Home
Posted By: jackmountain Meindl Kibo GTX - 10/22/23
Anyone have first hand experience with these? Been wearing comfort fit hunters for years and thinking about trying the Kibo’s.
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: Meindl Kibo GTX - 11/05/23
I don't have any experience with the Kibo's but have had many other pairs of Meindl's. I just got the Vakuum Hunters and am really liking them.
Posted By: Whiptail Re: Meindl Kibo GTX - 11/05/23
I'm surprised you are thinking about going back to Meindl after they failed you. I've given up on them.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...thread/Board/21/main/1035564/type/thread
Posted By: pointer Re: Meindl Kibo GTX - 11/07/23
Originally Posted by Whiptail
I'm surprised you are thinking about going back to Meindl after they failed you. I've given up on them.

IME, the Cabelas Meindls were not as well built as the Meindl Meindls. YMMV...
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Meindl Kibo GTX - 11/15/23
Originally Posted by Whiptail

I’m on 2nd pair of the post cabelas Meindl USA boots with no issues. Tried a few other brands and nothing fit as good as they fit me.
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: Meindl Kibo GTX - 02/28/24
Yep the Cabelas Meindls failed me. It was the 4th pair I had owned. I now own 2 pair from Meindl USA and they are made in Germany and are of much better quality and they actually fit me better as well. Been on 2 hunts and so far I am very pleased.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Meindl Kibo GTX - 02/29/24
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
Yep the Cabelas Meindls failed me. It was the 4th pair I had owned. I now own 2 pair from Meindl USA and they are made in Germany and are of much better quality and they actually fit me better as well. Been on 2 hunts and so far I am very pleased.

I just put a pair of superfeet “hike” insoles in mine and it’s made a huge difference. All my boots will be getting them.
Posted By: Kdf22 Re: Meindl Kibo GTX - 04/01/24
I’ve got their Vakum Hunter tall boots and love them. I’ve had them before and this is my second pair now. I love their insoles and all my hunting shoes have them including my LLBean rubber bottom boots.
I use to wear their black duty boots for work when Cabelas sold them and probably wore them for 10 years. I believe I went thru 3-4 pair and they were much more comfortable then the Danner Acadias.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Meindl Kibo GTX - 04/01/24
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm

I just put a pair of superfeet “hike” insoles in mine and it’s made a huge difference. All my boots will be getting them.

Yeah superfeet hikers are good to go.

Did you end up getting the meindls? I have Lowa that I am getting higher miles on.
© 24hourcampfire