $24.95 SWFA 16.95 for the exact item.
Posted By: shooter4570 Re: Brownells pricing - 02/17/11
Do you have a business account with them ? The prices shown in the catalog are retail, you have to have a business account to get wholesale (the code to the left).
Then IME (except optics) their prices are the best.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Brownells pricing - 02/17/11
Consider that Brownell's primary market is gunsmiths and gun shops. They are not in business to compete with their best customers so you get the full retail markup. Also consider the great service when you can't get what you want locally, that's worth something. Most everything in stock, quick shipping, no minimum, rational shipping costs, and people who know what they are talking about if you need help.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Brownells pricing - 02/17/11
Every shipment should arrive with a tube of Vaseline...............
Stupid remark. Don't know why but I expected better from you.
Facts trouble you?.................
Nope, maybe your lack of understanding of how businesses work. Brownell's is primarily a supplier, not a retailer.
As a consumer,I know when I'm being bent.

I couldn't slight the fact,that you are far more giddy to be so violated,than I.

Congratulations?..................
Then don't shop there or get an FFL for wholesale pricing. The point I was trying to make is that they're not out to screw anybody but trying to keep from screwing themselves by not pissing off the bulk of their customers.
The point you are making,is you have less than a shred of a clue,which goes without saying.

But it's funny...............
I'm glad, it's its the pinnacle of my day to entertain you! laugh

wink
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Brownells pricing - 02/17/11
I'd say their customer service seems to have tanked in the past year or so. A friend has an FFL, and orders from them frequently. Lately lots of stuff has been out of stock, and other orders that have gone catywumpus.

They used to be the gold standard, not so much anymore.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Brownells pricing - 02/17/11
I'd agree that they have been out of stock more and more often over the past couple of years. I've bought a lot of things, mostly parts, from Brownells and MidwayUSA over the years and can't remember being displeased with the quality of anything that I've bought from Brownells.

JEff
Brownells is a last resort for me and a bitter pill to swallow,due to their pricing..............
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Brownells pricing - 02/17/11
I have an FFL, so I get dealer pricing.

JEff
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Brownells pricing - 02/18/11
FFL's abound and their pricing is still schit.

Ain't like it's hard to read the catalog code either,to see the numbers.

Noone charges more and that's fairly revealing...............

Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Brownells pricing - 02/18/11
OK, so you're recommending that we should buy from what specific vendor, if not from Brownells or MidwayUSA?

JEff
Posted By: bea175 Re: Brownells pricing - 02/18/11
I still i have my dealership with Brownell and i purchase most of my parts from them.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Brownells pricing - 02/18/11
I get wholesale pricing. I had to give up my FFL during the Clinton regime due to harrassemnt. I talked to Brownells,explaining I did not need a FFL to do stock work.
Just recently they really helped me out with an order that I screwed up.Replaced the items I ordered by mistake at no charge and paid the postage both ways.
For what I order, they beat Midway USA prices.
Posted By: JBGQUICK Re: Brownells pricing - 02/18/11
OK, and this worries us why? if they are more expensive, then I don't tend to buy there.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
OK, so you're recommending that we should buy from what specific vendor, if not from Brownells or MidwayUSA?

JEff

Your Imagination is flaring up again. I simply stated,that Brownells will reliably charge more,for the same goods and if that horns you up...you are there.

They'll greedily take your business.............
Posted By: nsaqam Re: Brownells pricing - 02/18/11
Just checked one item on Brownells and at Midway, I get dealer pricing at both places.
Remington 700 firing pin assembly, LA.
Midway is $47.99 and is special order, 30+days out.
Brownells is 43.47 and is in stock.

And don't even think about the price after shipping!

I like Brownells a bunch and I dislike Midway just as much.

Brownells knows about the stuff it sells and that can't be said about Midway.

Now if you want a GOOD dealer discount you need to look at Grafs.
Posted By: Malm Re: Brownells pricing - 02/18/11
Originally Posted by Big Stick

If you're a dealer, the items you purchase are tax deductible and written off as part of your expense. You need to figure the price of the item into your final bill.

As far as Brownell's as a supplier, I've never had a problem that wasn't immediately rectified by their customer service department. Their satisfaction guarantee is gold standard. You can return any item regardless of when you purchased it provided it is unused and in original package. They are a pleasure to do business with, and for that, what little additional cost there is, is well worth it.
Posted By: Aero Re: Brownells pricing - 02/18/11
Brownells is a last resort for me and a bitter pill to swallow,due to their pricing..............

What's the first choice, Walmart?
Posted By: kamo Re: Brownells pricing - 02/18/11
Thanks for the info....
Posted By: Redneck Re: Brownells pricing - 02/18/11
Originally Posted by Malm

If you're a dealer, the items you purchase are tax deductible and written off as part of your expense. You need to figure the price of the item into your final bill.

As far as Brownell's as a supplier, I've never had a problem that wasn't immediately rectified by their customer service department. Their satisfaction guarantee is gold standard. You can return any item regardless of when you purchased it provided it is unused and in original package. They are a pleasure to do business with, and for that, what little additional cost there is, is well worth it.
You stated it better than I..

I rarely find an item out of stock there - and when I send an order over online the items are usually at my shop within 2-3 days... Never had an issue with their customer service in the 13 years I've used them.. And I've been to their business 4-5 times to pick up some hazardous items that cost too much to ship.. Never met friendlier, more helpful people..

But I have no beef with Midway either.. And I"ve been a customer of theirs for two decades.. The price is the price.. If you need it and they have it - might as well buy it.. If someone has it cheaper, then go there..

Posted By: dsink Re: Brownells pricing - 02/18/11
One good thing I like about Brownells from a dealer standpoint is, if I order in the wrong part. I can return it for a full refund with no extra charge.

I have noticed in the past that Midway's dealers pricing is sometimes higher than there retail prices.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Brownells pricing - 02/18/11
True...
Originally Posted by Aero

What's the first choice, Walmart?

I savvy that you are a MartMart Fan,given your Blue Parking Permit and it's inherent ability to getcha closer to windows that need licked. That beside the fact that impress far more easily than I.

Congratulations?...................
Posted By: MikeFletcher Re: Brownells pricing - 02/18/11
Originally Posted by kend
Are Brownells prices high across the board? I tried to buy some Wipe-out from them and they were $5 high so I sent them an email. They said it is what it is. Yesterday I was looking for a scope base. Brownells $24.95 SWFA 16.95 for the exact item.

It depends. Some items are cheaper elsewhere at retail than Brownell's dealer pricing. It is not always Brownell's fault, it depends on the price break they receive from the manufacturer.

Sometimes it is cost effective to include a higher priced item with an existing order to avoid extra shipping.

I like Brownell's 100% refund policy. I have returned items that I purchased years ago and never used and received prompt refunds. That is not always the case with others.

Posted By: Nessmuk Re: Brownells pricing - 02/18/11
Brownells has been right decent and more than fair in any dealings I've had with them. They bend over backwards and go the extra mile for their customer satisfaction. That is claim Midway, Natchez, Mid-South etc, can not truthfully make. In today's world of internet access, and everyone checking prices and wanting everything at cost, I appreciate their dealer pricing. As it is, I sometimes barely turn a profit on the labor of a job, and end up needing to put the mark-up on the parts used. When I can, I don't.
Posted By: Clarkma Re: Brownells pricing - 02/24/11
I have been getting gunsmith prices from Brownells for 15 years.
The girl at Brownells suggested it.
Now my buddies cannot get the same prices.
I am not a real gunsmith, but I must be grandfathered in.
My buddies that do gunsmithing with me, get me to buy from Brownells for them, and ship to their addresses.

9 years ago, when I was learning to cut chambers on a rifle barrel blank, Brownells had a gunsmith on staff that explained everything to me on the phone.

When I called up Midway and asked them if their .223Rem reamers were per SAAMI, the supervisor gave me Remington's phone number.
Posted By: gregory Re: Brownells pricing - 03/06/11
I used to buy from Brownell's and get the wholesale price, I have a business but I don't have an FFL. Do they (Brownell's) require an FFL now for wholesale pricing? I guess I should call them.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Brownells pricing - 03/06/11
I order Talley lwt rings from them for $26. They are far cheaper on many things than others.
© 24hourcampfire