Home
I just thought I would let you all know that Natchez shooting supply has refurbished nikon ED50 spotting scopes for $369 with the strait body and 13-30 eyepiece. I am not affiliated with them in anyway but I did just order one of the spotting scopes!
Thanks for the heads up.
link? couldnt find them there. I had one and liked it, but sold it for a swaro- but if they can be had for that cheap, ill pick one up again
It looks like they may have sold them all.
Lefty both of them that I could find on their page came WITHOUT eyepiece? Hope I'm wrong. Duane
They have them deals from time to time on the referbs. I see them in the add flyers they send me all the time. Often the description seems to indicate an eyepiece included and sometimes not. Seems what actualy is for sale is often in question.

You can search this site and the web and find a few threads where folks are asking/saying the same stuff as in this thread. Questioning eye piece details ect......

Description indicates eye piece included on the straight model. And still currently in stock.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=NK8303BR01
Yep, thats what I found.

�Eyepieces Included

Funny though. How many eyepieces? Seems to indicate more than one, and what eyepiece is it?

Same as always.......

One of these days I'll buy one just to see what I get.
I will let you know when mine comes in what it has with it.
That's messed up, if I Google up Natchez, then hit the optics link,search Nikon Ed it shows meter body w/o eye piece.. Good luck and let me know?
http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=NK8303BR01

See if that works.

Sorry - looks like that was already posted.
Shameless plug - If anyone buys one of these w/o an eyepiece I have one that is as new in box, for $60. It will work as 13-30x for 50mm, 20-45x for 60mm, and 25-56x for 78mm & 82mm Spotting Scopes. Ad.

Cheers,
Eric
I bought mine new and first rate shortly after their debut. I friggin love it and won't be without it, it's a damn great little spotter.
Originally Posted by EricM
Shameless plug - If anyone buys one of these w/o an eyepiece I have one that is as new in box, for $60. It will work as 13-30x for 50mm, 20-45x for 60mm, and 25-56x for 78mm & 82mm Spotting Scopes. Ad.

Cheers,
Eric

Eric, are you running a fixed 27X? If so, where did you find it?
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by EricM

Cheers,
Eric

Eric, are you running a fixed 27X? If so, where did you find it?

I am. I found it at Sinclair International. It's showing part 7464 as currently being out of stock, however. I seem to remember that Doug may have had a few come in recently.
I got the refurb scope from Natchez last fall and could not tell it from new. Got 27x fixed from Doug a couple weeks back but pretty sure he has sold out. I love the set up, the 27x makes a real difference.
Just received mine. It came with 16x/24x/30x wide ds eyepiece. Not what i expected. Either send back or get another eyepiece, by the way Eric do you still have the one for sale?
Phil, I sold it a few weeks ago. For the ED50 I'd try to hunt down a 27X Wide Angle if you can find one. Maybe check with Doug at Cameraland or see if Sinclair has them back in stock.
Does the 27x wide angle make that much of a difference?
To me it does make a significant difference. How significant is hard to quantify, it appears to me that it about doubles the field of view and seems easier to look through for longer periods of time, perhaps because your eye can move around. That being said the scope is totally useable with the zoom. I used mine this fall with zoom exclusively. Doug had the 27x wide for $130 IIRC last month. I would not pay $230 for it though.
Originally Posted by DOO
Does the 27x wide angle make that much of a difference?

Yes.

Like MM said, the field of view is much larger and there is virtually no eyestrain or moving your head back and forth while glassing.

It's like looking through a large, flat 27X window in which your eye can move around.

If you're patient, you can find the WA eyepiece (#7464, I think) on sale and you'll have the best ultra light weight backpacking spotter out there.

Another older thread on the same topic....

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/3860855/2
I also ordered one of these, and this thread got me thinking about exactly what eyepiece I might end up with. I called Natchez today and was told that they don't even know what eyepiece they ship with, Randy told me that they come pre-packaged from Nikon and ship out the same way. So, I called Nikon, and they told me that all ED50's, new or refurb, all ship with the 13-30 zoom. Doesn't exactly match up with some people's experience (didn't someone here get a different eyepiece?), but I guess I'll wait and see. FWIW....
Tyr264
Mine is a refurb from Natchez and it came with the 16x wide.
Great, thanks for the info guys, if anyone hears or see one for sale for a good price let me know. Duane
I have something for some as well, it is part # Fsa-L1, it replaces the eyepiece and allows you to mount a Nikon camera to it, giving you essentially a 900mm zoom lens.
I did well with it, but love my Canon cameras slightly more and sold the Nikons, but I kept my scopes and binos.

Let me know if anyone has an interest in it, I will see what they might go for and get you a price.
Guy's I just got the official word that Nikon no longer offer's the 27X Wide view eye piece. My suggestion is if you find one, buy it. A buddy has one on his Nikon ED50 and we used it 2 year's ago to glass deer in a Texas wheat field, so nice to not have to constantly move the Spotter around.
If you come across more then one eyepiece somewhere let me know as well.
Thanks!
Just ordered this refurb scope from Natchez, straight from the link above. Scope is like new in every way. It came with the 16x Wide digiscoping eyepiece (designed to attach to cameras). Pretty much worthless to me unless you can teach a camera to pull the trigger too. I know you are supposed to be able to put on a rubber ring and look through this thing with your naked eye, but it's not pleasing me at all.

In the actual literature that comes with the scope: "We do not recommend the 16x/24x/30x wide MC eyepiece lenses, as light reduction may occur at the periphery"

That being said, it's still a great deal on the scope body, guess I gotta find a photo forum to sell this eyepiece on...
© 24hourcampfire