Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
OK, so you're recommending that we should buy from what specific vendor, if not from Brownells or MidwayUSA?

JEff

Your Imagination is flaring up again. I simply stated,that Brownells will reliably charge more,for the same goods and if that horns you up...you are there.

They'll greedily take your business.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just checked one item on Brownells and at Midway, I get dealer pricing at both places.
Remington 700 firing pin assembly, LA.
Midway is $47.99 and is special order, 30+days out.
Brownells is 43.47 and is in stock.

And don't even think about the price after shipping!

I like Brownells a bunch and I dislike Midway just as much.

Brownells knows about the stuff it sells and that can't be said about Midway.

Now if you want a GOOD dealer discount you need to look at Grafs.

Last edited by nsaqam; 02/18/11.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick
As a consumer,I know when I'm being bent.

If you're a dealer, the items you purchase are tax deductible and written off as part of your expense. You need to figure the price of the item into your final bill.

As far as Brownell's as a supplier, I've never had a problem that wasn't immediately rectified by their customer service department. Their satisfaction guarantee is gold standard. You can return any item regardless of when you purchased it provided it is unused and in original package. They are a pleasure to do business with, and for that, what little additional cost there is, is well worth it.

Lock, Stock and Barrel gunworks
SLC, Ut
USMC 69-73

"This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend, it is my life."
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Brownells is a last resort for me and a bitter pill to swallow,due to their pricing..............

What's the first choice, Walmart?

K
K
Thanks for the info....

Bangkok people are excited to be visiting. Holiday Palace in Singapore, but mostly just not going to go play the game. Holiday Palace each other very much.
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Malm
As a consumer,I know when I'm being bent.

If you're a dealer, the items you purchase are tax deductible and written off as part of your expense. You need to figure the price of the item into your final bill.

As far as Brownell's as a supplier, I've never had a problem that wasn't immediately rectified by their customer service department. Their satisfaction guarantee is gold standard. You can return any item regardless of when you purchased it provided it is unused and in original package. They are a pleasure to do business with, and for that, what little additional cost there is, is well worth it.
You stated it better than I..

I rarely find an item out of stock there - and when I send an order over online the items are usually at my shop within 2-3 days... Never had an issue with their customer service in the 13 years I've used them.. And I've been to their business 4-5 times to pick up some hazardous items that cost too much to ship.. Never met friendlier, more helpful people..

But I have no beef with Midway either.. And I"ve been a customer of theirs for two decades.. The price is the price.. If you need it and they have it - might as well buy it.. If someone has it cheaper, then go there..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One good thing I like about Brownells from a dealer standpoint is, if I order in the wrong part. I can return it for a full refund with no extra charge.

I have noticed in the past that Midway's dealers pricing is sometimes higher than there retail prices.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
True...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Aero
Brownells is a last resort for me and a bitter pill to swallow,due to their pricing..............

What's the first choice, Walmart?

I savvy that you are a MartMart Fan,given your Blue Parking Permit and it's inherent ability to getcha closer to windows that need licked. That beside the fact that impress far more easily than I.

Congratulations?...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kend
Are Brownells prices high across the board? I tried to buy some Wipe-out from them and they were $5 high so I sent them an email. They said it is what it is. Yesterday I was looking for a scope base. Brownells $24.95 SWFA 16.95 for the exact item.

It depends. Some items are cheaper elsewhere at retail than Brownell's dealer pricing. It is not always Brownell's fault, it depends on the price break they receive from the manufacturer.

Sometimes it is cost effective to include a higher priced item with an existing order to avoid extra shipping.

I like Brownell's 100% refund policy. I have returned items that I purchased years ago and never used and received prompt refunds. That is not always the case with others.

If you can't improve on silence, shut the #@&% up!
IC B3

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Brownells has been right decent and more than fair in any dealings I've had with them. They bend over backwards and go the extra mile for their customer satisfaction. That is claim Midway, Natchez, Mid-South etc, can not truthfully make. In today's world of internet access, and everyone checking prices and wanting everything at cost, I appreciate their dealer pricing. As it is, I sometimes barely turn a profit on the labor of a job, and end up needing to put the mark-up on the parts used. When I can, I don't.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have been getting gunsmith prices from Brownells for 15 years.
The girl at Brownells suggested it.
Now my buddies cannot get the same prices.
I am not a real gunsmith, but I must be grandfathered in.
My buddies that do gunsmithing with me, get me to buy from Brownells for them, and ship to their addresses.

9 years ago, when I was learning to cut chambers on a rifle barrel blank, Brownells had a gunsmith on staff that explained everything to me on the phone.

When I called up Midway and asked them if their .223Rem reamers were per SAAMI, the supervisor gave me Remington's phone number.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I used to buy from Brownell's and get the wholesale price, I have a business but I don't have an FFL. Do they (Brownell's) require an FFL now for wholesale pricing? I guess I should call them.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I order Talley lwt rings from them for $26. They are far cheaper on many things than others.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (1beaver_shooter, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 160user, 1lessdog, 53 invisible), 2,405 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,832
Posts18,478,014
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.