Home
I bought a couple of Q5's for my kids' birthdays. I'm impressed. Although its a flood pattern, for the weight and efficiency, it cannot be beat. The thing illuminates my whole backyard when on high setting- 1 acre. I don't think it will replace my princeton-tec beam for running dogs, but for a flood, I think its the best out there for its size.

http://www.zebralight.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=184
Husky.

The Cree Q5 led rocks. I am looking at getting the single AA (H50) Zebra light but holding off to check out the new ones like the H51 that will be out in a month. Here is my Q5 flashlight. Darn thing can put out 180 lumens and has 6 modes. Runs forever on two AAA in the lower settings.

The light is a Fenix L2D Q5. The lanyard is homemade.

[Linked Image]
Wow, 180! Nice Woods, I have not heard of the H51, but it seems I have heard of a newer Cree series coming out. Are these related? It is just moving so fast right now.
The runtimes are just crazy and the lumans of the flashlight for 2 AAs are better than my old Surefire or Inova T3.

Utilizes a Premium (Q5) Cree 7090 XR-E LED with a life of 50,000 hours
* Two modes of output, selected by turning the bezel (patented)
* General Mode: 12 lumens (55hrs) -> 53 lumens (10.5hrs) -> 107 lumens (4hrs) -> SOS
* Turbo Mode: 180 lumens (2.4hrs) -> Strobe
� 28 days of survival use (2 continuous hours per day on the lowest setting)
* Digitally Regulated for Constant Brightness
* Uses two 1.5V AA ( Alkaline, NiMH, Lithium ) batteries (not included), inexpensive and widely available
* 14.7cm (L) x 2.1cm (D) or 5.8 in (L) x 0.8 in (D)
* Made of aircraft grade aluminum
* Durable Type III hard anodized finish
* 56-gram (or 2.0 oz) weight (excluding batteries)
* Waterproof to IPX-8 Standards
* Toughened ultra clear glass lens with AR coating
* Push-button tail cap switch
* Capable of standing up securely on a flat surface to serve as a candle
* Batteries not included
* Includes a holster, a lanyard, two spare o-rings, and a rubber switch boot

Those runtimes are regulated output. Just as bright as the first fire on new cells. I use Low Self Discharge cells now as they run longer and don't self discharge. They also work better in the cold however lithiums really rock in extreme cold. I like not dumping used cells into the trash. Think there is enough trash as is. frown I like the CR123s however need to use AA as the rest of my stuff runs off them. So how is the runtime on the Zebra light? I really like the all flood output as for camp work this is best. Yes those new models of the Zebra lights are not known yet but will be out soon. I don�t think the new models will be using the Cree R2 as I have not really read about much improvement over the Q5 in smaller lights like the Zebra or L2D. More adding a clicky (AA Zebra has a twist on/off) and maybe a small reflector to help the light toss out farther. However looking for the new lights to keep some flood pattern. I will just wait and see before I decide on what Zebra to get. Darn shame companies like PT are using older tech for their spot lights. My Apex uses an older 3 watt LED and wish for a Cree . The 4 side LEDS are DS and with the exception of the GS there is not much more improvement on these.

© 24hourcampfire