Home
Posted By: limabean Recoil pad grinding jig - 06/10/20
Anyone have one they want to get rid of? I only have 1 pad to replace and don’t really want to buy a new one. Yep I’m cheap otherwise I would just pay someone to do it for me. I would pay a reasonable price for one.
Posted By: Ray63 Re: Recoil pad grinding jig - 06/10/20
I do them free hand... Should be UTUBE video on this I would think. Just go slow and think.
Posted By: Hancock27 Re: Recoil pad grinding jig - 06/10/20
I’ve go tone that I’d let you have, never got the hang of that part. _like sheet rock, it’s an art and a science!
However I’m. Traveling for a couple of weeks so you’d have to wait till Next month fo it.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Recoil pad grinding jig - 06/10/20
Originally Posted by limabean
Anyone have one they want to get rid of? I only have 1 pad to replace and don’t really want to buy a new one. Yep I’m cheap otherwise I would just pay someone to do it for me. I would pay a reasonable price for one.
I had one for a time... Only used it a few times before abandoning it and going free-hand.. Sold it to another guy many years ago..

Like Ray said, just go slow, pay attention and you'll be OK.. I use a 50 grit disc on the belt sander, wrap a layer of masking tape on the stock next to the pad and grind till just touching the tape... Remove it and do the rest by hand..
Posted By: limabean Re: Recoil pad grinding jig - 06/10/20
Thanks y’all
Posted By: Ray63 Re: Recoil pad grinding jig - 06/10/20
Check with Brownells and see if they have a video on it.
Go slow and watch the angle of the stock in reference to the pad while grinding. The angles change a lot but you can do it. down around the toe has alot of angle adjustment.. I would do 2 wraps of tape and when you hit the first layer take one layer off and finish by hand. Ask more questions as needed.
Limabean,

You doing just one pad?
© 24hourcampfire