Home
Posted By: 19352012 Ignore function - 02/04/22
Idk how impossible this pipedream is but if we didn't have to see threads from users we have on ignore, that would be awesome. Thanks for everything though, love the site. Appreciate you having it for everyone.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Ignore function - 02/05/22
I think that’s a function of the forum software as well as if Ricky wants it set up that way. Even if he agreed, it might not be possible to set up.
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Ignore function - 02/05/22
Originally Posted by ironbender
I think that’s a function of the forum software as well as if Ricky wants it set up that way. Even if he agreed, it might not be possible to set up.

Word. It would be nice if all of the ignored people's posts never showed, including when they're quoted though.
Posted By: Fury01 Re: Ignore function - 02/22/22
Does this site not have a moderator for forums? The behavior that we are seeing on the RPM topic is beyond anything we should be having to read past. I have used the ignore function but the topic is being killed by content that should be "moderated" I would think. If tolerated, it will be thus encouraged. Encouraged, it will metastasize and kill civil discourse.
Posted By: Teal Re: Ignore function - 02/22/22
Originally Posted by Fury01
Does this site not have a moderator for forums? The behavior that we are seeing on the RPM topic is beyond anything we should be having to read past. I have used the ignore function but the topic is being killed by content that should be "moderated" I would think. If tolerated, it will be thus encouraged. Encouraged, it will metastasize and kill civil discourse.

The great hallmark of the fire has always been it's VERY light hand when it comes to moderation.

Many much prefer a place where a person suffers the slings and arrows from time to time to have unfettered access to the truth. Much like "wherever there is fear in a business, you can't trust the numbers" - wherever there is fear in on-line discussion (of moderation) you can't trust the answers.
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: Ignore function - 02/23/22
What happened? Big Stick show up?
Posted By: Fury01 Re: Ignore function - 02/23/22
Roger that. I can live with that.
Thanks for the answer.
Posted By: BigFiveJack Re: Ignore function - 04/09/22
How do you activate the "ignore" aspect of this forum?
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Ignore function - 04/09/22
Go to their profile and click on ignore.
Posted By: BigFiveJack Re: Ignore function - 04/09/22
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Go to their profile and click on ignore.

Thank you.
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Ignore function - 04/10/22
I can’t say that I have anyone on ignore and can’t understand why so many are reliant on it, but whatever. There’s lots of folk’s posts that I pass on by if I don’t like how they behave. For a site full of so called conservatives, I am constantly amazed at how often people want big brother to step in and “regulate”, so their sensitive feelings don’t get hurt by having someone mean posting on threads.

Carry on I guess but the one reason why I visit this site and none others is the lack of moderation and the freedom to post what I want, in a general sense. For that, I thank you Rick.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: Ignore function - 04/11/22
Because they are puzzies, dats Y
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Ignore function - 04/20/22
It's just electrons folks.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Ignore function - 04/23/22
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I can’t say that I have anyone on ignore and can’t understand why so many are reliant on it, but whatever. There’s lots of folk’s posts that I pass on by if I don’t like how they behave. For a site full of so called conservatives, I am constantly amazed at how often people want big brother to step in and “regulate”, so their sensitive feelings don’t get hurt by having someone mean posting on threads.

Carry on I guess but the one reason why I visit this site and none others is the lack of moderation and the freedom to post what I want, in a general sense. For that, I thank you Rick.

This. I am a big boy and if I don't like it I just keep scrolling.

Pretty simple.
Posted By: MtnGadabout Re: Ignore function - 10/13/22
yep
© 24hourcampfire